Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Games That I'm Not Going to Run Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:36 am
Arc Vembris
Dion Necurat
Arc Vembris
Mackie the Knife
A 4e-based Super-hero game.

It's an interesting thought. 4e lends itself to that kind of storytelling, but I'm not sure players really have access to the variety of powers that would be required for that type of game. d20 Modern can do a reasonable job if you get heavy-handed with Mutations and Cybertech gadgets. Maybe if it were Paragon level minimum

Well, you could flavor characters AFTER superheroes. I've successfully made several marvel and DC heroes, including Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Hulk, Storm, and others. Captain America was the most difficult.

I know! Shield-throwing is so tough to pull off

Well, I gave him a throwing shield and a spiked shield so I could use Brawler style.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:53 am
The trouble is that Cap's shield is also his best defensive item, and you can't enchant a spiked shield as both a weapon and a shield. A thowing shield won't grant an enhancement bonus to attacks when his other hand is empty. I gave him a dragonslayer weapon enchantment on it, which at least protects him form breath weapons, and then I used either dwarven thrower gloves or the Hurl Weapon feat.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:49 pm
http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4dnd/20110822#75415

I would love a "Rollercoaster to Awesometown" Castle Crashers style game Jared von Hindman proposes in this article.

I wouldn't run it though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:36 pm
I'm actually in a Pathfinder game set in Planescape.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:54 pm
The End of Days

Sages and prophets had warned of it for ages, but kings and lords didn't heed their warning. Brave adventurers fought against the darkness and lost. The Dark Traveler arrived, the moons burned, and plagues ravaged the land. It is truly the end of days.

Chunks of Elemental Chaos are eroding the World more and more each day. The Living Gate has been reassembled and serves as a welcoming bower for the Far Legions. Demons and Starspawn squabble over the bare remnants of civilization ripped from the grasp of its gods.

What can heroes do in a world such as this? Make it by day-to-day, rekindle what meager points of light they can, or simply climb to the top of the heap.

Players familiar with Midnight might recognize this setting, but in End of Days not even Evil is holding things together. The world is ending, and the cosmos will eventually die, sooner rather than later. The bleakness of Dark Sun without a post- to the apocalypse. Monstrous and dark heroes are the norm, while pure champions will be a shining beacon for the combined forces of evil to snuff out.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:29 pm
Arc Vembris

I would love a "Rollercoaster to Awesometown" Castle Crashers style game Jared von Hindman proposes in this article.

I would love to run that game, i Just don't think i have the chops for it. a PbP game would actually be a decent way to keep up the momentum (sorta, there wouldn't be an end of session break to the action, but i don't doubt it would have similar pacing to regular PbP) I just know i'd burn out of inspiration way too soon with something like that.

I like the end of days idea, though i tend to like a more hopeful aspect to settings for games, it reminds me of this story  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:39 pm
SporkMaster5000
Arc Vembris

I would love to run that game, i Just don't think i have the chops for it. a PbP game would actually be a decent way to keep up the momentum (sorta, there wouldn't be an end of session break to the action, but i don't doubt it would have similar pacing to regular PbP) I just know i'd burn out of inspiration way too soon with something like that.

I like the end of days idea, though i tend to like a more hopeful aspect to settings for games, it reminds me of this story

It is grimmest grimdark

all the angels have vanished and many question to where. Rumors have spread that the oldest and wisest fey know of an escape into another universe known as Telo  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:58 pm
4E Realms Classic

A Forgotten Realms campaign set before the Spellplague, using fluff from 3.0 or earlier.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:12 pm
Spelljammer updated to 3.5. Elves. In. SPAAAAAAAACE!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:21 pm
Or, for a more future-fun feel, try the DragonStar campaign setting, capable of being updated to any edition. It's quite fun.  

Slave Xaccheus

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:25 pm
good thing Spelljammers are available in 4e  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:41 pm
A Time of Adventure in the Land of Ooo.

It's a game set in Ooo. For those not familiar with Adventure Time, it's an after-the-end setting with magic and goblins and elves and stuff. Ruins of modern structures lay moss-covered in the distant reaches of the land. Most of the creatures in Ooo are strange things like house-people, blocks, bits of fluff, or living foodstuffs. The game would be set before the setting of the show, so the last human hasn't been discovered yet. Humans would be the only banned race, and weirder races and monster races would be encouraged. The thrust would be heroic fantasy with a silly bent, saving people who have no arms or people made of deli meat from hungry wolves. The world is full of eldritch horror where you least expect it too.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:56 pm
Arc Vembris
A Time of Adventure in the Land of Ooo.

It's a game set in Ooo. For those not familiar with Adventure Time, it's an after-the-end setting with magic and goblins and elves and stuff. Ruins of modern structures lay moss-covered in the distant reaches of the land. Most of the creatures in Ooo are strange things like house-people, blocks, bits of fluff, or living foodstuffs. The game would be set before the setting of the show, so the last human hasn't been discovered yet. Humans would be the only banned race, and weirder races and monster races would be encouraged. The thrust would be heroic fantasy with a silly bent, saving people who have no arms or people made of deli meat from hungry wolves. The world is full of eldritch horror where you least expect it too.

Sounds....

AWESOME! blaugh

Mathematical shh-yeah!

Course there are only 3-4 puddles in all of Ooo, so you have to be careful where you get your water from.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:58 am
Steampunk vs Dracula!

1910: In a world very much like our own, the heroes must bring the finest Science has to offer in order to defeat monsters from folklore. All classes available, the heroes will use mysticism as well as grit to battle these foes. High pulp content as they travel to Egypt to stop The Mummy, to Germany to stop the mad scientist Dr. Victor Frankenstein and to the American Southwest where Aleister Crowley has claimed sovereignty over his desert necropolis. Punch zombie cowboys!

Races allowed are Human, Half-orc, and half-elf. Papers published in scientific circles have noted genetic differences between highborn and lowborn classes of people, though no one in polite society would believe that. Those unpublished might whisper of the hidden third class that bespeaks ancestry of the fae.

Gear is largely from d20 Modern. Steampunk technology can largely make-up for the difference of a century between 1910 and the modern age, save for electronics(steam-powered cellphones are much more harmful than any fear of radiation). A 4e game will use the inherent bonus to make magic items a moot point. If magic items do show up it will be as an important quest goal.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas