Sewing Circle Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mage Coleman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:49 pm
Faeyas
I have an early italian rennisance dress. Its made with real dyed sage linin (My 18th birthday gift from my mother who is the seamstress of the family.) I had help making it from my mom and my step mom. It looks really good right now, I can't wait to wear it publically (although I will be showing it off at the Renn Faire first.).

Ooohhhhh! Is your personna Italian?!? I haven't had the chance to go to an event and register anything yet, but I have begun creating a personna. She's Italian and from the Renaissance time period. Her name is Alessandra Isabetta Sabatella. I have begun designing a dress for her. I think it's gorgeous. Do you have any pattern suggestions? What I was thinking of was a dress with an empirewaist and pleats. The top would have puffed up sleeves at the top and get narrower, ending halfway down my arms. I also designed a laceup vest to wear over the shirt. I've been getting a lot of suggestions from my dad. He's very knowing. xd Do you have any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:39 pm
I hand stich all my garb (sewing mashens scare me...), although only one of my dresses is on that I made myself. If I can find picts of it i'll post them.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:41 am
I'm going to dip my toes into the garb-making pool for the first time this weekend.

This Sunday, a group of us in the BMDL are holding a "Doublet Day", where our friend Sasha is giving a "mini-lesson" (I assume) on garb basics.

You know, for people like me who couldn't sew a button to save their lives. xd sweatdrop

SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff