View Results

KonstantinJ

1,250 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:08 pm
Dema
I wouldn't sing in a million years but you can certainly read one of my more favorite SCA songs 3nodding

dema

Loki Loves Me

Loki loves me this I know, for last night he told me so,
little ones to him belong, we teach them to sing this song...

CHORUS:
Yes, Loki loves me.
Yes, Loki loves me.
Yes, Loki loves me, last night he told me so.

Monday morning I woke up,
found piss in my coffee cup,
s**t upon the kitchen floor,
slid on it, right out the door.

CHORUS

Tuesday, while I was at work,
In the office Loki lurked.
Even though he was not seen,
my Secretary said: "That?s quite obscene!"

CHORUS

Wednesday morning, Grandma came,
Loki found a saucy dame!
Found her tied up to the bed,
grin on her face, half near dead...

CHORUS

Thursday while I was gone,
Loki mowed the neighbor?s lawn.
Even though it was done for free,
My neighbors are now, suing me.

CHORUS

Friday when I arose,
I found matchsticks between my toes.
Loki, at the edge, his eyes wide and bright,
says to me: "Hey Buddy! Got a light?"

CHORUS

Saturday he would not leave,
even though I begged and plead.
To my wails he would not beseech,
he said: "I think, I'll stay another week..."

CHORUS

Sunday morning, peaceful dawn.
I wake up and *LOKI'S GONE!!!
**Found a note tied to the door.
"Buy more mead, I'm bringing THOR".

***CHORUS

NOTES
* yell and cheer this statement.
** look confused and stop everyone from shouting, then reach out and grab ahold as if you are pulling a note from a door.
*** cry this verse, lol.

strangely enough, this reminds me of an online comic that my roommates gotten me addicted to. It incorporates a lot of mythology and such...it cracked me up when i got to the last part. It seems like stuff that Loki really would do...
here's the link if you'd like to read it...
http://www.sgvy.com/archives/index.html  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:46 am
KonstantinJ
Dema
I wouldn't sing in a million years but you can certainly read one of my more favorite SCA songs 3nodding

dema

Loki Loves Me

Loki loves me this I know, for last night he told me so,
little ones to him belong, we teach them to sing this song...

CHORUS:
Yes, Loki loves me.
Yes, Loki loves me.
Yes, Loki loves me, last night he told me so.

Monday morning I woke up,
found piss in my coffee cup,
s**t upon the kitchen floor,
slid on it, right out the door.

CHORUS

Tuesday, while I was at work,
In the office Loki lurked.
Even though he was not seen,
my Secretary said: "That?s quite obscene!"

CHORUS

Wednesday morning, Grandma came,
Loki found a saucy dame!
Found her tied up to the bed,
grin on her face, half near dead...

CHORUS

Thursday while I was gone,
Loki mowed the neighbor?s lawn.
Even though it was done for free,
My neighbors are now, suing me.

CHORUS

Friday when I arose,
I found matchsticks between my toes.
Loki, at the edge, his eyes wide and bright,
says to me: "Hey Buddy! Got a light?"

CHORUS

Saturday he would not leave,
even though I begged and plead.
To my wails he would not beseech,
he said: "I think, I'll stay another week..."

CHORUS

Sunday morning, peaceful dawn.
I wake up and *LOKI'S GONE!!!
**Found a note tied to the door.
"Buy more mead, I'm bringing THOR".

***CHORUS

NOTES
* yell and cheer this statement.
** look confused and stop everyone from shouting, then reach out and grab ahold as if you are pulling a note from a door.
*** cry this verse, lol.

strangely enough, this reminds me of an online comic that my roommates gotten me addicted to. It incorporates a lot of mythology and such...it cracked me up when i got to the last part. It seems like stuff that Loki really would do...
here's the link if you'd like to read it...
http://www.sgvy.com/archives/index.html

BTW, thats a really good online comic! >.<  

Chibbi_Satan

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:16 am
I was going to post this somewhere else, but it fit this topic better.

My father had this sneaky trick he and his squires would do when they went to battle. You see, his unoffical title was "The Bunny Lord", so he would up getting all sorts of rabbit parafenila. One such was a rabbit-shaped lolipop mould, which his lady used to make a series of chocolete lolipops.

Wait, the "Bash here" is coming.

So he and his men took these chocolet rabbits and duct-taped the sticks to their helmets just before they went into battle. Invariably, their opponents swung for the rabbit, attempting to knock it off the helms. Then of course they left themselves open.

AElfwine the bunny lord came back with a melted, but otherwise intact rabbit. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:01 am
Kittywitch
I was going to post this somewhere else, but it fit this topic better.

My father had this sneaky trick he and his squires would do when they went to battle. You see, his unoffical title was "The Bunny Lord", so he would up getting all sorts of rabbit parafenila. One such was a rabbit-shaped lolipop mould, which his lady used to make a series of chocolete lolipops.

Wait, the "Bash here" is coming.

So he and his men took these chocolet rabbits and duct-taped the sticks to their helmets just before they went into battle. Invariably, their opponents swung for the rabbit, attempting to knock it off the helms. Then of course they left themselves open.

AElfwine the bunny lord came back with a melted, but otherwise intact rabbit. ^^

lol good story  

endragh

Friendly Fairy

endragh

Friendly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:31 am
i just made up on last night and now i will share it here.

swing your ax
by: Mairgred Ni'Loingsigh(might change my name soon)

swing swing swing your ax
as you march the field
killing killing killing killing
what a thing to feel.

(short but sweet lol)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:43 am
This isn't so much a story as a prophecy: And seriously, pay attention. I won't be wrong. It'll happen. In 3 weeks.

This year there was no Great Western War and Estrella is another hour farther away than it should be, in a mystery site.

Clearly the end is nigh.

And so ride the Four Horsemen. Should you be at Estrella (and really, who isn't?), search ye upon the field for Them, that you may stand aside and be spared.

Revalations of Nightshade:
Death rydes first amonge Them, willowy and fine. Behind him flowes a pallorous cape and carries he with hym a mighty sword. Ye shall know him also by the skulls upon him: upon his chest, upon his shield, upon his back.

Wherever Death shall ryde he ushereth a great spiryt alle in red: Roman resurrect, he is called to take the peace from men. His tunic and his cloak be dipped in blood--take heed it be not yours. He bears a glaive, for the reach of War is long.

Beside them rydes a Pestilence, in mawkish green. She wears the masque of Death, and carries with her a baleful sword and strong, fine shield-- Upon her shield, a cursed bird, an eater of the dead.

Behind the plague rydes Famine, black and cold. His great long mace leaves fruitless devastation in its wake. He feeds on mortal hunger and destruction, for he is the anethema of Christ.[/prophecy]  

[Atropa Belladonna]

Regular Polyhedra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:56 am
Naito_Mitsukai
hey! does anyone know that song *forget what it's called*

it's about a boy growing up, and becoming a night ... and i think one of the lines is "i will live by my oath 'till i die" i think ... and it's kinda repetative, with only a few things changing in the chorus

does anyone know what i'm talking about sweatdrop

cuz i really want to learn that song!! whee heart

It's called Born on the Listfield, I think. As far as I know, it's still not supposed to be written down.
It's a gorgeous song, though. I want to learn it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:17 pm
The writer just recently released the rights to writing down "Born on the Listfield" which was done publically on the SCA-Bards list. (Wonderful list for those like me who love the bardic arts).

He would prefer if it was still passed on by voice. Amazingly enough he feels that the experiment failed as there really is so little variation on the wording. People were so impressed with him never wanting it written down that nearly everyone just memorized the original. *laughs* Rather impressive.

I could post the words if people are truly interested in seeing it.  

Snaebjorn

Regular Polyhedra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:33 pm
Oh oh oh, this is one of my favorite songs to perform. Usually with my mum. There's a few variations on both tune and lyrics, these are just the lyrics I learned. biggrin Sorry it's kinda long.

*=Audience participation

The Ol' Dun Cow
Some friends and I in a public house
Were playin' dominoes one night
When into the room a fireman came
His face all chalky white
"What's up," says Brown
"Have you seen a ghost?
Have you seen me Aunt Moriah?"

"Well your Aunt Moriah be buggered!" says he,
"The bleedin' pub's on fire!"
"Oh," says Brown, "What a bit of luck."
"Everybody follow me.
It's down to the celler,
an' if the fire's not there
Then we'll have a grand ol' spree!"

So we all went down
After good old Brown
But the booze we could not miss!
And we hadn't been there ten minutes or more
'Till we were quite like this...

(Chorus)
And there was Brown all upside down!
Lappin' up the whiskey on the floor!
"Booze! Booze!" the firemen cried,
As they came knockin' on the door!
(knock twice on something*)
"Well, don't let 'em in 'till it's all drunk up,
Somebody shout it McIntyre!"
"McIntyre!*"
An' we all got blue-blind, paralytic drunk
When the Ol' Dun Cow caught fire..

Smith walked over the the Port wine tub
And gave it just a few hard knocks
(knock twice)
He started takin' off his pantaloons,
Likewise his shoes and socks!
"Oh no," Says Brown, "That ain't allowed!
You can't do that thing here!
Don't go washin' your trotters in the Port wine tub,
When we've got some Guinness's beer!"

(Chorus)

Then there came a mighty crash,
Half the bloody roof caved in!
We were drownin' in the fireman's hose
'Till we were almost...sober...(brief fearful pause)
So, we got some tacks and some old wet socks
And we tacked ourselves inside!
And we sat there getting bleary-eyed drunk
While the Ol' Dun Cow got fried.

And...
There was Brown all upside down!
(knock twice*)
Everyone shout it McIntyre!"
"McIntyre!*"

When the Ol' Dun Cow caught fire.

The last "McIntyre" should be the loudest, and I usually slow down the last two lines for a dramatic ending.
3nodding
In my experience, this song generally is best performed with more than one person and a drunk (or very party-minded) audience.
heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:39 pm
The amazing work of...
Rathflaed DuNoir
The Black Bard of Meridies
mka: Stephen R. Melvin

Beowulf

See Grendel. See Grendel eat. Eat, Grendel, eat. Grendel is eating a few Danish for breakfast. Grendel especially likes the ones with the yellow coating on top. This is good because there are so many of them.

Yummy!

See Hrothgar. He is sad. Sad, sad, sad. His warriors are leaving. They are sad because Grendel has eaten many of their friends. They do not want to play with Grendel anymore because Grendel is mean.

Hrothgar is also sad because his food is almost gone. Grendel eats the cows and pigs and horsies, too. Grendel is very hungry. Eat, Grendel, eat. Hrothgar is also sad because his wife will not stop complaining. Whine, wife, whine. Hrothgar has tried to stop listening to her for three days now.

Drink, Hrothgar, drink. Hrothgar is almost out of mead. Poor Hrothgar.

See Beowulf. He is big and strong and handsome. He has long Viking braids and pointy horns on his hat and a really big sword. Ooh, Beowulf, ooh! He is sailing to Denmark to visit Hrothgar.

Sail, Beowulf, sail. He does not know that Hrothgar is almost out of mead. Poor Beowulf.

Beowulf likes to sail. Beowulf likes to drink even more. Poor Beowulf. When he gets to Denmark, there is only enough mead left for one feast. Poor Beowulf. Poor Hrothgar. Poor warriors. Poor Grendel. Beowulf is very mad. Mad, mad, mad.

Beowulf vows to slay Grendel. Vow, Beowulf, vow. He promises to do many great feats. He swears to return with Grendel's head. Drink, Beowulf, drink.

Beowulf is lying very still. Is he waiting to surprise Grendel? No, he is not waiting to surprise Grendel. Is he meditating? No, he is not meditating. Is he practicing an Arcane magical ritual involving a lawn chair, six milk bottles and a tuning fork? No, he is unconscious. Won't he be surprised when he wakes up and they tell him about his promises?

Won't he be happy to know that he has a quest? Won't he feel grand when the warriors cheer him? No, Beowulf will not feel grand for awhile. He has a headache. Poor Beowulf. Please stop cheering warriors.

O see the castle. It is very quiet. Is it quiet because everyone is afraid of Grendel? No it is not quiet because everyone is afraid of Grendel. Is it quiet because everyone is afraid of Beowulf? Yet, it is because everyone is afraid of Beowulf. Beowulf has had a very bad headache for three days. Last night, Beowulf's head hurt so bad that he was very mad. Mad, mad, mad. Grendel came over to play and made too much noise. Beowulf was very upset. Beowulf was so upset that he ripped Grendel's arm off and hung it over the door. Poor Grendel. Poor warriors. Smile at Beowulf. Just do it quietly.

O see the feast hall. It is bright and cheery. There is food on the tables and mead in the horns and a great big arm over the door. See the feasters. They are singing and laughing and drinking. Are they happy that Grendel is dead? Yes, they are happy that Grendel is dead.

Are they happy that they can laugh and sing and play again? Yes, they are they happy that they can laugh and sing and play again. But most of all they are happy that there is more mead. Drink, Beowulf, drink.

O see Hrothgar. He is happy. Happy, happy, happy.

Is he happy that Grendel is dead? Is he happy that there is more mead? Yes, but he is mostly happy because his wife has stopped complaining. Smile, Hrothgar, smile.

O see Grendel's mother. She is sad. Sad, sad, sad. Is she sad because Grendel is gone? Is she sad because her other children never call? Is she sad because the Angels are losing again? Yes, she is sad because of all these things. But she is mostly sad because she won't get any more mother's day presents. This makes her mad. Mad, mad, mad.

She gets so mad that she decides to have some Danish for dessert. That is silly. Everyone knows that you are supposed to have Danish for breakfast.

Silly, silly, silly.

In fact it is so silly that we think that Grendel's mother may have had something besides food for dinner. We think that Grendel's mother may have been drinking. Just like Beowulf.

O see Beowulf. Now that there is mead again he is drinking some more. Drink, Beowulf, drink. When Grendel's mother comes to the feast, Beowulf has already drunk quite a bit. So has Grendel's mother. He thinks she is the most beautiful woman in the world and makes a pass at her. Pass, Beowulf, pass. She is caught off guard and says no. Tease, monster, tease. Beowulf tries again. She leaves and he goes home with her. Grendel's mother was never heard from again. Beowulf was very quiet about the whole situation.

Quiet, quiet, quiet.  

MorganOfCalafia

[Atropa Belladonna]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:25 am
UnseelieSidhe
Oh oh oh, this is one of my favorite songs to perform. Usually with my mum. There's a few variations on both tune and lyrics, these are just the lyrics I learned. biggrin Sorry it's kinda long.

*=Audience participation

The Ol' Dun Cow
Some friends and I in a public house
Were playin' dominoes one night
When into the room a fireman came
His face all chalky white
"What's up," says Brown
"Have you seen a ghost?
Have you seen me Aunt Moriah?"

"Well your Aunt Moriah be buggered!" says he,
"The bleedin' pub's on fire!"
"Oh," says Brown, "What a bit of luck."
"Everybody follow me.
It's down to the celler,
an' if the fire's not there
Then we'll have a grand ol' spree!"

So we all went down
After good old Brown
But the booze we could not miss!
And we hadn't been there ten minutes or more
'Till we were quite like this...

(Chorus)
And there was Brown all upside down!
(knock twice on something*)
Somebody shout it McIntyre!"
"McIntyre!*"
When the Ol' Dun Cow caught fire..

Smith walked over the the Port wine tub
And gave it just a few hard knocks
(knock twice)
He started takin' off his pantaloons,
Likewise his shoes and socks!
"Oh no," Says Brown, "That ain't allowed!
You can't do that thing here!
Don't go washin' your trotters in the Port wine tub,
When we've got some Guinness's beer!"

(Chorus)

Then there came a mighty crash,
Half the bloody roof caved in!
We were drownin' in the fireman's hose
'Till we were almost...sober...(brief fearful pause)
So, we got some tacks and some old wet socks
And we tacked ourselves inside!
And we sat there getting bleary-eyed drunk
While the Ol' Dun Cow got fried.

And...
There was Brown all upside down!
(knock twice*)
Everyone shout it McIntyre!"
"McIntyre!*"

When the Ol' Dun Cow caught fire.

The last "McIntyre" should be the loudest, and I usually slow down the last two lines for a dramatic ending.
3nodding
In my experience, this song generally is best performed with more than one person and a drunk (or very party-minded) audience.
heart

I LOVE this song.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:26 am
There's a song I just wrote but I can't post it until after Estrella (the timing of the debut is important!)  

[Atropa Belladonna]

Nerienda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:41 pm
This is only a fragment. It's a work in progress, telling the tale of my household's various hiccups in traveling to and from events. This bit comes from four cars in a caravan trying to negotiate the traffic on the interstate on a major national holiday, and the lead driver sending everyone on a merry chase across the back roads. This was filked on the spot, when the drivers of the other cars realized that none of them had any two-way radios to contact the lead car, and everyone's cell phones were either buried deep in the gear bags our out of battery power...

Sung to the tune of "The Wassail Song":

"Here we go a-wandering this highway up and down;
That sign; it looks familiar! Max has turned us all around!
Where the hell have we gone?
Why the hell we follow John?..."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:59 pm
Nerienda
This is only a fragment. It's a work in progress, telling the tale of my household's various hiccups in traveling to and from events. This bit comes from four cars in a caravan trying to negotiate the traffic on the interstate on a major national holiday, and the lead driver sending everyone on a merry chase across the back roads. This was filked on the spot, when the drivers of the other cars realized that none of them had any two-way radios to contact the lead car, and everyone's cell phones were either buried deep in the gear bags our out of battery power...

Sung to the tune of "The Wassail Song":

"Here we go a-wandering this highway up and down;
That sign; it looks familiar! Max has turned us all around!
Where the hell have we gone?
Why the hell we follow John?..."
My god. I love this. You must write more.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:40 am
ResidentOfDarkness
The amazing work of...
Rathflaed DuNoir
The Black Bard of Meridies
mka: Stephen R. Melvin

Beowulf

See Grendel. See Grendel eat. Eat, Grendel, eat. Grendel is eating a few Danish for breakfast. Grendel especially likes the ones with the yellow coating on top. This is good because there are so many of them.

Yummy!

See Hrothgar. He is sad. Sad, sad, sad. His warriors are leaving. They are sad because Grendel has eaten many of their friends. They do not want to play with Grendel anymore because Grendel is mean.

Hrothgar is also sad because his food is almost gone. Grendel eats the cows and pigs and horsies, too. Grendel is very hungry. Eat, Grendel, eat. Hrothgar is also sad because his wife will not stop complaining. Whine, wife, whine. Hrothgar has tried to stop listening to her for three days now.

Drink, Hrothgar, drink. Hrothgar is almost out of mead. Poor Hrothgar.

See Beowulf. He is big and strong and handsome. He has long Viking braids and pointy horns on his hat and a really big sword. Ooh, Beowulf, ooh! He is sailing to Denmark to visit Hrothgar.

Sail, Beowulf, sail. He does not know that Hrothgar is almost out of mead. Poor Beowulf.

Beowulf likes to sail. Beowulf likes to drink even more. Poor Beowulf. When he gets to Denmark, there is only enough mead left for one feast. Poor Beowulf. Poor Hrothgar. Poor warriors. Poor Grendel. Beowulf is very mad. Mad, mad, mad.

Beowulf vows to slay Grendel. Vow, Beowulf, vow. He promises to do many great feats. He swears to return with Grendel's head. Drink, Beowulf, drink.

Beowulf is lying very still. Is he waiting to surprise Grendel? No, he is not waiting to surprise Grendel. Is he meditating? No, he is not meditating. Is he practicing an Arcane magical ritual involving a lawn chair, six milk bottles and a tuning fork? No, he is unconscious. Won't he be surprised when he wakes up and they tell him about his promises?

Won't he be happy to know that he has a quest? Won't he feel grand when the warriors cheer him? No, Beowulf will not feel grand for awhile. He has a headache. Poor Beowulf. Please stop cheering warriors.

O see the castle. It is very quiet. Is it quiet because everyone is afraid of Grendel? No it is not quiet because everyone is afraid of Grendel. Is it quiet because everyone is afraid of Beowulf? Yet, it is because everyone is afraid of Beowulf. Beowulf has had a very bad headache for three days. Last night, Beowulf's head hurt so bad that he was very mad. Mad, mad, mad. Grendel came over to play and made too much noise. Beowulf was very upset. Beowulf was so upset that he ripped Grendel's arm off and hung it over the door. Poor Grendel. Poor warriors. Smile at Beowulf. Just do it quietly.

O see the feast hall. It is bright and cheery. There is food on the tables and mead in the horns and a great big arm over the door. See the feasters. They are singing and laughing and drinking. Are they happy that Grendel is dead? Yes, they are happy that Grendel is dead.

Are they happy that they can laugh and sing and play again? Yes, they are they happy that they can laugh and sing and play again. But most of all they are happy that there is more mead. Drink, Beowulf, drink.

O see Hrothgar. He is happy. Happy, happy, happy.

Is he happy that Grendel is dead? Is he happy that there is more mead? Yes, but he is mostly happy because his wife has stopped complaining. Smile, Hrothgar, smile.

O see Grendel's mother. She is sad. Sad, sad, sad. Is she sad because Grendel is gone? Is she sad because her other children never call? Is she sad because the Angels are losing again? Yes, she is sad because of all these things. But she is mostly sad because she won't get any more mother's day presents. This makes her mad. Mad, mad, mad.

She gets so mad that she decides to have some Danish for dessert. That is silly. Everyone knows that you are supposed to have Danish for breakfast.

Silly, silly, silly.

In fact it is so silly that we think that Grendel's mother may have had something besides food for dinner. We think that Grendel's mother may have been drinking. Just like Beowulf.

O see Beowulf. Now that there is mead again he is drinking some more. Drink, Beowulf, drink. When Grendel's mother comes to the feast, Beowulf has already drunk quite a bit. So has Grendel's mother. He thinks she is the most beautiful woman in the world and makes a pass at her. Pass, Beowulf, pass. She is caught off guard and says no. Tease, monster, tease. Beowulf tries again. She leaves and he goes home with her. Grendel's mother was never heard from again. Beowulf was very quiet about the whole situation.

Quiet, quiet, quiet.

OMG LMFAO!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas