Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Doux Housing District
1402: Damen Daniels Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:45 pm
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

--:::------::------------------->⛥<--------------------::------:::---
                                                              Where: At Home
                                                              With: Mark
                                                              Age/Orientation/Status: 26/Bi/Healthy||Single
                                                              Voice: Generally calm and shines through some of the democracy without sounding stuck up.
                                                              Address: 1419 Doux

Damen nodded when he heard Mark's reply. "Alright, my friend. If you are sure." he replied. His friend knew better what they could and couldn't handle after all. "Of course, you are free to use the shower when we have dyed your hair." he added with a smile when he heard their answer. It was no problem at all. A chuckle escaped him when they answered to the tea. "Alright then, let's get your hair back to the blue. Though I must say this doesn't look bad on you either at all." Damen said and complimented Mark with his current hair.

He had never seen them like this however, so maybe it was because it looked new to him. With that they went to his bathroom and the man smiled as he gestured at the sink and listened to their instructions as well as read them on the box. It looked simple enough as it was explained this way. Damen made the dye as he was explained by his friend and once done he waited for them to get ready. "Oh, thanks for the warning." he said about the gloves and opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed some latex gloves from the kit.

Once they were both done, the demon started to help Mark with his hair. He followed the instructions he heard and also glanced back at the box at times. As per words on the box, he made sure to divide the dye well over Mark's hair until he was certain he had covered everything and they had gone by the letter. "It seems we are done." he said. He felt pretty surprised when he noticed it had been pretty smooth while keeping to the steps. "So now we wait for it to set in?" he asked to be certain he had the right order of business.

Profile: Damen Daniels

By Bi Blitz

-

[color=#8080ff]""[/color]
Later outfit image: [url=https://i.imgur.com/xfRKcO2.jpg]https://i.imgur.com/xfRKcO2.jpg[/url]
[align=center][img]https://i.imgur.com/JW4SGvU.png[/img][/align]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:18 pm
User Image
Mark Hyun

With: Damen l Activity: About to dye his hair l Status: Healthy l Relationship Status: Single

Mark smiled a little bit at Damen and nodded his head in thanks to the other man. It was nice to know he didn't have to stick his head out into the rain in order to wash the dye out, not that he ever thought Damen would have him do that of course. However Mark could feel his face warm a bit before chuckling at the others compliment "T..thanks...I um..never quite thought so but...if you say so then...um..then maybe blonde is a look I could try out...one day..." that day however was not today! He would nod his head to the other man when he gave him a warning "Yeah...I uh...I learned that the hard way...when I first did it by myself..." he admitted to the silly mistake he made when he first dyed his hair ever. As Mark remained bent over the sink he kept his eyes closed just in case anything dripped down onto his face but thankfully it did not and Mark would open his eyes once Damen confirmed that they were done which didn't really surprise Mark all too much "Yep...honestly the whole process is well...it isn't that hard...it's just a bit time consuming sometimes..." he explained to the other man before nodding his head to the others question "Yeah...I um..usually watch TV or something...I'll sit on the floor though...I don't want to ruin any of..uh...of your furniture..." Mark stated with a small smile on his face before slowly making his way out of the bathroom and to the living room. He would quickly check his towel and smiled a bit as there wasn't anything dripping down onto it, the brand he used was much more gel like in consistency and not nearly as watery. However it was always better safe than sorry in his opinion when it came to hair dye, one wrong move and something would be completely stained forever.

(OOC: )

Rhun Tolihzeh

Quote:

Quote:

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:20 pm
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

Voice: Generally calm and shines through some of the democracy without sounding stuck up.

Once they were done and got ready to leave the bathroom, Damen listened to his friend as he spoke and nodded. "It was definitely easier than I expected it to be." he agreed. It had been much like washing your hair really. As they walked to the livingroom and Mark mentioned the furniture, the man chuckled a bit. "It's alright, I would just replace it." he said and smiled. Still if Mark wanted to sit on the floor, the man wouldn't stop him if that was the case.

Nonetheless, Damen walked to one of his closets and looked through some drawers before he pulled out a folded blanket. Unfolding it a few times, he placed it on the ground where the tv could be seen and turned to Mark. "At least allow me to make it comfortable for you then." Damen explained and smiled, before turning on the tv and handing his friend the remote. "I don't really watch much television, so feel free to put on whichever channel you like best. I'll make some tea." the man said and walked to the kitchen to refill and put on the water heater once more.

Even just these small things, Damen was thoroughly enjoying his times spent with Mark. The demon appreciated his company and he was always glad to help his friend out as well. This had been a more unusual thing to help out with, but it had been a fun experience. Damen glanced over to Mark in the living room through the open door and smiled a bit. That must be what it is like to genuinely spend time with a friend. It wouldn't take long for the man to come back to the living room with a small platter with the two cups of hot water, cookies and a small box between them that held a number of different flavors. They might as well make themselves comfortable inside this day. And Damen did enjoy having Mark over.

By Bi Blitz

-

Later outfit image: [url=https://i.imgur.com/xfRKcO2.jpg]https://i.imgur.com/xfRKcO2.jpg[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:50 pm
User Image
Mark Hyun

With: Damen l Activity: About to dye his hair l Status: Healthy l Relationship Status: Single

Mark would blink a bit when Damen stated that he'd just replace the ruined furniture "Replace? But...furniture is so..." oh wait, Damen is the CEO of a toy company. Money if probably no object to him unlike with Mark who was so careful about not ruining any of the furniture he owned because he wouldn't be able to replace it if he did "...never mind" he stated quietly with a small smile on his mouth, chuckling a little bit at his realization at that moment. Either way though Mark wasn't about to do that to Damen and so he'd prepare to sit down on the ground but paused when he watched Damen go to one of the closets to seemingly fish around for something in there. The young man would then smile a bit more when Damen went ahead and laid out a blanket for Mark as he quickly took a seat and looked up at Damen "Thank you" he stated before his grey eyes went towards the remote that was handed to him and nodded his head "Alright I will...and once again thank you!" he called out a bit more confidently now. With that Mark would turn the TV on and began to flip through the channels before stopping on some family sitcom from the nineties and chuckled a little bit at the one liner that the Mother of the house said. These old shows always had so much charm to them. The whole time while Damen was in the kitchen preparing the Tea Mark would remain sitting out in the living room chuckling a little bit every now and then at a joke, comment, or gag. It seemed that it was a marathon which worked out just fine for Mark at the moment as he wasn't quite sure what else he could possibly watch. Finally once Damen came back out with a tray of all things filled with different things Mark blinked in surprise before his normally shy smile was a bit more bright "You uh...you really didn't have to do this for me" he stated but still looked down at the selection that was presented to him and paused for a moment before deciding on the Jasmine tea. He'd place the tea bag into the piping hot water and simply let it rest there to steep for a couple minutes or so before looking out the window at the pouring rain "I hope it uh...let's up soon....heh...yeah....walking home in that won't be too fun..." Mark stated with an amused smile before chuckling once again at another sarcastic one liner from the sitcom that was on.

Rhun Tolihzeh

Quote:

Quote:

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:10 pm
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

Damen scratched his cheek a bit and smiled. Right he forgot for a moment that Mark might not be accustomed to such. Still they seemed to take it alright. The man smiled and nodded when his friend kept thanking him. It wasn't a problem really. "No problem, make yourself at home." he replied before he went to the kitchen. While he was waiting for their tea he could hear Mark laugh in the other room and he smiled. It was nice to know they were having fun again. Damen chuckled once he heard the other's words as he placed the tray. "That is what such tasty treats are for right? To share them with your friends?" he said and sat down on the couch, next to Mark with his own tea.

Personally he had picked plain Green Tea with a little bit of sugar and one of the small apple cakes among the other cookies. The demon followed Mark's gaze outside and nodded. "I'm sure it wouldn't be. And I haven't had my car brought here yet either. Everything is so nearby, hardly worth driving." he admitted. He had a car back at the city, with a chauffeur, but since Soleil basically only had under 30 minutes walks, he hadn't considered needing one yet. "Still we have umbrellas we can use to go anywhere once it at least slowed down a bit." he added and smiled to Mark.

By Bi Blitz

-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:53 pm
User Image
Mark Hyun

Mark sat there and smiled a little bit at Damen as he nodded his head at the others comment although there was a touch of sadness to it as well "I...suppose you're right..." honestly Mark wouldn't know if that's what treats were for, he never had friends to begin with. However he quickly covered it up with a slightly more friendly smile and grabbed onto what seemed to be a pinkish strawberry cookie and took a small bite of it "These are um..these are pretty good" he stated before lifting the tea cup and and dipping the tea bag a couple more time to get all the flavor out of it before placing the used bag on the tray. From there Mark would mix in just a bit of honey before taking a sip and letting out a content sigh. It had been a long time since he had some good tea like this and he would then take a small bite of the cookie as he chuckled once more at the sitcom playing at the moment. These were so charming. Once Mark made his observation and laughed a little bit at the others confession "I don't even own a car yet, I'm hoping to eventually be able to get one" honestly Mark had hardly been spending any money that he's been receiving from his parents besides on food and bills. Heck the hair dye and bleach were the most frivolous thing he's bought besides some pocket change for the arcade. He would then nod his head when the other man and smiled "Yeah, you're right.." he stated with a small smile before taking a sip of his tea and glanced over at Damen "If um..if you don't mind me asking...what made you uh...open a toy company?" he inquired with a curious look on his face, tilting his head to the side a little bit.

Rhun Tolihzeh

Quote:

Quote:

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:42 pm
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

Damen wondered if it was him or if he truly did notice some sadness in his friend's voice and smile. Surely they would know how friends could be? Nonetheless before he could consider to ask they took one of the cookies and changed the subject. Damen just took that as a hint that they didn't want to talk about it. In which case the demon would oblige them. There was no need to drudge up bad memories after all. A smile played over the man's features when they said the cookies were good. "Thank you. I was hoping they wouldn't be to odd or out of the usual norm. I got them sent over from home still." Damen said and chuckled as he thought about it. "One of my friends was convinced I would not remain in Soleil for long." he explained his amusement.

"If I would remain here and not meddle with the company, he would send me my favorite pie. Home made from the local baker from where I came from. Needless to say I did not entirely passed his expectations. I'm still working with my company." Damen spoke and shrugged a little. He couldn't help it, it was his personal pride and joy. The man just didn't have the heart to abandon it completely and just taking the role of CEO alone. "Yet he still thought it prudent to at least send these cookies despite how he was right." There wasn't overly much to say about the cookies however. Sure they were very fresh as they had been hastened to his house with priority, but perhaps a little unusual here in Soleil.

For a moment they just watched the television until Mark surprised Damen with an unexpected question. Not that it was the first time they heard it, but he didn't think the other would be curious about how it began. It would seem he stood corrected. Then the demon smiled gently. It didn't matter really, it wasn't like it was a very secret story. "Well, I started off with just a passion for machinery and how they work." he started. "Not just the movement, but also the components and even the smaller materials that keep it going. As I grew older this never faded, in fact it might even have strengthened and when I had the chance I went into university for technical. As for how I came to making toys though, our factory was, by no fault of the workers own, also part of making guns and other tools of destruction." Damen grimaced a bit as he remembered that time. It had been a bliss while he had remained ignorant to the true nature.

"I wasn't aware of it at the time, nor were a lot of my co workers. But once I found out what some components were used for, not to mention the realization how much death or injuries had already become possible by what we made, I didn't want to be a part of it anymore. I build to help people, wanted to make them laugh and have fun. So I left and started my own company. A company of 'automated toy making'." the demon ended, since he wouldn't go and explain about how some people had turned against him at first knowing what he was, fearing he was after their children. "That is how I came to be making toys and I enjoy it. Though I thoroughly miss engineering myself." he added and sighed after admitting that. "They worry to much." Damen added.

Though he wasn't about to let this be a one sided confiding. "But what about you, my friend. What dark secrets brought you to the tropical paradise of, what I thought was, everlasting sun?" he asked, joking about the weather and pointing at the window at the rain. Of course he didn't actually expect Mark to tell all his secrets, especially since he didn't tell all his so far, yet he couldn't help but jest a bit with his friend. He enjoyed the other's company a lot and to be able to sit like this and have fun together, Damen wasn't about to risk it because of overdone curiosity. He would heed to Mark's limits when he would mention them.

By Bi Blitz

-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:04 pm
User Image
Mark Hyun

Mark would blink a bit in surprise when the other man informed him that the sweets that were between the two of them were from his home which caused him to smile a bit. These were a piece of home to Damen and he was sharing them with him, the best Mark was able to do was make a Korean dish his Mother made as well as Kimchi. He supposed it was a taste of his own home but quite frankly Mark saw his old life at home as nothing but misery incarnate. Still though he'd turn his head and listen to Damen who began to explain about his friends who thought he'd leave Soleil which caused some worry to sprout. However with that being said from the way Damen was talking he seemed to have plans to stay in Soleil which managed to put his fears to rest. Mark would then continue to listen before finally nodding his head some "I um..I don't think that I would...you know...be able to completely leave a company that...I uh founded...just all the work put into it..." he stated his bit with a small smile on his face. He then chuckled a little bit at Damen's final little comment "Your friend seems to uh...to know you well..." he stated with an amused look on his face before he posed his question to the other man. Once the other began to explain his beginnings it surprised Mark to find out the other had unknowingly worked on weapon parts and the like which caused a small frown to form on his face. The owners of that company must have been good at lying and hiding the truth because that sounded absolutely awful. However it seemed that there was thankfully a happy ending with Damen talking about how he just wanted to make people happy which caused a small but fond smile to grow on Mark's face "That...sounds really nice Damen...just wanting to make kids laugh...and spreading happiness.....the world needs more people like you..." Mark had spent way too much of his life seeing the worst of humanity, maybe that was why he gravitated to Damen so much. The other man was just so kind and benevolent. However the smile slowly faded as the other man asked about his own dark secrets, however he quickly covered it up as a small laugh "Oh..w..well...you um...you know..j..just..well...just over p..protective parents..." he tried to state with a fake sounding laugh as the episode of the show they were watching ended and Mark quickly stood up and looked at the time before nodding "It's uh...it's time for me to wash the dye out..I..I'll be right back!" he stated before rushing to the bathroom. Mark would carefully strip out of his clothes, taking extra care to not get any on his shirt. Mark would quickly look around the bathroom and realized that he'd need two clean towels, one for his hair and the other for his body so not to get any residual dye on himself just in case. So Mark would open the door and tried to keep as much of his body hidden as possible so not to show the multitude of scars covering his entire upper body "D..Damen? Could I please um..have one more..towel?" he called out nervously as his heart began pounding in his chest in anxiety as he could only hope the other wouldn't pay much mind to him and just hand it off.

Rhun Tolihzeh

Quote:

Quote:

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:03 pm
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

Damen was well aware his story wasn't the happiest one. But it also wasn't a secret. Discovering what he had been making had been a shock for the poor man, but he also blamed himself. He had been young and stupid. Very stupid, as to not even realize what parts were being used for. He had blindly done what was asked of him without asking questions of his own. Of course that had gotten a lot better now he was older and had more experience. By now he could determine what something was used for with just a glance. And he was glad for finding out. Now he at least knew for sure his creations made people happy, made children happy. For the demon there was no better payment than the smile of a happy child.

Of course he did have plenty of money because of the sales, but that was not necessarily why he went into the business. The man shook himself out of his thoughts and smiled to Mark as he caught their reply. "Indeed, he does know me well. We grew up mere a house away from each other once I stayed with my caretaker." he confirmed and chuckled. "You seem to understand how I feel pretty well yourself. I was told to take it easy and step away because the work load was taking a toll on me, but I just can't get myself to completely ignore the pleas of my employees and the demands of customers." he admitted. "So I still answer their e-mails when able." Damen smiled and shrugged. He wasn't doing anything taxing in his eyes. Still he was itching to be tinkering on machines again.

When he had explained how he started and returned the question however, Mark suddenly took a slight turn and Damen wondered what brought that on. But since he wouldn't press the other for details, he just took what info he was presented. They sure hastened to the bathroom quickly. The man watched them run off but then shook his head and smiled gently. The other sure had an unique charm about him. While they would be tending to taking a shower, the demon got up himself and took the glasses to the kitchen and put on the water heater again in case they wanted another tea once they were done. He hadn't been in the kitchen for lone however when he heard his friend's call.

"Yes?" he called back and asked while he walked back into the room from where he could see the bathroom door and listened to Mark's request. "But of course my friend, you are welcome to use as many towels as you need." he said and walked to the bathroom to aid the other in finding where he kept the bath items. He wasn't prepared for what he walked into however and stopped in the door opening. Not only had he not expected his friend to already have undressed, his gaze went to his arms and the scars around his upper body. "My god, who did that to you?" he asked as his gaze found his friend's eyes. The man couldn't help but to feel instantly worried that Mark might be being mistreated by someone or something. Still in his eyes was not disgust, but genuine concern for Mark's well being.

By Bi Blitz

-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:38 pm
User Image
Mark Hyun

With: Damen l Activity: Crying l Status: Healthy l Relationship Status: Single

To say that Mark had been caught completely out of left field would be an understatement. He had just been expecting Damen to hand a towel to him through the door or maybe instruct him on where the towels could possibly be in the bathroom. So when Damen just walked right into the bathroom Mark just stood there with wide eyes, stunned into silence for a moment before the others comment reached his brain. Suddenly Mark felt a surge of pure, unbridled panic at the realization that Damen was looking right at all the scars that covered Mark's upper body as well as a few on his legs as well. Without much forethought the younger man did what he could only think to do and with strength that he didn't even know he had, proceeded to push Damen out of the bathroom and slammed the door shut. Suddenly a fountain of tears began to pour out of his eyes as soft sobs began to hiccup out of his mouth. He saw them. Damen saw his scars. He was going to ditch him. He was going to see what a ******** up freak Mark truly was, the young man was going to lose his first real friend. Mark was suddenly feeling that familiar numbness again as he would shut down mentally, not responding to anything the other might be saying at this moment. Instead Mark slowly walked over and started the shower to be as hot as he could physically tolerate and stepped inside. He just needed to finish up and he could make a run for it to the door. Then Mark wouldn't have to face the ridicule that was bound to come. He was scared but at this point in his life Mark was used to this kind of fear, it was stupid of him to think that he was going to be able to move past it. It was going to be with him for life. Mark just let the water run over his body for a bit until the water ran clear and all the dye was out. Even then though Mark stood there for a little while longer before finally turning it off and stepping out of the bathroom. The fresh steel blue meant nothing to Mark at this point, he should never have come here. At least then he'd still have his friend. Mark just dried himself off as best he could and dressed quickly and took several deep breaths as he mentally mapped out the path to the door as best he could as panic gripped him once more. His head was still basically soaked but he didn't care at this point, he was just going to leave his rain coat and umbrella here. With that the door flew open and Mark began to speed walk to the door as best he could as tears began to cloud his vision once more, so much so that when Mark almost broke into a run to get out of the house he'd forgotten to properly tie his shoes and tripped over his own laces. This caused Mark to topple over several feet from the front door as Mark began sobbing to himself as he tried his best to get up but suddenly feeling drained, all the energy to escape was gone and all that was left was pure fear and panic as well as a deep yearning for a blade to help distract his mind from the pain in his heart.

Rhun Tolihzeh

Quote:

Quote:

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:04 pm
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

Age/Orientation/Status: 26/Bi/Concerned||Single

For a moment Damen just stood there, utterly surprised by what he had ran into. He wasn't even able to snap himself out of it enough to avoid Mark to push him out of his own bathroom and slamming the door. Yet the slam did and the demon turned to speak to Mark, but of course the door was closed. One thing was for sure, the other had not been pleased that Damen walked right in but the man had not expected them to be undressed already, let alone that he would find out about all the scars. "Mark, are you alright?" he asked as he knocked on the door a few times, but no answer came. For a mercy he could at least hear the water before it was joined by the sounds of washing. Whatever Mark was thinking, at least he was well enough to take his shower. Still, the way they reacted had put Damen ill at ease.

Clearly he was not meant to see that. It suddenly all made sense. The constant long clothes no matter how warm it got, their nervous disposition and perhaps even the way they evaded a few personal question. After trying one more time without result, the demon sighed a bit and decided to wait in the living room. Perhaps they would have calmed down a little. Damen also picked up the cookies and placed them on the counter. He didn't put them away yet, just in case Mark would like another. However when Damen heard the door again, clearly they didn't mean to stick around. The man turned to the sound to see his friend walk rather quickly to the hall, put on his shoes and to get away, but before they reached the door the demon quickly moved to Mark's side when he saw them trip.

"Watch out!" he said, though he wasn't fast enough to avoid their fall. Damen knelt next to Mark on the floor and glanced at his shoes, it wasn't hard to guess which had been the culprit for this fall. The demon shook his head a bit and looked at Mark. "What has gotten into you suddenly. You could have gotten really hurt there." Damen managed to say without scolding him. The man reached out his hand carefully and offered it to Mark to grab a hold on so he could get them to their feet. If they would still want to run off, then Damen wouldn't stop them, it was their right, but he hoped his friend wouldn't. "What has happened?" he asked, the concern very clear in his voice. Whoever had caused this had a lot to answer to.

By Bi Blitz

-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:44 am
User Image
Mark Hyun

Mark remained there on the floor shuddering as sobs began to wrack his body. Here it came, the belittling, the mockery. His heart couldn't take it a second time. When Damen knelt next to Mark he was somewhat surprised by the tone of which he was speaking when he asked what had gotten into him. Was he seriously going to force Mark to say it. No, this wasn't the case. He liked to think that he knew Damen well enough, maybe the other man wasn't going to treat him badly. If he wanted too then he would have by now but logical thought did not sooth the fear and panic in his chest as Mark forced himself to look up at Damen with red eyes a tear soaked cheeks. Several more sobs broke out before Mark reached out and grabbed Damen's hand that was extended with both of his own but wasn't going out of his way to pull himself up. Instead Mark sat there before more tears began to fall once more "Damen..please!" he cried out in a fearful tone "Please don't leave me...you're the first friend I've ever had...." he lowered his gaze and refused to look at the other man. All of Mark's fears were now coming to
a head at this moment
"I value you're friendship..too much...I'm sorry...I just...I....I..." finally Mark forced himself to stand, letting go of Damen's hand as he slowly made his way to the couch and sat down, still not looking at the other man whom he hoped sat next to him "Damen...I..." he hated saying it just to his therapist but to explain it too his first friend...this was a nightmare for him. Instead Mark extended his arm, there was nothing the other man hadn't seen and slowly began to tremble worse and worse as he pulled the sleeve on his arm up until it was bunched at the shoulder. All the thin white scars were prevalent and a stark contrast "N..nobody...did this to me....I...I did this to myself..." he stated just barely above a whisper, answering Damen's earlier question "I'm just...a disgusting cutter...that's all I am...!"

Rhun Tolihzeh

Quote:

Quote:

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:46 am
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

Age/Orientation/Status: 26/Bi/Talking with Mark||Single

This was a lot different than he had come to known from Mark's behavior. Even with what he had seen by accident with wanting to grab his friend a towel, didn't warrant such an outburst in Damen's eyes. Yet here he was, with a what seemed like desperate friend. Still with all those scars, Damen could not begin to understand just how much it had pained Mark, considering he had always covered them up. When Mark grabbed his hand and uttered those words however, the man was nonetheless surprised. "Why on earth would I do that? You're my friend, I meant that." he replied. And with that came his history which was part of Mark, Damen wouldn't even entertain the thought of leaving.

He didn't force the other to get up, instead he waited to feel the weight that would come on his hand once Mark would get up. When he did, the demon helped them to their feet and watched as they walked to the couch. Well at least they wouldn't try to run out of the door again. Damen almost shuddered at the thought when he considered what could all go wrong running around the streets as such. But rather than the spirit that had flared up in their body that enabled them to try and bust out like that from earlier, he now just saw a boy defeated.

Damen shook his head a bit and sighed a little. He had no ideas what was going on in his friend's mind right now. He followed quite soon after and rested himself on the couch next to the other. For now he seemed to settle with staying indoors and that was all Damen could ask for right now. Before he could open his mouth to speak to Mark, however, the other already started on his own accord. Damen sat as he patiently waited for Mark to finish his sentence. Though of course he was slightly startled when he heard the truth about those scars. Who wouldn't be, if they heard their friend make such a confession. But leaving them, or turning away from them was the last that was on the demon's mind.

His friend's previous pleas though, made it only painfully clear what his friend was afraid of. Damen reached out and placed his hand on Mark's, offering him a small smile. "You don't have to be afraid, my friend. I wouldn't think of abandoning you. But why would you...nay, I wouldn't ask you, not with the way you are now." he had started before hesitating a moment and thinking better of it. Already they seemed quite stretched, it seemed unfair to ask them to explain it all now. Judging by those scars, it would be none to pleasant for them to recall. The demon shook his head, he felt a little sad in Mark's place but...right now really it seemed what they needed was a friend. And if he was really the first real one, though he sure picked out an old one, at least that was how Damen saw it.

By Bi Blitz

-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:02 pm
User Image
Mark Hyun

Mark was trembling all over as he sat there on the couch. There was that small hopeful voice in the back of his head that told him that Damen was different and that he was telling the whole truth only moments ago. But then there was the dark cloud that hung over his head, whispering that Damen was only being nice to him because Mark was right there. Once he finally came clean the young man would squeeze his eyes shut as he prepared for the worst the other man could throw at him. However instead what he got was a hand placed over his own trembling ones and and looked up at Damen with a frown deeply etched into his face as he almost couldn't believe it. Was Damen truly serious? Was he willing to still be friends with some pathetic cutter like him? Why though? Mark let out a deep and shakey breath as he kicked his loose shoes off and ended up bringing his knees to his chest while burying his face into knees. From there he'd just let out some silent sobs as he wrestled with the fact that Damen seemed entirely willing to be a true friend to him. After a few minutes of sitting there silently Mark timidly took a glance over at Damen as his eyes were now red and puffy but he seemed to be done crying at least "Y..you...you're...too kind..t..to me...I'm....j..just a w....wreck..." he stuttered out as his nerves were through the roof at this point. Mark was beyond frazzled at this point but still he didn't want to leave Damen in the dark and wondering "Do...do you...p..promise...to k..keep this...between us?" even though Mark was almost certain he knew the answer already his mind needed some form of confirmation from the other man. He didn't want this kind of information to be told to anyone who didn't need to know after all.

Rhun Tolihzeh

Quote:

Quote:

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:28 pm
-
OOC:

User Image
User Image

Where: Living Room
                                                              Age/Orientation/Status: 26/Bi/Talking with Mark||Single

To someone like Damen, who had already seen the worst of man, it was impossible to understand how any of this would warrant him abandoning his friend. Nobody was perfect after all. Yet somehow it seemed like Mark thought otherwise. Nonetheless when they went silent for a few, the man just waited for them to speak again. This couldn't be easy for his friend. Even Damen who didn't let it effect his way of thinking about Mark was feeling startled, but more for the fact that the other even had considered all the cutting necessary. Whatever house they came from, it was a far cry different from where he grew up.

It had the demon thinking however. They did share a large secret there, yet he himself might be walking around with a secret of his own. Though he still couldn't get himself to say it. Not only was his friend already pretty shocked, what on earth would they think if they heard. So far it never went well the moment people found out. They either left him, for the more kind option, or they would try to kill him. Both had occurred and Damen wasn't eager to take that leap yet. Maybe someday, he'd owe it to Mark at the very least.

The man's thoughts were interrupted when Mark spoke again and Damen turned his head so he could look at him. They seemed calmed down a little bit. "You are you. And right now you seem to be in quite a dark pit. But I am confident you can rise above it." the man spoke some words of encouragement. When Mark spoke of his request however a slight look of surprise came over his features. Did he even need to ask? But then it turned to a gentle smile and he nodded. "I am not in the habit of telling other people's secrets to the world." he ensured the boy before he got up and walked to the kitchen. Once there he picked up a glass and filled it with water and then he returned to the living room offering the water to Mark.

Damen couldn't read Mark's mind but he knew all to well how exhausting such an outburst can be as well as the panic. Water was something his caretaker had always given him on such occasions and it always helped. Of course the demon had been a lot younger. "Why don't you rest a while? Just calm down and relax some again. You can use the bed in the guestroom." he said. Of course he wasn't sure if the other needed or wanted it, but it felt only right to let them know it was an option. The pc was still on but it shouldn't pose a problem and if it did, then the man could always turn it off for Mark. "Don't worry, I won't leave a friend just because he seems different than he was. You are still Mark, I just know a bit more about your history than yesterday." Damen wasn't sure why, but it felt like the right thing to tell the other.

By Bi Blitz

-

● Doux Housing District

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces