Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bottled charm

5,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:07 pm
When people call lolita cosplay. That is a big one.

Another one is when they say it is supposed to be something 'erotic' when in reality it isn't. (Unless ero-loli)

Oh, and bloomers. I really can't stand them. That's why I always end up wearing cute shorts underneath the dresses instead.

That's about it. I barely have an experience wearing the fashion so I can't say alot.

@ Magical Girl:
I worry about the ***** thing too. That's why I don't think I could wear sweet lolita. It'd make me feel like the people around me are targets as well....I really hope no kidnappings of lolitas have occured. I know that the fact is that it probablly has happened...but still. It's an awful thing to think about. ;A;

The scissors idea is really smart. I might steal it. >_>;;  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:21 pm
User Image

Dooooo eeeeeeeeet.

Scissors or those zappy-knuckles Doll Named Mouse apparently has.
If you really have those, I want you to be the one with me
if we get caught together in a dark alley!
User Image

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

A Doll Named Mouse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:23 pm
Magical Girl Yossy
User Image

Dooooo eeeeeeeeet.

User Image

Not yet, but getting them soon. They're an upgrade for me, safer and easier to use. Called Blast Knuckles, legal, and about $40. I'm a strong advocate for women to carry protection of some sort when traveling alone or at night, especially when they stand out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWMJUWGnnNY

These are some of my friends "testing" them out. I know it's goofy, but you can see that they can be used several times and will take a full grown man to the ground when fully charged. (they kinda overused it before the video, it takes batteries)

Nothing ticks me off like a drunk group of guys trying to intimidate a young female convention go-er at 2 am in seatle. NO ONE bullies me when I leave the raves. Then again, that has to do more with how I carry myself, since I don't exactly flash mace around.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:32 pm
The whole "Loli is hawt little girl lawlawl". I've been trying to find a more "family friendly" term that won't be misconstrued when I try to explain it to people (especially older people).

I also hate, hate, HATE cosplay lolita. And Italolita. And lace monsters.

I'm always afraid to voice my opinions because I don't want to sound elitist, but I can't help my feelings. Cheap lace can ruin a really good outfit. And it has, on multiple occasions. (Speaking from experience)

And also, hair. Hair is a major make it or break it in my opinion. You could look like a hundred bucks, but if your hair is limp, or uncombed all the focus goes to your head, and not in a good way. At the same time, a so-so looking outfit could look amazing with a kick-butt hairstyle.

-[Madd]-

The World Within

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:08 pm
A Doll Named Mouse
Magical Girl Yossy
User Image

Dooooo eeeeeeeeet.

User Image

Not yet, but getting them soon. They're an upgrade for me, safer and easier to use. Called Blast Knuckles, legal, and about $40. I'm a strong advocate for women to carry protection of some sort when traveling alone or at night, especially when they stand out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWMJUWGnnNY

These are some of my friends "testing" them out. I know it's goofy, but you can see that they can be used several times and will take a full grown man to the ground when fully charged. (they kinda overused it before the video, it takes batteries)

Nothing ticks me off like a drunk group of guys trying to intimidate a young female convention go-er at 2 am in seatle. NO ONE bullies me when I leave the raves. Then again, that has to do more with how I carry myself, since I don't exactly flash mace around.

Pardon my language, but there are no other words:
HOLY s**t, THOSE THINGS ARE ******** AMAZING O:
I have a small thing for weapons. I'm even a good shot with a gun.
Not exactly lolita behavior, but O__________O

&@MAD - I agree with the hair thing. Unfortunately, I recently went to the hairdresser and she cut it FAR too short in the back as soon as I zoned out. Which is what happens when people play with my hair.
You know Trinity from the Matrix? The back is THAT short. It spikes itself without my permission. neutral
Before I could make cute tiny little pigtails. But now. . . no. . . just. . . no.
*cries into hands*

Plus side? I get some cupcake pink hair dye. so it'll be a good COLOUR. XD

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:17 am
A Doll Named Mouse
Oh man, talking about ***** peeves, you guys reminded me of another one.

Walking through (a)_____ wearing (b)_____ and a group of (c)_____ starts (d)_____ or (e)_____ you because you stand out and they won't (f)_____ or (g)_____ until you (h)_____.

For me, it's mostly:
(a)Seattle
(b)Lolita or business clothes
(c)home boys
(d)hitting on you
(e)threatening
(f)leave you alone
(g)stop following you
(h)pull these out, http://7.media.tumblr.com/b9vfl4b63hsxd9wavsUet8dao1_500.jpg

Anyone have a similar peeve?

I need one of those D;
and lmao, seattle. I was raised there. Dx  

L.una

Ormheld

Fashionable Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:32 pm
One thing that gets me mad with Lolitas and other people alike is when they ask for ratings or opinions, I give my opion, it's no in their favor and I get chewed out.
That drives me nuts.

I also don't like people being criticized for wearing off brand dresses or mixing and matching Lolita stuff with normal things.
I like wearing some Lolita stuff with normal clothing when I go to school or something because wearing the frilly dress would get all bunched up in the small desks, but I still enjoy cutesy aspects of sweet Lolita to wear with my normal clothing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:45 am
Hm, this is going to be difficult to phrase because I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion.
I was just thinking about Emilie Autumn this morning. She has some good songs. I do have a weakness for violins. The outfits she wears in promo shots are very cool looking, but they are not lolita. Fashion-wise, she seems a great deal closer to burlesque than lolita. I have nothing against Emilie Autumn, or burlesque; but neither of them are lolita.
And the song "Gothic Lolita" seems to be about the fetish rather than the fashion. But the word "Gothic" pinned on there just makes the whole thing harder to explain.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

science fiction is real

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:50 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
UGH when people say I'm doing my makeup wrong.
I wear heavy eyeliner and black eye shadow even when I'm wearing lolita gear.
I think it looks nice with the dresses. So people should cut it out.
I'm adding my own flair to the style. crying

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:36 am
Kittywitch
Hm, this is going to be difficult to phrase because I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion.
I was just thinking about Emilie Autumn this morning. She has some good songs. I do have a weakness for violins. The outfits she wears in promo shots are very cool looking, but they are not lolita. Fashion-wise, she seems a great deal closer to burlesque than lolita. I have nothing against Emilie Autumn, or burlesque; but neither of them are lolita.
And the song "Gothic Lolita" seems to be about the fetish rather than the fashion. But the word "Gothic" pinned on there just makes the whole thing harder to explain.

Emilie Autumn never claimed to be Lolita though, she is her own style.
And the song gothic lolita isn't about the clothing but rather the actual lolita. She mentions being murdered (but not really) hence the gothic aspect of it.

-[Madd]-

caramel frappuccino

Sparkly Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:13 am
The Dork Ages

May I ask what style do you wear with your make up? (ie Gothic or sweet or etc)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:13 pm
The Dork Ages

They're not basing that you're trying something different. They're just telling you what they think about the way your makeup looks with the outfit. Could you give me an example?  

C a t h a r s i s

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:08 pm
-[Madd]-
Kittywitch

Emilie Autumn never claimed to be Lolita though, she is her own style.
And the song gothic lolita isn't about the clothing but rather the actual lolita. She mentions being murdered (but not really) hence the gothic aspect of it.
I know. I don't think she thinks she is, but I've seen more than one girl wanting to get into lolita because they think she is. It gets under my skin.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:16 am
firelily808
The Dork Ages

May I ask what style do you wear with your make up? (ie Gothic or sweet or etc)

I kinda do my own thing... like I mostly wear gothic stuff but how I do my makeup, I use heavy eye make up and mostly black eyeshadows and eyeliners. I don't do much with foundation or anything, though.  

science fiction is real

A Doll Named Mouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:17 am
Having boobs. Large torso, wide rib cage, whatever you want to call it. Brand dresses mean fabric digging in under my arms and uncomfortable, itchy, compressed boobage. The hips are okay since most dresses and skirts are above my hips anyway, and I fit them waist-wise, but man, I wish the dresses I want came in sizes in 36in+ bust. crying  
The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff