I love it!
  Not at all.
  It's just something I do.
View Results

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:38 am
CattiBrieann
HAHA this guild is the BEST!! I've looked over the recipes that have been posted and WILL be trying a few of them for sure. Now it would a CRIME if I did not share my recipe for THE BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!! So here it is...hope some of you try it and enjoy it as much as me and my family do!!

~*~BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER~*~
Pre-heat Oven to 350

1 Cube Margarine

1/2 Cup Shortning

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

~*~Cream Together Above Then Add~*~

2 Eggs

1 tea. Vanilla

~*~Mix Well Then Add~*~

2 1/4 Cups Flour

1 tea. salt

1 tea. soda

~*~Mix Well Then Add~*~

2 Cups Mini Chocolate Chips (works best) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nuts if desired

~*~Mix Well~*~
Spoon out heaping Tablespoon 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
Put in 350 degree oven for 12 mins.

Yum!! Thanks for that!!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:40 am
miyuki
I cook vegetarian, so many of my recipes will
probably fall of deaf ears here, it seems.

Not at all!! I'd guess that I eat meat about once a fortbnight, and the rest of the time it's veggies all the way!! I would love to see some of your recipes!!  

Doressa
Captain

Infernus Angelus

1,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:46 pm
miyuki
I cook vegetarian, so many of my recipes will
probably fall of deaf ears here, it seems.

On the contrary, Vegy cuisine is really really nice. I found that this way of cooking can be really delicious and sometimes surprising with the different tastes and spices used ... It is actually a very inventive cuisine and that's what I love about cooking, inventiveness !!!

So shoot away with vegy recepies !!!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:13 pm
CattiBrieann
HAHA this guild is the BEST!! I've looked over the recipes that have been posted and WILL be trying a few of them for sure. Now it would a CRIME if I did not share my recipe for THE BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!! So here it is...hope some of you try it and enjoy it as much as me and my family do!!

~*~BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER~*~
Pre-heat Oven to 350

1 Cube Margarine

1/2 Cup Shortning

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

~*~Cream Together Above Then Add~*~

2 Eggs

1 tea. Vanilla

~*~Mix Well Then Add~*~

2 1/4 Cups Flour

1 tea. salt

1 tea. soda

~*~Mix Well Then Add~*~

2 Cups Mini Chocolate Chips (works best) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nuts if desired

~*~Mix Well~*~
Spoon out heaping Tablespoon 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
Put in 350 degree oven for 12 mins.

Translation please. How much margarine is in a "cube"  

Prince Mykal

Prince Mykal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:36 pm
Awesome Bread and Butter Pickles

(A homemade sweet pickle that actually has nothing to do with bread and butter that I am aware of)

1 gallon of fresh sliced cucumbers
7 small (billiard ball size) sliced onions
5 cups Sugar
3 cups plain white vinegar
1/4 cup salt
2 cups water
2 tsp mustard seed
1 tsp celery seed
1 1/2 tsp tumeric

You can use 4 1/2 tsp of pickling spice in place of the last three but I prefer the three seperate ingredients to the mix.

Mix all of the ingredients except the cucumbers and onions over medium to low heat. DO NOT BOIL. Once the sugar is dissolved, add the cucs and onions. The level of your veggies will be way above that of your liquid but as you heat the mix, your liquid level will rise and the veggies will shrink. Continue to heat without boiling until the rind of the cucumber changes color. My cucumbers were a dark green and turned to somewhat of an olive color. Once all of the cucumbers have changed color, pack them into your canning jars (see below) and top off the jars with some of the liquid and seal. Best eaten cold.

Canning jar prep: This recipe will make 3 1/2 to 4 quarts of pickles so make sure you have enough jars before you begin. I use the quart size. Make sure your jars are clean. Heat a pot of water large enough to hold at least a couple of jars. Prior to filling the jars, put them in the pot of hot water along with the lids and rings. As you take a jar out to fill it, put another jar in the pot. When you fill a hot jar with the hot pickles and cap it with the hot lid, a seal will form when the full jar cools. You should be able to see the lid has a slight depression once the jar is cooled. Properly sealed, these will keep for a long time. With this pickle recipe, be sure to really pack the pickles in because they will shrink a bit as they cool. I also recommend topping the jar off with some of the liquid so that there is next to no air in the jar once it is sealed.

I have made three batches of these so far this year. They are delicious.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:57 am
This is my favorite recipe because it's wonderful, fast, and you can microvave it!

Tiger Butter
One LB white chocolate (cut into one inch square peices)
16 oz cruncy Peanut Butter
One cup semi sweet chocolate morsels

Microwave the white chocolate for 2 mins
stir and blend in the peanut butter
Microwave again for 2 mins
in a seperate bowl microwave the chocolate for 2 mins
as that is cooking pour your white chocolate/peanut butter mixture in a baking pan WITH SIDES. Spread it all out and make it as even as you can
As artfully as you can, spread the melted chocolate over the mixture making the 'tiger' stripes.
Put some clear plastic over the whole pan and refregerate for at LEAST two hours (I away do overnight)
Enjoy!

I have made this on several occasions and it is always a hit. People can't believe how easy it is!  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

lunashock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:30 pm
A cube, if I had to guess, is usually a tablespoon. But I'm picky and only use butter, so that would be a pat.

I am seriously craving some fried green tomatoes right now, I'm going to have to find some and make them. I'll have to post my recipe, it's really easy!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:09 pm
My only knowledge of fried green tomatoes is that I've heard of the movie of the same name -I'd love to see your recipe and find out what exactly they are!!!!  

Doressa
Captain

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:10 am
Just thought I'd add a yummy fritatta recipe I recently tried!

Ingredients:
250g philidelphia cream cheese
3 eggs
2 tablespoons flour
cheese
whatever bits and pieces you'd like to add! I used mushrooms, ham, green capsicum and a small red onion.

Basically just soften the cream cheese, add all your random bits -as long as you don't go too crazy, and everything gets covered by the mixture, exact amounts don't matter- add the eggs (beaten) and the flour, and mix the whole lot thoroughly, then spoon it into muffin or mini loaf pans and top it with some grated cheese. Pop it into the oven until it sets and the cheese browns slightly. Remove and place on cooling tray, then serve with salad. So simple and yummy!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:22 pm
wow! I'm so glad this is here! The only thing I have in my apartment is a stove/oven and a crock pot/slowcooker. So the slowcooker recipes are awesome and I"m definitely going to try them after I go to the market.

What about get well food? I'm afraid I'm getting sick and was wondering if there were some easy recipes that might help make my throat feel better?
*sniffle sniffle*  

araturien

NessaChan
Crew

Sparkly Nerd

8,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:30 pm
EeEh.. I can't believe I haven't visited this thread yet. I love cooking, I have tons of recipes to share if anybody wants them! =)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:15 pm
Luna's Fried Green Tomatoes

-Green tomatoes (just unripe ones) as many as you'd like--sliced abotu 1/4 inch thick or preference.

-Egg

-Milk

-Flour

-Cornmeal

-Salt/Pepper

-Paprika

-Cayenne pepper

-Oil for frying

Heat oil to 375 degrees. Slice tomatoes to desired thickness. I will say no thicker than 1/2 an inch. Pour a couple splashes of milk in with an egg in a bowl and beat the egg with a fork or wisk. In a shallow dish or plate, mix an equal amount (i.e. 1 cup cornmeal, 1 cup flour) of cornmeal and flour. Sprinkle in paprika, cayenne pepper, salt/pepper to taste (I like mine a bit spicier) into the flour/cornmeal mix. Dip tomato slices into eggwash, then to flour mix, then put into the fryer. Fry until golden brown and drain on paper towels.  

lunashock

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:18 pm
araturien
wow! I'm so glad this is here! The only thing I have in my apartment is a stove/oven and a crock pot/slowcooker. So the slowcooker recipes are awesome and I"m definitely going to try them after I go to the market.

What about get well food? I'm afraid I'm getting sick and was wondering if there were some easy recipes that might help make my throat feel better?
*sniffle sniffle*

Aww, sorry to hear you're not feeling well!! When I'm getting sick, my boyfriend always makes me a soup. It's really basic, but soothing and has lots of "get well" things in it.

I think he just puts some chicken stock in a saucepan and heats it up, then adds lots of fresh garlic and ginger and some noodles. Depending on how bad I'm feeling, he might throw in a few veggies occasionally...it's pretty potent with all the ginger and garlic, but really good for your throat! 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:19 pm
NessaChan
EeEh.. I can't believe I haven't visited this thread yet. I love cooking, I have tons of recipes to share if anybody wants them! =)

I'd love to see them!!!!  

Doressa
Captain

giggles6172

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:02 pm
Mmmmm..... I love cooking and baking I will have to pull out some of my mom's recipes that I use from being passed down over generations. I can not wait to see what comes next.  
21+

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff