Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exequtie

Trash

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:15 pm
                  User Image
                  COME; WAKE ME UP˟ BEFORE I DIE :& I NEVER◞ GET* TO LIVE !██ tab ██
                                        ━❛i want a house⋮▀ tab ━❛on the hill⋮▀ tab ━❛by the ocean⋮▀
                            let the tide wash away 。all my CRITICAL MISTAKES ❛)
                                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ LET ME REWIND ▀▀ *WE FILL OUR MINDS WITH SMOKE

User Image
                    • Vance nodded in response, Stryker would take on side of the library and he would take the opposite side. Efficiency was going to be key in scouring through all these records, but even then Vance knew this wasn't going to be a quick job. It would likely take at least two more visits before he could safely determine the validity of the rumors, and that would also depend on how much evidence was in these books. It could be likely that all of the records were going to lead to a dead end, Vance having more questions than answers. He silently hoped that that wouldn't be the case. Either way, he was looking forward to reading about Soleil's history, more knowledge on his new hometown would give him an advantage.

He softly ran his finger along the books on the shelves, 'Hm... No... Not it... These aren't in order... Oh, there.' His gloved finger stopped on the spine of an older looking journal, the first of many journals that he would be examining. From there on, he made quick work of searching for books and pulling them down from their shelves; he silently cursed the disorder of the books and reminding himself to fix them when he was able. By the time he was finished he had roughly six books cradled in his arms, a decent starting point. All that was left was to return to the table and sort through the books by year of publication to get a more accurate account, and so that Vance could see the distinct change in presentation of information as well as writing styles throughout the years. He always found that so entertaining.

Trudging back to the indicated table, the blue-haired male stared blankly at his companion who seemed to be struggling with a headache. Or something. Stryker had braced herself against the table, her eyes squeezed shut, a troubling expression drawn on her face. Vance moved around her, placing the books down on the table and sitting down in one of the chairs, noticing that there were pens and paper on the table for them as well as a few other books. 'She must have gathered them, good work.'

Tapping his fingers on the table, Vance tried to think of how to handle the current situation. While he wanted nothing more than to sort the books, he felt that it would be more appropriate and acceptable to inquire about Stryker's status. With a low sigh, he returned his attention to the girl leaning against the table, "Are you alright, Stryker? You seem a bit pale, I understand that libraries can be a bit stuffy, this one isn't an exception. If you need fresh air, I wouldn't think poorly of you." Leave it to Vance to assume that the dust and particles in the library were causing Stryker to be lightheaded.

It truly had been far too long since his last, positive interaction with another living creature. Twelve years ago and he would have caught on to Stryker's discomfort instantly, doing his best to break through any walls she may have in order to determine what was wrong. Now, he needed just a little bit more time to evaluate the best course of action as well as how to be sociable.

•  ▾ soleil library tab tab  stryker
                            【 indifferent tab tab 【 'perhaps she has a sensitive nose'
                            【 single tab tab 【 $850

{ooc; LOL he's so awkward, pls

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:09 pm
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ The sound of Vance's voice made her head pound as she groaned and waved off his concern, not even looking at him. Her ears laid flat against her head as she took a deep, steadying breath, the episode was starting to pass as she sighed. The head ache would remain, but it would continue as a dull thudding in the back of her head instead of feeling like she was going to split apart. Pulling out a chair and sitting down, she finally opened up her eyes, the usually dull yellow held a slight glow, she could feel the fox inside of her coil and shake at the pushing memories of her past, but it remained rather docile. Thank goodness for that, she really didn't need to have an absolute meltdown in a library. Though it seemed like Vance wasn't phased by anything, there was a part of her that wondered what his story was. She had never actually met anyone who truly had so little reaction or expression to things.
Shaking off the thoughts, the movement making her a little light headed for a moment, she pushed one of the books she had grabbed towards Vance. "Which would you like to start with? Or really, where would you like to start in general?" She asked him, her voice soft and low. Not just from being in a library, but because she felt like her throat was closing on itself. She was interested to see where he wanted to start and wanted to know what sort of direction he'd have her take. She didn't want to get in the way of his research. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ A bit meh ] [☀: Location][ The Library ][☁: I'm With][ Vance. ][☄: Thoughts][ ... ][O.O.C.][ So so awkward. rofl Sorry it's short... ]

Exequtie

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:49 pm
x
x
x
x
sυиםαч, иσvємвєя ④тн

םαч ⑦ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ③⑨②
( ① чєαя, ②⑦ םαчs )

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Blizzard Rose

...Is it too much to ask for a little peace and quiet??....

╔══════════════╗
N i c h o l a i ๑۩۞۩๑ D i m i t r i
╚══════════════╝

After all with what happened the previous day, and then some. He still felt bad for not being able to apologize properly to the young lass, but he had a feeling that she may be better off, and found someone new, and more towards her liking, than some old man like himself. Entering the library, he looked around to see what might be available. He decided to head down to their fantasy romance isle, hoping to find something worth of a good read, plus, if this place sells book, he's definitely in need of some new material.

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:37 pm
x
x
x
x
{ ② ωєєк тιмє sкιρ }

мσиםαч, иσvємвєя ⑲тн

םαч ① σғ ⑭ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

םαч ④0⑦
( ① чєαя, ① мσитн, ⑪ םαчs )

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:09 pm

quote someone

...Is it too much to ask for a little peace and quiet??....

╔══════════════╗
N i c h o l a i ๑۩۞۩๑ D i m i t r i
╚══════════════╝

Returning after a long week of finals to correct and observe, he felt the need to find a quiet little place to finish his paper work, and maybe even a read. Once he finished most of the paper work, he decided it was about high time that he advertise his at home business, and went to the front desk to print out some flyers, to hopefully grab some student's who might be interested in expanding their learning experience as well as gain more credits for college. It's hard to keep up a way of living if no one knows what you are providing for the public. After the teller handed him his printed flyers, he asked if he could leave some here at the front desk, and the lady smiled, and told him that it was okay to do so. Nicholai took whatever was left with him, so that should he be walking the streets later, if weather permits it, he could tape some on a pole or leave some flyers in a restaurant or what have you. For now, he took his spot back, and pulled a book from his leather bag, and picked up where he last left off.

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:56 pm
x
x
x
x
тнυяsםαч, иσvємвєя ②②иם

םαч ④ σғ ⑭ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

םαч ④①0
( ① чєαя, ① мσитн, ⑭ םαчs )

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:09 pm
User Image

𝔸𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕥𝕙

Avery walked into the library, book bag in tow. He explored the three floors, taking in the elegant and relaxing view of the quiet library before he found a peaceful table on the third floor. He placed his backpack on the table, taking out the laptop he used for his schoolwork, along with his economics textbook, before he moved his backpack onto the ground, leaning it against the leg of the table. He then took a seat in the chair, crossing one leg over the other before he turned on his computer and opened his textbook. He worked on taking notes from his textbook first before he opened a google document, creating the starts to a paper, his topic on the usage of electronic currencies such as bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Zcash, Stellar Lumens, and so on. Although Avery wasn't overly interested in economics, he did enjoy learning about electronic cryptocurrencies with his part-time job as a cam-boy and all. Although he didn't make any electronic currency or cryptocurrency from his job at the CyberS*x company, he knew that a lot of people used programs such as Paypal, as they offered secure and encrypted forms of payment on websites like CyberS*x, and he could honestly see the s*x industry taking electronic currencies in the future. Hell, he could see a decent portion of the world accepting electronic currencies in the future, the security of encryption and all. So, he worked on his paper for some time, talking about the microeconomics of cryptocurrencies. It took him a good two hours before he had his eight-page paper done. Once finished, he traded his paper with a classmate, the two having made an agreement to edit each other's papers. So, after having finished his paper, he took some time to work on reading through a chapter from another textbook, this time accounting, while he waited for his classmate to send him their paper. Just as he was finishing up reading and taking notes on fiscal counting, his classmate had finished and sent their paper. So, he took a few minutes to complete the last pages of the chapter from his accounting textbook before he began to read through and edit the other's paper. He spent about half an hour reading through the other's paper, making suggested edits along the way.

After all of that work, he stretched out in the chair, deciding it was time to get up and take a quick break. He stood up from the chair, stretching his shoulders, back, and legs. He then, grabbing his computer but leaving his backpack, roamed the library again. He decided to look for one of his favorite books just for the hell of it, perusing the aisles for 'In One Person' by John Irving; a book about the coming of age of a bisexual man and his coming to terms with his sexual identity. He walked around each and every floor, finally finding the adult fiction section. He slowly traced his fingers over the spines of the books, looking for when the Authors' last names transitioned to 'I'. He then continued down the massive shelves, until he found books written by Irving. John Irving, alone, had written over 30 different books and libraries often had more than one copy of his popular books. So it took him a few moments, his eyes moving up and down the bookshelf until he found the book he was looking for. He took the book out of its place, holding it in his hands. There was something so calming about holding this book in his hands again. He skimmed through some of the pages before putting the book back in its proper place on the shelf and returning to the table where he was studying. He then sat down to work on whatever homework he had remaining.

【Location:】Soleil Library 【Accompanying:】No One【Outfit:】Cozy Study Day【Funds:】N/A【Job:】N/A 【OOC:】N/A

vampireglub

Demonic Vampire

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:35 pm
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ It had been a strange past few days for Stryker since she had last seen Vance. The strange blue haired man kept occupying her thoughts and it perplexed her. Their last time spending any time together seemed to end a little...Tense. Vance seemed so sure that she wouldn't want to be caught up with him in any way. Chewing her thumb nail in deep thought, Stryker realized she had wandered the streets and found her way to the library. A soft smile played on her lips, again, the memories of her time here with Vance filtered into her thoughts. Groaning, she pushed her bangs out of her eyes and her ears laid flat back against her head. "I can't seem to shake the thoughts of him..." Taking a deep breath, first to steady her mind and second, to take in the magnificent smell of so many books.
Walking further into the building, she found the table in which she had come and sat at with Vance. Gritting her teeth, she shoved the intrusive thoughts away as she put her bag down in the chair and left to start roaming the shelves. She loved books and reading, but it was hard to be particular. She didn't remember anything from her past, so she didn't even know if she had an original favorite. But at this point, she was partial to the writings of Edgar Allan Poe, the dark writings seemed to settle so well with her. Maybe it was from her ruined mentality from all the experimentation. Letting her nails softly click against the spines of the books as she roamed the shelves, she admired some of the older leather bound books, finding a few, rather large, history books. Her own past was probably lost forever, but the history of the world? Who made her? She was always searching, trying to dig up anything. She usually ended up reading book after book about conspiracies and cover ups across the years. They always lead to nothing, but a lot of the time they ended up being interesting reads regardless. Hefting the heavy history book off the shelf, she thumbed through the pages for a moment before getting lost in it. She stood there reading the book and chewing on her thumb nail in thought, seeming to have forgotten that she could return to her table and sit and read in a likely far more comfortable position. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Indifferent ] [☀: Location][ The Library ][☁: I'm With][ Herself ][☄: Thoughts][ ... ][O.O.C.][ ]

Exequtie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:45 pm
User Image

User Image

1211 Pasadena Housing District

♪✮❖☾✞[♕❣ ❣♕]✞☽❖✮♪

Setsuko pushed open the doors, inhaling the familiar scent of the library as she walked inside. Music could be faintly heard from the headphones she wore as she lightly grasped her straps of her bag. Her first stop was returning the small stack of books she'd checked out the last time she had been here, which admittedly hadn't been all that long ago. This place and the bookstore were some of her more favorite haunts around the city. With that taken care of she perused around the first floor, picking up a few books before skipping up the stairs two at a time till she reached the third floor. There had been a book she'd been looking for the last time she'd stopped by but had been quite bummed to find the last available copy had already been checked out. So she was determined to find it today since someone had to have returned at least one of them by now as she walked through the aisles, her hand reaching up to run along the books spines as she mumbled titles under her breath. Her eyes lit up as she spotted just what she was looking for, hopping up a little to grab the book off the shelf. On one of her late night binge sessions Setsuko had come across a suspense show on Netflix, only to find out later that it was based on a book series which as an avid bookworm she of course had to check out. Pressing the pause button on her headphones, she slipped them off and tucked them into her bag then went to find a spot to sit holding the book to her chest. Meanwhile the others she had picked up were floated closely behind her. Seeing as she didn't have anything planned for the day she had decided to just have a relaxing day reading here. Coming up to a nearby table, she noticed it was already occupied by a young man. Stepping up she cleared her throat to try and catch the man's attention. "Um excuse me? Do you mind if I sit here? I won't be a bother to your work, I just wanted to do some reading!" She asked softly with a smile.

♪✮❖☾✞[♕❣ ❣♕]✞☽❖✮♪

【Location:】Soleil Library 【Accompanying:】【Outfit:】Library Day【Funds:】$982【Job:】N/A

【 Inventory:】Backpack 【Status:】Single【Mood:】Calm【Profile:】Here

vampireglub

Quote:

Quote:

【OOC:】

KawaiiYukiHime

Colorful Cutie-Pie

vampireglub

Demonic Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:36 pm
User Image

𝔸𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕥𝕙

Avery was deep in his Digital and Social Analytics textbook, reading and taking notes when a young lady approached, clearing her throat to attract his attention. Placing his finger on his textbook so he would know where he left off, he looked up to her. She was a beautiful young woman with medium-lengthed dark hair hanging just past the bottom of her shoulder blades and blue eyes that reminded him of a clear sky. Although she was wearing a sweater and flowy skirt which seemed to hide her figure, he could tell she was curvy. Along with the clothes covering her body, she was clad in a beanie and black converse. She looked just about as cozy as he did, his own body clad in gray joggers that fit him just right, a light sage cotton long sleeve, and a soft brown knit sweater with white stripes at his mid-section and his hip. On his feet, he had on clean and crisp white Van's Seldan Lot Top sneakers.

"Go ahead," he responded, his hand gesturing for her to sit down at the table. "I'm just studying for the time being but if I am bothering you in any way, just let me know," he explained with an amiable smile before giving the other a silent nod and going back to his reading. Avery was a fast reader but an avid note-taker which slowed him down, but his methods of studying were what put him into and kept him at the top of his department. He undoubtedly worked hard, but he also had the luck of being a world-famous cam-boy which made making money an easy and quick job for a busy student. While some of his classmates worked full-time just above minimum wage, Avery was able to afford the monthly payments on his own two-bedroom ranch home and car, as well as other various bills, for a total of only about 5 hours a week: 3 hours dedicated to his Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday night streams, and the other two hours for private chats, pictures, or videos which viewers paid heftily for. Between his three public streams and his private cam work, he often made an average of $1500 every week with the ability to make even more depending on the demand for private content from his viewers. Avery would also often get bonuses for working private parties or events for the higher-ups in the CyberS*x company or for VIP customers.

【Location:】Soleil Library 【Accompanying:】N/A【Outfit:】Cozy Study Day【Funds:】N/A【Job:】N/A 【OOC:】N/A

KawaiiYukiHime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:58 pm
                  User Image
                                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ LET ME REWIND ▀▀ *WE FILL OUR MINDS WITH SMOKE

User Image
                    • It was his first day off since he had started at Taste of Italy, so naturally he was going to spend it in the Soleil Library. Seeing as how he had made a total a** of himself in front of Stryker the last time he had seen her, and since she was the only one he had met in Soleil that seemed to be on the same wavelength as himself he couldn't reach out to anyone else to spend his day with. He regretted how he had left things off with Stryker, but he wasn't sure how to apologize to her. Or if she even wanted him to contact her. So, instead of trying to text her the past few days, he simply chose to seclude himself away from social interactions save from those required for work.

He had been given the opportunity to make a friend, and he had foolishly wasted it by simply being the way he is. Vance didn't deserve to have friends, all he would end up doing is saying the wrong thing and ruining things. Luckily his coworkers had backed off a bit on their teasing, noticing the change in Vance. Still, he was glad to get a reprieve from work and to truly dive back into his research on Soleil's legends.

He had been at the library for the past few hours, having waited outside of the library until the worker unlocked the building and let him in. Having just finished another personal account of Soleil from several years ago, he realized that he had run out of material on his table and needed more in order to continue uncovering the truths behind the nanoa fruit.

With a deep sigh, Vance stood up from his table, walking past a couple at a different table who appeared to be discussing the terms of sharing the table. His blue eyes had been trained on the two that he had failed to notice a familiar white-haired woman absorbed in a rather large book. The two collided with a soft thud, Vance steadying himself with his metal prosthetic and reaching out for the figure in front of him with his left, holding tightly onto her upper arm to prevent her from falling over.

"Oh, Stryker, I'm... I'm sorry, I hadn't been paying any mind to where I was going," He quickly released his hold on her arm and hid his arms behind his back, refusing to make eye contact with her.

"Ah, um, I just want to say that I set my coworkers straight, so don't feel like you need to avoid the restaurant, they won't bother you with their... Less than ideal notions of... Us." He stumbled through his explanation, hoping to not offend Stryker by reminding her of his weak efforts to talk to his coworkers the last time they had been together.

【 indifferent tab tab 【 'idiot idiot idiot'
                            【 single tab tab 【 $850

{ooc; let me know if I need to change anything!

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Exequtie

Trash

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:18 pm
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ Being totally absorbed in the book, bits and pieces of history that were either new to her, or at least something that she may have forgotten since losing her memories, she hummed gently in thought as she went to flip the page. As soon as her fingers touched the page, she felt a solid thud into her body, stumbling a bit in surprise and feeling a hand grip around her upper arm to keep her steady. She didn't even look to see who it was as she snapped her hand out to catch the large book before it fell. A light sigh of relief escaped her before the familiar scent drifted to her nose. "Vance?" Her mind raced before she even lifted her yellow eyes to meet the blue of the man she couldn't seem to shake from her thoughts. His shaky apology made it's way to her before she could even really react to him. The sudden release from his hand on her arm left her a little unsteady as she hadn't quite straightened herself up yet. "O-oh, hey Vance. No worries, I guess I shouldn't have just been standing there reading..." Trying to look him in the eyes, she realized he was deliberately avoiding eye contact with her. A pang settled in Stryker's heart as she chewed her bottom lip, knowing they hadn't really left off with great impressions. But it wasn't anything she held against him.
Stryker's ears perked and she arched a brow in question when he seemed to apologize for his coworkers behavior. Did he really think she'd be upset by something like that? "Vance." Her voice was firm and unyielding, her gaze steady and unwavering, trying to hold his eyes with her when ever she could. "Look at me." She gestured vaguely to her being with her free hand. "If anything, I would think you'd be embarrassed to have people say those sorts of things about me. I'm not exactly...Normal..." She finally looked away, her insecurities getting the better of her now. "I wasn't at all bothered by what your coworkers were saying. Not at all." She turned her eyes back to him, a slight blush on her cheeks. Though it was innocent enough to say, the implications from saying something like that could be taken a lot of ways.
Shaking her head and pushing her bangs from her face, she blew out an exasperated breath of air dramatically. "Risking embarrassing myself further, would you care to share a table? Are you doing research on the Nanoa fruit again? I could...Help...If you'd like." Chewing her bottom lip, she gripped the large history book hard in her hand, hoping he'd accept. As much as they struggled to communicate a lot of the time, she truly enjoys his company more than most. Another embarrassing thought that invaded her mind and made her ears flatten back against her head as she tried to mentally push it away. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Surprised ] [☀: Location][ The Library ][☁: I'm With][ Herself - Vance ][☄: Thoughts][ .Like my thoughts just materialized in front of me.... ][O.O.C.][ ]

Exequtie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:09 pm
                  User Image

User Image
                    • "Vance. Look at me."

The sternness and sincerity of her voice forced him to finally make eye contact with her, determination filling her golden orbs. His usual half-lidded stare was replaced with one of embarrassing shock, 'She's so...' He couldn't finish his thought before she spilled her own feelings on the issue.

"If anything, I would think you'd be embarrassed to have people say those sorts of things about me. I'm not exactly...Normal..."

'N-no! I would never be embarrassed, how could she think that?' He opened his mouth and closed it, floundering at how to respond. Should he get angry and chastise her for thinking that way? Or should he be delicate and compassionate it how he responds? Rather than doing either one, Vance simply shut his mouth and continued to listen as Stryker finished her initial thoughts. Was doing nothing in this instance better than making the wrong choice? Had he done nothing in the past, he would have prevented the explosion in the lab. Vance wouldn't have the blood of his coworkers on his hands.

"I wasn't at all bothered by what your coworkers were saying. Not at all." This time Stryker averted her gaze, refusing to lock eyes with the blue ones that only continued to grow in surprise. Vance swallowed loudly, unsure of what to say. Blinking wildly, Stryker finally returned her eyes to his, the look behind them telling him that what she said was true. She wasn't joking or mocking him, she sincerely hadn't minded the whole incident. The blush on her face revealed the meaning behind her words, but Vance was still to absorbed in elation at the fact that she wasn't upset, his own face heating up, to realize the implications.

A small smile spread across his face, watching as Stryker did her best to cut through the emotionally-charged atmosphere, "Risking embarrassing myself further, would you care to share a table? Are you doing research on the Nanoa fruit again? I could...Help...If you'd like"

"Yes, please. I would really like that," His small smile remained on his face as he looked over at Stryker, glad to see that she was still eager to assist him with his silly research, "I actually just finished a few more personal journals. They mentioned some sort of 'trial'? It seems there's five steps... Or levels? The words are used interchangeably, so I assume there's simply five tasks the couple must complete. It's rather... Interesting." The words floated from his lips, whispering them to Stryker yet his voice rising in volume as he grew more excited to share with her the information he had found.

Of course it was likely that most residents of Soleil already knew about the Jungle of Shattered Hearts, but being a new resident and coming from halfway across country, Vance was ecstatic to have more concrete evidence towards the rumors shrouding the Nanoa fruit.

The blue haired man had hunched forward towards Stryker while speaking and he quickly straightened himself up, "Ah, sorry, I was just a bit... Excited? I've got a table a few shelves back, I was going to try and find a bigger map of Mykronos Island to try and find out where the Jungle of Shattered Hearts truly lies. What book have you got there?" Only then had he realized how tightly Stryker was holding onto her leather-bound novel, her ears pressed hard against her white hair. Had he been rambling too much and annoyed her?

【 elated tab tab 【 'perhaps my voice was too loud for her ears?'
                            【 single tab tab 【 $850

{ooc; COUPLE OF NERDY CUTIES RIGHT HERE

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Exequtie

Trash

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:50 pm
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ Stryker some how managed to miss the floundering expression that Vance wore when she had mentioned him being embarrassed of people making assumptions of him with her. Her own thoughts spiraling with the simple anxiety that was always her appearance. She was not a super feminine woman, nor was her skin exactly ideal. She was riddled in scars, head to toes, literally. There was very little surface of her skin that didn't have some sort of scar or blemish on it. How could anyone ever want to be seen with her? Then there was just the rest of her appearance. Her nails always long and sharp, her sharp canines, and her ears...
Mentally shaking herself, and letting a small amount of muscle vibration shake her body in an almost imperceptible movement, she pulled herself from the thoughts, she then caught onto Vance's expressions as they seemed to shift and change with everything she said, mostly what seemed to read as shock on him. Though she couldn't help it, she smiled, forcing herself not to reach out and touch his face. Seeing expression cross over his normally bored looking face was refreshing, and it looked good on him.
To say though that her heart nearly sang with his agreeing to have her join him in his research, Stryker barely contained her joy as she gave him a bright smile. Listening intently as he spoke of what he had found out so far, she nodded and brought her thumb nail to her lips to chew on it in thought. "I had heard things about that, but to know that it's been recorded to be such a thing is reassuring." His obvious excitement over his research findings made her laugh gently, enough to show him she is happy, but not enough to make it feel like she was mocking him. "Did the records only record that there are five but not specify what they are? I wonder if they change from couple to couple. How are the tasks set out? Is someone there...Or is it written in stone..?" Tapping a finger to her cheek now in thought, she blushed and realized she was starting to ramble before turning her attention back to Vance.
The sudden movement of him straightening himself up surprised Stryker as she hadn't even noticed him almost invading her personal space. Not like it was too much or would have been totally unwelcomed, but there was something about him that just made her less on guard and open. Nodding slowly to him mentioning a table a few shelves back, she wondered if the map would help really. "How about if the map doesn't give us great information, we travel to the island ourselves? Field research can yield unexpected results in my experience." A bitter pang settled in her heart at the thought. Memories of her first night out on the hunt after the experimentation had been exactly that. 'Field research'. To figure out what their bodies could do and how much they could handle.
With the mention of the book she was holding, Stryker blinked and gasped gently, having completely forgotten she was holding the old book. "O-oh...I um...I like to read old history books..." Biting her bottom lip in a nervous manner, she figured she'd open up a little bit to him. "I can't remember anything before my twenty-first birthday...So I use the old history books to refresh my mind. There's also something I'm looking for. Something that may have been...Kept very very secret. But people always have a hard time keeping secrets, so I'm hoping to come across some sort of record of it." Her ears twitched and she cast her eyes down, knowing she sounded absolutely silly for doing such a thing, but what else was she supposed to do when she had absolutely not recollection of anything before she became a monster. Holding up the book for him to take a look, she just gave him a sad smile, trying to suppress the turmoil that rolled in her. Now wasn't the time for that. She was here with him, and she needed to stay mentally present. She enjoyed their time together, so it always bothered her when she would get mentally consumed by the issues of her past. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Happy ] [☀: Location][ The Library ][☁: I'm With][ Vance ][☄: Thoughts][ ...][O.O.C.][ They are so adorable! ]

Exequtie

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces