Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_LittleRabbity

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 5:26 pm
After the time at the beach, Miyu realized she needed a day to relax. There were things she didn't quite understand and reading always helped ease her thoughts some. She was lucky to meet some kind people though during her stay at the island so far. So there she was in a corner, with a pile of books around her.

What was she researching? Ways to converse. Psychology of the mind is so interesting....this explains a lot about me maybe. I can't help but overthink sometimes though...oh! So this is a common topic between others as well? hmm How to make friends? Due to her shy nature, It was common for the girl to rather surround herself with books and nature than people. However, to be unkind was also not something really a part of who she was. It was especially hard to say no to someone.

At least the library seemed to be quite empty at this time. She preferred the quiet and serene moments. Books were a comfort.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:11 am
x
x
x
x
ωєםиєsםαч, σcтσвєя ③①sт

םαч ③ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ③⑧⑧
( ① чєαя, ②③ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

xoReina

Hygienic Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:03 pm
User Image

tab tab tab tab tab ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ღ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

”Ugghnnh- -“ Her muscles ached from the battle yesterday with the vine-zombie-cannibal chick. Vitessa didn’t call her back yesterday, however, by the time Zara finished stitching up her own wounds last night, her phone had died. She let it charge then passed out from all the pain on her living room floor.

Zara pulled herself up from the living room floor and forced herself into the shower to wake up. She was careful not to apply too much soap around her wounds, a stinging sensation was already building up. ”Damnit. That girl.” She lightly punched the tiles of her shower wall. Memories of that girl slumped on the ground after being bitten poured in. If only she had ran faster, maybe just maybe she would’ve gotten there in time. ”What the hell…was all that.” Zara grumbled, reflecting on the details of the monster and the vine-zombie-cannibal chick.

"Why did that thing attack you though? If you do plan on going against that thing, can I watch? I won’t get in the way.” Zara sifted her fingers through her pink tresses, recalling the younger girl who stumbled upon her in the alleyway. She had a good point, why didn’t the monster attack her? Why was it just the vine-zombie-cannibal chick?

”I wasn’t the target.” Zara had worked enough body guard jobs to know when a predator had set its eyes on its prey and when working in packs that meant the vine-zombie-cannibal chick had to be either protecting the monster, being used as a distraction or…Zara closed her eyes, reviewing yesterdays events more thoroughly, managing to put herself into a meditation underneath the shower water.

"Well lady, If you didn't notice, I'm not actually human, so...I'm good. What ever that thing was, I could handle it.”

Not. Actually. Human. Although her mother had been granted blessings by divine deities, there wasn’t much knowledge Zara had about the darker edges of the world. Her father, being a normal human, most likely wouldn’t be much help and she didn’t want to get her employees mixed up in this business. Not yet at least.

” I need more info on this monster… I wonder if that girl would really help…or if she just wanted to watch for fun…” Zara scratched her head at the thought.

After freshening up, throwing clothes on and having a quick breakfast. She watched the news as she ate breakfast, realizing the newscaster was talking about the monster she saw and it seemed as though there were more missing people. She flipped through her phone, no missed calls or messages from Vitessa. A busy boss lady.

Zara then decided to give a call to Beverly, Vitessa’s personal assistant, ”Hey Beverly. Please let Lady V know to listen to my voicemail and….I’ll talk to her about it once I get more information.…Mmhm. You ladies stay safe.” *click* This time Zara decided to be more prepared, stuffing her backpack with more items suitable for survival and possible battle. The internet was a great place for info but it was too easy to get stuck down a rabbit hole filled with internet trolls. Zara decided on sifting through a few books then go to the places the news-caster mentioned. Perhaps even the museum, Essence of Soleil. The monster seemed to have a pattern of stomping grounds or…feeding grounds. She dashed out of her apartment and headed straight to Soleil Library….

….*flip* *flip* *flip*, Zara perused through old texts on demonology and ancient mythology. So far nothing. As fate would have it, a familiar voice caught her attention several shelves away. She gently placed the books down and followed it, nearly tripping over her own feet when she saw the source of the voice. ”H-hey!” SHHHHhhhHhhhh ~ other voices echoed around the library.

”Ugh..Sorry…” She grumbled.

Now whispering to the girl, ”Yesterday you were asking me if I’m a detective or some super nosy hero kind who gets killed for the great good right? Heh. I guess…you’re not too far off on your assumptions. I'm not a detective, I just run a company of hired body guards, I assign them cases and- - okay look I'm not getting into the details but yes, I am super nosy, yes I do want to help people. Do I want to die? Not yet.” Zara scratched the back of her head and grinned sheepishly.

” I want to help that girl and it sounds like there’s more missing people too. If you help me find that thing… I’ll pay you or if there's anything I can help you with or if you want - - you can watch. If that suits your fancy... People have odd kinks. Ugh. I just need help. “

◤OUTFIT: tba◥ tab ◤PROFILE:
                                                                                    ◤COMPANY Akane

ll Neo ll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:28 am
User Image
                                            ❛ Akane Arashi ❜
                                            ▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
                                            Who am I? Your Queen | I'm feeling Frustrated | I'm speaking to Zara | Where am I? The library | What am I wearing? rebellious teen

Life was starting to seem quite eventful from the moment she stepped into this new city, almost so that she was considering staying. She managed to escape the hopsital yesterday quite safely even and her family still hadn't called her so it was likely that they weren't informed yet. Not to mention the potential chance of being killed by some creature the woman from yesterday spoke about. The thrill was soemthing she could surely live with, something she was most likely looking forward to especially since she had nothing better but to be stuck in this odd place her family shipped her off to. But this odd place was right about to get her a new start in life.

"You must be kidding me..." the woman erred loudly enough for the people around her to shush her. Sighing as she slumped against the bookshelf she stood before, slamming her head against it a few times in disappointment. The long messy braid she had her dark ravenous locks in dangling to her side as she grumbled. Stood up, not even by a date, but by someone who offered to give her a job - The kind up her alley even, but why would they just decide not to let her go without giving her a chance? Her age? Her family name? "I'll rip his head out if I do find him..." she grumbled quietly, straightening up, flinging the braid back as she considered other possibilities. When was the last time people shied away from a chance to work with a child, with an Arashi. Maybe they didn't like her punk child outfit? Either way, she was mad and she wouldn't let the man go for double crossing her like this.

"H-hey!"called out a rather familiar voice, drawing her attention to the woman standing at the entry of the shelves. Her eyebrow perked as she realized who it was, quite a small world this was aye? "Its the nosy lady from yesterday." she called out, getting a similar echoed 'shhhh!' as the other though simply grimaced and looked over at the other as she finally had her attention.

"Yesterday you were asking me if I’m a detective or some super nosy hero kind who gets killed for the great good right? Heh. I guess…you’re not too far off on your assumptions. I'm not a detective, I just run a company of hired body guards, I assign them cases and- - okay look I'm not getting into the details but yes, I am super nosy, yes I do want to help people. Do I want to die? Not yet." The other spoke, resulting in Akane nodding, slowly even as she seemed to be processing it all bit by bit. Blinking as she was dine the other narrowed her gaze at her and asked, "Your point?". Sure Akane knew what she was hearing and maybe even knew the direction it was heading to, but she couldn't be too sure and seem desperate, even if she might have possibly been with the last person just leaving her without a message.

"I want to help that girl and it sounds like there’s more missing people too. If you help me find that thing… I’ll pay you or if there's anything I can help you with or if you want - - you can watch. If that suits your fancy... People have odd kinks. Ugh. I just need help."

The woman's words drew her lips to a smirk, "What made you think I'd help you?" she'd ask, mainly to see the desperation if there was any but considering her position in the city, it was less likely that she could miss out on an opportunity like this simply to satisfy her guilty pleasures. Besides, she used the "h" word without hesitating, she was desperate enough to ask the person who didn't even bother to help her up when she was down. "You know what, nevermind that, I would just watch if I wasn't in this situation. So, tell you what, I'll take you up on your offer. I'll find you what you need - for the money, and protect you if you need - for a little something extra. It could just be money if you don't hire." she'd say, stepping closer and reaching out to offer her hand to the other if she was game for the deal. "Don't you dare back off after agreeing to it though, we might not have a physical contract here, but have no doubt that when I'm doublecrossed, I will not let you sleep in peace." she'd smile, an eerie red glow in her hues as she watched her.

Once the woman agreed to her terms, Akane seemed to instantly switch to solving the problem at hand,"What is it that you know so far? Any idea on who the girl could be, is she one of those missing people?" she'd ask before placing her hand on the other's shoulder and gently pushing her out from among the shelves. "And what are we doing here though, the blonde weatherboy said the thing was spotted around a place called...Essense de Soleil? Shouldn't we be there?"

Out.Of.Chips.

xoReina

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

xoReina

Hygienic Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:11 am
User Image

"Its the nosy lady from yesterday.” Zara sighed, she really hoped that wasn’t a nickname that would stick whenever they ran into each other. Both were shushed but Zara cut straight into the meat of the story. The girl’s long braided hair swayed upon the slightest movement of her head, she smirked then responded bluntly, ”What made you think I’d help you?” To be honest, nothing significant really. Still, it was worth a shot. Zara constantly took a leap of faith with people, even at her own detriment.

”You weren’t exactly willing to drag me to the hospital yesterday…but you did offer me water and your phone. Small gestures mean something too,” Zara whispered to the younger woman.

”"You know what, nevermind that, I would just watch if I wasn't in this situation. So, tell you what, I'll take you up on your offer. I'll find you what you need - for the money, and protect you if you need - for a little something extra. It could just be money if you don't hire." ” Protect? Well, this girl did say she wasn’t human yesterday and her confidence was radiating with bloodlust. There was a strong energy emitting from her, something Zara couldn’t put her finger on. The girl’s eyes glowed an eerie red, causing Zara to smile nervously. It even made Zara shiver, like making a deal with the devil. The girl stepped closer, reaching out a hand to shake. She couldn’t back down now, knowing full well she needed all the help she could get with this case.

”Before we make a deal, we should probably introduce ourselves. I’m Zara.”

She waited for the girl to introduce herself then nodded, ”It’s a deal, I’ll pay you to help me find this monster and protect me if need be.” Zara reached out and grabbed the girl’s hand to shake, ”But if we do find this monster…Then at that time you feel you cannot defeat it or protect me from it, then you run.” Zara refused to have this girl’s blood on her hands.

”"Don't you dare back off after agreeing to it though, we might not have a physical contract here, but have no doubt that when I'm doublecrossed, I will not let you sleep in peace.”” Again, her eyes glowed murderous red. Even the girl’s smile was * eeeeeeeeep, Zara nodded to show her understanding.

”I value my sleep so…trust me, I won’t be double-crossing you.”

”"What is it that you know so far? Any idea on who the girl could be, is she one of those missing people?””

”I was jogging when I heard someone screaming. At first random words like fire then she screamed for help” Her fists clenched, holding in her own frustration and anger at how helpless of a situation it had been yesterday. ”By the time I got to that alleyway, there were all these vines wrapped around her. She had short dark hair, glasses, a leather jacket, white shirt and jeans- -it seemed like even the vines thorns had ripped through that jacket and blood was pouring.”

Zara reached into her backpack, pulling out a notebook. She had taken time this morning to draw out everything she could remember into this notebook. She didn’t imbue it with her magic so it was just a set of normal drawings that were quite precise. Zara flipped through the notebook and showed Akane.

”This woman,” Zara pointed at the other short haired lady, the one without glasses, ”She bit the victim then went after me with those vines and…this creature here…. seemed to come from the oily tar that developed on the street. It was more than seven or eight feet tall and focused on the victim, either it didn’t notice me or didn’t care. Tar and black blobs dripped from it and the smell was atrocious. There were neon green wisps that formed around the area, even around the one who attacked me before she disappeared. This beast swallowed the victim whole then seemingly melted into the street in a way one simply walks through an open door.” Zara flipped through the notebook showing Akane each picture and detail she had remembered.

The girl suddenly had her hand on Zara’s shoulder, guiding her out of the shelving unit. ”"And what are we doing here though, the blonde weatherboy said the thing was spotted around a place called...Essense de Soleil? Shouldn't we be there?"” Good point.

”I came here trying to find any mythology or lore that could be related to this beast thinking it could be attached to this area in the same way creatures are around the world. A territory. I found nada….Hmmm…You’re right. Essence de Soleil, the city’s museum was mentioned in the news…Alright, let’s go.”

Once the two exited the library, Zara drew another image in the notebook, this time, using her magic. A silverly light formed around the pen and picture. Feeling like she was in the holiday spirit of Halloween, it was a drawing of a flying broomstick. Zara then put away the pen and reached into the notebook, the silverly light enveloping her hand and notebook as she pulled out inch by inch, a seemingly regular looking broomstick. However, when she released it from her grip, it seemed to levitate in front of her.

Zara put away the notebook in her book bag then adjusted herself over the broomstick, ”This’ll get us there faster than a car and if that monster is anywhere in sight we’ll get a birds eye view…Or you can just meet me there if you’re scared of heights.”

( EXIT )

◤OUTFIT: tba◥ warm & comfy ◤PROFILE:
                                                                                    ◤COMPANY Akane

ll Neo ll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:53 am
User Image
                                            ❛ Akane Arashi ❜
                                            Who am I? Your Queen | I'm feeling Much excite | I'm speaking to Zara | Where am I? The library | What am I wearing? rebellious teen

Akane might have grimaced a little at the woman's statement about her not dragging her to the hospital, maybe her kindness bore a hole though her for a change? Nah, she simply didn't enjoy being called out on her lack of emotions sometimes and maybe this also had to do at the thought of the hospital itself. Imagine if her non existent kindness had her go back there? She'd be in a straight jacket before this little pinkhead would even get a chance to thank her. "Yeah, I wouldn't be able to even if I wanted to." she mumbled, almost inaudibly, before drawing her lips into a smile and reverting her attention back to her.

The woman's evident fear was like the sweetest smell to her, making her tingle with excitement at the thought of pushing her a little more. Then again, she could do so better with the creature before them.

"Zara" an interesting name for a woman like her. Considering her occupation, she didn't necessarily think she'd even be playing the detective in this situation, though here they were, making a deal to save lives. Never did she think it would come to this, though she was open to seeing where this lead her, confident that she wouldn't end up dead or let the other suffer that fate either. "Akane, nice to meet you." she'd state, letting the other take her hand.

”But if we do find this monster…Then at that time you feel you cannot defeat it or protect me from it, then you run.”

Akane couldn't help but scoff at her statement, taking her free hand and patting it over the other, "Listen mother Teresa, if things go bad, I'm dragging your a** out of that because if you're dead, I don't know who's paying me. So don't try to play a hero and let me handle the dirty work if it comes to that." she'd say with a nod, "Don't underestimate your new guard, I might be small but I didn't come along all this way with someone sheltering me from trouble." she admitted. It was something about her life she didn't mind sharing, though she was missing the fact that she was the trouble most of the time.

The younger couldn't help but chuckle at her reaction, almost like she wanted to scream out 'Got you!' but honestly, she did mean what she said. If she let the first person in this new city slide with double crossing her, then what good would her reputation hold? ”I value my sleep so…trust me, I won’t be double-crossing you.” "Now that's like a good girl." she winked.

The woman described what happened the previous day, explaining to her what she saw and even showed her quite a skilled drawing of the scenes she could remember. She leaned closer to have a good look at the images but then ruined the moment by simply stating. "Never have seen her before." she'd admit, though it was true, she was new to the city and the first thing she knows, this is happening. "But she doesn't seem like someone who could hurt someone. I don't know I look like someone who cant hurt someone, yet here we are." she'd shrug. Though, having a visual was good enough for the woman, she could at least point her out if she came there.

”She bit the victim then went after me with those vines and…this creature here…. seemed to come from the oily tar that developed on the street. It was more than seven or eight feet tall and focused on the victim, either it didn’t notice me or didn’t care. Tar and black blobs dripped from it and the smell was atrocious. There were neon green wisps that formed around the area, even around the one who attacked me before she disappeared. This beast swallowed the victim whole then seemingly melted into the street in a way one simply walks through an open door.”

"Sounds like something disgusting. Though, I think it has preset victims that it wants, or maybe you weren't special enough for it. For now, since you've seen its victims being women, we could assume it attacks women. Though, there wasn't any clear indication in the news report either." the woman mumbled back in thought as she rubbed her chin. Could it be a demon? A bottom dweller sorts that couldn't revert back to a humanoid form? What ever it was, it seemed like trouble, which wasn't going to have Akane back out. But she might have to figure a way to avoid contact with it. "What about the ladies, do you remember anything about them? Anything that could be out of the ordinary for them? she'd ask, "If we know what it does to its victims, we can figure out how to beat it." she'd state.

”I came here trying to find any mythology or lore that could be related to this beast thinking it could be attached to this area in the same way creatures are around the world. A territory. I found nada….Hmmm…You’re right. Essence de Soleil, the city’s museum was mentioned in the news…Alright, let’s go.” "You could just search for instances like this over the internet." she'd state, "Have you never seen a horror movie? Oh wait, libraries do have information like this...good job.." she'd pat her back briefly, "Good that you didn't go there on your own. I'd have lost a valuable client today." she'd add.

The woman took a brief moment to get her things back from the baggage counter, stepping into the open with the other and looked around for a taxi before she glanced back at the other noticing her draw something. Before she could make a snarky remark, she'd smirk brightly as she watched the other draw a broomstick out. "Well look at you! aren't you a little bruja!" she'd tease nudging her with her elbow, using one of the few Spanish words she was aware of, which wasn't necessarily a swear.

”This’ll get us there faster than a car and if that monster is anywhere in sight we’ll get a birds eye view…Or you can just meet me there if you’re scared of heights.”

Adjusting her own bag, she took her hair and wrapped it around itself into a bun so it wasn't all over the place when they flew. "Are you kidding me, this has been a dream since Harry Potter! Let's go!" she'd state in an excited tone, drawing quite some attention to the two little women outside the library. Once she did adjust the broom, she'd wrap her arms tightly around her waist.

Out.Of.Chips.

xoReina

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:39 pm
x
x
x
x
тнυяsםαч, иσvємвєя ①sт

םαч ④ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

םαч ③⑧⑨
( ① чєαя, ②④ םαчs )

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:46 pm
User Image
User Image

The day was pretty calm for the most part back at home. A typical time spending breakfast and such with Mama Gerrit was always a blessing, but Emi sorta felt bad. Mama probably didn't even mind it much, but the pink mute felt a bit guilty that they hadn't spent much time together. Yeaaaah, they lived together, but that was different versus quality time with one another, right? The two basically were living somewhat separate lives. With Isa working and well... Emi doing... Emi things, they hadn't really found time together. Well today was gonna be different! For the past couple of weeks, Emi was slowly learning to venture out on her own. That's how she ended up meeting Riley! She hadn't told Isa about it, but one day she planned on them meeting! It was only right for him to know about her new friend! After breakfast was finished up, the girl quickly got dressed for today. She wanted to go to the library to see if she could find any books or music sheets that would help her practice a bit on her guitar. In the middle of getting ready, she over heard the news playing on her phone about something weird going on in Uptown Soliel. " A beast...? Is that true...? " She thought to herself nervously while tying her cotton candy pink hair into a ponytail. Maybe it was just some pranksters dragging out Halloween? She didn't know for sure, but at least Mama was going to be with her. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad?

Shortly after getting dressed, the duo set out to the library. However, instantly setting foot into Uptown Soliel, Emi felt a bit paranoid and uneasy. On their travels to the library, she hadn't really seen a single person out and about. That made her nervous about the whole "beast" thing, but businesses were still open. If there was really anything going on, wouldn't they be closed? Emi ignored her uncertainty when they pushed through the library doors. Today was going to be fun! It had to be...

Mood: Slightly Spooked
                                Who?: Mama!
                                Outfit: Cute Fall
                                OOC:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:13 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

User Image

These are my credentials: Profile | I am a Lich | My: Voice |Attractive people come here: 1225 Pasadena | I've decided to occupy myself with this: Bartender at Neon Lights

Ohmygodhehadmissedhisbabygirlsomuch. Sure they lived together, and he had technically suggested her moving in with him as a step towards independence, but he was willing to admit the truth: he needed her as much or more than she needed him. Being a doting mama bear to such an adorable and sweet cub brought a feeling of life into the animated husk that was him. Could it be that she growing independent, exploring the city on her own, and maybe even finding her own friend group? Well, the friend group was a good idea, he was perfectly fine with holding playdates for her and her little friends. As long as one of them wasn’t a potential significant other. That person would be grilled thoroughly and watched eternally. Murder might be necessary. Anyways, after Emi finished up with breakfast, he set about cleaning up the dishes, then waited around while Emi got dressed. A trip to the library would be nice. It would be quiet for her, and maybe he would find something interesting as well. Not that finding anything made a huge difference to him, just so long as she got what she wanted. Fortunately he had not heard anything about the beast roaming Uptown, otherwise he would have insisted on Emi staying here where she would be safe.

Walking along the streets though, he could tell something was up. Though the shops were all open there was no one around. Like, not even any birds. It was creepy as hell. Subconsciously, he began pulling Emi just a little closer to him, wrapping her in a protective blanket of mama bear, ready to shield her from anything that might arise. They made it to the library fine, but even after the massive doors had closed behind them, his nerves refused to settle down. He had removed his arm from around her shoulders, but he was holding on to her hand. ”I haven’t been here before, do you know where the music section is? If not I can ask someone?” Even if things were…off, he was going to make sure that she felt at ease and maybe this uneasy feeling would pass soon. Hopefully.

☆═━┈┈━═☆

Current crew: Emi Bear I've adopted this personality: Mama Bear Am I available?: No Wearing: _ Some words from my handler: __

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:39 pm
User Image
User Image

Finally inside, the nerve-wrecking feeling never really went away, but she did her best to make it seem as though she wasn't a scaredy cat! She was an adult and she had to be more brave! Perhaps the whole beast thing was just a lie or a really late Halloween prank... she hoped, at least. Feeling Mama Bear's hand grasping onto hers, Emi gave it a tender squeeze before answering with a simple shrug. She had no clue where the music section was. Pulling out her phone with her free hand, she quickly typed out a message. [ Nope! It'll make it more fun to look around and try to find it. Sorta like how we used to play hide-n-seek when I was a kid, right? whee ] Besides, maybe if they found something else that was interesting, it'll take her mind off of scary things. As she tucked her phone back into her purse and gently pulled Isa along. The library here was HUGE!! The libraries back in her small hometown were never this big. Three whole floors of just endless books. Maybe they had an extensive collection of manga here! Who knew how many secrets this place had.

Her mind was easily distracted for the moment. Rounding about the different aisles, she seemed almost giddy like a kid until she happen to run into an old Halloween decoration. It was just a simple plastic skeleton, but posed as if it were enjoying a good book. Even in such a non-threatening position, it still spooked the little pink mouse. Emi abruptly jumped, but once she realized what it was, she gave out an embarrassed huff before slapping the back of the prop's head. Stupid thing... Ugh... welp, back on course! After browsing about the music section was finally found. Briefly releasing Isa's hand, Emi's crimson eyes scanned through all of the books but pulled out one about pianos. [ You think playing piano would be fun? ] She was on the fence about learning. It seemed like a lot of repetitive finger motions. It was interesting, but would her body allow it? There were some days that her hands and wrist felt so crappy that even playing guitar was troublesome at times.

Mood: Slightly Spooked
                                Who?: Mama!
                                Outfit: Cute Fall
                                OOC:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:55 am
Cho-Cho Twain

User Image

These are my credentials: Profile | I am a Lich | My: Voice |Attractive people come here: 1225 Pasadena | I've decided to occupy myself with this: Bartender at Neon Lights

It was fine that Emi didn’t know where the section was nor did she seem interested in asking for directions, running around the library was more fun anyway and who knows what all they might run into on the way? There were a few subjects they passed that he would not be adverse to learning (that’s what passed for “interested” these days) but he could come back to that later. He had all the time in the world, after all. It was so cute watching her tug him along as she wove through the library, almost like a kid at a carnival. Despite her…predicament, she was so full of life and curiosity and wonder, he could almost feel alive again when he was with her. He would never let anything ruin her outlook, no matter what it took, and if that meant being the little cherubs overprotective mother for centuries on end, then so be it! Speaking of overprotective…though he had not seen any threats himself, he felt Emi jump back, and he was instantly in pummel-it-into-smithereens mode. He could nudge her behind him the moment the trouble had been located, and he would rip the threat to shreds…oh, it was just the decoration. Better, Emi to her won revenge on it. He gave her a slight hug before continuing on with her, still hand in hand. One of the few patrons gave them a curious look, as they walked together, but Isa paid them no mind; he knew they looked like an odd pair, but was it really so strange for a grown man to be the more punk-looking mother of such a sweet (technically adult, but Isa would never admit that) child? No, it was perfectly natural and other people needed to get over their preconceptions.

Once they were in the music section, he let go of her hand as she pulled away, though of course his eyes were trained on her. He was mostly looking at other stringed instruments, see if there was anything of interest there, but when Emi brought over the piano book, his train of thought changed. ”That would be a wonderful idea. I never learned to play either, so we can learn together.” Some days she might not feel up to it, but she didn’t have to practice every single day to learn, plus it could be a nice break for her fingers, not having to capture down the tiny strings or keep a grip on the thin little pick. Pianos were timeless as well, and used in practically every genre of music, so it would open up so many different paths for her. ”I’m going to grab this book as well,” he said as he grabbed up a book of tabs for many of Black Sabbath’s most popular songs, ”we can go home and start practicing, or if there was anything else you wanted to find here, I’m sure there is an anime section somewhere.” He wasn’t entirely sure what types of anime she liked to read, but he wasn’t going to deny her an opportunity to find stuff she liked. Just so long as it wasn’t too mature or else his dead little heart might break.

☆═━┈┈━═☆

Current crew: Emi Bear I've adopted this personality: Mama Bear Am I available?: Not really Wearing: _ Some words from my handler: Sorry this took so dang long.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:39 pm
x
x
x
x
sαтυяםαч, иσvємвєя ③яם

םαч ⑥ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

םαч ③⑨①
( ① чєαя, ②⑥ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:05 pm
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆╮ It was a relief to see that Vance had seemed almost excited to go out with her. He didn't seem too off put by her appearance or her company in general. Which was an incredible thing to her since most people shied from her scars, or teeth, or hands...Sighing gently to herself she tried to shake off the feeling as she had opened the passenger side door to his car and climbed in, turning a small smile and nodding in acknowledgment to her being his navigator. Gripping her knees tightly as he drove though, Stryker had to admit she wasn't overly fond of riding in vehicles, she honestly preferred to walk everywhere. At the first turn, she cleared her throat and pointed with a pointed nail, "Turn left here." Her eyes searched the road as he turned and she realized she was sitting forward in her set weirdly and tried to relax back a little bit. She was thankful he was watching the road and not her.
"So I figured I'd actually have us go to the Library. Seemed like a better option. I'll take the ride as a thank you." She chuckled quietly to herself because really, the walk was usually pretty nice, but she didn't want to make him feel like she was rejecting his thanks. "Just a few more turns....Uhm...Take this right here." She gestured again, not really sure why she felt the need to gesture as well, because again, it's not like he could see her since he was watching the road. "And just this last turn...The library is just ahead." Smiling pleasantly to herself, she was excited to spend some time in the library. Maybe they'd actually take the time to look up the whole soulmate thing. Or she could just go off and look for some old books too. She sat forward now in an excited manner, much like an excited dog would. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Excited ] [☀: Location][ The Library ][☁: I'm With][ Vance. ][☄: Thoughts][ ... ][O.O.C.][ ]

Exequtie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:19 pm
                  User Image
                  COME; WAKE ME UP˟ BEFORE I DIE :& I NEVER◞ GET* TO LIVE !██ tab ██
                                        ━❛i want a house⋮▀ tab ━❛on the hill⋮▀ tab ━❛by the ocean⋮▀
                            let the tide wash away 。all my CRITICAL MISTAKES ❛)
                                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ LET ME REWIND ▀▀ *WE FILL OUR MINDS WITH SMOKE

User Image
                    • The drive there had been a fairly short one, Vance focused primarily on the road before him while Stryker hummed directions out.

"And just this last turn...The library is just ahead."

The blinker clicked as Vance made the final turn, a large and ancient looking building sat before them. It had been too long since he had used a library, 'Nearly ten years, how saddening.' The last time he could recall had been during his college days, where he had practically lived in the library before he had gotten an internship. While the memories should have been fond, Vance felt a cold pit form in his stomach and quickly ushered out the memories. With a slow twist of the wheel he pulled into a parking lot, putting his car in park and killing the engine.

He turned his glance to look at Stryker, who had her feet up on the seat and her knees were on either side of her, almost dog-like. He wasn't about to question her stature, instead just giving her an expressionless look, "I'm a bit surprised you chose the library, but... It's much preferred." With that, Vance swung open the driver's side door and exited his vehicle, watching Stryker follow suit before locking it. He stuffed his gloved hands into his pockets as the two strode towards the main doors of the large library, where upon reaching it he gently pulled one open for Stryker to walk through and then himself.

Instantly he was in awe of the interior, overwhelmed by the vast amount of books and other media that resided in the library. 'Incredible. Where to start...' His thoughts trailed off and he idly took a step further into the depths of the library, wanting to be encased in the scent of books. Luckily he managed to find a directory where he would hopefully find out what section would hold all the answers to his questions about Soleil and Mykronos.

"It looks like there's several books on the history of this town and the island off its coast, but they seem to be dispersed all over this library. How frustrating," he spoke to Stryker, and despite stating being frustrated his face showed no change in emotion, "well, if it's alright with you, I'm going to begin my research. Feel free to join me if you're curious." Taking mental note of book locations, Vance pulled away from the directory and slowly scanned the main floor, finding an empty table towards the back. A gloved finger pointed at the empty table, "I'll be setting up over there." With as little information as he had about the nanoa fruit, it was likely that he would use the full length of the table to spread out his books. It would also be helpful if he had someone to assist him and he hoped that Stryker would take him up on his offer.

•  ▾ soleil library tab tab  stryker
                            【 awestruck tab tab 【 'i should have brought a notepad...'
                            【 single tab tab 【 $850

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Exequtie

Trash

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:46 pm
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆╮ A light chuckle had passed through Stryker's lips when he said he was surprised that she chose the library, but that it was preferred. "Well thank goodness I chose the library then!" It was nice to see that he shared her interest in books as well. She was starting to think stopping and asking to help him was a pretty darn good decision. Though he seemed vacant in a lot of ways, his expression not changing really for the most part, she had to figure he had his own reasons. They all had their own really. Seeing the opened door for her, Stryker gave him a gentle smile before entering, a silent way of thanks.
Upon entering the building, Stryker immediately drew in a deep breath. The smell of books, it was a smell that could never be replicated or replaced. Turning her eyes to Vance, a light smile played on her lips, though it didn't much show, she could almost feel it from him, he liked this place almost as much as she did. Looking at the directory with him, she chewed on a nail absently, trying to think of where to start in her search for something to read. She liked the fiction sections more than anything. The sci-fi series and of course, romance. Looking up from the directory to the direction she'd need to go into, she stopped and looked at Vance, blinking at what he said.
"Of course! They could start their studies now for the whole soulmate thing!" Nodding at him in understanding, she looked back down at the directory and scanned the locations of the books again, "Alright, I will start looking for books over there on that side." She pointed a clawed finger to her right before eyeing the table he had indicated.
With that, she turned and started over to the section she had indicated, quickly scanning through the books, sharp nails running over the spines of the books. Closing her eyes for a moment, she took in the quiet of the library for a moment and sighed, apparently she had been holding her breath. Shaking off whatever it was that she was feeling, she didn't even have a name for it, she pulled off a few books that she had seen that were in this section and headed to the front desk of the library.
"Excuse me," She spoke quietly to the person at the desk, "Would you happen to have paper and pends you can lend to us?" She gestured to Vance vaguely as the person happily handed over a stack of paper and pends. Giving a large but closed lip smile, she thanked them quietly and headed over to the table to set down her current supplies, hoping Vance would appreciate the paper. It was always easier to research things when information could be written down then cross referenced to other findings. A memory flashed vividly through her mind of the people who made her what she is today. Gasping quietly and grabbing her head, she grabbed the table to steady herself with her free hand. Groaning, she fought back the feeling of nausea that bubbled up in her throat. "Not now...Please..." She begged the memory to bury itself once again so she could enjoy her time in the library. Taking deep, steadying breaths, she continued to lean against the table, eyes closed. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Happy ] [☀: Location][ The Library ][☁: I'm With][ Vance. ][☄: Thoughts][ ... ][O.O.C.][ ]

Exequtie

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games