...But Can They Sing? -- The Movie Thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nova Inlustris

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:39 am
I saw it last night, and I absolutely loved it! It was amazing. 3nodding The costumes, the sets, the atmosphere was all done very well. The blood looked really fake alot of the time, but it was probably worse in the plays. xd it starts to be more believable towards the end. Though when the blood got all squirty I couldn't help but laugh.
Most of the actors did really well too. Johnny, Helena, and Alan were all fantastic. Sacha was pretty funny, just seeing him in those tight pants was enough to make you break out into hysterics. I liked Toby too, he seemed pretty cute. Very good kid actor.
But Anthony kind of annoyed me for some reason... Johanna seemed kind of young, and her voice was so freaking high it almost gave me a headache.
Lucy was okay, I don't think she really did enough for me to consider her good or bad.

So yeah, I give it a thumbs up!

In fact, I loved it so much, I doodled this up.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:57 am
I saw the movie and it was rather amazing. The voices sounded wonderful,and Tim Burton definitley did his magic with the costumes. The "By the sea" scene, was rather humourous, and Johnny's Swimsuit was painful to watch in a funny way.

Sweeney Todds Heiress

Gelasius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:32 pm
I really liked the movie a lot. I've already seen it twice and plan to see it several more times. It's a bit more bleak than I had in mind. Adds another answer to the question: What's black and white and red all over?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:21 pm
Tora Yakari
But Anthony kind of annoyed me for some reason...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have no idea what he was like in the original production, but he seemed too mopey and emo to me.

Shigures Editor

SnowWtch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:39 pm
I loved the movie and I've been listening to the soundtrack while doing housework. It's just so nice. The only voice that bothered me was Johanna's. I just didn't like it for some reason. However, I was pleasantly surprised with Helena and Johnny. They meshed quite well for the duets.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:57 pm
SnowWtch
I loved the movie and I've been listening to the soundtrack while doing housework. It's just so nice. The only voice that bothered me was Johanna's. I just didn't like it for some reason. However, I was pleasantly surprised with Helena and Johnny. They meshed quite well for the duets.

Really? I quite liked Johanna's voice - I think it suited the character.  

Shigures Editor

Lunatic Reader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:25 am
I loved Johnny's voice. I didn't know he could sing that well. Helena Bonham Carter's voice was ok. I read somewhere that she had to take voice lessons before filming began. Sasha Baron Choen sang pretty well too. Although I wouldn't have expeced to hear him sing. Alan Rickman was good too. I loved Johannas voice, it did suit the character.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:29 pm
cheshire_Christyne
i know Depp can sing but i'm worried the "his skin was pale and his eye was odd" will be ignore and the character will be portayed as quite attractive and the movie will get a following of fan girls with no intrest in music or in the story

But they did make his skin pale and his eyes odd. But he was still attrackive...Too ba he's 44 years old sweatdrop And yes oh yes Johnny can sing! His voice is amazing. And even Alan Rickman, who plays Severus Snape in Harry Potter sings. Some of them had lessons, but it's their real voices.  

Muted_Nightingale

8,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Muted_Nightingale

8,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:32 pm
Gelasius
I really liked the movie a lot. I've already seen it twice and plan to see it several more times. It's a bit more bleak than I had in mind. Adds another answer to the question: What's black and white and red all over?

Yeah, but that's what you would expect from a Tim Burton movie. Remember Sleepy Hollow?
Well, I'm 14 and I've seen Sweeney Todd, even if it's rated R  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:06 pm
Wolven Sakura
Gelasius

Yeah, but that's what you would expect from a Tim Burton movie. Remember Sleepy Hollow?

I'm 13 and I saw it. ;D Just goes to show that age doesn't matter when you're watching a really bloody movie. >>;

Shigures Editor

iEvita

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:52 pm
There's a hole in the world like a great black pit...

omg! i watched it on December 27, 2007 and ill never forget that movie... Sweeney Todd. those names. :]]

...and it's filled with people who are filled with s**t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:53 pm
Shigures Editor
Wolven Sakura
Gelasius

I'm 13 and I saw it. ;D Just goes to show that age doesn't matter when you're watching a really bloody movie. >>;

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit...

im 10 and i watched it. :] i watch a lot of rated r movies. ^o^

...and it's filled with people who are filled with s**t

iEvita

-epic!insomnia-
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:12 am
@pretty_princess1863-- Please don't double post. You can use the edit button if there's something you'd like to add to what you've said.
(Also, is there some kind of nickname you'd like? Because your username is a little long. xD)

I liked the movie, but of course it wasn't the stage production. I think Johanna and Anthony's story was darkened a little, hence the emo!Anthony. And can we blame him when he's being beaten up by the beadle?
sad  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:36 am
I saw it opening day.
And instantly fell in love with it.

Johnny Depp<3 and my faavorite actress, Helena Bonham Carter in a morbid musical in London?
I was all like.. O:

The singing was amazing by the way.
My boofoo (boyfriend) kept laughing, he loved it too. It's also his favorite.
I loved every bit of it, but the end was kinda you know.. so sudden but that happens.  

weesnah

The 3amisfun Main Discussion Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces