Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e - The Earth's Upheaval - Recruitment Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:09 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Good, good.

Rerollan.

1313 - 7
5333 - 11
3321 - 8
6224 - 12
2562 - 13
1544 - 13
1621 - 9

... And worse.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 28 6-sided dice: 6, 4, 5, 1, 6, 3, 2, 5, 4, 5, 6, 3, 3, 3, 5, 1, 6, 1, 2, 4, 3, 3, 5, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2 Total: 97 (28-168)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:18 pm
Rain Yupa
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

God I wish I could.

Well, let's see what a 3rd roll does.

6451 - 15
6325 - 14
4563 - 15
3351 - 11
6124 - 12
3352 - 11
3222 - 7

Well, that's better. No Dwarven Alchemist levels though so, eh. Hmm, what to do.

Edit: Looking at Human Wizard, probably illusionist.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:17 pm
Rain, would Thork still get the 600gp, being he wasn't in the office with A-team and if he was re-built? AND would I have to use the new rolls or could I keep with his stats, if I leave them as is?

I am thinking making him close to my experiment(a vampire/troll hybrid, if you were curious) I had previously lost and, I will probably shift his speech patterns too.

Also in the works, a halfling tempest fighter or a swordmage(why is their no Flailmage?[not even a feat to change from implements to non sword/daggers ... jerks... scream ]), depending on what everyone else is making...

All I know at the moment, is Plainsfox's Aelgeirr(never know if I am spelling that right), is coming and set... maybe.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:11 pm
I'm poking at warlock mostly since, to my knowledge we were looking at an avenger, a fighter, and a warlord, which gives us 3/5 wanting to be up in melee and standing on things faces. I also like a lot of the warlock themes, though most any type of striker would be at least a bit new to me- but rangers don't excite me and I'm not sure I see a ranged rogue build I'm excited about. I suppose sorcerer is always an option.

Plainsfox has confirmed he's bringing his warlord along, but to my knowledge he hasn't figured out what he's doing for bumping him to level 2 yet.

Edit: That said, I can be flexible if you'e got thoughts about the party comp or want to change rolls, and if you think you'd like to work with the warlord to nurture a rogue instead of getting all his attention, I have a paragon rogue from back when I could backpedal to heroic and unless I'm mistaken he could lay out a lot of hurt with spare attacks and flanks.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:12 pm
All I need to do to Aelgeirr is update his equipment. I should have that done tonight. Here is his record sheet.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=93273  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:29 pm
Un... unbelievable... someone needs to roll for him. ._.  

Iamnotsuicidesoldier1

Iamnotsuicidesoldier1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:30 pm
Rain Yupa
Iamnotsuicidesoldier1
I have a basic character concept together, but while they're a dwarf mechanically they're a mul for roleplay purposes. A lot of dark sun information and dragon magazine 399 specifically.

Do I have to take the 4d6 rolls and all that, or do standard array abilities count?

I just realized it will be particularly hard to make rolls on gaia's roll mechanic, is there a particular dice roll mechanic you want to use?

EDIT: This is a basic set-up utilizing the new dice stats. 17, 16, 15, 14, 14, 8.

Yes, please roll your stats. ((Edit: I see they're rolled further below))

Also, hybrids will not be allowed. Sorry for not indicating at such. They're a confusing headache for me to deal with as a GM.

burning_eyes

Maybe a beserker, herm...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:28 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Rain, would Thork still get the 600gp, being he wasn't in the office with A-team and if he was re-built? AND would I have to use the new rolls or could I keep with his stats, if I leave them as is?

Yes, Thork could have gotten it afterwards, it wasn't a huge secret he had gone adventuring. Can keep stats as is. Any "rebuilding" will come from moving stats around, changing feats and class/build, skills, etc. That was more for Kowsauni and Plainsfox because when I started the game, I told them "PHB only for the sake of newbies", but I would extend it to you as well if you needed it.

Ultimately, Thork would still have to be Thork to get the benefits of OoK (experience and gold and magical equipment). Cosmetic changes okay, but if Thork was suddenly a... dunno... dwarven wizard, then no, you're not Thork anymore and you'll have to start at base 2 like everyone else.

Quote:
Also in the works, a halfling tempest fighter or a swordmage(why is their no Flailmage?[not even a feat to change from implements to non sword/daggers ... jerks... scream ]), depending on what everyone else is making...

I'm okay houseruling that. In fact, it might NOT have to be houseruled, if you play the cards right. Let us assume that there is a hypothetical flail-implement class. If there were, Arcane Implement Proficiency would then let the Swordmage gain the Flail as an implement for all their swordmage powers. So Arcane Implement Proficiency could effectively be reskinned to let you use a flail. I'd be okay with it if everyone else would be. Though the downside is that the Heavy Flail from OoK would be too big for a halfling.

I miss you, Monkey Grip feat crying  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:20 am
If you wish to remake Thork into a flailmage or flailpest, I'll give back the Kitty flail, SCN.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:18 am
If flailmage is as simultaneously brutal and hilariously clumsy as it sounds, I will totally back it.

I'm okay with that either way, I'm all about allowing cosmetic changes in 4e so you can play anything that doesn't break the class.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:04 pm
Alright, I think I'm done here.

Isres Zess - Illustrious Illusionist and Connoisseur of Cuisine

An idea of how he looks.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d4/27/9b/d4279bdcafb38b98e6d83692fcbb78b5.jpg  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:35 pm
Aelgeirr

Complete and easily adjustable pending SCN and Kowsauni's actions. I did sell the holy symbol.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:22 pm
After a really long laugh, and continue to do so afterwards... I am going to make Thork, a Paladin of batttle... Though, I really wish Heironeous was still around, he was one of the good ones.

Which brings me to my question, Lay on hands or Ardent Vow? More precisely, does my fellow players think we will need more healing, given we are going into unfriendly dwarven (under)lands?

And how much would a Roaring Kitty enchant transfer cost? I want it to have kittens... sweatdrop

Edit: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1348388 ... Thork, Paladin of Kord, I just need to do the Math...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:30 pm
Plainsfox
All I need to do to Aelgeirr is update his equipment. I should have that done tonight. Here is his record sheet.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=93273

Are... you really going to make me re-audit your sheet from scratch if all you did was level up? If all you did was level, just tell me what changed. If you bought new stuff, tell me what you bought. sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:35 pm
Iamnotsuicidesoldier1
burning_eyes

Maybe a beserker, herm...

There's, er... there's quite a bit wrong with this. I'm not even going to fully go into it. At a glance, you're a paladin with barbarian powers, have paragon-level feat progression, and are a Dark Sun specific race which isn't permitted without permission sweatdrop  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff