Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[4e game idea] Heavy RP, low combat game(1 slot available) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:57 pm
Smith?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:42 pm
SlimeGuru
NayrVentess
@Slime Guru - By 'Grandpa' do you mean my character? Coz I am Grandpa and since you are the heir to the family estate, I assume that means you are the son of the current head of the family, who is my son... yeah?

You are correct! I also cannot believe how much Katherine has grown since I've seen her and how much more (good natured) trouble Hammond seems to get into. Ward, well, you're been part of the estate since there was an estate and Del doesn't age like we do so it's nice that some things haven't changed after all.

well, in hindsight, i don't think he would be a part of the state. I don't think that in a culture where a warforged, though rare, is still considered nothing more then objects. I also think that with all the family being good (g-pa an 2 o the kids at least) i doubt slavery would sit well with them...and while Ward would never see it as such, he would have certainly at least been treated with as much respect as any other member of the family. He is still a loyal guardian of the family, though, and would sooner see harm come to himself then to any of it's members....kinda like Robin Williams in Bicentennial Man, cept he still hung out with the family...if you still get that obscure reference.  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

SlimeGuru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:52 am
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply ownership. He sees Ward as any other of the staff, although big metal and imposing. An excellent ally and guard. Someone you want on your side voluntarily. Ward gets compensated well im sure smile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:31 am
The question being that if he wasn't being paid for his work, would he seek further employ, or if this family his chosen destination?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

SlimeGuru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:12 am
Considering the dire state of our finances we may all have to do without pay soon. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:24 am
hot really a problem for a warforged...he doesn't really have much use of money...  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Durgress

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:34 am
So I'm thinking of playing the local trapper, who got to know the family after one member became particularly interested in the pelts brought into town every now and then.

That or some form of reluctant hunt advisor, and hunt as in the mideval fox hunts performed by nobles.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:58 am
How about Belgaert for the family name? Pronounced Bell-Gart

And I'd be happy to have the glove of storing, although Grandpa isn't big on looking after kids lol.

And my background involves a very brief study of magic when I was young, having been sent to a mage's guild by my father (the then head of the house). Although I didn't like it and came home and began getting ready to take over the household. Vora, I would like to incorporate Ward into my background from when I was younger, what do you think? And also since Del is only three years older than me, despite perhaps looking younger being an elf, I think it would be good to incorporate him too. What do you think Durgress? Depending on how long Del has been a trapper, I'm thinking we could have been friends for decades? Like when I became head of the house about 45 years ago, when my father died at an early age, I starting buying some of your pelts, and then we got to know each other and enjoyed each others company. Perhaps a few times you indulged me and took me on a few fox hunts when I was younger and more spry?  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:38 am
no, i do not mind being incorporated in peoples backgrounds, i left mine clear for that purpose, just clear them with me first...i don't want others saying my character did something that he did not.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:20 pm
Belgaert is a fine name. Elven tribes roam the forests in the southern part of the Vale, so a trapper form there finding work in or around Fallcrest isn't unlikely. And the closer you can tie yourselves to each other the better, especially for unrelated characters.

Medieval fox hunts are unlikely this side of the fall of the Empire. Boar hunts maybe, but that's a different sort of event altogether.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

SlimeGuru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:47 pm
Vorastrix
hot really a problem for a warforged...he doesn't really have much use of money...

Lots and lots of metal polish, heh.

I like Belgaert as a name just fine. My character is 18 now and was in Harkenwold for 5 years. Outside of the occasional correspondence with the family, I'd like the current events and happenings of Fallcrest to be a bit jarring to him.

Since Grandpa isn't a great mage but has a great mind and a seeming flair for the dramatic, I figured he would have read to me a lot as a child, thus instilling in me the desire to learn and study. This leads into the younger version of my character relentlessly asking questions of the rest of the family and hangers on.

I was thinking that Del could have first taught young me how to use a bow after begging father constantly to be allowed on a hunt. The idea of setting and hiding traps also really intrigued my young mind. I imagine lots of scenes of myself failing but picking it up with persistence. I wasn't graceful enough to shoot like you so I had to find my own way. Still, your tutelage and the time spent on hunts opened my eyes and ears and helps explain why I give the party pluses to insight and perception. Perhaps the current head of house enjoyed hunting a great deal more than grandpa did.

I was also thinking that Ward could have taught me swordplay and tactics, if anything inadvertently. I could see myself following you around the halls on your rounds and watching you practice drills, popping in with questions about stance and how soldiers fight in formation.

Katherine was 7 when I left for Harkenwold at 13, so I bet we went out into the woods and played at least some. I imagine she was always better at finding what berries were safe to eat and what flowers were prettiest while i was climbing trees and reading books by streams.

I bet Hammond and I got into trouble . It wasn't a huge estate and I was thinking we never treated our servants poorly anyway, so with only a 3 year age difference we could have had some grand mischief. Me as lookout of course, I wasn't very sneaky. Perhaps there was even a small scandal where we accidentally got involved with the River Rats!

Basically, I tried to be a renaissance man. The only things I truly exceled at were cordiality, academia, finances, and the like. I tried to learn whatever I could from everyone at the estate before leaving. Hopefully each of you can see a bit of yourself in me as I left a child and try to prove myself a man.

I'm still thinking of a name, but if no one ends up playing the current head of house, perhaps he died in a suspicious hunting accident and thats why i've been called back. People are after our lands after all.

This is all just stream of thought, if ive stepped on anyone's character's toes please say so! You guys are great  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:51 pm
Arc Vembris
Belgaert is a fine name. Elven tribes roam the forests in the southern part of the Vale, so a trapper form there finding work in or around Fallcrest isn't unlikely. And the closer you can tie yourselves to each other the better, especially for unrelated characters.

Medieval fox hunts are unlikely this side of the fall of the Empire. Boar hunts maybe, but that's a different sort of event altogether.

Boar hunts are even better! There's real danger there, the type that you need an experienced tracked/hunter for.  

SlimeGuru

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:53 pm
There goes my plans for a dwarf with a Boar beast companion!! scream *flipstable*  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:17 pm
SlimeGuru
Vorastrix
I was also thinking that Ward could have taught me swordplay and tactics, if anything inadvertently. I could see myself following you around the halls on your rounds and watching you practice drills, popping in with questions about stance and how soldiers fight in formation.

unless he taught you directly, i don't think he learned swordplay from watching Ward. Ward uses an Axe...kinda different from a sword....requiring different tactics. He still knows how to use a sword, and would have taught him the basics of training upon request...but would have never let you beat him.

as for tactics and such...doubtful...he's a defender, not an attacker, and with his bulk and strength there really is no tactics he would use that would be of benefit to a little person.  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Durgress

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 am
NayrVentess
And also since Del is only three years older than me, despite perhaps looking younger being an elf, I think it would be good to incorporate him too. What do you think Durgress? Depending on how long Del has been a trapper, I'm thinking we could have been friends for decades? Like when I became head of the house about 45 years ago, when my father died at an early age, I starting buying some of your pelts, and then we got to know each other and enjoyed each others company. Perhaps a few times you indulged me and took me on a few fox hunts when I was younger and more spry?

15 is around childhood for an elf, so I'd say i've known you for 20 to 30 years, right around the time I started. Otherwise sounds good.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff