Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall
New Redwall Book? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What species should the protaginist of the new (if there is one) book?
  Hare
  Badger
  Mouse
  Mole
  Vole
  Otter
  Squirrel
  a human! (no im just kidding, there shall NEVER be a human in redwall
  Hedgehog
  A vermin of any kind
View Results

Mia DesMoines

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:21 pm
xp Eulalia came out Thursday peoples, three guesses what it's about (don't have it yet because I'm waiting to see if my mom's bookstore will get it before Christmas...but three of my friends do and I'm going to ask them to let me borrow it when their done)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:45 am
I like the otters!!!! biggrin biggrin  

The Queen of Crime

CidDiyoko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:56 am
Otters Pwn All. They are the good buccaneers of the Redwall world  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:56 pm
I've already read Eulalia! Beat that! I read it 2 months ago!  

The Queen of Crime

TaijimaNarumi

Bashful Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:11 pm
There's one called Doomwyte coming out some time this year hopefully soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:41 am
"Doomwyte is the twentieth novel in the Redwall series. It is scheduled for publication autumn 2008.

The title is based on the myth of "doom whites", a type of foxfire. According to this particular legend, people would follow the lights into the forest, and never be seen again. It is believed that the main character of the novel will be a raven."

-Wikipedia.

The Redwall Wikia page on Doomwyte gives more information of "doom whites" but doesn't mention a raven. I wonder where the rumor of a raven comes from?

EDIT: "On a brighter note, we asked interior illustrator David Elliot about the book and he's given us the first real hint of what we can expect.

I can confirm that I'm working on [Doomwyte] currently.... As to teases, I'd better leave that to Brian. Perhaps I could say that one of the main animal characters also features in a poem that begins "Once upon a midnight dreary........" "
-The Long Patrol Forums.

Ashley Erin
Vice Captain

7,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Wall Street 200

Shad0wSaint

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:30 am
a raven?odd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:26 pm
Yes, I've heard the raven rumour too. I don't see how Herr Jaques could incorporate the raven (except perhaps as a foebird) but characters such as Gingivere Greeneyes and Blaggut the searat show that sometimes the unusual happens. I'm wondering if The Doomwytes (or maybe it will be like Taggerung, and drop the 'The' when it comes to the States) will be very unusual.  

Discordancy

7,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

SirGriffinEkio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:07 am
Yeah I am looking forward to it myself. I am hoping that it will be a new storyline. I love all the Redwall books but they've become really predictable. I hope there will be a book written about a "good vermin", so we can drop the stereotypes. Maybe the warrior of Redwall could be a fox or ferret!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:29 pm
Anyone else notice how short his books are getting? I bought eulalia high rhulain, and a few others and they were very short compared to his first books. Its like he's leaving out alot of details or something.  

Pirateotter

yournewBFF101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Firinafel
Ugh, badgers.

I'm sorry, I really don't like them... 'cept Blind Cregga. They're so... "Kill all vermin! Eulalia!" They annoy me XP

I was really hoping for a mole hero crying I'll probably still buy it though... Redwall books make me happy, and I still love them.

I know...I don't think there is ever a story where the mole is the main character...don't get me wrong...there have been warrior moles, just not very important ones  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:21 pm
deltastrike4
a raven?odd

I like it...something different  

yournewBFF101

XisTiger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:06 pm
Hooray! A new Redwall Book! I haven't been to my school library because of technical teacher problems, but I want to get back on reading them as soon as possible.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:21 pm
doomwytes was good but now im looking foward to sable queen so yay new book  

L Amant Noir

5,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash