Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:08 pm
@ Go Competition:

"Sit." That's all Kuni Raicho would say as she gestured to the pair of tables with Go sets prepared upon each. They were separated far enough where either game ensured privacy from the other. But there was a distinct lack of even numbers of players.

"Welcome to a competition of wits and intellect. We will be having five separate rounds, with everyone playing everyone else eventually; so, there's no reason to fret. There is a thirty-minute limit for each game, so keep that in mind in case you get chatty. The best record after the time has elapsed is the winner. Each round, someone sits out and observes, and for the first round, that will be Asako Sumi."

Pointing to the table on the left, she would state aloud, "Kitsu Kyumi and Asahina Kenichi." She would then point to the table on the right, and say "Tamori Makoto and Isawa Toyoko." Sitting down upon a tatami mat, she would finally and sternly order once and only once: "Begin." As an afterthought, she would add, "If anyone is caught cheating, I will break their fingers." She would then closer her eyes, entering into a meditative stance.

A shugenja from the Phoenix Clan and a shugenja from the Dragon Clan would sit at one table, immediately chattering amongst themselves; as it would appear, both samurai were expects in the manipulation of Earth Kami. Another Phoenix woman, a frail looking woman who carried a large satchel of tomes, would take a seat off in a corner, reading by the light of the brazier to pass the time; she seemed genuinely uninterested in the going-ons of the other matches.

Kitsu Kyumi would be approached by a young man with a considerable scar across his face. He still had a handsome appearance which was made only more rugged-looking by the mark. "Greetings. You must be Lady Kyumi. My name is Asahina Kenichi. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I look forward to being your first opponent this evening." He would bow deeply in respect to the Lion shugenja, and offering her the choice of seat.

The game will go as follows: Every round, make an Awareness/Game: Go check, with any emphases you have for the skill. The TN is 5, and increases by 5 every round (after each competitor has made the check). You can attempt a dangerous gambit by making raises; if you succeed, your opponent's TN also increases by the same amount; if you fail, your opponent gets a number of free raises equal to the number of raises you just made. Three failed rolls in a game loses you the match!

Kitsu Kyumi, would you like to go first or second?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:50 pm
@ Go Competition:

Kyumi answered her opponent's bow with one of her own. "It is an honor and a pleasure to meet you." She greeted the bushi with a friendly smile as she went to seat herself. "I look forward to seeing you play. If you are not opposed to it, it would please me if you were to start our game."

((Kyumi's going second.))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Mongooseh rolled 3 10-sided dice: 2, 7, 2 Total: 11 (3-30)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:54 am
'Hmph' Kagae thought, 'Suits me fine. Lets get this over with.'

Kagae quickly strapped on his helmet and slowly drew his blade and put himself into stance.

(initiative 3k2
Initiative 9)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:13 pm
@ Martial Duel:

(Initiative 24)

The mysterious Naizen would adjust his stance, ready to lay into the Kaiu. Unlike the first two matches, however, he does not rush in blindly; instead, he inches closer, lashing out with his tempered blade when the moment is right! The tip of the katana scratches across Kagae's armor, not even leaving a scratch! (16 to hit.)

Kagae, declare your stance (Attack, Full Attack, Full Defense), and go!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:39 pm
@ Go Competition:

Asahina Kenichi would nod in acknowledgement, sitting upon the side of the table with the black stones. Picking up one, he seemed hesitant to place, looking up with blue eyes towards his Lioness opponent. "You'll have to forgive me; though I used to love the game, I haven't played Go since I was a child." he would apologize, throwing an Etiquette of 40(!) behind his explanation.

He begins with a conservative placement of his stones, with a Go check of 25 vs TN 5.  
Mongooseh rolled 6 10-sided dice: 8, 2, 1, 9, 2, 1 Total: 23 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:44 pm
Kagae placed himself in a normal attacking stance after being attacked by Naizen. He shouted a war cry and slashed downwards on Naizen in a hope of hitting him.

(6k2 = 17 to hit)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:07 pm
@ Martial Duel:

Kagae's blade swings and cleaves through the cloth of Shosuro Naizen's robe, expecting it to cut through his flesh; instead, it grazed off of hidden armor instead!

Naizen would continue to attempt to whittle down the Crab, making another strike that just barely catches Kagae in an opening in his armor! Kagae is cut for 16 damage, leaving him Hurt (+10 to the TN of his rolls!)  
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 7 Total: 16 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:18 pm
Kagae grimaces as he gets caught on his torso by Naizen deciding to be a bit more careful he takes a full defensive stance.

(tnbh is now 31 for this round)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:20 pm
@ Martial Duel:

With the Crab holed up in his shell, Naizen attempts to seal the deal with a Full Attack; if he can hit with it, then the match would most definitely be his!

Both Free Raises would be used to lower Kagae's TN by 10, and he misses with a rather lackluster 12, falling right into the Crab's trap! Kagae, you have 3 Full Raises to use against the Soshuro!  
Mongooseh rolled 6 10-sided dice: 8, 8, 10, 1, 3, 6 Total: 36 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:55 pm
"HAH!" Shouted Kagae his plan coming together nicely excelling from that his ploy worked he ignores his wounds and strike the faltering scorpion in a full attack stance.

"This ends now!"

(6k2 to hit +15 from the 3 raises 6k3 damage 1k1 from the 2 raises
and a void point spent to ignore wounds.)

(8+ 18 +15= 41 to hit and 14 + 9 +6= 29 damage)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Mongooseh rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:56 pm
Exploding dice.  
Mongooseh rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 10, 6, 2, 3, 9 Total: 39 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:58 pm
Damage rolling 6k3  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Mongooseh rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:01 pm
Exploding dice  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:34 pm
@ Martial Duel:

The Scorpion would apparently lose the game of patience; trying to goad Kagae into going all in first, he found himself coaxed into the very same trap; this left him vulnerable, and after a quick downward slash of the blade, the Shosuro would find himself on one knee. Naizen would glare upwards into Kagae's eyes, his own becoming heavier as he thumped onto the ground.

Winner: Kaiu Kagae

Shosuro Naizen would be carried off to be treated for his wounds, while Kaiu Kagae would vacate willingly. This would lead to the next two competitors. The first would be a man in bright orange clothes, and light armored sporting the mon of the Phoenix Clan. His auburn hair was cut extremely short, and had a somewhat rugged appearance, his eyes betrayed a more compassionate spirit that lay within. Over one shoulder he carried a nagamaki, which appeared to be a katana with a hyper-extended haft, making it appear to be more of a polearm or spear than a proper sword.

Calling out to his opponent, Ujina Denbe, he would say to him, "Come, Hare. Will you do me the pleasure of facing me in honorable combat? I'd be interested to see where my skill with a blade measures up to yours."

Ujina Denbe, you're up! Roll me some initiative!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 6, 5, 8, 8 Total: 27 (4-40)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:30 pm
@ Go Competition:

Rain Yupa
Asahina Kenichi would nod in acknowledgment, sitting upon the side of the table with the black stones. Picking up one, he seemed hesitant to place, looking up with blue eyes towards his Lioness opponent. "You'll have to forgive me; though I used to love the game, I haven't played Go since I was a child." he would apologize, throwing an Etiquette of 40(!) behind his explanation.

He begins with a conservative placement of his stones, with a Go check of 25 vs TN 5.

"Regardless of when you last played, I'm certain that your skill will not disappoint. Besides, this is not the duelist's ring, where so much depends on time spent on training and skill. So long as you have a bright mind, this match should be enjoyable." Kyumi's cheerful expression remained as she began to scrutinize his move. After a second or so of thought, she moved one of her own pieces onto the board.

((Rolling 4k3; 22 vs TN 5 ))  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces