Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ☆ MUSIC
AMVs/GMVs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

puppylove713

Animal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:06 pm
Zero the Crimson
puppylove713
Well, to be honest, some of those scenes were completely out of context (meaning in the anime they were used for a totally different reason) with the song, but they look like they fit well. But overall, the story behind the anime and game it was based off of is kind of sad (in my opinion anyway). But yeah, I wasn't intending to make it seem so sad, but I suppose it wasn't avoidable seeing as what the songs meaning is...

I'm currently trying to use the song Start of Something Good by Daughtry with the anime Ancient Magus Bride. It is working, but it is harder to pull this one together for some reason. I have other ideas floating around in my head too and for some reason, that suggestion you made with Skillet's Anchor and Azur Lane seems interesting. However, I would need to watch the anime before doing that to get a better sense of things... I also want to edit and fix those older videos of mine. My skills have come a long way and many of them are eyesores...

I just happened to stumble upon that one last night and figured I'd share it. I didn't even realize that I posted to videos that hit the feels like that and I didn't even mean to...

That's one of the "Tales" series isn't it?

I could definitely see those 2 going together pretty well.
I've honestly been trying to find another movie maker I could work with, because I keep getting random ideas when listening to music, but sadly nothing I've found really works for me.....Probably because I'm dead set on something similar to the one I used to use.
You might find the idea interesting, or you might just think I'm weird. Either way I personally see it working together.
I also keep finding different songs I wanna put with The Rising of the Shield Hero, but I'm bias toward that series so a lot of things make me wanna use that.

Well, the song on it's own is a pretty good feel trip, add to that the HunterXHunter story and it just adds to it.
Yes it is. It is a damn good game too. If you haven't played it before then I suggest you do. Personally I feel like all the "Tales" series games I have ever played were awesome.

I thought so too. But the issue is finding the right clips to use in the right spot. I have great timing for my clips now, so that should not be too much of an issue once I find what I want to use.

The one I use is Cyberlink Power Director 10. Mine is very outdated (and loves to crash on me) though. I refuse to pay to get the upgrade. It isn't the best editing program out there, but it is better than Windows Movie Maker... If you haven't looked into that one then maybe it would work for you. I don't know if there is a way to get it for free. My laptop came with it already downloaded.

Well, I suppose we will find out what exactly I think after I watch the anime. I haven't seen The Rising of Shield Hero yet either. That is on my to watch list though so I will get to it eventually.

Yeah, I can see what you are saying there. I actually wanted to try my hand at making a video with the song so I looked up others to give some ideas and most of the ones I found were Naruto (and the HunterxHunter one). I suppose that makes sense though. Can you think of any other anime that may work with that song? I feel like Black Clover could be a good match for it. I mean Asta give that kind of feel on his own. Forget the rest of the characters.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:36 pm
puppylove713
Yes it is. It is a damn good game too. If you haven't played it before then I suggest you do. Personally I feel like all the "Tales" series games I have ever played were awesome.

I thought so too. But the issue is finding the right clips to use in the right spot. I have great timing for my clips now, so that should not be too much of an issue once I find what I want to use.

The one I use is Cyberlink Power Director 10. Mine is very outdated (and loves to crash on me) though. I refuse to pay to get the upgrade. It isn't the best editing program out there, but it is better than Windows Movie Maker... If you haven't looked into that one then maybe it would work for you. I don't know if there is a way to get it for free. My laptop came with it already downloaded.

Well, I suppose we will find out what exactly I think after I watch the anime. I haven't seen The Rising of Shield Hero yet either. That is on my to watch list though so I will get to it eventually.

Yeah, I can see what you are saying there. I actually wanted to try my hand at making a video with the song so I looked up others to give some ideas and most of the ones I found were Naruto (and the HunterxHunter one). I suppose that makes sense though. Can you think of any other anime that may work with that song? I feel like Black Clover could be a good match for it. I mean Asta give that kind of feel on his own. Forget the rest of the characters.

I think the only Tales game I've played is Zesteria...I think, and it kinda got a little dull for me after a while. Didn't help that it kept getting excessively grindy in certain areas, but even without that. I like the characters, but the story was a little....meh.

Yeah, that's definitely a tough one there. Finding clips tends to be the hardest part.

Honestly, I just want something that works with gifs, allows me to drag clips over others to create a transition, and doesn't effect the audio, when I cut the video on the timeline. Oh, and it can't run like chunky mustard every time I make a single edit to the video.

You'll probably think I'm crazy. Or you'll join me in shipping boats, either way, you'll still probably think I'm crazy.
Shield Hero hold my top spot in Manga, Anime, and Light Novel, so I can't be relied upon to give an unbias opinion, but I'd still definitely say it's worth a watch. Whole series. Don't let the first episode or 2 scare you away.

It definitely works with things in the Shonen variety, like Naruto, Black Clover, HunterXHunter, My Hero Academia, and Attack on Titan. It could also work with things like Tokyo Ghoul, Deadman Wonderland, Violet Evergarden.
It could actually work with just about any series with a hardships/sorrow plot line in it. Personally, I'm a little bit more of a literalist, so I wouldn't use it with a non human character, like Meliodas in The Seven Deadly Sins, but even then it could still work.
Some other examples could be the "Certain" series, Psycho Pass, or Demon Slayer.  

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

puppylove713

Animal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:51 pm
Zero the Crimson
puppylove713

I think the only Tales game I've played is Zesteria...I think, and it kinda got a little dull for me after a while. Didn't help that it kept getting excessively grindy in certain areas, but even without that. I like the characters, but the story was a little....meh.

Yeah, that's definitely a tough one there. Finding clips tends to be the hardest part.

Honestly, I just want something that works with gifs, allows me to drag clips over others to create a transition, and doesn't effect the audio, when I cut the video on the timeline. Oh, and it can't run like chunky mustard every time I make a single edit to the video.

You'll probably think I'm crazy. Or you'll join me in shipping boats, either way, you'll still probably think I'm crazy.
Shield Hero hold my top spot in Manga, Anime, and Light Novel, so I can't be relied upon to give an unbias opinion, but I'd still definitely say it's worth a watch. Whole series. Don't let the first episode or 2 scare you away.

It definitely works with things in the Shonen variety, like Naruto, Black Clover, HunterXHunter, My Hero Academia, and Attack on Titan. It could also work with things like Tokyo Ghoul, Deadman Wonderland, Violet Evergarden.
It could actually work with just about any series with a hardships/sorrow plot line in it. Personally, I'm a little bit more of a literalist, so I wouldn't use it with a non human character, like Meliodas in The Seven Deadly Sins, but even then it could still work.
Some other examples could be the "Certain" series, Psycho Pass, or Demon Slayer.
I haven't played that one yet. I have played Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World, Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Vesperia. I will be playing Tales of Legendia because I have it, but have not gotten around to playing it yet.

Well, I'm succeeding in finding clips, but it is slow moving. Also, I'm having to tweak the time of the clips to make things work... That is how I manage to time things as well as I do. I either slow down the clip or speed up the clip to make it time with the lyrics. It is actually more work than people think to get these things to flow and pace properly.

I don't know if it work with GIFs, but it does work wonders with using any anime DVD/Blu Ray or downloaded video. I haven't used GIFs to make a video in god knows how long. I think I moved away from those on my third or fourth video ever creating... But that is also when I got this laptop and started using a different editing program.

No need to worry about that. I tend to give an anime two to three episodes before ditching it if I'm going to ditch it. So even if the first episode or two suck, I may still sit through it if the third episode can mange to get me.

The funny thing is, most of those popped into my head for the most part when thinking of what I could use... I also wouldn't think of using Meliodas either because he isn't a human. Using Inuyasha would be a stretch because while he is human technically, he is also a demon....  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:01 pm
puppylove713
I haven't played that one yet. I have played Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World, Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Vesperia. I will be playing Tales of Legendia because I have it, but have not gotten around to playing it yet.

Well, I'm succeeding in finding clips, but it is slow moving. Also, I'm having to tweak the time of the clips to make things work... That is how I manage to time things as well as I do. I either slow down the clip or speed up the clip to make it time with the lyrics. It is actually more work than people think to get these things to flow and pace properly.

I don't know if it work with GIFs, but it does work wonders with using any anime DVD/Blu Ray or downloaded video. I haven't used GIFs to make a video in god knows how long. I think I moved away from those on my third or fourth video ever creating... But that is also when I got this laptop and started using a different editing program.

No need to worry about that. I tend to give an anime two to three episodes before ditching it if I'm going to ditch it. So even if the first episode or two suck, I may still sit through it if the third episode can mange to get me.

The funny thing is, most of those popped into my head for the most part when thinking of what I could use... I also wouldn't think of using Meliodas either because he isn't a human. Using Inuyasha would be a stretch because while he is human technically, he is also a demon....

It's not bad, it's just that the main point of the story feels a little stale and slow.

It also depends on the level of effort actually being put into the video and the type of editing being done. For example, some of the lazy videos that are literally just music thrown over an entire scene take little to no time at all to edit. The editing I use to do for my videos was something along the line of around an hour per minute of video and there are some people who take weeks if not months to edit everything down to the finest detail to fit with their project.

I don't think I've ever actually used DVDs for clips...which is odd given just how many I actually have...

It's not so much they suck, so much as they contain content that apparently a lot of people weren't fond of. Similar to series like Goblin Slayer, but not quite on the same extreme.

Exactly, it just depends on where you want to draw the line.  

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

puppylove713

Animal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:22 pm
Zero the Crimson
puppylove713

It's not bad, it's just that the main point of the story feels a little stale and slow.

It also depends on the level of effort actually being put into the video and the type of editing being done. For example, some of the lazy videos that are literally just music thrown over an entire scene take little to no time at all to edit. The editing I use to do for my videos was something along the line of around an hour per minute of video and there are some people who take weeks if not months to edit everything down to the finest detail to fit with their project.

I don't think I've ever actually used DVDs for clips...which is odd given just how many I actually have...

It's not so much they suck, so much as they contain content that apparently a lot of people weren't fond of. Similar to series like Goblin Slayer, but not quite on the same extreme.

Exactly, it just depends on where you want to draw the line.
I see. I can say that the Tales series games do take a bit of time to pick up. They all tend to start off very slow for some reason. You just have to work through it to get to the very good stuff.

Yeah, it usually takes me about an hour or two for a minute of video. Sometimes it takes even longer. It depends on how picky I'm being. It takes me a while to get it just right.

I have limited anime DVDs. I have the complete box set for Prince of Tennis and New Prince of Tennis, the complete box set for Hakuouki, and the complete series for Ixion Saga Dimension Transfer (I haven't watched yet)... That is all I have... I am thinking of getting more but I don't even know which to start with. I suppose my all time favorites would be a good place to start.

I haven't seen Goblin Slayer yet either. Another one I have had thoughts of watching, so I will get to it eventually. I have a long list of will watch eventually anime... I'm working through them though. Currently I'm working on Demon Slayer and I'm liking it a lot.

In a similar thought, I wouldn't use Hiei either because he isn't human. Kurama and Yusuke are in the same grey area as Inuyasha because Yusuke is part demon and while Kurama was originally human, he has his human body and demon body as well... Anyway, you said draw the line and that is the title to another song that I have been thinking about trying to use....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:00 pm
puppylove713

I have limited anime DVDs. I have the complete box set for Prince of Tennis and New Prince of Tennis, the complete box set for Hakuouki, and the complete series for Ixion Saga Dimension Transfer (I haven't watched yet)... That is all I have... I am thinking of getting more but I don't even know which to start with. I suppose my all time favorites would be a good place to start.

I haven't seen Goblin Slayer yet either. Another one I have had thoughts of watching, so I will get to it eventually. I have a long list of will watch eventually anime... I'm working through them though. Currently I'm working on Demon Slayer and I'm liking it a lot.

In a similar thought, I wouldn't use Hiei either because he isn't human. Kurama and Yusuke are in the same grey area as Inuyasha because Yusuke is part demon and while Kurama was originally human, he has his human body and demon body as well... Anyway, you said draw the line and that is the title to another song that I have been thinking about trying to use....

I have a lot....I have spent way too much on collecting DVDs, considering I end up watching them digitally...
I'd definitely start with favorites, it's always a good starting line...then move on to ones that catch your attention or fall into a category you like, and before you know it, you'll be watching series and asking yourself..."Why am I watching this?"

Goblin Slayer is a pretty good action/adventure story. It is on the darker side though, not quite the level of Berserk, but still pretty dark in terms on some of the content and a number of people were made uncomfortable by that, so....just a heads up.

That's why you go for Kuwabara.  

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

puppylove713

Animal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:13 pm
Zero the Crimson
puppylove713

I have a lot....I have spent way too much on collecting DVDs, considering I end up watching them digitally...
I'd definitely start with favorites, it's always a good starting line...then move on to ones that catch your attention or fall into a category you like, and before you know it, you'll be watching series and asking yourself..."Why am I watching this?"

Goblin Slayer is a pretty good action/adventure story. It is on the darker side though, not quite the level of Berserk, but still pretty dark in terms on some of the content and a number of people were made uncomfortable by that, so....just a heads up.

That's why you go for Kuwabara.
Well, I could always borrow my sister's Spirited Away DVD. I also have Lion King and Pocahontas. I know those technically aren't anime, but they can be used as well. I don't see why not... I like Disney movies and wouldn't mind collecting more of those as well... If you are telling me to start with favorites, then Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha are up there at the top of the list since Prince of Tennis and Hakuouki are ones I already own and those are some of my other favorites... My current top four anime in no specific order are Prince of Tennis, Hakuouki, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Inuysha...

I haven't seen Berserk either. You just like naming ones I haven't seen, don't you? None of that is really much help in explaining things. I don't even remember what we were originally talking about... Also, dark anime don't bother me. I have seen a few of those already and rather enjoyed them. I can't remember which ones they were though...

He is the only one you could use and not be pushing it or completely breaking the human thing.... All the others are either hanyu and demon...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:40 pm
Here is my most recent creation. Not as good as the last one I did, but still not bad.

puppylove713

Animal Lover

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:53 pm
puppylove713
Well, I could always borrow my sister's Spirited Away DVD. I also have Lion King and Pocahontas. I know those technically aren't anime, but they can be used as well. I don't see why not... I like Disney movies and wouldn't mind collecting more of those as well... If you are telling me to start with favorites, then Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha are up there at the top of the list since Prince of Tennis and Hakuouki are ones I already own and those are some of my other favorites... My current top four anime in no specific order are Prince of Tennis, Hakuouki, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Inuysha...

I haven't seen Berserk either. You just like naming ones I haven't seen, don't you? None of that is really much help in explaining things. I don't even remember what we were originally talking about... Also, dark anime don't bother me. I have seen a few of those already and rather enjoyed them. I can't remember which ones they were though...

He is the only one you could use and not be pushing it or completely breaking the human thing.... All the others are either hanyu and demon...

Something about the transition from Spirited away to Lion King makes me chuckle.
That depends on what aspect of "anime" we're talking about. Since anime is just a shortened term for animation, it is technically anime. The major difference would be the overall art style, which depending on era, is actually pretty similar.
Man, you sure do have some tedious favorites, given just how many episodes there are to Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha….then again, I've been collecting One Piece, Fairy Tail, and Naruto so I can't really talk..

Do I? I actually chose that one because it is a pretty well known title.
We were originally talking about "The Rising of The Shield Hero", to which I was giving a heads up about a "controversial" issue with the first episode, but since I didn't want to give any spoilers, I referenced "Goblin Slayer" since it also has "controversial" content, to which I again didn't want to spoil anything so I then referenced "Berserk" given it's excessively dark content that is somehow not complained about unlike the other series which are far from as dark. And that leads us to here.

Unless you wanted to go from a different angle and do a ton of fishing and make it about Keiko...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:59 pm
Zero the Crimson
puppylove713

Something about the transition from Spirited away to Lion King makes me chuckle.
That depends on what aspect of "anime" we're talking about. Since anime is just a shortened term for animation, it is technically anime. The major difference would be the overall art style, which depending on era, is actually pretty similar.
Man, you sure do have some tedious favorites, given just how many episodes there are to Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha….then again, I've been collecting One Piece, Fairy Tail, and Naruto so I can't really talk..

Do I? I actually chose that one because it is a pretty well known title.
We were originally talking about "The Rising of The Shield Hero", to which I was giving a heads up about a "controversial" issue with the first episode, but since I didn't want to give any spoilers, I referenced "Goblin Slayer" since it also has "controversial" content, to which I again didn't want to spoil anything so I then referenced "Berserk" given it's excessively dark content that is somehow not complained about unlike the other series which are far from as dark. And that leads us to here.

Unless you wanted to go from a different angle and do a ton of fishing and make it about Keiko...
Lol, yeah, I admit that was odd, but oh well. Who really cares?

Well, Maybe I can get lucky and find box sets like I did with the other two... That certainly makes things so much easier in the end...

Well, that may not be completely true. I knew of and had seen most of the ones you mentioned in a previous post about one of the series I could use for the song Human by Christina Perry. Also, I have heard of all three of the ones that you were warning me about, but I just haven't seen them.

Umm, I think I will pass. That is a little too much work for an amv. However, I bet it would get attention because it is different...  

puppylove713

Animal Lover

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:39 pm
puppylove713

Well, Maybe I can get lucky and find box sets like I did with the other two... That certainly makes things so much easier in the end...

Well, that may not be completely true. I knew of and had seen most of the ones you mentioned in a previous post about one of the series I could use for the song Human by Christina Perry. Also, I have heard of all three of the ones that you were warning me about, but I just haven't seen them.

Umm, I think I will pass. That is a little too much work for an amv. However, I bet it would get attention because it is different...

I care. Do my feelings not matter? lol xp

Yu Yu Hakusho shouldn't be too hard since Funimation started recreating them with steelbook box sets and the normal could usually be bought for around 20 bucks a season...Inuyasha however might be a more tedious find.

I guess that is possible, I mean just because well known in certain circles doesn't necessarily mean well known in general...except for Jojo, because everyone knows jojo even if they don't want to.
Well, it was initially a warning for Shield Hero's first episode, the others just became add ons.

I can understand that.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:45 pm
puppylove713
Here is my most recent creation. Not as good as the last one I did, but still not bad.

I'm not sure why, I keeping thinking of a different song whenever I read this ones name (aside from similar names).
That was a clip that seemed to bug out for a moment, but aside from that I think it looked pretty good.
Only unnecessary criticism I could give would be that a scene was reused multiple times and one point was fairly early on in the song, the clip basically gave the end results too soon, chronologically.  

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

puppylove713

Animal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:54 pm
Zero the Crimson
puppylove713

I care. Do my feelings not matter? lol xp

Yu Yu Hakusho shouldn't be too hard since Funimation started recreating them with steelbook box sets and the normal could usually be bought for around 20 bucks a season...Inuyasha however might be a more tedious find.

I guess that is possible, I mean just because well known in certain circles doesn't necessarily mean well known in general...except for Jojo, because everyone knows jojo even if they don't want to.
Well, it was initially a warning for Shield Hero's first episode, the others just became add ons.

I can understand that.
Well, do you want to hear the truth?

Yeah, I know about those for Yu Yu Hakusho. Also, I think I may have seen some box sets for Inuyasha at one point too...

Jojo... I am one of those who would prefer not to know about it... I don't know why, but I never really took to that anime. But then again, it was some time ago that I tried it. I may try it again and see if it goes the same way...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:57 pm
Zero the Crimson
puppylove713

I'm not sure why, I keeping thinking of a different song whenever I read this ones name (aside from similar names).
That was a clip that seemed to bug out for a moment, but aside from that I think it looked pretty good.
Only unnecessary criticism I could give would be that a scene was reused multiple times and one point was fairly early on in the song, the clip basically gave the end results too soon, chronologically.
Yeah, I think I know which one you are talking about, but I was having problems trying to find other things for some reason. I think part of it was me being lazy... But I did say that this one wasn't really as good as the other one was.  

puppylove713

Animal Lover

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:16 pm
puppylove713
Well, do you want to hear the truth?

Yeah, I know about those for Yu Yu Hakusho. Also, I think I may have seen some box sets for Inuyasha at one point too...

Jojo... I am one of those who would prefer not to know about it... I don't know why, but I never really took to that anime. But then again, it was some time ago that I tried it. I may try it again and see if it goes the same way...

They don't, do they? You can tell me. I can take it!

I know I've seen a box set for the movies, as well as for Final Act, but I don't think I've seen any, recently, for the original series...at least not from a typical buyer like Amazon or WalMart.

I can honestly understand that. For the longest time I avoided it like the plague, myself. Not because I saw it and didn't like it, heck I'd never actually seen it at the time, but because the fanbase scared me.  
☆ MUSIC

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff