Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Shadowrun 4th Edition: The Almighty Nuyen--Recruitment Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:10 pm
I feel reasonable sure that there are several solutions to save me aggravation.

1. Google docs premade character sheet.

2. Email attachment using the program to open the character sheet. (google email is free to make. Also pretty safe with it's virus detection software included for /free/.)

3. Photo bucket image hosting.

4. Myth-Weavers they have 4th-ed shadow run char sheets.

5. A premade plain text character sheet based off another character sheet(You all ready have one to work with.); to keep things uniform and easier to fill out; better than awkwardly making a bare bones one from the ground up. Unless you don't want BP/xp information included; for experience costs for progression and auditing reasons. That'ed be easy for me to record I also think that'd be irresponsible making you do the bulk of the auditing work your self with out showing 'my math'.

6. (Really this is just me loosing my s**t over #4 not being an solution from the get go with out any explainable reason. That Myth weaves isn't the end all be all if you have problems with the site personally for what ever reason.) Other editable freely hosted sites that cover character sheets. Myth-Weavers does have a 4th ed shadow run character sheet though. I mean I know this is a crazy concept but you can book mark the character sheets and ask them to make changes. Then they will do it because they're reasonably apart of your game. Sort of how you would with a normal table top game.

I mean seriously off the top of my head, right here are 6(5) solutions that don't involve me trying to clumsy make a character sheet for a system I'm absolutely unfamiliar with. If dude could do it from the get go? Good for him, following the instructions I'm just plain getting aggravated for no good reason that I can see.

So unless something changes or is better elaborated on? I'm out. It's not that I'm unwilling to work with you; I am, That in so far as much as it looks like you're kind of saying "This way or gtfo" for no particularly good reason I can see or understand. Which really just translates to me wanting to feel guilt free for pulling out, as I really want to play shadow run; despite this not wanting to do something I see as meaningless b***h work (It's been explained why I see that as b***h work as there are a myriad of better solutions.)

I mean understand that I may sound like a d**k, which I apologize for, as my thoughts translate to text as prolly bitchy and doing little to actually engender feelings of cooperation. The important thing is I don't 'get it'.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:41 pm
Wrasynth Ksyamen

Allow me to explain it again then...

I suggest using the character generator because it does a lot of math and the like for you, and I will be using it to audit your sheet. It's no more simple or complicated than that. It's not mandatory, I'll put that in there. Putting it in plaintext and PMing it to me is mandatory, however. When I get enough to make it worth my while, I'll be posting them up in the sub-forum in a thread. As I have stated before, me having control over them to make edits makes sure there is absolutely no possibility of cheating, unless I do it.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:16 pm
You're insulting by being patronizing and blatantly ignoring logical solutions. At the least you're avoid acknowledging why the solutions wouldn't work because 'you can't be bothered' which is funny because you're asking people to do work twice. I can't trust you to be reasonable. None of these solutions compromise the integrity of your game, personal assets, or style, as they achieve the same end. Either way the pro tip of the day is "If you can't trust players in your game, don't play with them.".

Either way this game isn't likely getting off the ground.

Done.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:06 pm
Wrasynth Ksyamen
You're insulting by being patronizing and blatantly ignoring logical solutions. At the least you're avoid acknowledging why the solutions wouldn't work because 'you can't be bothered' which is funny because you're asking people to do work twice. I can't trust you to be reasonable. None of these solutions compromise the integrity of your game, personal assets, or style, as they achieve the same end. Either way the pro tip of the day is "If you can't trust players in your game, don't play with them.".

Either way this game isn't likely getting off the ground.

Done.

Now, where did I say I couldn't be bothered, hm? Your solutions would work fine, except that it still puts the sheets in the hands of the players. I've had plenty of experiences where players I don't know and have 0 experience with cheat their sheets at crucial points because it suits them. I don't know you from Adam, and indeed I don't know any prospective players so far. So, unless I want to have some kind of cliquish invite-only game with people I do know, the only solution is to adopt a policy that allows less-than-trustworthy potential players a chance. If you don't want to play, don't play. If you don't like the way I do things, that's fine. But saying I simply can't be bothered is bullshit.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:30 pm
You do realize everyone at some point, either intentionally or not, cheats. Doesn't matter what you're doing. You realize then that the illusion of security or control is just that. Society works based on general cooperation and avoiding general ********. This is like air port security, this is only about making you feel better instead of working with players. Taking the responsibility that everyone holds collectively to making the game fun. Trying to do it as efficiently as possible as well. Which according to Captain Obvious is "Too ******** late,".

Now for brutal honesty time. You're an example of an over bearing story teller. The evidence is simple. No one wants to play with you because no one trusts you. Quickly, some one define irony.

Quote:
Do enjoy the reference to Airport security... dear god, some of the s**t they do there.
[9:59:10 PM] Anonymous: but yea... its' like 'btw, I don't trust you ******** enough to mark stuff as I want it, so I'm keeping all the data'
[9:59:23 PM] Anonymous: which also means it's harder for the players to quickly look up stuff

This is an example I took from a skype chat talking about you. I didn't edit this (besides the name for obvious reasons) post this because I tell people what I think. I have other people complaining about you indirectly. You're literally the example of pet peeves and what not to do in another guild.

This isn't about making you feel worse, it's not a terminal prognosis. I'm trying to address this issue with you honestly; instead of contentiously flavoring our interactions with passive aggressive behavior; or worse yet just ignoring it. As the fact is you want to run a game and are dragging this dead hooker (I could of said horse.) through the street and in front of other people.

What you do with this is your deal, I do feel that this is enough airing of dirty laundry though. If you want to talk further contact me on a messenger service or PM me. If you don't cool beans. This is however how you assertively hold a conversation over a conflict with out being immature. Minus the swearing and immature references...

However that's what I do... >_>;;  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces