Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Guild of Many Roleplays, Discussions, and Oddities

Back to Guilds

A place to hang out, roleplay in lots of genres, and chat about anything. 

Tags: roleplay, chat, literate, creative, general 

Reply Main Discussions and Oddities...
General [intelligent] discussion. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think there is life on other planets?
Yes.
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
No.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Not sure.
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Waiting for evidence...
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

The Azure Quincy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:19 pm
I have no earthly idea what antimatter is... sorry... I'm not a science person... but that's good to know that uranium wouldn't cause even more CO2...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:02 pm
If you know what matter is, particles, than you'll get what I mean now. They are the opposites of matter that when meet their counter particle, collide in an enormous explosion.  

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:45 pm
...Hello...? Um... *Takes forum bane. Turns button.* This is the reverse button right...? THat means it will make the forum live for eternity right...?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:43 pm
*I was thinking back to the poll question*
The big question for me is what these extraterrestials would be like?
So far, I've like the way how Star Trek theorizes it. Each race represents a different aspect of humanity.
Ex: Vulcans=logic
Klingons=war
(Sorry about the Trekkie moment)  

AceTrainerBrooke

Dedicated Citizen

9,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Pie Pusher 50

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:36 pm
WEll it depends. You see, scientists have made predictions of what aliens on certain planets would be like. On a planet with little mass and weak gravity, scientists believe beings would have long, slender legs and arms along with a small head and this body. On planets that are large and massive with a great amount of gravity that are gas giants such as Jupiter, scientists think that life forms would appear to be manta rays that fly in the clouds of gases such as methane and hydrogen. There are more but I'm tired. I'll post the rest soon but I think there's only one main life form remaining. If you really want to talk about life forms on other planets that have a base similar to that of humans, you should join my Role Play*Smiles revealing pearly yellows*!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:20 pm
sorry about letting it die for a second... I think Science installed the defibrillator for this thread, so it can come back to life at any time xD
And Science, that makes sense! haha... *cannot believe I got that*

The Azure Quincy
Crew

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:50 pm
Yeah, I should post here soon. About what Krad Rhuk said, yes I recently read something about that. We're a class 0 civilization because we don't have a sufficient energy source to sustain us without losing any energy. Class one would have control over the entire planet completely. Class two would be 10,000 times stronger, and be able to control their entire solar system. And class three would be 10,000 times stronger than class two and would be able to control their entire galaxy. Maybe we should make a game or a quiz out of some "intelligent" (or in my case, SCIENCE) information. Unfortunately, no body ever goes to the games and contests sub forum sad .  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:55 pm
Yeah... I'm slacking over there as well >.<
It kinda died every since I created that subforum... T-T
Maybe I'll change it to something else and move the games and contests to the main forum like they used to be...
So wait... with the civilizations, the larger the number, the more control the society has?  

The Azure Quincy
Crew

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:13 pm
Yep pretty much. It has more control over a larger area. We're actually showing signs of a class 1 civilization because of the internet, a way of communication throughout the entire controlled area. Although, we have yet to have proven that we are dominant over every other species on the planet and therefore cannot be considered class 1.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:21 pm
I'm not sure what you're all talking about with classes and such, so I'm going to respond to that trekkie post from earlier. I think that that kind of view is complet bigotry. Why would they be only one aspect of the Human mind? E.T.'s might not even have the same thought processes we do, and even if they do, why can't they be as varied as us? It's like thinking that Gearoge Lucases use of only one climate type for every planet is how the real universe works. It's just plain silly thinking, as well as lazy.  

Wind Spirit22

The Azure Quincy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:05 pm
Oh, by the way, we're all gonna reform a new world because the Apocalypse is coming in 2012. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:35 pm
GYAHHHH!!!! Why? Why has this hit everywhere! I knew about this a few years ago and I researched it. Tell me which theory you're talking about and I'll explain it. I know a few.  

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Wind Spirit22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:40 pm
December 21st, in the year 2012 is the final date on the Mayan calender. It is often thought that the calander went no further because the world would be over.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:56 pm
Yes, that's one of the theories. The reason the calendar of theirs ends then because it's the end of all cycles(which I hardly understand other then that their are 9 cycles). If anyone wants clarification on one of the other theories, just ask.  

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Wind Spirit22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:31 pm
Out of sheer layness and apathy, I have'nt bothered to learn any of the other theories. I only know about the 2012 thing because it was in a book I read. What other theories are there? Aside from the Christian/Catholic Armagedon and the Norse Ragnarok, that is.  
Main Discussions and Oddities...

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff