Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval
Dungeons & Dragons - The Orb of Kendar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 42 43 44 45 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:01 am
Ambra Goldstar
Mage in Training

User Image

Ambra would read the passages out of the diary out loud for the rest of the party to hear and then answer Thork's question to best of her abilities. "Maglubiyet is a minor god worshiped by goblins and their ilk. He is a servant of Bane, which is never good news. Whatever is going on here we will have to put an end to it."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:16 am
"Then let's pick up the pace. Was anything found back in that room?" Aelgeirr gestures to the room that seemed to be a high mucketymuck's quarters.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:11 am
(With permission from Mercy's player...)

"Just some equipment belonging to the goblins," Mercy would respond. "Although most of them seem to be better suited for human-sized people."

Her hands on the wardrobe's doors, she turned to the others.
"I don't know why they were locked away in this room. Should we take them or leave them?" she poised to the others.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:13 pm
"There must be something special about them. They left alot of valuable things with those corpses. Why take these? Let me check...although I think Ambra would discern these things better.

OOC
Arcana +5
Results =.19  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:54 pm
Without proper training in the arcane (i.e., training in the skill), Aelgeirr would be unable to identify any magical properties of these items, if they had any at all. They seem perfectly mundane to him.

The roll could be used to determine any arcane significance, but again, there seemed to be nothing overtly 'special' about these items, besides the fact that they seem well-crafted.

If there was anything magical about these items, five minutes worth of experimenting with them (one item per player per time span), which would count as a short rest, would tell you, without any rolls needed.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:28 pm
Ambra Goldstar
Mage in Training

User Image

"Here, let me take a look at them." Ambra takes the items from Aelgeirr and uses her arcane training to examine them. Identifying items was one of hers first classes in Mage College. Still, the more intricate the item the harder it was to identify its magical properties and she was still quite the green horn.

(18 Arcana Check to detect if any of the items are magical, will roll additional checks to attempt to identify any of them if they are.)  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:53 pm
Unfortunately, perhaps with her mind still focused on the energy of the artifact that was stolen, she cannot tell if any of these items are magic. The DC to tell is 20+, so it doesn't mean they are or are not, just that she cannot tell.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:31 pm
Reluctantly, Aelgeirr would try on the cloak and hope that it wasn't cursed or anything. That didn't happen much lately, but he heard it may from older editions. "You may as well try the flail, Thork. If it's something special, it's not for me. By Spear and Sword, they say."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:26 pm
"Thork think maybe goblin use items to look not goblin-y" He would shurg, "If Mercy could take flail and other items, Mercy please move, Thork wonder if things hides."

Waiting on her to move, he would see if he could shove the wardrobe aside.

Str check to move or break the wardrobe. 16  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:57 pm
"Right." she declared after regaining her senses. "These must be the things worth taking from those lost adventurers. Which means they're likely magical in nature, or at least a better quality."

With Ambra examining the items, it was a simple matter of moving away from the dresser for Thork to do his thing while she considered things. "If you believe nothing here can be of value for you, I say we divide it as such then. With Thork losing his weapon, this flail is probably well suited to him. My goddess protects me from harm, so the cloth armor, until we know what it does, is probably best suited to Ambra. Which means I shall take the cloak for now. It does not seem to be... too sullied..." she concluded, looking at the holy symbol with a great deal of disdain.

EDIT: I forgot about Aelgeirr putting on the cloak. Just... ignore this post.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:15 am
Aelgeirr would not dispute Mercy's assessment of the flail or the armor, as he would have made those choices himself. He did, however, glare at Mercy when she requested the cloak. This would leave him with a symbol of a greenskin demon as his part from this treasure. No high elf wanted that. A thought did hit him though. Aelgeirr spoke in elven. "Mercy, if you really want the cloak, I shall give it to you. However, if this item is part of the items taken from adventurers then why would it be in the sigil of the goblin god? Perhaps it merely seems to be an item of their worship. To you, it may be an item of use. To me, it would be a meaningless trophy."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:23 pm
Thork, you will have no difficulty moving and/or smashing the wardrobe. It seems mundane in nature, and apoears to hide nothing. For posterity's sake, which do you do?

Everyone else: who has physically held or handled what items?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:13 pm
"This is clearly a goblin priest's living quarters. Just because these three items were taken from the adventurers does not mean he would keep them separate from the rest of his belongings. To me, it is an item of blasphemy worth only fuel on a pyre." she responded distastefully, unwilling to give such an item any more attention than it deserved. It wasn't a good time to destroy it, but that would certainly come later.

OOC: Evidently Mercy has handled and is holding none of them. Divine sacrifice.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:20 am
Aelgeirr would sigh and toss the cloak over to Mercy. "Fine. Have this. I'll use the holy symbol as a buttscratcher or something. Let's just move on."

OOC: Aelgeirr has handled the cloak and now apparently the holy symbol.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
[D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 42 43 44 45 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers