Submit

Going to Pennsic?
  Yes!
  No. T_T
View Results

passionatepurple

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:44 am
TN_Lark
Oh Yeah! I'll be there both weeks. I camp with the Great Dark Horde -- right next to the "Stone House".

Drop by and ask for "Lark" (that's my call name in camp)

Iofa ferch Macsen
Somebody that is in the horde owns my sister. I think that its funny when she gets sad cause the guy who bought her never came to get her...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:29 pm
we should figure out when we are all gonna ber there and meet by the house o' swirling watters... aka the showers and flushies... cause when I'm not working thats where I usually hang out... under the deck on the side... with the "Zebras" as I call them...  

passionatepurple

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:37 pm
Llelwyn
Who all is going to Pennsic this year? This is going to be my first time there, and my 21st birthday also happens to occur during War Week *does a little dance*.

I think we should have a Gaia SCA guild meetup.
It's your first time?
Have you heard the legend of the Leech Lord?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:20 pm
Kittywitch
Llelwyn
Who all is going to Pennsic this year? This is going to be my first time there, and my 21st birthday also happens to occur during War Week *does a little dance*.

It's your first time?
It is my first time, and no I haven't. eek  

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

Nycto

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:49 pm
xp wouldnt miss it for anything
4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:38 pm
Llelwyn
Kittywitch
Llelwyn

It's your first time?

Well, understand, this story is third hand. I heard it from Lady Arastorm the golden, who heard it from Tirloc the profane. And you are hearing it from AElfthyrth the cat.

This takes place around AS teens at Pennsic. Those days, while it was at Cooper's Lake, you could still bring a minor to Pennsic with just a note from their parents. That year, there had been a rumor that the Leech Lake was called this because it was full of leeches. This, as it happens, wasn't true, but the chirugens put a bounty on leeches, because 1) a dried leech in a jar made a cool prop for chirugens, and 2)this proved how hard it was to actually find a leech on site, and got rid of what little there were. As such, leeches were on everyone's mind.

Now, Tirloc had brought a sixteen-year-old boy named Micheal with him, and it was Micheal's first Pennsic. It might have even been his first SCA event. There were camping by Willow point, which is right next to the lake. A few days into the event, they were sitting around a campfire, telling stories and singing, as often happens at Pennsic. As also often happens, a stranger in a black wool cloak joined the campfire and shared stories with them. He never showed his face. The stranger told a strange story, regarding the Leech Lord, a ten-foot leech living in the waters off of Willow point. The leech lord, naturally, was a centient leech, or at least his followers believed, who demanded the sacrifice of one Pennsic virgin a year. A Pennsic virgin, of course, being someone whom has never been to Pennsic before, not a virgin at Pennsic. (The first being much easier to find) This sacrific would be cast off of the aptly named Slippery Rock and into the waters to be consumed by the leech lord. He ended his story with the warning that if you heard someone calling your name outside your tent at night, don't go out. As he told this story, Tirloc noticed Micheal's eyes getting bigger and bigger, and his knuckles whitening, and various often signs of stress in young men. Tirloc changed the subject, and the stranger left the campfire. At this point Tirloc asked if anyone around the campfire knew who the stranger in the black cloak was. Of course, no one did.
The stranger and his story where forgotten for a few days, until Micheal was in his tent, setting down to sleep, when he heard a voice calling outside his tent.
"...Micheal... ...Micheal... the leech lord wants you, Micheal..." For some reason known only to Micheal, he went out. Micheal was immediately jumped by five? seven? nine? figures in black cloaks and hoods (it was dark, they were in black, and he was in bad postion for counting) who picked him up, and started carrying him towards the lake, chanting "Leech lord, leech lord, leech lord..." The combination of a undetermined number of figures in black cloaks and hoods chanting and Micheal screaming woke Tirloc, who ran out of his tent and saw Micheal being carried towards the water. Tirloc ran for them, screaming "WAIT! I promised his mother I'd bring him back!" Tirloc was a fighter, and no small fellow, but there were an undetermined number of them, and he only managed to get to them as they were standing directly on Slippery Rock, and swinging Micheal over the water, their chant replaced with "One, two-" Tirloc just managed to grab Micheal's ankle then, at which point the figures dropped him and disappeared into the night, which is easy enough to do in black cloaks and hoods and harder to do when one is surrounded by water on three sides.
Once he had been brought back to camp and calmed down a bit, others began to joke about the whole experience. Micheal, obviously, was favored by the leech lord, since he was the only known sacrifice to be spared. He was also the only known sacrifice, but that's beside the point. This fact caused others to give him the nickname Micheal the Leech Priest. (Another SCA name blank the blank!) That year he got a Christmas card addressed to Micheal the Leech Priest, signed the leech lord, and postmarked Slippery Rock, Pennsilvania.
I tell this story to all Pennsic virgins I meet, and with it I give the warning, If you're a Pennsic virgin and you hear someone calling your name outside your tent at night, don go out.

This is a true story. Hunt down Tirloc if you don't believe me.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:29 pm
That's awesome. Very very awesome. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:30 am
I can't believe I was never told this. I was a Pennsic virgin last year. Damn. xd  

xxDethWishxx

Dalcor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:53 am
Im not going, I will be next year in most probability though XD. The knight training me in Heavy combat, howerver is going, he goes by Decker Hawkeswood. Anyone know him, lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:03 am
:: eek @ Leech Lord story::

I wouldn't put it past anyone in my camp to try that with me or my lord.

I scare pretty easily. . . sweatdrop whee

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

dkabyssaldragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:39 am
passionatepurple
dkabyssaldragon
i would take my gf to pennsic but it would be her first event and i think pre-reg is done and i dont think her parrents would let her go
She would go into sensory overload. I took my best friend and she almost had a mental break down... It was weird...

well she's seen a lttle of what we do and seems interested  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:47 am
Kittywitch
Llelwyn
Kittywitch
Llelwyn

It's your first time?

Well, understand, this story is third hand. I heard it from Lady Arastorm the golden, who heard it from Tirloc the profane. And you are hearing it from AElfthyrth the cat.

This takes place around AS teens at Pennsic. Those days, while it was at Cooper's Lake, you could still bring a minor to Pennsic with just a note from their parents. That year, there had been a rumor that the Leech Lake was called this because it was full of leeches. This, as it happens, wasn't true, but the chirugens put a bounty on leeches, because 1) a dried leech in a jar made a cool prop for chirugens, and 2)this proved how hard it was to actually find a leech on site, and got rid of what little there were. As such, leeches were on everyone's mind.

Now, Tirloc had brought a sixteen-year-old boy named Micheal with him, and it was Micheal's first Pennsic. It might have even been his first SCA event. There were camping by Willow point, which is right next to the lake. A few days into the event, they were sitting around a campfire, telling stories and singing, as often happens at Pennsic. As also often happens, a stranger in a black wool cloak joined the campfire and shared stories with them. He never showed his face. The stranger told a strange story, regarding the Leech Lord, a ten-foot leech living in the waters off of Willow point. The leech lord, naturally, was a centient leech, or at least his followers believed, who demanded the sacrifice of one Pennsic virgin a year. A Pennsic virgin, of course, being someone whom has never been to Pennsic before, not a virgin at Pennsic. (The first being much easier to find) This sacrific would be cast off of the aptly named Slippery Rock and into the waters to be consumed by the leech lord. He ended his story with the warning that if you heard someone calling your name outside your tent at night, don't go out. As he told this story, Tirloc noticed Micheal's eyes getting bigger and bigger, and his knuckles whitening, and various often signs of stress in young men. Tirloc changed the subject, and the stranger left the campfire. At this point Tirloc asked if anyone around the campfire knew who the stranger in the black cloak was. Of course, no one did.
The stranger and his story where forgotten for a few days, until Micheal was in his tent, setting down to sleep, when he heard a voice calling outside his tent.
"...Micheal... ...Micheal... the leech lord wants you, Micheal..." For some reason known only to Micheal, he went out. Micheal was immediately jumped by five? seven? nine? figures in black cloaks and hoods (it was dark, they were in black, and he was in bad postion for counting) who picked him up, and started carrying him towards the lake, chanting "Leech lord, leech lord, leech lord..." The combination of a undetermined number of figures in black cloaks and hoods chanting and Micheal screaming woke Tirloc, who ran out of his tent and saw Micheal being carried towards the water. Tirloc ran for them, screaming "WAIT! I promised his mother I'd bring him back!" Tirloc was a fighter, and no small fellow, but there were an undetermined number of them, and he only managed to get to them as they were standing directly on Slippery Rock, and swinging Micheal over the water, their chant replaced with "One, two-" Tirloc just managed to grab Micheal's ankle then, at which point the figures dropped him and disappeared into the night, which is easy enough to do in black cloaks and hoods and harder to do when one is surrounded by water on three sides.
Once he had been brought back to camp and calmed down a bit, others began to joke about the whole experience. Micheal, obviously, was favored by the leech lord, since he was the only known sacrifice to be spared. He was also the only known sacrifice, but that's beside the point. This fact caused others to give him the nickname Micheal the Leech Priest. (Another SCA name blank the blank!) That year he got a Christmas card addressed to Micheal the Leech Priest, signed the leech lord, and postmarked Slippery Rock, Pennsilvania.
I tell this story to all Pennsic virgins I meet, and with it I give the warning, If you're a Pennsic virgin and you hear someone calling your name outside your tent at night, don go out.

This is a true story. Hunt down Tirloc if you don't believe me.

do you mind if i use this story?  

dkabyssaldragon

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:09 pm
Sunegami

And everyone knows about SCAdian senses of humor. xd

dkabyssaldragon
do you mind if i use this story?

Sure, just remember you heard it from AElfthryth the Cat, who heard it from Arastorm the Golden, who heard it from Tirloc the Profane, who was there.

xd Sorry, I'm an easterner. Have you ever been to a feast in Stonemarche? We'll toast half the people in the hall, three people who skipped the feast, six who are dead, five who missed the event, and everyone in the kitchen. The legacy with names is import, fun and very easy to mess up.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:50 pm
Kittywitch
Sunegami

And everyone knows about SCAdian senses of humor. xd

Ooooohhhhhh yes. Especially our group. heart xd  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Felix OFlyn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:33 am
I wish I was going but I live in An Tir on the other side of the country and don't really have time or money to make the trip.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff