Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
What type of goth are you? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what kind of goth?
  punk goth
  hippie goth
  skatergoth
  gothy goth
  i'm not goth
  GOLD LOVING GOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:34 pm
Digital Malevolence
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
XWraith_LordX
I'm a human goth.
Too bad you weren't subhuman. cry
What do you mean by that?!

Depending on what you mean, I could take that as an insult.
I meant zombie-ish not in the less then human sense.
Oh okay...sorry about that. Hehe....

smile
I could see the confusion. 3nodding

I actually never thought of that word that way until you said something. lol
That just makes everything funnier. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:46 pm
So, I've recently discovered Steampunk. I think it fits me perfectly! ((or almost perfectly, as much as anything can fit my quirky self))
It's anacronistic, full of corsets, poufy but practical skirts, boots, and mechanical things! I've found home! hahaha

Okay so really I'm just excited in general because it's christmas eve and that means presents in a couple of hours... But I'm also psyched at my new discovery of a sub culture that completely rocks.

I wonder how many people identify themselves as steampunk? does anyone know? Is it a thriving subculture, or an extreamly obscure/obsolete one?

Now to adress the actual topic of the forum;
Before my sudden infatuation with Steampunk, I described myself as a hybrid of many things, and not really any of them at all. My taste in clothing runs to the victorian or fantasy word type gothy-goth clothing, but I've never really been one for makeup, and I'm not sultry enough to pull of black lipstick and all black all the time. My musical taste runs along the lines of the Dresden Dolls, Emilie Autumn, and Aryia. I love goggles and giant boots, but I don't go clubbing and cyber goth clothing tends to be rather impractical, though awsome, and I'm the type of kid who runs around in the woods and climbs boulders and trees for fun.
Dunno... wow I just completely lost my trian of thought... I hate it when that happens.
I usually just identify myself as a social abnormailty and leave it at that. Life's more fun without stuffing myself into cubby holes.

And just for the record, I voted hippie Goth. Save our planet or you'll all die b****s! twisted I am so over tired right now.... It's probably not intelligent for me to try to make coherant posts right now when my brain is half dead.  

NewAgeAntique

almost prince charming

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:44 am
i have my own goth style AND ONLY MINE.....MINE.....GET AWAY!!! ITS MINE! ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:33 am
It is my belief to be a goth you have to be somewhat geeky, but some of us are just a tad bit more geeky. neutral  

vincejustvince

Sebastian J Mesonge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:57 am
Labels stink. I don't like it that goth and emo get mixed up all the time stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:06 pm
oh so Extravagant...

The type of goth that says "f*ck this" and does what she wants rather than putting a label on herself that would further separate her from others.

I mean, c'mon, does it really matter?

User Image
My Art Request Thread

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comrade

the_underworks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:04 pm
If I were to be categorized, I'd fall into the freak show...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:41 pm
Umm... Sometimes I'm a hippy goth and sometimes I'm gothy goth depends on my mood.
Hippy goth? Happy, and gothy goth is my depressed look. Right now I'd say I'm a hippeh goth!

User Image  

LadyBatLove

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:32 pm
This thread just killed me a little bit on the inside.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Maggoty Anne

PetreyDish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:20 pm
Maggoty Anne
WIN

SO MUCH OF IT  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:45 pm
DancesWithBats
Maggoty Anne
WIN

SO MUCH OF IT

I'm not even a goth, I'm such a non-conformist. I just wear black thrift store clothes and think morbid thoughts while listening to Radiohead B-sides, drinking soy chai and reading Kafka. ninja  

Maggoty Anne

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:26 pm
Honestly, I have been through so many different aspects of the gothic subculture... somewhere between elegant gothic lolita, aristocrat, 80's style gothic, -insert odd more visual kei obsession mixed in here-, -add mix of random metal here-, -add victorian aspects here-, -add techno/dark wave, cyber-goth aspects here-.... as you can see. Currently, I am fond of more simple and basic, in love with The Cure and The Horrors, especially. Irreguardless, I simply adore all of it. A mix, a twist, like a changing uniform under a large black lace umbrella. However, when I started out, it was just a ton of black sweaters, tripps, black skirts, and heavy make up.... that was a long time ago, and was a very different time, as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:29 pm
Maggoty Anne
DancesWithBats
Maggoty Anne
WIN

SO MUCH OF IT

I'm not even a goth, I'm such a non-conformist. I just wear black thrift store clothes and think morbid thoughts while listening to Radiohead B-sides, drinking soy chai and reading Kafka. ninja

Cliche my friend, cliche.... ^_^ not a bad thing, but just, well.... when you think about it.... arn't people who claim to not conform to anything conforming to this very concept, and thus defeating the purpose? If you mean general society, sure. But people need to conform to some things, the things that matter for the better of themselves and the people around them, but things like clothing... well, that wouldn't really just be a conformist, that would be a poser.

So I do get where you are coming from.  

Angel of the End

Maggoty Anne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:22 pm
Angel of the End
Maggoty Anne
DancesWithBats
Maggoty Anne
WIN

SO MUCH OF IT

Cliche my friend, cliche.... ^_^ not a bad thing, but just, well.... when you think about it.... arn't people who claim to not conform to anything conforming to this very concept, and thus defeating the purpose? If you mean general society, sure. But people need to conform to some things, the things that matter for the better of themselves and the people around them, but things like clothing... well, that wouldn't really just be a conformist, that would be a poser.

So I do get where you are coming from.

Do you not understand sarcasm?  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas