Welcome to Gaia! ::

::;Eminent SasuNaru/ NaruSasu love::;

Back to Guilds

Read the title (Kind of like, a Slash Paradise) 

Tags: SasuNaru, NaruSasu, Naruto, Debates, Discussions 

Reply SasukexNaruto, NarutoxSasuke Discussion
Debate: Meaning of Love Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Kuurin
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:13 pm
Wow, that's really hard. Well, I've always liked to believe that you fall in love with the PERSON, not the gender. But nowadays, people seem to go for physical things instead of emotional connections.

An example of genderless love I have had is when I was six. Now, I know at six it's hard to tell if you're in love, but bear with me. When I was six, I fell in love with the girl who lived next door to me. We were really good friends. I wanted to be with her all the time, but stuff always got in the way. Then, we moved away to the other side of town, and I never saw her again. But I would sit in my room sometimes and listen to love songs and think about her. I cried a few times when I did this.

Anyway, I really would like to believe that love is genderless, but it's very hard. I mean, we'd be too afraid to say we liked someone of the same gender anyway. And then there's my friend, who is homosexual. But he just thinks women aren't appealing.

In truth, I can't see how it is genderless, when we automatically find a certain gender more appealing than the other. Even if we are homosexual, we then tend not to even give the opposite gender a second chance. It's kind of stupid, but that's humans for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:40 am
Lady Kuurin
Wow, that's really hard. Well, I've always liked to believe that you fall in love with the PERSON, not the gender. But nowadays, people seem to go for physical things instead of emotional connections.

An example of genderless love I have had is when I was six. Now, I know at six it's hard to tell if you're in love, but bear with me. When I was six, I fell in love with the girl who lived next door to me. We were really good friends. I wanted to be with her all the time, but stuff always got in the way. Then, we moved away to the other side of town, and I never saw her again. But I would sit in my room sometimes and listen to love songs and think about her. I cried a few times when I did this.

Anyway, I really would like to believe that love is genderless, but it's very hard. I mean, we'd be too afraid to say we liked someone of the same gender anyway. And then there's my friend, who is homosexual. But he just thinks women aren't appealing.

In truth, I can't see how it is genderless, when we automatically find a certain gender more appealing than the other. Even if we are homosexual, we then tend not to even give the opposite gender a second chance. It's kind of stupid, but that's humans for you.
Yes, in fact most people believe this. But what makes a gay person turn straight? Feelings pays a huge role in love.  

Gamexrocks
Captain

Lady Kuurin
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:08 am
True, true.
There are many exceptions in love (omg, it's like the stupid English language). I suppose that there are at times feelings that begin a relationship. This is evident when you date a friend I suppose. Your relationship was based off growing feelings instead of physical attraction.

So basically, it differs from person to person.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:27 am
Lady Kuurin
True, true.
There are many exceptions in love (omg, it's like the stupid English language). I suppose that there are at times feelings that begin a relationship. This is evident when you date a friend I suppose. Your relationship was based off growing feelings instead of physical attraction.

So basically, it differs from person to person.
Indeed. It is that persons choice on whom they love.  

Gamexrocks
Captain

Lady Kuurin
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:53 pm
I guess it would also depend on the environment in which you were brought up. Like, my family believes very much that love is about your emotions and not physical things. Like, my dad is married to a woman 11 years younger than him, who is half his size. It's kinda funny actually.

But some people I suppose would be brought up in a different environment, where looks are important. Or that might come around in school. The people you hang with and what you do can very much influence who I love.

I myself try to look around it all. I've fallen in love with guys who are not appealing to anyone else (meaning my friends). It really depends on your upbringing, who you hang out with, which traits are emphasized.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:52 pm
Lady Kuurin
I guess it would also depend on the environment in which you were brought up. Like, my family believes very much that love is about your emotions and not physical things. Like, my dad is married to a woman 11 years younger than him, who is half his size. It's kinda funny actually.

But some people I suppose would be brought up in a different environment, where looks are important. Or that might come around in school. The people you hang with and what you do can very much influence who I love.

I myself try to look around it all. I've fallen in love with guys who are not appealing to anyone else (meaning my friends). It really depends on your upbringing, who you hang out with, which traits are emphasized.
Sometimes it's the environment but some people can change what they believe from their feelings. It really depends.  

Gamexrocks
Captain

AraiHito
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:44 am
Gamexrocks
Lady Kuurin

Sometimes it's the environment but some people can change what they believe from their feelings. It really depends.
So in other words they can change who they love whenever they want?...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:44 pm
Um, I don't think you can just change your values and beliefs just like that. It takes time and effort to override what you've been taught and what you've thought all of you life.  

Lady Kuurin
Crew

Gamexrocks
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:59 pm
Lady Kuurin
Um, I don't think you can just change your values and beliefs just like that. It takes time and effort to override what you've been taught and what you've thought all of you life.
Not like in a flick of an eye. But people do change. Even if it takes years, they can change.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Zubora
Gamexrocks
Lady Kuurin

So in other words they can change who they love whenever they want?...
No, it depends on how they feel towards the person they like.  

Gamexrocks
Captain

Lady Kuurin
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:53 pm
I've never been pushed by my parents to choose a certain type of love (actually my dad said it was okay if I came home one day and suddenly announced I was homosexual), so I find it very easy to change my view on the subject. Though, like you said, not with the flick of an eye. But other people have been brought up a certain way, so I suppose that's just how things are.

I personally believe it is very hard to change your love, as long as it is real love. The word love gets thrown around so much these days, it has almost ceased to actually mean anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:53 pm
Lady Kuurin
I've never been pushed by my parents to choose a certain type of love (actually my dad said it was okay if I came home one day and suddenly announced I was homosexual), so I find it very easy to change my view on the subject. Though, like you said, not with the flick of an eye. But other people have been brought up a certain way, so I suppose that's just how things are.

I personally believe it is very hard to change your love, as long as it is real love. The word love gets thrown around so much these days, it has almost ceased to actually mean anything.
It has hardly anyone really cares about feelings anymore. It's quite sad once you think about it. It really depend so we can't really generalize how it's like. And both you and me have different opinions so I guess all is well xD  

Gamexrocks
Captain

Maiiz_
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:56 am
Lady Kuurin

I couldn't agree with you more on that last statement. Love is thrown around way too much. For someone to say that they can change their love for a person is insane. I do believe you can fall in love with someone and then you can fall out of love with that person. - Although real love cannot be changed like the clothes on your back. You cannot choose today I will love tall dark and handsome tomorrow Short and blonde. It doesn't work that way.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:05 pm
@Gamexrocks :: Yeah, the word is so overused. I kinda wish we had different words for different kinds of love, just like the Greek.

@Maiiz_ :: I agree. Real love is something that can't be changed just like that. Something like that would be something else entirely.

Lady Kuurin
Crew

Gamexrocks
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:16 pm
Haha, yayy Greek! I think I forgot about the some of the history for it...O.o Oh dear...  
SasukexNaruto, NarutoxSasuke Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff