Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Q & A Thread: Questions Answered Here Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iDragow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:16 am
I'm not sure on the ruling for an item, so I figured I should ask the rest of the guild what they think.

The Belt of the Brawler (4e), as described by the Character Creator:
Quote:
Property: Make improvised attacks (including unarmed attacks) as if you were armed with a club.

Does that increase the damage die to 1d6 as well, or does it just mean that your attacks count as club weapons for effects, such as the Brutal Scoundrel Rogue's for Sneak Attack damage?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:18 pm
iDragow
I'm not sure on the ruling for an item, so I figured I should ask the rest of the guild what they think.

The Belt of the Brawler (4e), as described by the Character Creator:
Quote:
Property: Make improvised attacks (including unarmed attacks) as if you were armed with a club.

Does that increase the damage die to 1d6 as well, or does it just mean that your attacks count as club weapons for effects, such as the Brutal Scoundrel Rogue's for Sneak Attack damage?

Your DM would have final say on this, but the way I interpret it is that: yes. you would make all improvised attacks with club stats, including the d6 for damage.  

SkyCore

Liocious

Interesting Gaian

4,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:02 pm
general question

Can someone play as a drow in the campaigns?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:49 pm
That tends to be up to the DM of your game, as well as the setting of the campaign. If the DM doesn't feel that a Drow would really fit into the setting of whatever they're running (be it premade or homebrew) then the answer would probably be no. But, if he/she has no problem with it, then you could.
If unsure, your best bet is to just ask.  

bamaotaku
Crew

TheWardenDresden

4,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:39 am
Question; Is there a forum about the Dungeons&Dragons;Online game, as well as a place for it's members to meet and discuss?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:50 am
ThoroZaine
Question; Is there a forum about the Dungeons&Dragons;Online game, as well as a place for it's members to meet and discuss?

I don't think there's a specific forum just for the online game, but there was a thread about the game when it was released for free not too long ago. Although the thread seems to have died off.  

iDragow

Fiend The Bunny

Fluffy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:59 pm
I've never played DnD, and when I joined this guild God knows how long ago I had every intention of learning.

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to guide me in the right direction of starting to play.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:39 am
The Fiend of the West
I've never played DnD, and when I joined this guild God knows how long ago I had every intention of learning.

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to guide me in the right direction of starting to play.

I just so happen to be starting a game here. It's a little different than your average save-the-princess-smash the orcs game, but I will be willing to recruit help you. Just send an AIM to luk2191, and we'll see what's up.  

Foremek

Psyon Black

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:30 pm
ok i have a really really noob question for you. to play d&d on the forum do you need access to the books for the required game you want to play? or can you find everything online?

also to make a charater sheet it asks what game is it for. does it matter which you pick or are they all different?

thanks in advance and sorry for the newbie questions. never done this before  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:07 am
Psyon Black
ok i have a really really noob question for you. to play d&d on the forum do you need access to the books for the required game you want to play? or can you find everything online?
depends. for 3.5, the SRD is available online and gives you at least enough of the rules to make and play a character. most other systems you will need the books, as that's where they keep all their rules.

Quote:
also to make a charater sheet it asks what game is it for. does it matter which you pick or are they all different?
if you're asking what I think you're asking, it matters, as different systems have different relevant information that you would then need to fill out on your sheet.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

2_phatian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:54 am
I was just wanted to ask if there was a Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition/ pathfinder game recruiting?  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:42 am
In 3.5, is there rules for severing someone's limbs off outside of a vorpal weapon?

I am trying to build an executioner character class, (Prestige or base is till up in the air) a master of the sunder ability. I just wanted to know and if so where. Or did I have to make up new rules for it  

glitterboypilot

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:30 am
Kind of a two part question...

First:
Does anyone know what happen to the Crew Function page?
I tried tracking it down and failed if you don't know what I am refuring to it is the Topic created by the guild Crew so that we can we request functions that we can't do on our own. Such as locking Topics and Deleting them.

Part two:
Seeing as I can't find that I had made an announcement to the guild that I will be passing the Vampire game to Bamien. As stated in my 'Announcement' I don't want to subforum deleted I was just wondering if you can lock and eventually delete any topics not made by Bamien the Lotus King?

Thank you!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:01 pm
I might just be blind but I cannot seem to figure out how to determine the defenses of a Shaman's spirit? Is it the same as summons/beast companions and it is based off of the Shaman's defenses?  

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas