Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:55 pm
Lieutenant Sephiroth

Cons:

1.We're gonna end up seeing some stuff toned down. Things like Ultimates and Epics. They were more gory, more sex, more violence. Under the Disney comics label? I.Dont.Think.So. In other words, if you want your intact ultimates comics, BUY THEM NOW.

...that's what i was affraid of...

crying *cries like an infant*

i understand there's pros and cons to the whole thing, but i LOVED independant marvel... bah. sad *sadfaise* it's just depressing. comic collecting is just one of those things that i found geekishly exciting, like hunting for artifacts in pulp form. now it's going to be more difficult to find the less common editions...

but on the upside, hollywood kind of ******** up on some parts of the movies anyway, so it's not like disney can do much worse than what's already been done. confused
(i just don't get how they could POSSIBLY cheese up wolverine that bad! HOW?!?!?)

in short: i don't like it, but i guess things happen that wayyyy. (anyone get the song reference? anyone? xD)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:10 pm
I don't really think disney will make cartoons out of X-men, Iron man, Spider man, Batman, Super man, etc. Cartoons have already been made. Made to appeal to young boys, and girls (guilty), that are already kid friendly, it'd be overkill to make more, so i don't think anyone has to worry about the marvel cartoon disney issue. (except batman I HATE FRIGGIN' BATMAN!!!!! IT'S BEEN DONE TOO FRIGGIN' MUCH DX)

As far as movies go, I don't really care, so long as they keep the same director and cast members for X-men. Ironman too, that one came out really good ^^ pretty much everything else, i don't really care...especially superman, i'm sorry i'm going to hated by a lot of people by saying that but it's true....  

infinite_personalities101

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:27 pm
sorry to do this, but.. *gets nerd hat on*

okay, i'm sorry xD but it's a bit of a pet peeve lately when people lump batman and superman under the marvel label, because they're DC. it's an easy mistake to make, so, no worries.
*takes off nerd hat*

yeah, it's true. comics do tend to appeal to those of us who have a bit of immaturity within us ^^ (guilty too)

ironman was pretty awesome biggrin i have to admit that. and i loved the x-men movies... and yeah, i admit... i like the cheesy older versions of batman. xD and the hulk that was filmed in toronto was pretty rad ^^
but i really didn't like what they did to the wolverine-origins movie. confused YEARS i waited for a movie like that and they cheesed it up. [/rant]

yeah... batman's been overdone. it's true. but hey, there've been some pretty awesome ones. biggrin i loved the most recent one (dark knight)... it stayed truest to the darker batman stories i love.
and even though the one with schwartzinager (sp?) as mr. freeze and uma therman as poison ivy was increadibly cheesy... it was JUST the right amount of comic-book cheese that made it awesome biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:44 pm
I think the older Batman series was meant to be along the lines of The new adventures of Batman, I watched a bit of it the other day and it just SCREAMED Batman movies to me. The Dark Knight movie line is just amazing!

*is wearing her batman shirt now as we speak, you know the one liz*

As for Marvel, I really hope they do make an adult series, I also wish they were still making the Spawn cartoons.

ALSO, I was super pissed to find out that the Marvel center was closed down in Niagara Falls, SUPER UBER PISSED!  

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:48 pm
admitedly, i've never read a comic book, at least not marvel, but i did really like the wolverine movie, i thought it was really good, but i can see y others, who have read the comic, would not. (mostly i liked it becuz hugh jackman is the best actor ever!!!! XD)

i apologize for the batman and superman mix up, i still really don't lik them
sorry, but the dark knight was an epiclly awesome movie, but i hated christian bale (batman) HE WAS AWFUL!!!! not to mention he's a total jerk, plus wtf was up with his voice wen he was batman??? i get the whole cover your identity thing, but really, that voice was beyond annoying, it made my ears bleed, (sorry to fans) but CHRISTIAN BALE U SUCK!!!! U KILLED BATMAN!!!!!! but heith ledger did an awesome joker, yay heith ledger!!!! XD

lol i lik the batman with adam west, it's so cheesy,that it's bad and hilarious to watch XD  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:57 pm
That's how Batman is supposed to be, an a**. He's not a nice person. He's only out beating people up because he wants to. His voice was to make him sound more intimidating.

Honestly, if you haven't read a batman comic you probably shouldn't be judging the movie, IMO.  

God-Raped-Me

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:57 pm
For the Marvel movies and such that have already been done...those movie companies still own the rights, so Disney can't touch Iron Man, etc. unless those other companies sell the rights. Which they're not likely to do if they plan to make more movies as it is (like Iron Man and the reboot of The Fantastic Four, etc.).

On the Marvel/DC mixing up. I remember once being with my mom and uncle (who loves comic books) and my uncle was trying to explain to her everything that was going on with Civil War and Spider-Man and Captain America...and my mom asks "Well what about Superman? Where's he in all this?" And my uncle just gave her this priceless look of disdain. She stared for a moment and was like, "They're not Marvel, are they?" And he just slowly shook his head.

Pretty funny.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:03 pm
Sorry have to put in my two cents here, GRM is right, while I think Batman is amazing and kick a** I also know he's an a**. Think about it, the people who know him best can barely stand him (d**k Grayson left because he was such an a**) so I think Christian Bale did a great job. I love his version of Batman, and while I understand people getting irritated by the gravely voice he used, it fits the character.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:05 pm
I didn't like The Dark Knight, but it wasn't because of the assness of Bale...! whee  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:09 pm
*overdramatic gasp* Blasphemy Waku! Complete and utter blasphemy!  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:16 pm
-sigh- i wasn't saying batman was an a**, i was saying the actor is an a**, just in general. plus he's a bad actor. probably as bad as brad pitt.....

anyway i can criticise the movies if i want too, even if i haven't read any of the comics, 1st i don't know where to buy them, we don't hav comic bookstores in this hell hole where i live, 2nd i probably wouldn't read them anyway, i'm not huge comic style fan, but the stories behind the comics are awesome, amazingly well written, and trust me people ur not the only ones pissed about marvel being bought out.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:22 pm
...you think both Christian Bale and Brad Pitt are bad actors? That is probably the first time I've ever heard that....

FYI, if you haven't read the comics then you really don't know how well written they are, movies, tv shows and cartoons are a very poor representation of what the actual stories in the comics are.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:25 pm
lol i no i'm weird, they both kinda bad people so i tend to not like the movies they're in

i know, but i've been told by people who hav read them, plus for me, i'm a nerd when it comes to reading, and i hav this lik 6th sense lol to tell wen something is really well written  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:26 pm
Because of 101's (edit)second last post there, I'm just not going to pay attention to her anymore.

I too gasp at the Waku not liking Dark Knight!  

God-Raped-Me

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:29 pm
@Infinite so you're going to judge their acting abilities based on the kind of people they are? That.... doesn't make any sense, but whatever
As for the comic book thing, honestly no matter how much people tell you its never gonna be the same as you yourself reading it.

@GRM we forgive her only because she's so awesome  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces