Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:17 pm
User Image
User Image

In the mundane atmosphere of the library, it wasn't surprising to have people pass you by or even sit in your immediate area. In fact, Alex really had no reason to look up unless he was on the prowl- wherein anyone coming back would have been enough. Odd as it was today, he simply wasn't interested- but glancing up out of curiosity, he thought, 'I could go for that.' That being the wide-eyed brunette whom had just taken a seat with Les Misérables. He'd usually avoid the bookish types because, not to categorize, they were the prude type whom wouldn't even humor his normal flirty nature. He was on a streak, in that sense. Rejection was fine, but it was no fun for him when he was merely a prop in someone else's world. But perhaps not hers, not today. His own book forgotten, he found himself staring at the cover of hers for a second too long, blinking back to the present with a small flare of his nostrils. Honestly, that novel became little more than over rated since it began catching publicity, then again, he got annoyed when things became mainstream and pushed into his face too often.

"You look very compelled by that." He hummed mildly, nodding towards the object in her hands with an indifferent gaze. "What aspect has caused it to be so interesting, for you?" And he'd continue on with normal conversation. Actual non-ulterior motivated words. well, for now anyway. He was curious what drew people to certain things, and that was an important skill if he wished to gain readers himself. Not that he was asking for that reason, no; it was a conversation started and a slight itch he'd like to scratch before his mind went on to something else. Though, that wasn't to say he wasn't already having less than decent thoughts in the back of his mind already, and simultaneously. "Or is this your first time reading it." That was an option for someone with a curious and exploratory mind, which she looked to have despite being beyond the average, neat bun-haired, educated beauty wrapped in professional clothes. Ah, to feel such open desire to get closer and learn what she was about.

|◈|Agenda: Light book research|◈|With: -- |
                                            |◈| Wearing: INSPO/Driving |◈|Status

OutOfCigarettes:

New speech: #008a28
Amour1568

Y

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:04 pm
whiters4

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

𝓐𝓻𝓪𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓮 "𝓐𝓻𝓲" 𝓑𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓪𝓾

ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬ As she continued to skim through the book with her dark purple eyes, Arabelle could picture what exactly was happening in her mind. It wasn't that hard for the French woman to understand exactly as to what was going on in the book, since it wasn't the first time she had picked up Les Misérables before. It was a French classic and always held a special place in her heart due to the fact that she was given a copy of it from her grandmother when she first journeyed away from her home to remember where she came from.

Hearing a masculine voice speak to her as she was reading, the brunette woman quickly brought her gaze away from the page she was on and looked at the man. She noticed that he had a bit of a bed headed look to his hair, but she could tell that he had styled it that way, and his eyes were a red color, which was abnormal for a human in a way. Perhaps he wasn't human at all, who was she to judge anyhow due to the fact she herself wasn't human In the slightest."I have a copy of my own from when I turned twelve years old. My grandmother had given it to me before I left home to remember where I came from and how other turn their struggles around into a more promising hope for them." Arabelle stated softly before brushing back a piece of her hair that had fallen into her face. She was a bit of a soft spoken person when it came to new people, but the timid French woman knew she would have to get over it someday. "And what about you, what brought you here?"
▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ

ஜ۩۞ Location: Soleil Library
ஜ۩۞ Feeling: Content, and Shy
ஜ۩۞ Company: The Library books and a man with red eyes.
ஜ۩۞ Thoughts: Deep into the book; Now what has brought him here?
ஜ۩۞ Wearing: First Outfit
ஜ۩۞ OOC:

Amour1568

Pure-hearted Wyvern

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:18 pm
User Image
User Image

Ah yes, the ever careful game of cat and mouse. If he came off too strong she was likely to give him a look of contempt before hurriedly leaving the area- leaving him to look like a d**k bag. The thought made him laugh to himself as he pressed the back of his closed fist against his chin, slightly withdrawn line of sight watching the female go over her fond memory of the gift her grandmother gave her. "So, it's sentimental, that's sweet." He wasn't sure he owned many possessions like that, except maybe his lighter. Anything else was fraudulence and vanity, with which he had no issue. He liked nice things, and she was a very nice little thing. Ah-- Him? It was odd to ask a person what they were doing in a library. "Research for a new book, and just passing the time." The reaper explained, holding up the paperback he'd been reading through. "But you're far more interesting than that. Alex Daniels, and you are?"

Putting his book onto his lap, he'd uncross his legs and lean forward to offer her a handshake. "So where did you come from, then? France, like in your book?" The ravenette had a bit more talk prepared, he was good at that after all. Besides, his mystery woman seemed friendly enough. "My G-ma in Italy is the same way, she gets a very cross looking frown when she sees me acting and speaking too 'American.' It's fun, really." He mused, sitting back again once the female had the opportunity to shake his hand. Why was it that he always ran into the type of people whom were the same type as Rylee? Was it a pheromone? It could be that he was simply too horny for his own good, but that was neither here nor there. A lot of reserved people lived here in Soleil. "If I'm not pushing too much with the questions...Why read the book here if you already own it?"

|◈|Agenda: Light book research|◈|With: -- |

OutOfCigarettes:

Amour1568

Y

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:48 am
whiters4

𝓐𝓻𝓪𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓮 "𝓐𝓻𝓲" 𝓑𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓪𝓾

ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬ With a slight nod to her head, Arabelle continued to look at the man as he spoke about why he was in the library. She was shocked to say the least that the man was a writer, but what kind of writing he did was a mystery to the brunette. She wanted to learn more about him. But when she listen to him as he spoke his name, Ari begun to use her memory to see if she had read any of his novels. "I can't be that interesting that's for sure. Arabelle Barteau, its a pleasure to met you Alex." The animal shifter stated when Alex stated that she was far more interesting than researching for a new book.

Taking his hand gently, the woman shook his hand in a handshake. "Why yes, I came from the countryside of France, but move to Paris when I was around ten or so." Arabelle stated still a bit shy, but at least with the surrounding books around them, she felt most at ease than when she was out at the beach the last time. After hearing what his grandmother would do when Alex spoke far to American, the brunette could only laugh slightly. "That sounds exactly what my grandmother would say. As she was talking Arabelle brings her right foot underneath of her as she relaxed a bit more and more in the company of the ravenette in front of her. "I may have misplaced it while moving here to Soleil. It might still be in France from my last time being home, which was only a month ago...I'm trying not to freak out over it, but it also still could be in one of the boxes I have yet to unpack." She stated, though she also started t ramble on, not even noticing what she was doing.
▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ

ஜ۩۞ Location: Soleil Library
ஜ۩۞ Feeling: Content; At Ease
ஜ۩۞ Company: The Library books and Alex Daniels
ஜ۩۞ Thoughts: …..
ஜ۩۞ Wearing: First Outfit
ஜ۩۞ OOC:

Amour1568

Pure-hearted Wyvern

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:35 pm
User Image
User Image

Surprise, hm? He knew enough men around here wore suits on the everyday, but he believed he may look tha part. Then again, did authors ‘look’ like anything? Tyrese wore open vests and ripped jeans, after all- but his books sold better. Heh. Alex was the B actor of the writing world, and intermediately it did bother him. He was rarely so far to last place in the races. Ah, but then he wonders what winning looks like. Of not like his rival, which it very well may, then it was subjective. Maybe he could feel that way with time. "Live interactions is always far better, believe you me. Especially when that person has suck beautiful features; forgive my forwardness." With a smile, he dropped his hand from hers and leaned away away, holding his book with its spine in his upright palm, occasionally fanning at his already frigid brow.

"That sounds wonderful. Is it better than living in a busy city like this? Or perhaps the isolation of the country can be daunting?" The country was far too slow a lifestyle for him, though he still found the mental image attractive. The long rolling fields, exposed skies, and bursting sunsets. Would he have been less trouble in a homely place like that? "They want us to carry on the legacy, and we cant blame them for that, don’t you think? I speak Italian and that seems to appease her." Alexs chuckled lowly, wondering what she’d think of him next time he went to visit; her favorite grandson was a reaper now, and she would be bitter about such. Alexus gently tsked his lips and shook his head "Such a shame, I hope it is in one of your unpacked boxes. When did you move here? And why?"

|◈|Agenda: Light book research|◈|With: Arabelle |

OutOfCigarettes:

Amour1568

Y

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:21 am
User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄xxxxx▄▄▄▄xxxxx▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

R ● owan S ● kye C ● ortana

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄xxxxx▄▄▄▄xxxxx▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

↙↙↙

The
Prophet

Letting out a slow breath, Rowan tightened her gloves on her hands and flexed her fingers, trying to work out her nerves. The whole morning had kind of been a blur, it was the day she was to meet her blind date. She had never done anything like this before, and not that it was entirely hard for her to meet people, she was still nervous not knowing how this person would turn out to be. At least the place to meet was the library, she would be surrounded by books, something that she loved dearly. Chuckling a little to herself, she thought back to what she did this morning to prepare for this. She had spent so long making sure her hair looked nice, and even put on a little make-up, though her clothing was still the traditional style she wore back home. Meaning she stuck out quite a bit in this area.
Arriving at the library as she had decided to walk there, she walked in and looked around. She didn't see anyone that seemed to be alone and waiting, so she figured she had arrived before him, not a big deal, those sorts of things never really bothered her. Figuring she had time before he arrived, she decided to look around for some more books to take home. Putting her hand absentmindedly on her bag that rested against her hip, she thought of her old worn out book that she took everywhere with her. It was probably time to give it a break indeed. Running her gloved fingers over the spines of the books, she smiled and took a deep breath in, the smell of old pages and paper soothed her. Taking off one of her gloves, she touched the books again, closing her eyes. Nothing really jumped at her in that moment, so she kept moving slowly around the shelves of books. Stopping quickly, she let her green eyes settle on the book her fingers were on. Pulling it off the shelf, she flipped through the pages and smiled. This would be one of the books she would take with her. Continuing this process, she picked out a few books before she finally sat down to wait for her date, starting to read the first book she had pulled off the shelf.

[☂: Mood][ Nervous ] [☀: Location][ Library ][☁: I'm With][ Herself currently ][☄: Thoughts][ ]

Metal Mannequiin

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:52 pm
x
x
x
x
тнυяsםαч, sєρтємвєя ⑥тн

םαч ④ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ③③③
( ⑩ мσитнs, ②⑨ םαчs )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:40 pm
whiters4

"For a new beginning
For a turnaround
Our heads are spinning
And we won't calm down
We're a wall in motion
Or a change is now walk in the park
What comes around
Goes around
You better watch out
We're the children of the dark

We're nothing like you, we're true and free
We're nothing like you but you can't see
We're nothing like you and all the rest
We're nothing like you

We're the children of the dark"

Erik Leroux

Nerd. That would have been an accurate word to describe Erik. Here he worked in a bookstore, yet on his day off he was in a library, talk about a book lover. He liked the library though, it was calm and soothing, and they didn't care how much money you had or where you lived, as long as you had your card, you could check books out, and nothing was needed if you wanted to read while you were in the library. Today he was wearing...basically what he always wore. He only had, like, three outfits, two of which were purchased recently, so it wasn't as if there were many ways he could diversify his look. Anyways, plain black shirt, slim jeans, nondescript off-brand tennis shoes, and the same camp jacket he had been wearing for a couple of years now completed the look. He knew it was too hot to be wearing a jacket, so it was tied around his waist. Most people probably would have left it behind, but most people didn't live in a storage closet. He had absolutely minimal security for his dwelling, and with autumn fast approaching, he didn't want to be out a perfectly useable jacket. The walk over to the library had worked out most of the catches and stiff spots in his body, a tedious side effect of his current living arrangements, but even still, large movements were bound to pull something, which he found embarrassing as hell for someone his age.

Scanning the book titles, he really didn't know what he was going to read; for him, the library was a destination, everything else could be worked out once he got there. Eventually he grabbed up an English translation of the play Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand, then settled himself into a high-backed chair. Krotak, his service raven, remained perched on his shoulder the whole time, feigning disinterest as Erik scanned the shelves, yet prodding him along to pick a book and settle down. Though he wasn't sure if it was possible, Erik had a suspicion that Krotak could read, which begged the question of which was the smarter species: man or raven?

"These vengeful thoughts trapped underneath
Rage, scorn, misery
Payback for what you took from me
Hope, love, sanity
I heard that you reap what you sow
So here's to believing in ghosts
Now when you see my face you’ll know
You can't save yourself
Or save your soul
When you meet the man whose life you stole
With weathered wings and broken bones
A flight for the fallen flies the crow"

Health: GoodxxxxxxPlace to stay: BookstorexxxxxxMood: SerenexxxxxxRelationship: SinglexxxxxxOoc: Sorry, I'm so bad with openers. Promise I get better...

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:10 pm
User Image
User Image

Life was perhaps...too prosaic for the long lived mushi, and being the eternal being he was, that sentiment was only strange to him. It felt misplaced, even, considering his last few weeks of strife with his sibling. Strive was banal as well, when one considered it. The world and its inner workings were rarely ever breezy and good, there was always something that could be going better. Like his relationship with his twin, which was always a point of affliction between them. And alas, the once red-head had taken off like a bird from a cage mindlessly left ajar. There was nothing left to make him stay, Sage knew as much. Any familial attachments had withered away like old rope over centuries time, and the only reason they ever came in contact was when one lacked something the other could provide, and Sage never situated himself to be poor off. He was used to it, then, no mater how distraught about it he was on his own time.

Therefore, he was bored and maybe a little burnt out with the fast pacing of the fashion scene, and so found himself in a place a little unusual. The library was quiet and more empty than it ever was crowded, he could work in peace here. Still productive, and also a new place from his usual scenes. Would it be ever so insipid. however? The mushi switched his caffeine to the other hand and tucked his hair behind his ears. Hopefully not for the next while. Rather than go for a book, he searched for a human muse with citrine orbs. Blondes were too plentiful and their presence over-saturating- he found no inspiration there. A brunette, maybe- ah, if only he were to talk Crevan into- Keen designer eyes were drawn by red hair, a small smack of his lips in response to Cyrano de Bergerac so present in his hands. Well, he would do.

Sage sat down, not far but not in direct sight of the other male. He only needed his aesthetic to see what his fingers would spawn. Though he supposed maybe his personality would give the design some flair. The ethereal entity let soft lashes lift enough to wash over the book again, and then the red haired male. "Ah, you chose such a lovely, sad story. I never can conclude whether I'd so valiantly let my love desire another through a guise of my own efforts. I dare say I've nearly faced it and fell apart at the seams," His soft features cradled into the palm of his hand, one leg gingerly crossed over the other. "But it would be lovely to marry someone with even a third of Cyrano's character.-- Ah, though I would never marry." In inadvertently, Sage caused himself to laugh. He could never, though all the same, this true story left him with a sore kind of love feeling that he loved and scored the feeling of. "ts unusual to see someone reading it, I feel,"

✿Today's Never Relaxed ✿Came from Home, is @ Library
                                                      S T A T U S ✿People around me: Erik ✿OOC:

""
speech=#D6C8B7
X

Y

Z

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:27 pm
whiters4

"For a new beginning
For a turnaround
Our heads are spinning
And we won't calm down
We're a wall in motion
What comes around
Goes around
You better watch out

We're nothing like you

Erik Leroux

Krotak watched as the snow-haired man stalked towards them, eyeing them like prey, or so he felt. He gave Erik a gentle nudge, pointing out the interloper, wondering if they would need to fly or if things would be ok. Erik glanced up, tracking the other man's movements, determining he was in fact heading over this way. For now, there did not seem to be any hostility apparent, but Erik was always cognizant of potential dangers, and he would not let his guard down just yet. He was keenly aware that he was being observed, but at least the man's gaze didn't seem to linger upon the eyepatch like most did; it seemed to be more of a general gaze, though oddly not entirely predatory. He gave a brief smile as the man began to speak to him. "You know, if I hadn't ever read this before, that might have been considered a spoiler. Good thing I've read the play a few times already." The primary attribute he noticed during this brief exchange was his partner's eloquent diction and almost whimsical nature. It was as if a spirit had perched nearby and begun speaking with him. "Then perhaps you either did not really love the person, or you saw no reason for you to be apart. From what I have observed, a critical component of love, both platonic and romantic, is the willingness to do what is necessary to make the other happy and/or take care of them. That is what the stories teach us, at least. What I find most tragic is how grave of a flaw he considers his appearance. To think that one could have all the virtues in the world, save humility, it would seem, yet an imperfect face is cause enough to believe that none shall ever love you." He gave a sardonic little quip of the right corner of his lips, "guess I'm screwed then." He didn't know if he would consider himself attractive in general, but the whole lack of one eye definitely shot his appearance score into the dirt. Who would really ever want to go out with a cyclops?

He kept silent about the marriage comment. While in theory marriage sounded lovely, he had only observed one case of it, and it was the stuff of nightmares. There was a chance he could marry someday, but it was incredibly unlikely, if he even made it long enough to get to that point. "Is it now? There was a successful movie of it not that long ago, and the opera does well for itself, I would have thought that would make it much more popular. But I guess Les Mis and Sondheim are a bit more popular of late," he said with a slight shrug. "And what about you? You come here just to observe people reading, or were you actually looking for something yourself? Can't say I've seen you before though, despite my frequent visits, so I assume the library isn't always your thing despite your seemingly decent knowledge of literature." If the pale man cared to answer those implied questions he could, Erik was just trying to amuse himself some other way if he couldn't read.

Rage, scorn, misery
Hope, love, sanity
You can't save yourself
Or save your soul

Health: GoodxxxxxxPlace to stay: BookstorexxxxxxMood: AmbivalentxxxxxxRelationship: SinglexxxxxxOoc: __

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:20 pm
User Image
User Image

The red head noticed him far before Sage thought it'd even be apparent that he'd had an inkling towards the male; which meant that keen vision of his was sharp; a surprise, considering. He stared him down most as though trying to read his soul, as noninvasive as Sage's presence was: flashy, maybe, but soft as daylight coming through the clouds on a dreary day. It didn't bother him, really- he was used to stares for one reason or another: People couldn't entirely decide whether he were male or female, his clothes were outlandishly expensive to be in wearing in such common places, which lead, of course, to attempts to goad him into buying them things if they approached him and made nice, or pretended to be helpless. That wasn't even counting the people who recognized him, should that ever happen. It was an open secret that he occasionally chose a muse and designed clothes for them, free of charge. Who wouldn't be dying for that kind of opportunity? Aside form the occasional prude whom so grumpily insisted they didn't care for those fancies; and not only that, resented the attention. So unnecessarily rude they tended to be!

Sage didn't let that stop him from siting and starting his sketch, oblivious- or rather ignoring, of the bird on the male's shoulder. You make a fuss about it and people get offended and defensive. He really only needed the feelings the red head gave off, the colors and sharpness of his features or appearance...It was only because the mushi was so polite, bored and his presence noted by this point, that he made conversation, laughing shortly at the retort of the nameless male. "Ah, but I've said no more than the back cover would have told you anyway, it'd be strange of you to pick a book without even a single look at that." He continued listening with nothing more than a playful and drawn out, "Ooouch" at the following bold and uninformed claim, a smile quirking at his lips as his gaze remained on his drawing pad. It wasn't until the man made a diss at himself that the designer began to understand, well- more like confirmed his haunch. This one seemed the cynic, and guarded at that. It would give this design a fun angle to consider.

"Now now, you hurt my feelings assuming it wasn't love, or selfish love in the least. You see, the caveat was making sacrifices so your loved one can adore your impersonator. I feel that sort of lie is far more destructive. Had Cyrano not denied it to his death and instead exposed Christian to place himself at the forefront of his Roxane's affections, the ending would be very different. Such abandonment of that integral attribute would have defiled the characteristic that made Cyrno so notable in the first place." Sage rested one hand on the back of his neck, pushing the silverette strands to one side as his fingers never slowed their sketching. Stimulating conversation did so help creativity flow. "Yes, tragic and grievous, but not surprising. Mankind has held a beauty standard since clothes and income were invented; his concerns were not unfounded, though- oh, how dearly I wished someone would have told him he could be loved despite. It does happen, yes? Even for you, it could." He chuckled softly, like the chimes over the library door.

Speaking of looks, Sage did align his sight with the stranger's face for a few long moments, seeming to reflect on his companions, 'I'm screwed' commentary. And with a blink, he was back to work, listening as intently as ever. The raven-accompanied male said nothing of wanting his opinion over such concerns. "The opera was more to my tastes, but in terms of popularity, it is no Hamilton or Lion King, yes? Or even the two you have named. Underappreciated, I suppose." The man then had a few questions for him, one after the other as Sage hummed in his chest. "The classic, 'do you come here often' line?" He giggled in jest. "I prefer to order any reading material I desire to be delivered to my home. I'm just here to do something different with my day, see different people. You say you are here often, it sounds very nice. What attracts you? Like living in different words, so to speak?"

✿Today's Never Relaxed ✿Came from Home, is @ Library
                                                      S T A T U S ✿People around me: Erik ✿OOC:

""
speech=#D6C8B7
X

Y

Z

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:35 am
whiters4

"For a new beginning
For a turnaround
Our heads are spinning
And we won't calm down
We're a wall in motion
What comes around
Goes around
You better watch out

We're nothing like you

Erik Leroux

The pale stranger was an artist of some sort, it would appear, unless he just liked carrying around a sketchpad for no good reason. So did that mean that Erik was some sort of model? That was quite the compliment. Ghosty did fail to comment on whether or not the relationship had required sacrifice at all, but did that really matter? For as much as they were talking like it was all practical examples, their words were vague and anecdotal. It was an analysis of a famous literary work based upon general perceptions of the world. He could get behind this easily enough. "Perhaps, but is not beauty, grace, and boldness oft put before intelligence? The Iliad focuses on Achilles even though he was loathe to join the war and proved himself to be an absolute brute. Odysseus was the brains of the whole war, yet he is tormented and tested until the very end of the following epic. Though I suppose Odysseus does get more of a win in the end, just took five years longer. Besides, isn’t it kind of a good thing they didn’t get together? They were cousins, albeit distant, after all." Seemed the pale man could draw and talk at the same time, suggesting he was probably used to this. Erik wished he could do the same, or rather, wished he could read and talk at the same time, but it would be rude to just ignore him and go back to reading now wouldn’t it? ”I imagine the beauty standard is not something you have to worry about. Though someone who dresses so flashily probably does put significant work into their appearance. Or not. I suppose I wouldn’t know.” He gave a little half smile, ”well aren’t you Mr. Optimistic. Don’t tell me you subscribe to that whole “one true love” for everyone crap, do you? Perfection is a subjective illusion, meant to keep dreamers running eternally after nothingness. Given Earth’s population, it is more accurate to say there are a ton of people you could get along with well enough, but no one will ever be The One.” He settled a little further into his chair, Krotak moving to a higher perch, bored of the conversation. ”Hope I didn’t burst any dreams too harshly.”

He considered the words haphazardly, it would not serve him well at all to seem to put much effort into this discussion. "Never seen those two, unfortunately. Pretty rare that I get to see an opera. Hell, the version of Cyrano that I saw was probably pirated. Books, on the other hand, are easy to obtain and cheap too if the library has them. The play is older, so a library I checked out had a filmed version of the play, that’s the only way I saw it. Opera and all might be more popular if it was more available to the masses. Tickets are freaking ridiculously expensive.” Even letting all that out, didn’t necessarily hint at just how broke he was, just probably that he wasn’t wealthy. Hell, he would love to be rich enough to have books sent to him, but that was a long ways off, so long he had never even lived like that before.

He shrugged at the whole "classic line" bit, "sometimes things are classic for a reason. Kept the conversation going, didn't it?" Doing something different? He supposed lurking in a library and sketching people was different. Or maybe he meant he was choosing a different target to sketch? Erik's paranoid mind wasn't about to let an option drop. "Ah yes, never know what sort of nerd you'll find here. As for why I'm here, it's free. A place out of the elements where I can just relax and generally not be disturbed. Not that you are disturbing. I appreciate that you approached from directly in front of me, can’t say I care much for when people approach on my blind side.” He had nearly beat up enough people to know that he needed a place where he could zen out. Also it only proved he needed his raven to keep an eye out for him: three eyes were better than one. ”So, why did you choose me? Bad at drawing right eyes so you wanted a subject where that wasn’t needed?”

Rage, scorn, misery
Hope, love, sanity
You can't save yourself
Or save your soul

Health: GoodxxxxxxPlace to stay: BookstorexxxxxxMood: NeutralxxxxxxRelationship: SinglexxxxxxOoc: __

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games