Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:40 pm
Garland-Green
Anyone can be forgiven if they repent, and turn to Jesus.
Repent means abandon their previous life. Thoughts, and practices. Put on the new man.

2 Chronicles 7:14
New International Version
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

Most Bibles say the same things, just in a different way, unless you have a cult version. Some translations use dynamic and and others formal equivalence.

who are you saying is a cult?

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

Then you will know the TRUTH,
and the TRUTH will set you free

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:48 pm
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

tbh i don't care anymore, theres to many denominations, they cant all be right.
it's pointless.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

If Jesus is Truth, how can you not care about truth?
Though there are many denominations very few of them differ on who Jesus was. What is not to be considered denominations; Jehovah's Witnesses, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and similar, who have their own books that are valued above the Bible. I urge you to read the text honestly, and make sure you are grounded in the real Jesus, and not a fake one. Only the real one saves.

Acts 4:12
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

If we don't have the nature of Jesus right, then we are not really believing in the Jesus that can save us.

give me a scripture where jesus says i am god and i'll consider you right.
otherwise all your babble is flawed, he said she said, isn't Jesus saying I AM GOD.

and what do you know about the jehovahs witnesses? have you ever been one? the book of mormon is held above the bible, but the witnesses dont have a book.

the elders have a book yes, thats nothing to do with the bible.
what book are you referring to that the witnesses have?

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Isaiah 48:12
"Listen to me, Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

The Jehovah's witnesses have their own Bible translation that omits verses that do not agree with their core doctrines. It is called the New World Translation. There's a former JW in the guild. If you don't take me as an authority on The Jehovah's Witnesses you should talk to him. I have also studied their doctrines, and how the Jehovah's witnesses came about as an organization. Their lines of failed end- time predictions and so on.

you are blind sighted and stupid if you think god will condemn people that believe slightly different. you sir are arrogant and narrow minded.
their BIBLE not book, their BIBLE may have a few differences but what bibles dont?
your bible is different from mine but i dont condemn you.

a murderer can be forgiven but someone who has a belief different than yours is condemned?
if thats what you really think Jesus or God stands for then shame on you.
That means God is not love and god does not really care for humanity.
open your eyes and stop acting so condescending!

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

No matter what way you look at it, there is ONE truth. I'm sure you understand that concept; those who are in the Truth are saved, and those who are not are in trouble. It's understandable when there are minor discrepancies between translations due to modernization, but when the word is picked apart like a dessert table, where only the appealing pieces are taken, yet the not-so-favorable parts are left off of your plate, there's a need for rebuking...
Yes, it's more important to have your faith in Christ than to worry about all the little differences in theology/legalism/etc., but when someone's entire doctrinal belief contradicts scripture, it's more loving to reveal that truth to them than to let them go on living in ignorance of it.

2 Timothy 4:2
"Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching."

And to answer your question about people with different beliefs being condemned....
God gave us His word for that very purpose... Yes, those who reject Jesus as their Savior and as the ONLY way to Heaven are indeed on a road to Hell if they do not turn to Him, I'm sure you're aware of that... The murderer can be forgiven IF he turns to THE Christ that is depicted in scripture. As Garland quoted from Mark 13:5-7... If the Christ one follows is not the Christ depicted throughout scripture, they're deceived! How can you tell? Look in scripture! Old AND New Testaments. Christ is THROUGHOUT scripture, not just in the latter books. We acknowledge this now because we know of Christ, so we can see a painted image of His sacrifice and His righteousness in every book of the Bible.

Again, please don't misinterpret rebuke for condemnation. There is a BIG difference between the two. How can one know if they're deceived? Take it to scripture.  

Novus Initium

Fashionable Gekko

4,075 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:51 pm
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

Though there are many denominations very few of them differ on who Jesus was. What is not to be considered denominations; Jehovah's Witnesses, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and similar, who have their own books that are valued above the Bible. I urge you to read the text honestly, and make sure you are grounded in the real Jesus, and not a fake one. Only the real one saves.

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

If we don't have the nature of Jesus right, then we are not really believing in the Jesus that can save us.

otherwise all your babble is flawed, he said she said, isn't Jesus saying I AM GOD.

and what do you know about the jehovahs witnesses? have you ever been one? the book of mormon is held above the bible, but the witnesses dont have a book.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

"Listen to me, Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

The Jehovah's witnesses have their own Bible translation that omits verses that do not agree with their core doctrines. It is called the New World Translation. There's a former JW in the guild. If you don't take me as an authority on The Jehovah's Witnesses you should talk to him. I have also studied their doctrines, and how the Jehovah's witnesses came about as an organization. Their lines of failed end- time predictions and so on.

you are blind sighted and stupid if you think god will condemn people that believe slightly different. you sir are arrogant and narrow minded.
their BIBLE not book, their BIBLE may have a few differences but what bibles dont?

a murderer can be forgiven but someone who has a belief different than yours is condemned?

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

It is not me you have a problem with.

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Belief is everything. If it was not so important who we believed or what we believed Christ would not warn us.

Mark 13:5-7
And Jesus began to say to them, "See to it that no one misleads you. "Many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He!' and will mislead many."

Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

Calling someone stupid, arrogant and narrow minded is judging someone.
I have not done that with you. I have tried to show you with scripture, but you take offense.

Matthew 5:22
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

1. Ramses II, Amon-Ra, and Nut.

2. Horus, Osiris, and Isis.

3. moon god, Lord of the Heavens, and sun god.

4. Ishtar, Sin, and Shamash.

5. Buddhist triune of transformation body, enjoyment body, and truth body.

6. The Hindu triad of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. (Trimurti)

7. The Brahmas also have their trinity. In their trinity, Vajrapani, Manjusri, and Avalokitesvara.

8. China and Japan also worship Buddha, but they know him as “Fo.” When
they worship him they say “Fo, is one god but has three forms.”

9. The ancient Egyptians also worshipped a trinity. Their symbol of a wing, a globe, and a
serpent is supposed to have stood for the different attributes of their god.

go along and practice your pagan worshiping.

and YOU are the one judging others. you are not my brother or sister because you dont preach the truth.

and still no quote of jesus saying I AM GOD. you are a fool because you preach lies, lies that were created and forcefully pushed upon people in the 4th century a lie than cost lives. do your research before you try spreading your pagan lies.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

Non of those gods you mention are one singular deity. You don't understand what the Trinity is if you use those as an example. The Trinity is not three separate gods working together.

The doctrine of the Trinity means that there is one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Stated differently, God is one in essence and three in person. These definitions express three crucial truths: The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct Persons, each Person is fully God, there is only one God.

You need to check yourself and see if what you believe is right. If what you believe to be true about Jesus is really true you should have the fruits of the Spirit in your life;

Galatians 5:22-23
New International Version (NIV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

I am not saying Jesus is the Father, or that the Father is Jesus the Son. What I am saying that in essence both Jesus, the Son, and God the Father, are God. They are distinct persons, but co-equal. Same goes for the Holy Spirit. It is what the Bible states. If you accept the Trinity there are no contradictions in the verses you and I debated.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:52 pm
1. RUBY, TOBY, PUGS, BUDDY, MIA. ( I have 5 dogs )
2. Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Psalms 23:1
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
3. I don't have a favorite book of the Bible, but the bible of itself is my favorite. :]
4. Believing Jesus Christ is all i need to believe!
5. Arizona
6. Pink, Pure Black, Blue, Gray, and Tan
7. Single

XxAmbiti0usQu33nxX

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:54 pm
Novus Initium
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

No matter what way you look at it, there is ONE truth. I'm sure you understand that concept; those who are in the Truth are saved, and those who are not are in trouble. It's understandable when there are minor discrepancies between translations due to modernization, but when the word is picked apart like a dessert table, where only the appealing pieces are taken, yet the not-so-favorable parts are left off of your plate, there's a need for rebuking...
Yes, it's more important to have your faith in Christ than to worry about all the little differences in theology/legalism/etc., but when someone's entire doctrinal belief contradicts scripture, it's more loving to reveal that truth to them than to let them go on living in ignorance of it.

"Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching."

And to answer your question about people with different beliefs being condemned....
God gave us His word for that very purpose... Yes, those who reject Jesus as their Savior and as the ONLY way to Heaven are indeed on a road to Hell if they do not turn to Him, I'm sure you're aware of that... The murderer can be forgiven IF he turns to THE Christ that is depicted in scripture. As Garland quoted from Mark 13:5-7... If the Christ one follows is not the Christ depicted throughout scripture, they're deceived! How can you tell? Look in scripture! Old AND New Testaments. Christ is THROUGHOUT scripture, not just in the latter books. We acknowledge this now because we know of Christ, so we can see a painted image of His sacrifice and His righteousness in every book of the Bible.

Again, please don't misinterpret rebuke for condemnation. There is a BIG difference between the two. How can one know if they're deceived? Take it to scripture.

all christians accept christ as their savior... thats what christianity is.
him saying there is only one way is wrong. just because im not a trinitarian doesnt mean i'm not pleasing jesus.

nor does that mean Johavahs witnesses are either. but apparently their fake bible is sending them else where... because they like others do not believe the trinity...
saying others are cults so dont know jesus is judging. but he doesnt see that.

christ said be childlike... meaning open your mind. not to determine who is condemned and whos not. because they dont have the same beliefs

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:57 pm
Garland-Green

keep telling yourself that... keep your un biblical forced doctrines to yourself.
thanks.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:03 pm
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

him saying there is only one way is wrong. just because im not a trinitarian doesnt mean i'm not pleasing jesus.

nor does that mean Johavahs witnesses are either. but apparently their fake bible is sending them else where... because they like others do not believe the trinity...

christ said be childlike... meaning open your mind. not to determine who is condemned and whos not. because they dont have the same beliefs

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

If someone claims to believe in Christ I have the right to consider if that is true or not, and even leave their presence.

1 Cotinthians 5:12-13
For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

2 John 1:10
If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:06 pm
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

If someone claims to believe in Christ I have the right to consider if that is true or not, and even leave their presence.

For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.

you are so misrepresenting things. it's unbelievable. you crack me up.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:15 pm
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

Could we do this someplace else? This is an introduction forum.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:16 pm
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

If I am I will leave it to the others in the guild to judge.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:38 pm
2Mature
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
3. I don't have a favorite book of the Bible, but the bible of itself is my favorite. :]
5. Arizona
7. Single

Welcome to the guild! smile Five dogs! I have one, and I think that is a little much.
What kind of dogs do you have?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:43 pm
Garland-Green
2Mature
5. Arizona
7. Single

Welcome to the guild! smile Five dogs! I have one, and I think that is a little much.

Three Chihuahua's a pug, and a shih tzu . :] i love my lil fur balls ;]  

XxAmbiti0usQu33nxX

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:48 pm
2Mature
Garland-Green
2Mature
5. Arizona
7. Single

Three Chihuahua's a pug, and a shih tzu . :] i love my lil fur balls ;]

I have a parson russell terrier. One and a half year old. Very rambunctious.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:08 pm
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

Read the Gospel of John. He does a good job expressing the deity that is Jesus Christ. John 8:56-59 And Garland is reaching out to you, he isn't undermining your sincerity or your stance in Christ but trying to fill in a few gaps in your theology. Look make every man a liar and God the Truth. Look at it for yourself and ask God to help show you what is what.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:58 pm
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

If I am I will leave it to the others in the guild to judge.

Until the day I die I will not believe in the trinity. It is a man made doctrine.
If Jesus was god he would have said so. He denies being god. When you find a scripture that Jesus said "I am god" or "I am the father" let me know. Other wise you're preaching Pagan lies. Do your history boy. Learn the facts. Never did the deciples preach Jesus was god. Never. After his death none of the Christians did. Until the false doctrine was brought into the church and papers were signed forcefully by men who were scared they'd be put to death if they didn't. It is false doctrine that the Roman Catholic Church created to give reason for religious slaughter.

Stop quoting me. I have nothing else to say to you.
You're the most Un Christ like man I have ever come accross.
Your arrogant and condasending. No wonder people hate Christians these days. You are a great example of a stuck up "think their right" Christian when all you have is a dangerous lack of knowledge. You're a google man. Copy and paste.
Not do not quote me unless you have scripture that Jesus said he was god.

“Christ has been made our Judge. The Father is not the Judge. The angels are not. He who took humanity upon Himself, and in this world lived a perfect life, is to judge us. HE ONLY CAN BE OUR JUDGE.”

Jesus Christ will judge me at the second coming. Not god! So keep your unbiblical lies to yourself. I don't want to hear it unless you have a clear argument that's in red. That said I am god.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games