Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kid Nasty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:34 pm
Hey, LOST won an award!

Quote:
The Sixth Annual Family Television Awards was held on December 1 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills and recognized honorees in seven categories for their contributions to outstanding family entertainment. The show will be televised on The WB Network on Thursday, December 9 from 9 - 10 p.m. EST. Lori Loughlin of The WB hit series "Summerland" is the host.

The Family Television Awards are the only awards in which the members of the Association of National Advertisers -- major corporate marketers -- recognize outstanding programming for family viewing. The 46 major national advertisers that participate in the Family Friendly Programming Forum work to encourage the television community to produce more prime-time shows that families can view together.

2004 Family Television Award honorees include:

Drama: "Joan of Arcadia" (CBS)

Comedy: "Everybody Loves Raymond" (CBS)

Reality: "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" (ABC)

Best New Series: "Lost" (ABC)
(Source)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:53 am
Quote:
KILLER SERIALS: What do the survival drama "Lost" and sudsy soaper "Desperate Housewives" have in common? They both signal the welcome return of the serialized drama.

I just love weekly cliffhangers on shows that darn near demand that you see every single episode. The best seasons of "Angel," "24" and "Alias," as well as a whole host of sci-fi dramas, have a strong serialized component with complex plots stretching out over multiple episodes and character arcs getting loving, extended development.

I'm not a huge fan of "Desperate Housewives," but the show is undeniably skilled at getting you to tune in each week and find out what happens next. As for "Lost," I can hardly wait for each commercial break to end, let alone wait a week between episodes.

Serialized dramas have always had to fend off meddling network suits, who want purely self-contained episodes that could potentially sell better in the syndication market. But the DVD market may be changing that.

"24" and "Alias" sold very well on DVD, and those sales helped both programs stay on the air. "Lost" and "Housewives" will no doubt also rake in a ton of cash when they come out on DVD, as is almost always the case with serialized dramas, even cult fare such as "Babylon 5."

I hope the current success and future DVD earnings of both "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives embolden TV types to keep on commissioning complex, grippingly serialized storytelling. We viewers can keep up, I promise.

'LOST' LOVER: One of the most pressing question questions confronting our nation is: Jack, Sawyer or Sayid?

We're talking about "Lost," of course, ABC's stranded-survivor drama, which we'd rather eat sand than miss.

Fans of the show are hotly debating whom the lovely castaway Kate (Evangeline Lilly) should end up with -- should it be the brave doctor, Jack (Matthew Fox), the rascally con man, Sawyer (Josh Holloway), or the conflicted former Iraqi Army officer, Sayid (Naveen Andrews)?

The "shipper" (as in pro-relationship) chatter on the "Lost" message boards on ABC.com is getting positively metaphysical: "I think who you root for shows something about your personality. … I think Jack and Kate are representative of old-fashioned romance. That kind where it starts as a delicate flower and it sort of blossoms with tender loving care and nurturing. … And with Kate and Sawyer, it's very tense, edgy, a possible love/hate kinda energy, unsettling, darker, but also redeeming in the sense [people] hope his soul can be saved by love," a poster named banshee006 noted.

Though they don't have as many online advocates, I see some sparks between Kate and Sayid, but overall I'd put myself in the Kate-Sawyer camp (I just can't deny Holloway's bad-boy charisma).

As for Kate and Jack ending up together, that just seems too predictable. Maybe the writers can have them yearn for each other but not get together until the second season. (And by the way, what will the writers do in the show's second season – find another island for the cast to get lost on?)

Vote for the castaway you think Kate should end up with on the poll to the left.(here)

(here]The Chicago Tribune)  

Kid Nasty

[~Lady Farowin~]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:22 pm
thanks soooooooo much for posting!!! I love it!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:16 pm
I dunno if this is on here, but there's an interview with Dom about Lost in this month's Dreamwatch. Has many nice pics. There was also another one in it last month.  

lemonhobbit
Captain

lime_hobbit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:31 am
lemonhobbit
I dunno if this is on here, but there's an interview with Dom about Lost in this month's Dreamwatch. Has many nice pics. There was also another one in it last month.

ohhh.. yeah... thats true. but anyway, great job still kid nasty ^_^

sau heart  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:38 pm
The television writer for my local newspaper just did a HUGE article on Lost. Here are some bits of new info:

"Hurley (Jorge Garcia) is the large, friendly man we know too little about. But that's going to change in a future episode in which we discover that he acheived the American dream, only to have things go oh-so-wrong."

"In a recent interview with "Lost" producers Bryan Burk, Damon Lindelof and JJ Abrams, the trio said that Claire was still pregnant and promised "the monster" would be revealed before the end of the season. They did give us one clue: It isn't a dinosaur. We also got him to admit that this thing is bigger than a breadbox (much) and lives in the trees.
But other intrigues will remain.
"There is another mystery that will make the monster pale in comparison," Lindelof promises.""

"We know that actor Greg Grunberg was asked to come back for the season finale. He was the pilot we saw getting ripped out of the cockpit and brutally killed by something we think is the monster.
Or was he killed?"

The article also said that they were going to show the monster in the Boone episode, but they put it off because of the sucess of the show.

Comments?  

sakura no kunoichi

candy_loves_candy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:15 am
Wow...it's really great you take time to post all that information here...It's really good. biggrin wink  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:50 pm
this is some great stuff, thanks!  

dramaqueen1918

kute_koala4

5,850 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:04 am
I heart all this stuff about Dominic Monaghan! wink  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:31 am
great reading thanks  

Lovegun

patile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:11 am
thank you kid Nasty, it's fine!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:37 pm
wow i really enjoyed reading those -i just finished season 1 and love it-i missed the first few of season 2 but i am watching faithfully now smile  

biatchykitty

pretty722

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:14 pm
Bored Felt like posting

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:56 pm
pretty722
Bored Felt like posting

Okay, well please just post if you have something to add.
Thank you.  

xlost_fan122x
Vice Captain

gdsgdsdsg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:48 pm
that stuff you wrote is really advanced how long did it take  
The Lost Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers