Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Modified 4e, Grant a wish campaign interest check wip Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:39 pm
I think he said he'd run it Rain. So, time to recreate my nameless Warforged. Lucky us, we still have our stat rolls.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:25 am
Aye, I will dm if 3 or 4 people wish to play.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:29 pm
I forgot this was 15th level sweatdrop I thought I'd take 5 minutes to whip up a 1st level character.

Is Dorvek still what I want to play? I have to think about it.  
Rain Yupa generated a random number between 1 and 18 ... 13!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:11 pm
Gonna RNG it. Plz no PHB3 races...

RACE
1-Dragon
2-Dwarf
3-Eladrin
4-Elf
5-Half-Elf
6-Halfling
7-Human
8-Tiefling
9-Deva
10-Gnome
11-Goliath
12-Half-Orc
13-Longtooth Shifter
14-Razorclaw Shifter
15-Githzerai
16-Minotaur
17-Shardmind
18-Wilden  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa generated a random number between 1 and 20 ... 4!

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:15 pm
MOAR ACORN!

Srsly, if I get bard, I'm rerolling both race and class though.

1-Cleric
2-Fighter
3-Paladin
4-Ranger
5-Rogue
6-Warlock
7-Warlord
8-Weezard
9-Avenger
10-Barbarian
11-ACORN
12-Druid
13-Invoker
14-Shaman
15-Sorcerer
16-Warden
17-Monk
18-Runepriest
19-Seeker
20-Swordmage  
Rain Yupa rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 20 Total: 27 (2-40)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:19 pm
Eh, Mongooseh called Ranger. But if it insists on Ranger a second time, I'll accept the ruling.

REROLLING. And modifying the race list to be 20 slots...

RACE
1-Dragon
2-Dwarf
3-Eladrin
4-Elf
5-Half-Elf
6-Halfling
7-Human
8-Human
9-Human
10-Tiefling
11-Deva
12-Gnome
13-Goliath
14-Half-Orc
15-Longtooth Shifter
16-Razorclaw Shifter
17-Githzerai
18-Minotaur
19-Shardmind
20-Wilden

Human Swordmage it is. Never done one of them before. (Swordmage, that is)  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:14 am
Ah, my favorite defender.

Just an fyi then, their warding class feature has been errated... Remove the whole final paragraph about losing it if you fall unconscious.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:50 am
I have some errata stuff written into my books but not everything. That's something that missing. But really, if I'm unconscious, the last thing that's I'm thinking about is "at least I still have +1/+3 to my AC!" It's probably, "Oh crap are we going to get wiped?" or "Should I be thinking about a backup character?" or "Did I leave the stove on?". Not my defenses. ^-^'

But got a character concept down. Going to go paragon multiclass with wizard. Going with the Ensnaring type swordmage. Try to dual-role defender and controller.

Character was a prodigy that was involved in the big battle 7 years ago but was badly wounded/overwhelmed (losing an eye too). On the verge of death, she used her wish to survive her injuries/get healed/something to that affect. It restored her eye but it's miscolored/inverted in color (black orb, white pupil, red iris, vs her normal green-iris eye). She'll wear an eyepatch over it, and it functions normally, but people who see it tend to consider her cursed and give her a wide berth. Despite technically being a "hero" she's been kind of ostracized by society and has turned to a solitary life removed from civilization. Knowing the 10-year thing is there, she's gone to train herself and hone her skills. I don't know how you'll "start" the story but that's what I'm working with.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:13 am
I would be interested in this if I could use some materials that aren't on Rains approval list. I pay for dnd insider and use their Character Builder so its really frustrating for me not to be able to use all material that has been legally released by the developers for the game and are part of the character builder.

Especially at paragon level there's not a single character I have that doesn't utilize something that's not in Rains approved books. If its an issue of not having the source I can show you the exact details of the power/feat/etc from the compendium. As I did with Seraphina's monk multi-class feet.

(On a side note, the family has finally recovered form the stomach flu so I'll start posting regularly again.)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:38 am
Rain; I know, just informing

And it was going to start with a letter that brings the survivors to crossroads village. So your story can work.

Kows; Before Duren became Corel; he was a battlemind, technically not on Rain's list of approved.

I have those books, the Heroes of series and one copy of Dragon(where I got the idea of playing a Dhampyr with an admittedly stupid backstory. sweatdrop ) not much more. But, I would be game should you want to copy and paste the details to the powers/feats/etc.

(and glad you, and your family, are feeling better)  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:34 am
So since a lot has seemed to change in this thread since page one... or even the Mythweavers sheet wipe... I'm a little lost on who's still in this, and if it would be potentially taking anyone beyond the three who are already asking in on this page.

If it's open to any additional bodies for the party I could give it a shot making a paragon level character. I don't think Kavaki ever got to play after he hit 11, so it'd be my first one ever... not counting Lilly's game where Shi got to make a single skill check in the prologue before it ended.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:48 am
I know Rain is in, and myself (I'll get my character rehammered out after this weekend, doing stuff for niece's birthday). I don't know about anyone else (with a strong maybe on Kowsauni, whom I keep reading as Kowasuni...)  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:27 pm
Kowsauni
I would be interested in this if I could use some materials that aren't on Rains approval list. I pay for dnd insider and use their Character Builder so its really frustrating for me not to be able to use all material that has been legally released by the developers for the game and are part of the character builder.

It's mainly a balance issue for newer players. I don't have access to that content so I can't verify the honesty of utilized content. We've had questionable people here before. And I can't let some use it and not others.

In a game like Orb of Kendar where it has become all players who are experienced and I know, I'd actually allow it to be used.

Except psionics outsude of Dark Sun. mad no sci fi in my fantasy scream  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:18 pm
Well, if I am joining, so far I rolled on Rain's chart and it told me to play a Tiefling Monk. Which is an interesting one, but one I'm not sure how I'd fit into this story.

Also dunno what is in the party mix so far beyond Fighter and Swordmage. Kinda tempted to roll defender and make a theme of it.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:30 pm
Psychofish
Well, if I am joining, so far I rolled on Rain's chart and it told me to play a Tiefling Monk. Which is an interesting one, but one I'm not sure how I'd fit into this story.

Also dunno what is in the party mix so far beyond Fighter and Swordmage. Kinda tempted to roll defender and make a theme of it.

Ze Gooseh intented to Ranger. Tis why I rerolled when I got a ranger. I'm okay with two players playing the same class but I wasn't sure if he was so I didn't wait and rerolled, and committed.

Also, I was annoyed that I couldn't find any good paragon paths. That is to say, there ARE good ones, but story-wise, none really fit in with a shut-in swordmage. So I embraced wizardry instead because gosh dern it, paragon multiclassing is a thing.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff