Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Forum of Rock
Screamo Sucks, Emo Sucks, Pop Rock Sucks... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Get the ******** out of my store...
  Obey the sign....
  There's always room for Jello...
  Please don't block the sign...
  Que?
View Results

GrrrMoo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:28 pm
JPop is worse.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:40 pm
Ok true metal not bullshit like Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold or Bullet For My Valentine takes a lot of talent. Blind Guardian, Artillery, Sabbath and Iron Maiden are very talented and they are all metal just many different forms. If you think of metal like a family tree. You have power metal on one side then far away but still some how related you have death metal. Very distant and far away on the spectrum of metal but still in the same family. So just like rock and blues take different talents so do metal. That is what makes metal such a unique music there isn't one set sound there are different form.  

Thorax_The_Impaler

I-Gave-Out-My-Info

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:47 pm
i agree screamo sucks,but dont u dare say anything about emo  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:20 am
Thorax_The_Impaler
Ok true metal not bullshit like Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold or Bullet For My Valentine takes a lot of talent. Blind Guardian, Artillery, Sabbath and Iron Maiden are very talented and they are all metal just many different forms. If you think of metal like a family tree. You have power metal on one side then far away but still some how related you have death metal. Very distant and far away on the spectrum of metal but still in the same family. So just like rock and blues take different talents so do metal. That is what makes metal such a unique music there isn't one set sound there are different form.

Slipknot sucks, who needs a triple kick bass pedal and two drummers to do what could easily done by one and regular pedals? Avenged sevenfold, the only two people I give respect to in that band is the drummer and the lead guitar. Their bassist and vocalist are junk, pure garbage. Bullet for my valentines. Thats it, thats the whole diss. Sabbath and maiden were good.

Music is too mainstream now a days. You'll all listen to the same garbage just because its "Cool" please, you dont even deserve to be called musicians. not until you broaden your horizons and learn about real music. "You can go nowhere in metal as a musician", quoted from Brann Dailor. And if he says it, It must be true, he's a very talented metal based drummer.  

Luno-chan

Thorax_The_Impaler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:22 pm
Luno-chan
Thorax_The_Impaler

Slipknot sucks, who needs a triple kick bass pedal and two drummers to do what could easily done by one and regular pedals? Avenged sevenfold, the only two people I give respect to in that band is the drummer and the lead guitar. Their bassist and vocalist are junk, pure garbage. Bullet for my valentines. Thats it, thats the whole diss. Sabbath and maiden were good.

Music is too mainstream now a days. You'll all listen to the same garbage just because its "Cool" please, you dont even deserve to be called musicians. not until you broaden your horizons and learn about real music. "You can go nowhere in metal as a musician", quoted from Brann Dailor. And if he says it, It must be true, he's a very talented metal based drummer.

I know Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold suck that is what I said.

And I don't listen to mainstream music. Most band I listen to aren't even available in most mainstream music stores. And who the ******** are you to decide that the hell is real music? I'm sorry I didn't realize that you knew everything tell me how can we end the world's economic problems. Your making the assumption that all I listen to is metal. Which by the way is not true. And know one said that I played metal. Just because I like the music means that I automatically play it? No you just made a stupid assumption which is false.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:06 pm
Lol my bad dude, I didnt read correctly, I was quite out of it the other night. I thought you were trying to tell me they were good. so I got all pissed gonk  

Luno-chan

Luno-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:27 am
Thorax_The_Impaler
Luno-chan
Thorax_The_Impaler

I know Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold suck that is what I said.

And I don't listen to mainstream music. Most band I listen to aren't even available in most mainstream music stores. And who the ******** are you to decide that the hell is real music? I'm sorry I didn't realize that you knew everything tell me how can we end the world's economic problems. Your making the assumption that all I listen to is metal. Which by the way is not true. And know one said that I played metal. Just because I like the music means that I automatically play it? No you just made a stupid assumption which is false.

Im not an all mighty decider, I just have a high standard on music, and the point of this thread is to motivate people to move to more than one genre, nice try at trying to make me look like an a*****e. Im merely just voicing my opinions, not stating them as fact. And for your information, our economy will always be s**t because for every dollar we print we owe a dollar fifty to the mint that produced it. I like your sarchasm though :]  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:51 pm
i hostly love music no matter what the genre [well maby theres a few exceptions...] especially rock emo thrash and scremo ♥  

elmo_uchiha

Luno-chan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:01 am
A prince in practice moans for the attention that he wants
but most of this town won't even dignify his ignorance with a response
left to a crowded foster home by a 15 year old mom
never been held in anyone's arms when you've never been moved its really hard to move on
A young saleswoman sets up shop when the sun sets
she'll make your wildest dreams come true at a price you wont forget
The sadly married set up alibis no harm no regret
hoping they meet an angel in bed that can wrestle the devil right out of their heads
This city runs fast, no one has time to sit with themselves,no time to look into our pain
or see the same despair in everyone else
its here, its there, its everywhere tears soak each card the dealers dealt
But time taught me how to see every second as heaven even though they're perfectly disguised as hell
And I refuse to let past bruises cover the light
it ain't all good, but its all good enough,
so I know I'm alright
agony is truth its our connection to the living I accept it as perfection and keep on existing in the now

I can only build if I tear the walls down
even if it breaks me I wont let it make me frown
I'm falling but no matter how hard I hit the ground
I'll still smile
I'll still smile

...ear to ear as if that's all I'm here for
despite the wars founded by the rich, funded by the poor
kids barely 18 are dying so billionaires can make more
elsewhere hungry mothers watch their babies starve to death in a beat up shack on a dirt floor
The aged professor quotes "Freedom's without a path"
now he dresses like a widow and preaches "love is dead" in every class
But curiosity killed the cat and taught
the dog in him how to act
and it burned his bridge to Jill so he tries to drown the guilt with a bottle of Jack
Self proclaimed rebels say "We must oppose the system!"
"You gotta take a stand!" "If you're not against them you're with them!"
signs read "Support the troops bring em' home!" "No more innocent victims!"
but when a homeless veteran asks for spare change you're to busy protesting to even listen
And I'm no different I live in conflict and contradiction but it can be so beautiful
when I don't reject what lies within
It's beautiful the way agony connects us to the living
I think of the world when I hurt, and keep on existing in the now

I'll still smile
I'll still smileA prince in practice moans for the attention that he wants
but most of this town won't even dignify his ignorance with a response
left to a crowded foster home by a 15 year old mom
never been held in anyone's arms when you've never been moved its really hard to move on
A young saleswoman sets up shop when the sun sets
she'll make your wildest dreams come true at a price you wont forget
The sadly married set up alibis no harm no regret
hoping they meet an angel in bed that can wrestle the devil right out of their heads
This city runs fast, no one has time to sit with themselves,no time to look into our pain
or see the same despair in everyone else
its here, its there, its everywhere tears soak each card the dealers dealt
But time taught me how to see every second as heaven even though they're perfectly disguised as hell
And I refuse to let past bruises cover the light
it ain't all good, but its all good enough,
so I know I'm alright
agony is truth its our connection to the living I accept it as perfection and keep on existing in the now

I'll still smile
I'll still smile

...ear to ear as if that's all I'm here for
despite the wars founded by the rich, funded by the poor
kids barely 18 are dying so billionaires can make more
elsewhere hungry mothers watch their babies starve to death in a beat up shack on a dirt floor
The aged professor quotes "Freedom's without a path"
now he dresses like a widow and preaches "love is dead" in every class
But curiosity killed the cat and taught
the dog in him how to act
and it burned his bridge to Jill so he tries to drown the guilt with a bottle of Jack
Self proclaimed rebels say "We must oppose the system!"
"You gotta take a stand!" "If you're not against them you're with them!"
signs read "Support the troops bring em' home!" "No more innocent victims!"
but when a homeless veteran asks for spare change you're to busy protesting to even listen
And I'm no different I live in conflict and contradiction but it can be so beautiful
when I don't reject what lies within
It's beautiful the way agony connects us to the living
I think of the world when I hurt, and keep on existing in the now

I'll still smile
I'll still smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9-eKhCukW8&NR=1  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:38 pm
Musically speaking, there is little those genres have to offer as whole in this day and age and I will stand by that generalization. However, no genre 'sucks' in its entirety. Not a single one. There will always be at least one artist with real talent in every genre, and the 'punk rock' and 'emo' genres are no different. The problem is the mainstream, as a rule, does not have talent anymore.

You can say bands and songs suck, but you cannot DARE to say an entire genre sucks musically just because you do not like it. You have to appreciate that each genre is based on its own themes, its own rhythms, and its own voice in the human consciousness. Metal and rock can suck just as surely as any other genre and that is a fact.

Le Scratch

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Alphabetical Elegancies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:54 pm
I've come to the conclusion that most of the famous singers, on the radio and such, can't read music. But I shouldn't assume...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:15 pm
Bolexle
O.O This forum scares me. How can anyone say that Metal bands and punk bands and all that jazz have no talent? They made it didn't they? Hell, I even have respect for the Johnas Brothers for making it, although I despise their music and everything they stand for. But great old bands like Black Sabbeth, Iron Maiden and Rush are fantastic! And if you think they have no talent, I would love to see you try and play or sing their music. Just because you don't like a certain type of music is no reason to say that the muscicians that play it have no talent. Oh, and as for modern Metal and rock, we got Down, Disturbed (Who I admit could definetly improve on their guitar, but have an amazing vocalist and drummer) Slayer, etc. These are all great bands, and although I admit that there style is a bit rudimentary at times, they still are able to go out there and make music that hundreds of thousands of people listen to. And realy, isnt that what music is about? Having people listen to it and ejoy it? Every band that has even one fan is doing at least 1 thing right, and deserve at least a little respect.
If anyone here says a band like Rush or Iron Maiden has no talent, they need to go jump in front of a bus because they don't know what the hell a real musician or real music is. -nodnod-  

Le Scratch

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

MezzoPianoX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:23 am
All musicians have talent.
how woudl you feel if a choir member went up to you and was like "Band geeks suck they have no talent" EVERY form of music requires talent.
EDIT: and/or HARDWORK AND PERSEVERANCE.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:19 pm
Le_Scratch
Bolexle
O.O This forum scares me. How can anyone say that Metal bands and punk bands and all that jazz have no talent? They made it didn't they? Hell, I even have respect for the Johnas Brothers for making it, although I despise their music and everything they stand for. But great old bands like Black Sabbeth, Iron Maiden and Rush are fantastic! And if you think they have no talent, I would love to see you try and play or sing their music. Just because you don't like a certain type of music is no reason to say that the muscicians that play it have no talent. Oh, and as for modern Metal and rock, we got Down, Disturbed (Who I admit could definetly improve on their guitar, but have an amazing vocalist and drummer) Slayer, etc. These are all great bands, and although I admit that there style is a bit rudimentary at times, they still are able to go out there and make music that hundreds of thousands of people listen to. And realy, isnt that what music is about? Having people listen to it and ejoy it? Every band that has even one fan is doing at least 1 thing right, and deserve at least a little respect.
If anyone here says a band like Rush or Iron Maiden has no talent, they need to go jump in front of a bus because they don't know what the hell a real musician or real music is. -nodnod-

Rush was not metal. Geddy Lee was a Jazz bassist.  

Luno-chan

MezzoPianoX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:34 am
For reference: real emo is dead and apparently half of you dont know what "emo" is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzC0RNkBXM0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyJ7zQerJcw
emo has lost its meaning  
Forum of Rock

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out