Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ending The War, It Begins [SWSE] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:16 pm
User ImageAyan-Dar makes his way across the city, trying not to wrinkle his nose as he does so. Such an unpleasant climate. I much preferred things on Kashyyyk. But I suppose that is the duty of a Jedi, to go to undesirable places in order to assist others.

As he reaches the door of the room, Ayan-Dar stops for a moment to shake the sand from his robes--at least, until he hears the commander's voice beginning what sounds like a briefing. But I'm not late! I came here as quickly as I could! He abandons his attempts to make himself more presentable and quickly enters the room.

"Pardon me if I am late, sir. I had not thought the meeting would start so quickly. I am Ayan-Dar Saladin, Padawan of the Jedi Order." He bows quickly, and then hurries to take a seat, glancing hurriedly over his teammates as he did so. The young man looked lazy, and the older one had a peculiar smell, but it was the woman who wore the robes of a fellow Padawan who mostly drew his attention. Inappropriate makeup marred her face. Such a shame--he would have preferred a more like-minded Jedi to work with. But he will do his duty and endeavor to work with everyone.  
Lord of the Vine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:27 pm
[Knowledge +4 to see if I'm familiar with the surrounding systems of the unknown planet.]

[EDIT: 11 + 4 makes 15 total.]

Hmm...this system is unfamiliar to me... Tiberius thought to himself.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:11 am
User ImageHaving spent the past thirteen point three two galactic standard hours watching the interactions of several patrons at a local bar, DFKT-1dr was very confused. Though many of them appeared to be in adequate health, they persisted in imbibing harmful chemicals and subjecting themselves to fifteen point three five airborne carcinogens and trace amounts of three hallucinogens. It was all very peculiar.

An automated program routine pinged in its mind, alerting it that its commanding officer was requesting its presence. It was still getting used to these meetings with organisms. In its prior position in the Seperatist Confederacy, communications had been instantaneous over the network between units. But, of course, that had been with droids. Humanoids did not have such convenient routines built into their central processing cortexes. So, DFKT-1dr rose from its corner-situated observational position, strode out of the bar on two plasteel legs of superior construction, and oriented itself towards the commander's location. Determining that the organisms likely would convene their meeting as soon as possible, it deployed its flight jets and launched itself at full throttle towards home base, calculating that it would only take moments to arrive.

Of course, the limited utility of the flight boosters meant that DFKT-1dr was unable to entirely complete its trajectory while airborne. It touched down about two blocks away, traveling at full speed the rest of the way on foot. Arriving at the building shortly after a human whose data indicated he was an elite droid-killing soldier categorized as a "Jedi," DFKT-1dr entered the facility. The briefing was already in progress, and it felt a momentary frustration at the lack of coordination and consideration of the human commander. Still, it wasn't that it was entirely unaware of the situation - the data systems were apprising it of all that it had already missed.

"I apologize for my lateness, commander. Unit designation DFKT-1dr, battlefield orchestration, reporting."

{I've toyed with the idea that DFKT-1dr is the one who told everyone about the droid facility, but I figured you've got your own plans for how the data was learned. If it's okay to go with that thought, though, just let me know.}  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:23 am
The hot, dry wind whipped through her hair as Knives rocketed across the desert atop her speeder bike. There wasn't much going on on Tattooine, and she really was doing her best not to stay in one place, in case someone got wind that she was around. It might be smarter to stay hidden, but that was just boring. So, instead she'd decided to take a day trip, despite orders to stick around in town. She'd already shot some wamprats from her speeder, and now she was half-way to Tosshi Station, just because it was something on the map. She'd seen a Jawa caravan just a little while ago, and mused on how much a decent droid might run her. And then she felt the distinct throb of the comm hailing her for a meeting.

Man, that was a bummer.

She contemplated just going on ahead to Tosshi, because sitting through a situation meeting didn't really appeal... but she thought better of it, since she was officially on the payroll and all... Swinging her speeder around, Knives kicked it in to high speed, heading back to home base. She'd probably be back in about a half-hour to an hour, assuming she didn't run into trouble. Probably miss most of the meeting, but she could always get the notes later... At least the weather was relatively nice.  

Emerald the Crow

raozspaz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:35 pm
The commander grinned as the rest of the team minus one finally reached the building. He continued on with the debriefing none the less. "We are going to be needing you to target the factories main facilities. This includes the main generator, the main production area, and the yard where all the inactive droids are stationed. If you see any of the members controlling the droid army, then of course, you can kill them. We are preparing your shuttle as we speak. You will be shipping out as soon as it is ready."  
jennibert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:09 am
While the commander talks, Cole looks at the map to see if he's familiar with the area. The Dark Maiden had gone a lot of places in the years he was on her, so he knows a lot of random locations.

He looks up as Engelis stops speaking. "Place like that is going to have some pretty good defenses," he drawls. "Any idea what they might be? And is there a plan for getting us past them to get down to the surface? Codes, passwords, stuff like that? Be good not to get ourselves killed before we do any damage."

{Knowledge(Galactic Lore) +9= 23}  

jennibert

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:06 pm
User Image"Yeah. What kind of opposition are we expecting? You mention inactive droids - but with a facility like that, we're bound to run up against full-blown battle droids and dreoidecas as well, right? What kind of ordinance are we going in with? What sort of demolitions equipment - or any equipment, really - are we going to have to support us? I want this war to be over as much as the next person, but running in and getting killed won't do us any real good.

We're also still missing someone, right? We will be waiting until they arrive, even if the shuttle is ready beforehand, I assume."  
Lord of the Vine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:23 pm
"She does raise a good point," Tiberius chimed in. "For what yer lookin' to blow sky high, we'd need plenty of explosives."

[Mechanics check to determine just what kind of explosives. Rollin' at a +17]

[EDIT: 30. Shoot me a PM with the details.]  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

raozspaz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:52 pm
"Don't worry. You can get whatever equipment you need as long as you get it passed through the armory. Other than that, you are correct to the fact that the factory has some very sturdy defenses. The LAAT that you will be riding on will not be able to be detected by the factory's defenses, however, you will when you get close. That's why you will be destroying the nearby comm base and defense base first. The LAAT will be stationing a mobile base as well that will work as your supply station. It has your standard issued det-packs, just upgraded a little by our explosives expert. Get into the bases which as of our last scan are lightly guarded, and destroy their main power station. Is there any other questions you would like to ask while we are waiting on our final comrade, or is that all?" As he finished his line, another man entered the room.

[Mechanics Check: Unnecessary]
[Knowledge Check: You notice the general location, as if maybe you passed through it once before or heard about it in a story, but other than that, you don't know what the planet is called or its exact location]  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:03 pm
"Well...as I be an independent contractor, what kind of compensation will I be gettin'?"  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:04 pm
User Image"How many targets are we expected to destroy, and within what time frame?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:15 am
"Lightly guarded?" repeats Cole with a quick grin. "Seeing as how a few weeks ago your scans showed no planet either, I think we'll want to make sure we've got enough ammunition to take down a herd of angry banthas." His tone is light and amused, though he wishes he'd paid more attention to that sector. Would have been nice to at least know if any of the nearby planets would be good targets for a supply run.  

jennibert

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:29 pm
User ImageThere's no need to be concerned about numbers. The Force is with us. We simply need to trust in its guidance. That, and bring enough firepower to make sure that those of us who use blasters don't find themselves on empty."

Dakine smiled, slightly, as a way to punctuate her attempt at levity.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:03 pm
Just for shits and giggles, Knives buzzed a couple of Jawas who were hocking a droid to a couple of moisture farmers out on the dunes. They threw up their arms in something like anger, but mostly it sounded like they yelled "martini!" at her as she went on her way, desert sand whipping up behind her. The settlement was getting to be visible now, so it would only be another few minutes before she'd be at the hidden base. Hopefully, the meeting was actually important.  

Emerald the Crow

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces