Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The End of Days, Chapter Two: No Rest for the Warrior Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jacior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:49 pm
Matthias gets about twenty away from the seepage and summons a large stone wall. Pulling a lump of clay out he shapes it roughly into the shape of a bridge and touches it to the wall, which molds itself to the clay.

"How about a bridge? It's crude, but less a waste of magic." Matthias says crushing and shaping the clay in his hands.

((Cast wall of stone and then greater stone shape))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
(Gargoyles would be a better choice; medium half-dragons have no wings)

The stone bridge makes it across most of the seepage, but about 40 feet of it remains ahead. However, your target is only 20 feet in, already up to her chin in the stuff.

Be warned; touching her will cause contact with the seepage.

Also, in front of your target stands a semi-humanoid construct, covered head to toe in sharp spikes and armed with two spinning blades in place of its hands. It makes no movement towards you, but twitches in agitation the nearer you draw to the oracle. Unfortunately, it is not affected by the seepage.

The oracle, struggling against the seepage, cries out,

"For God's sake... please... help me..."  

Slave Xaccheus

jennibert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:12 pm
{So are we gargoyles or not?}  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:21 pm
Jacior
Matthias gets about twenty away from the seepage and summons a large stone wall. Pulling a lump of clay out he shapes it roughly into the shape of a bridge and touches it to the wall, which molds itself to the clay.

"How about a bridge? It's crude, but less a waste of magic." Matthias says crushing and shaping the clay in his hands.

{Well... my Polymorph was meant to bypass that problem for everyone, but I guess we'll just say I didn't use the spell afterall... though there's still that last 40' to contend with... and most of the characters can't fly... so maybe I should aim for half-dragon gargoyles!}  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:59 am
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
Jacior

{Well... my Polymorph was meant to bypass that problem for everyone, but I guess we'll just say I didn't use the spell afterall... though there's still that last 40' to contend with... and most of the characters can't fly... so maybe I should aim for half-dragon gargoyles!}

Depending on how many your tapestry could hold, most if not all of you are gargoyles (so the spell could work out just fine), thus making the construct very nervous because they look kinda evil.

Half-dragon would be a waste of time, since you couldn't use the breath weapons and your claws deal the exact same damage.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:59 pm
{Half-dragon gargoyles would be stronger, which would allow the characters in full-plate to still fly. Honestly, I'm trying for the strongest humanoid flyers I can polymorph folks into. All the ones that come to mind are not available to use, since they're outsiders.}  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Jacior

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:08 pm
Matthias stared at the golem, trying to think of where he had seen it before.

((Knowledge (arcana): +6))  
Jacior rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:10 pm
((Oops, forgot to roll))  

Jacior

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:31 pm
{Delan has a default 36 to identify the construct.}  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:34 pm
Delan, you identify the construct as a Blade Guardian, a constructed familiar built to better serve a spellcaster.  

Slave Xaccheus

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:50 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Delan, you identify the construct as a Blade Guardian, a constructed familiar built to better serve a spellcaster.

{As in, from Complete Arcane Warrior?}  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:25 pm
{So, Misery and Halen are totally trying to get to the oracle and help her. However, I'm still kind of clueless on whether they can. If the bridge is long enough, they're there. If it's not and they're only regular gargoyles, they can't because they're both wearing too much armor for a gargoyle's strength. If they're half-dragon gargoyles, then they're golden. So where do we stand?}  

jennibert

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:50 pm
(In order:

Yes, Complete Warrior. Half-dragon gargoyles are fine. Bridge was made.)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:57 pm
{Alright, then. Anyone who is willing - my tapestry affects 9 people and myself, and there aren't that many of us here - you'll be polymorphed into a half-dragon Gargoyle, getting: STR 23, DEX 16, CON 20, Natural Armor of +8, 2 medium claw attacks, 1 medium bite attack, and a fly speed of 60' with average maneuverability. This should allow us to actually reach the oracle, and we can all fly.

Now, touching the oracle gets the necrocrap on us, too, right? Any way to actually get it off?"}

User ImageRage takes a moment to cast swift expeditious retreat to increase his speed, and then launches himself forward towards the oracle. Whatever this ooze may or may not be, he had little expectation that it would cause his unliving form any real difficulty. The other construct that was standing in the way would just have to be dealt with after she was rescued. Rage would grab the girl and get her out in short order, and then they'd at least be done here.

User ImageOulviina casts Black Tentacles to grapple the construct, hoping to prevent it from attacking everyone as they rescue the oracle.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:40 pm
Passing the fortitude save keeps it off of you, or allows you to break free. Pulling the oracle out could be done telekinetically.

Rage, the construct lurches towards you only to be snared by the tentacles. It is not bothered by the seepage as the seepage does not affect objects, and it has construct traits.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff