Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Heavy Snowfall] Chapter 1: The Request Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:51 am
"What's that about dying? Eh? By Moradins hammer! ANTS!" Kardenn was obviously not paying any attention.

(Initiative = 0) Kardenn is definitely not a ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:23 am
Kreil was somewhat caught off-guard by the appearance of the ants, and he noticed that some of his companions were similarly surprised.

"Insects..." he hissed under his breath, glaring at the ants.

((Initiative roll = 12))  

WingedDemonVM

Dark Jono

Quotable Conversationalist

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:13 pm
"What in the...?" Sovelian, like (seemingly) everyone else, is surprised by the sudden arrival of ants.

((Initiative roll = 9))  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:16 am
"I was hoping that whatever was in here was a bit more monster-ish, and not just an overgrown beast of nature. But if it wants to dine on my flesh, I will have to defend myself, I suppose."

Vince dropped his bag on the floor where he stood, freeing himself of the weight of the pack. He jerked his head to the left, and a loud cracking sound of the bones re-aligning echoed throughout the chamber. Now that he had his pre-fight ritual finished, he took up his fighting stance.

Bouncing lightly on the balls of his feet, Vince held his right hand up near his chin. His left was further out, acting as a lead and his primary defense. Both of his hands were held open, his ring and middle fingers curled slightly more than the others. His arms moved in a circular motion, so that he could use the gyration in combination with his own raw strength to power his punches.

Quote:
Initiative check: 22

iDragow

iDragow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:30 am
((If I'm reading the map correctly, I should be able to move 4 squares diagonally and be in the square south of the nearest small ant. Correct me if I'm wrong.))

Quickly deciding to start off the show, Vince charged forward, lighter than the others since he didn't have any equipment to haul around. He went straight for the nearest ant, running at full speed. As he came near, he jumped into the air, spinning counter-clockwise and at a slight angle to the ground.

The Fighter extended his left leg, using the momentum and gravity to slam his heel into the ant's hard carapace. After assaulting the insect, Vince landed on his feet lightly, and then darted backwards away from the ant. After getting clear, he stuck his left hand forward, and then waved the creature to him, giving it the universal 'bring it on' sign.

Quote:
Move Action: 3 spaces North-West, 1 Square North. (So that I'm South-East of the nearest ant.)
Standard Action: Footwork Lure.
Attack: 16
Damage: 9
Effect: Shift 1 square, and slide the target into the space I leave. If I hit, I shift 1 square South-East.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:50 am
As Vince ran forward to place a well aimed hit to the ants face, his taunt was wasted as the ant fell to the floor. Seeing their allies demise sent the other ants crazy, swarming the human. Fortunately they seemed so focused on revenge that most of their hits were knocked away by the man's fists. Only one managed to get a bite in through his quick reactions.

Witnessing the smaller ants feeble attempts to take the human down, the big red ant came over to crush Vince's chest with it's giant claws. The large claws were so sharp they managed to draw blood and lifting him a few inches off the floor.

User Image

Initiative:
1. Vince: 15 damage, bloodied and grabbed.
2. Small Ants:
3. Big Ants:
4. Big Red Ant: Grabbing.
5. Kreil: Initiative.
6. Rorrick:
7. Sovelian:
8. Kardenn:

Everyone may post. mrgreen  

joe-dude667

lk333

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:31 am
Rorrick called "hang on friend vince" moveing next to one of large black ants he drew his schimitar and swung at the beast distracting it so that vincent could move farther away from the ant taht grabbed him. Then he shouted to vincent incourageing words "dont give up friend you shal not fall this day victory shall be ours.

Movement Phase move south of teh big red ant (5squares should get me there if im looking at the map right).
Minor Draw +1 magic schimitar
Standard action Attack big ant SW of vince
14vsAC before attack vince can shift 1 square as a free action. 9 damage if it hit.
Action Point: Minor action use inspireing word on vince allowing him to spend a healing surge and regain a additional 9hp  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:51 am
Kreil, his sword at the ready, states to the southwest big black ant, "By my god, you will be slain this day," and he moves quickly to attack his target. When he reaches the red ant, his movements become a blur and he stops once he is on the southwest side of the black ant.

((Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on the southwest black ant))
((Move Action: moving... 2 squares to the left to be to the southeast of the red ant))
((Standard Action: Angelic Alacrity, shifting to the southwest spot adjacent to the big black ant, his Oath of Enmity target))
((Attack: Wisdom vs. AC))
((Attack Roll: 25))
((Damage: 6))  

WingedDemonVM

Dark Jono

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:17 am
"Bothersome creatures." Sovelian moves slightly to get the red ant in his view, waving his hand and sending spectral images at the creature that grabbed his ally.

((Move Action: I think one square to the left and one square up, putting me next to Kreil))
((Attack: Illusory Ambush, Int V. Will))
((Attack Roll: cool )
((Damage: 9 and if it hits the Big Red Ant gets -2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn))  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:03 pm
Kardenn sees his companions act and thinks he better do something too! Taking a swig from his wine, the Dwarf then lets out a howl and charges at the ant closest to him. He brings his warhammer down to meet with its carapace.

Quote:
Minor Action: Drink Wine.
Standard Action Charge two squares northwest, to hit the small ant nearest to him. Basic Attack - 16 vs. AC, probably minion, but if not, damage is 12.

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

iDragow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:47 pm
"Damn bug! Let go!" Vince shouted, squirming in an effort to free himself. With one final burst of strength, he managed to pry the jaws apart.

As he fell to the ground, he looked over the battlefield. He REALLY wanted to smack that red bug around, but decided his best bet would be to get rid of some more of the little. He spun around again, this time remaining on the ground, and going clockwise. Extending his right leg out, he did a spin kick to attack the smaller ant to his left, and carried the blow beyond it.

After slamming his foot into the first one, he felt contact again with his foot, and knew that he had hit the second ant as well. Grinning to himself, he lifted his hands up into a boxer stance, ready for another round of attacks.

Quote:
Move Action: Athletics check against Red Ant's Fort. to break grapple: 21
Standard Action: Dual Strike.
Attack 1: 1d20(17)+7=24, and I get to attack another target.
Attack 2: 1d20(19)+7=26
Damage:
1: 6
2: 5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:05 pm
Kreil dodged in-between ants and rocks and caught one of the big ones off guard for a decent hit.

Rorrick ran forward, but couldn't quite get the hit in. Though his words made the Fighter feel much better, restoring him to full HP!

The Mage was having equally bad luck with his attacks, the Ant merely shrugging off the attack.

The Dwarf on the other hand managed to get in a decent hit, even after a healthy measure of wine! Though as he took the creature down, the others went mad, swiftly surrounding the Dwarf.

Vince, filled with energy from the Half-Elf's friendly words shrugged off his wounds, jumped out of the Giant Ant's jaws and assaulted two of his neighbours. Getting another good hit into Kreil's victim before taking down another of the smaller ants. Again, as one of their brethren fell the ants seemed to go insane, crawling quickly to new positions as if they were playing musical chairs.

This time the ants meant business. Two took good bites out of the Dwarf, finding an opening in his plate armour and drawing blood. Meanwhile the other two dealt with the Human, that was now grabbed yet again. Once more the claws dug deep into his chest letting some more blood trickle down his side.

[[Sorry, all the crazy shifting makes this confusing. sweatdrop
@Kreil: That attack does 2[w] damage so you can roll another d8.
@Kardenn: Not that it matters so much on a minion, but I'm pretty certain warhammer isn't D20 for damage. =P
@Vince: Sorry, after Kardenn took the minion down they all shifted two squares so you were only next to one of the little ones. I gave the higher of damages to the one Kreil Oath'd, tell me if you want to change this to go on the Big Red Ant [Th only other enemy adjacent to you at the time].
]]

User Image

Initiative:
1. Vince: 16 damage, bloodied and grabbed.
2. Small Ants:
3. Big Ants: 1[1N of Vince]:Oath'd, 12 damage. 2:
4. Big Red Ant: Grabbing.
5. Kreil: Initiative.
6. Rorrick:
7. Sovelian:
8. Kardenn: 17 damage and bloodied.

Everyone may post. mrgreen  

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:10 pm
After smashing an ant to pieces and letting out a triumphant laugh, Kardenn was shocked when he was set upon by ants, he cried out, "I need aid I do!"

Quote:
Free Action: Speak ^^

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:18 pm
Kreil isn't going to let that any get away so easily. He chased after it, moving to be southwest of it again ((if I'm looking at the right ant there)). He slashed at it, using Bond of Pursuit.

((Minor: nothing))
((Move: moving to the southwest of his Oath of Enmity ant))
((Standard Action: Bond of Pursuit))
((Wis vs. AC))
((I definitely missed. Damn.))  

WingedDemonVM

Dark Jono

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:39 pm
"You've angered me now, insect!" Sovelian pulls his goggles over his eyes before firing two bolts of silver at the red ant.

((Minor action: Put the dang goggles on [It's a character thing]))
((Attack: Int V. Ref))
((Roll: Natural 20))
((Attack: 19 [8+5+6]))  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out