Corset Question Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Corsets? SCA period or post-period?
  technically.... Post-period
  No! SCA-period for sure!
  ...O.O ... now that you mention it - I don't really know!!
  Meh - I don't care! CORSETS FOR EVERYONE! ...even the men! XD
View Results

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:21 pm
Wow .... I guess asking you all to 'just forget it' is no longer an option? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:25 pm
I just pointed out that they don't really list a starting date. Thats all.  

Snaebjorn

Merewen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:01 am
Honestly, Mebd, if I know who, and I do know who since I'm from the Heart-shire.. tell her where to shove it. I hate how people nitpick periods. And hell, nothing makes me feel better about my generous curves then wearing a corset and being on my back giving the Wolf Pack a good view ;D Do you remember that one Penguin Crusade with the impromptu play? Worth every penny that my entirely non-period corset cost me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:06 am
Snaebjorn
600-1600. You better check the main website again. Your missing 5 centuries covered by the SCA time period. In fact it says "from the fall of Rome until 1600"

I remember this as your statement. I remmeber Chibbi and I saying it was vague and you arguing that point now your trying to take our words as credit. WOW you are a Nazi. twisted  

KW-NichtCrawler

KW-NichtCrawler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:07 am
Merewen
Honestly, Mebd, if I know who, and I do know who since I'm from the Heart-shire.. tell her where to shove it. I hate how people nitpick periods. And hell, nothing makes me feel better about my generous curves then wearing a corset and being on my back giving the Wolf Pack a good view ;D Do you remember that one Penguin Crusade with the impromptu play? Worth every penny that my entirely non-period corset cost me.

HUH?????

The view on your back.......well I am not going to touch that statement. pirate  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:12 am
Dea Mariella
ok...technically, the SCA goes from 1100-1600. These are the official dates. And (I forget who posted the Tudor women) that is classic Renaissance, not Medieval, although still allowable. The majority of people in the SCA don't really care about the exact timeperiod...although you're not allowed to wear a kirtle and a farthingale together kind of thing. It just doesn't work.

To the not caring about time period...I saw a woman at Pennsic in classic Greek clothing!

Another poster (I apologize for my terrible memory), made a comment about common women wearing a bodie. Technically, all women wore a pair or bodies. If you actually read the Arnold book, instead of just looking at pictures (I'm really not pointing fingers! The woman who inducted me in proper costuming had "ideas") you'll get a more accurate picture.

Ok...this has now turned into a rant...sorry...but I'll be the first to admit to wearing proper Italian Ren to my prom...red and black velvet all the way folks!

Dea-chan

Yet again...sorry for the speech...

No problem you are correct in those dates being the "focus" periods as the site says: 'concentrating on the Western European High Middle Ages.' But etiquette says it should be said nicer.  

KW-NichtCrawler

KW-NichtCrawler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:18 am
Naito_Mitsukai
Wow .... I guess asking you all to 'just forget it' is no longer an option? sweatdrop

Please do not take this as us being anywhere near angry at you we are just a little irritated at people trying to piss with people without any powder in their cannons. biggrin ->Pirate pirate <-  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:50 am
keeper_of_pain
Merewen

HUH?????

Oh, please do. It was phrased that way for a reason. I'm more bent in the head than Mebd herself. XD  

Merewen

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:13 pm
Merewen
keeper_of_pain
Merewen

HUH?????

Oh, please do. It was phrased that way for a reason. I'm more bent in the head than Mebd herself. XD

.... stare 'Medb' ....  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:13 pm
Keeper of Pain. Shove off. You're being rude and stupid for no reason. They don't list a start date. I'm not saying you didn't say it. But don't insult me again.  

Snaebjorn

Merewen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:28 pm
Naito_Mitsukai

.... stare 'Medb' ....

Sorry, lovely. You know me. Names? Whaaat? I'm better with dates.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:30 pm
*coughs* argumentative much??

Anyway, I rather like wearing corsets too...having the whole narrow waist/super wide hips thing going on ^_^ buuuut my persona is Japanese now so I don't exactly get to do that now unless I just wanna goof off...which is perfectly fine for most of the events I go to so I probably will occasionally, especially during the day since Hakama and the shirt thingy(forget what its called now) aren't exactly summer wear LMFAO.  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Snaebjorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:43 pm
Actually when I go to japanese clothing its generally for the summer. Light weight hakama of habotai silk and the same for the kosode. Makes for some really cool and really nice looking japanese. If you need a cheap source of habotai try www.thaisilks.com  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:22 pm
Merewen
Naito_Mitsukai

.... stare 'Medb' ....

Sorry, lovely. You know me. Names? Whaaat? I'm better with dates.

Not a problem, just wanted to say it so no one else gets it wrong! sweatdrop

keeper_of_pain
Naito_Mitsukai

Please do not take this as us being anywhere near angry at you we are just a little irritated at people trying to piss with people without any powder in their cannons. biggrin ->Pirate pirate <-

personally I don't care if anyone gets mad at me! sweatdrop I ment more the - everybody arguing - part! sweatdrop  

Naito_Mitsukai

KW-NichtCrawler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:59 am
Snaebjorn
Keeper of Pain. Shove off. You're being rude and stupid for no reason. They don't list a start date. I'm not saying you didn't say it. But don't insult me again.

I have not been rude yet. You were being mean to begin with and when you were called on it you whine a bunch of shite that make us believe you are a child. You are the one who said there was a start date. We proved you wrong. You seem to being having issues with being proven wrong. And if you mean the Nazi comment, read back you said you were. To that point you can sod off period 'nazi' have mostly been off kilter since I have been Scadian.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff