Music Discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meruda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:17 pm
Aquila15
I cannot believe the two of you like that Evanescence album.
About 2 years ago, I was a big fan of Evanescence, I had Fallen and the "Bring Me To Life" single. Now although that's not really my kind of music anymore, I still feel that Fallen was a brilliant album. But I tried out The Open Door and I thought it was just terrible, they've changed. I still like "Lithium" but that's about it.

Anyway, Within Tempation's new album sounds a lot like Evanescence. Their most recent single to my knowledge is called "What Have You Done" and it sounds exactly like "Bring Me To Life". BUT, when asked about this, Sharon Del Adel(WT's vocalist) said that she found it insulting that they'd been compared to Evanescence.

If you want some really nice gothic music, listen to Lacuna Coil, they're very very good.

@Meruda: Incidentally, I have Anywhere But Home too and the Whisper on it is the same one as on Fallen. I liked their cover of "Thoughtless" by KoRn and the two extra tracks that came with that album, "Breathe No More" and "Missing".

The Open Door and Fallen are two very different albums. I admit Fallen was an amazing album, and that The Open Door does have its downfalls. However, I still think TOD was quite good, and tracks such as Lithium and Snow White Queen are (in my ’ opinion at least) worthy of some recognition. Some people hate the change Amy took with it, while others loved it, and some can't decide. I'm one of those people. I like both the albums and the different sounds they have.

Hmmm. Looking back it seems my song tags for Anywhere but Home are nearly all incorrect. Damn! Missing was the song I was thinking of, not Whisper. Sorry for that little mix up sweatdrop I'll need to fix that (and check out those bands) when I get my laptop back.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:57 am
I think Open Door is alot better than Fallen. To me their music sounds as of it's developed..when I listen to the old songs they sound..well..old..they've definately developed their music more.

I don't like Within Temptation...they sound like Evanescence but without the same power that Amy Lee has behind her vocals...they just sound a bit..flat to me..

I like Lacuna Coil but I still don't think they're as good as Evanescence either. While I like the mix of male and female vocals, they too don't convict as much power with their music..I dunno..it just doesn't sound as compelling to me. I can only listen to their songs once really and I get bored. I can listen to Evanescence over and over and over 3nodding

Have any of you heard of Kidneytheives?  

Shadow__Dweller

[King_Chaos]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:03 pm
Never heard of the Kidneytheives, but if you're into Japanese music I highly recomend The Pillows. sweatdrop mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:25 am
I'm not into Japanese stuff sweatdrop  

Shadow__Dweller

[King_Chaos]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:10 pm
Well, I tried! xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:43 am
Shadow__Dweller
I think Open Door is alot better than Fallen. To me their music sounds as of it's developed..when I listen to the old songs they sound..well..old..they've definately developed their music more.

I don't like Within Temptation...they sound like Evanescence but without the same power that Amy Lee has behind her vocals...they just sound a bit..flat to me..

I like Lacuna Coil but I still don't think they're as good as Evanescence either. While I like the mix of male and female vocals, they too don't convict as much power with their music..I dunno..it just doesn't sound as compelling to me. I can only listen to their songs once really and I get bored. I can listen to Evanescence over and over and over 3nodding

I disagree. While TOD was a development, it was a bad one. I much prefer the musical style in Fallen.
And Sharon Del Adel's voice is very weak, I agree-she doesn't sound as powerful as Amy Lee does.
And in my opinion, Lacuna Coil are far better than Evanescence, far far better. Their music is more dynamic, and has more metal elements. Their music also leans more towards gothic imagery than emo,depressed,self harming imagery (Amy cutting her hand in the video for "Everybody's Fool") of Evanescence. To see my point, listen to two albums by Lacuna Coil, Karmacode and Unleashed Memories.

@Meruda: It's ok, it happens alot xd

I'm really getting into Muse right now, in particular the album Black Holes And Revelations, it's very good.  

AquilaLiberum

Shadow__Dweller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:58 am
Aquila15
Shadow__Dweller

I disagree. While TOD was a development, it was a bad one. I much prefer the musical style in Fallen.
And Sharon Del Adel's voice is very weak, I agree-she doesn't sound as powerful as Amy Lee does.
And in my opinion, Lacuna Coil are far better than Evanescence, far far better. Their music is more dynamic, and has more metal elements. Their music also leans more towards gothic imagery than emo,depressed,self harming imagery (Amy cutting her hand in the video for "Everybody's Fool") of Evanescence. To see my point, listen to two albums by Lacuna Coil, Karmacode and Unleashed Memories.

@Meruda: It's ok, it happens alot xd

I'm really getting into Muse right now, in particular the album Black Holes And Revelations, it's very good.

ya see you're a big metal fan... 3nodding I am not xp so I prefer Evanescence. I don't think TOD has that much emo imagery...not compared to proper emo bands like Eighteen Visions. I do agree that Lacuna Coil aren't emo in any way though. I especially like Heaven's a Lie by them 3nodding
Muse are greay 3nodding but I don't have the new album sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:28 am
Disturbed are currently recording a new album!! YAY!! xd

I was trying to download a rare song by them, I managed to get it but I also got another song that was supposedly by Disturbed, but when I listened to it, it wasn't. I didn't know who it was by, so I looked on Google and it was by spineshank. but I really liked the song so I did some research on them and now I like them too! xd  

Shadow__Dweller

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:23 am
Shadow__Dweller

I was trying to download a rare song by them, I managed to get it but I also got another song that was supposedly by Disturbed, but when I listened to it, it wasn't. I didn't know who it was by, so I looked on Google and it was by spineshank. but I really liked the song so I did some research on them and now I like them too! xd

I loved "Land Of Confusion" and "Ten Thousand Fists", they're both great tracks.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:52 am
Aquila15
Shadow__Dweller

I loved "Land Of Confusion" and "Ten Thousand Fists", they're both great tracks.

biggrin they are indeed. "stricken" and "sons of plunder" are my favourites off the latest album. I think disturbed are one of the few bands that can actually do a really good cover song. Apart from Land of Confusion then also did Shout 2000 (shout, shout, let it all out...these are the things I can do without)...which is fantastic.  

Shadow__Dweller

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:53 am
Shadow__Dweller
Aquila15
Shadow__Dweller

biggrin they are indeed. "stricken" and "sons of plunder" are my favourites off the latest album. I think disturbed are one of the few bands that can actually do a really good cover song. Apart from Land of Confusion then also did Shout 2000 (shout, shout, let it all out...these are the things I can do without)...which is fantastic.

Yeah, I think they covered "Land of Confusion" really well-like Lacuna Coil covered "Enjoy the Silence" and it was brilliant. They must just be the type of bands who can cover songs very well.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:44 am
yeah 3nodding many bands just copy it straight off...they've actually turned a song which wasn't part of their genre and changed it to fit into their genre 3nodding
I'm sick of trance and dance people remixing old pop songs and stuff, they're absolutely rubbish and degrade the song, and young people today don't realise who sang the old ones, so they say "this song is great" and think it's been made up by the DJ sweatdrop

Hey Kyle do you like Dream Evil?  

Shadow__Dweller

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:28 am
Shadow__Dweller
yeah 3nodding many bands just copy it straight off...they've actually turned a song which wasn't part of their genre and changed it to fit into their genre 3nodding
I'm sick of trance and dance people remixing old pop songs and stuff, they're absolutely rubbish and degrade the song, and young people today don't realise who sang the old ones, so they say "this song is great" and think it's been made up by the DJ sweatdrop

Hey Kyle do you like Dream Evil?

I know! I mean, there's a great Daft Punk song called "Harder Better Faster Stronger" and it's the only electro song I like but Kanye West had to go and turn it into a rap-why butcher good music?! gonk
And I HATE rave/trance music and although I don't like pop either, they could at least think of their own material instead of always re-doing old songs.

I haven't listened to them, I've been meaning to try them out though 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:24 am
I know which song ya mean..why did they have to turn it into rap? stare I hate Kanye West anyway..big headed snot that he is xp

Dream evil aren't really my sort of music but I have a cd that someone gave me and it's not bad, I think you'd like them though 3nodding they sing about fantasty, like dragon slaying and stuff. they're quite fun xp  

Shadow__Dweller

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces