Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Rain panders to the new blood - A new D&D 4e game! CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 5:04 pm
aqua_inc
New character and old character using new rolls:

Lucan, Elf Cleric

I would like to play as Lucan the most

You need +2 nature, +2 perception due to being an elf.

You need to include your Elven Accuracy with your powers.

You need your +2 to Will defenses for being a cleric.

I dunno why you have 31/30 hit points...

You have too many at-will powers. Nonhumans only start with 2.

You forgot your Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune, and Channel Divinity: Turn Undead powers.

I have you at 15 gp remaining (4 from sickles, 1 bolts, 25 crossbow, 15 SAK, 20 ritual fuel, 720 from magic items).

@ Your profile/background...

"Carries around a slightly-too-large " .......? You trailed off there.

Also, I'll encourage, but not push, you to consider slightly bumping up your character's age. Maybe 15-16'ish? 12 just seems a little too young. He can keep the part of being the full-fledged cleric at 12, but being level 2, you've done some work, some adventuring. It just strikes me as odd that the dragonborn would loose someone as young as you upon the dark, unforgiving world all alone.

But that's just my stance on it. I think it'll be hard for most NPCs to take your character seriously when he's that young, and clearly not a halfling due to the ears. Plus, being taller than halflings, narrower than dwarves, and smaller than everyone else, you'd have a hard time finding armor and gear suitable for your build.

That all aside, I really like your character! I look forward to seeing him in the game smile  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 5:07 pm
Madokamagica123
Sorry about all the madness. I'm new and I'll have it changed up, I'll letcha know when

It's no problem. This is part of the DMing process for me. Most of those mistakes aren't in your favor, so it'll do nothing but make you stronger when you fix it up!

I'm surprised you didn't stick with a b*****d prince character concept like you had originally asked about. There are other kings and other kingdoms. Heck, you could have actually been a legit prince of one of them if you had wanted.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Madokamagica123

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 5:25 pm
Rain Yupa
Madokamagica123
Sorry about all the madness. I'm new and I'll have it changed up, I'll letcha know when

It's no problem. This is part of the DMing process for me. Most of those mistakes aren't in your favor, so it'll do nothing but make you stronger when you fix it up!

I'm surprised you didn't stick with a b*****d prince character concept like you had originally asked about. There are other kings and other kingdoms. Heck, you could have actually been a legit prince of one of them if you had wanted.

Wait I can still do that?. I thought you meant like absolutely no bastards no matter what. so I guess I'll do that  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:10 pm
Madokamagica123
Rain Yupa
Madokamagica123

Wait I can still do that?. I thought you meant like absolutely no bastards no matter what. so I guess I'll do that

In short, no direct blood relations with this king. A child of a King whom{as royalty goes] is a cousin who needs a chart to prove any link. Maybe...  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:32 pm
Madokamagica123
Rain Yupa
Madokamagica123

If you wish to make a noble or royal character I would be interested and making a character that serves as your retainer.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:35 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Madokamagica123
Rain Yupa
Madokamagica123

In short, no direct blood relations with this king. A child of a King whom{as royalty goes] is a cousin who needs a chart to prove any link. Maybe...
Ah i see. thanks for the clarification!  

Madokamagica123

Madokamagica123

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:39 pm
Kowsauni
Madokamagica123
Rain Yupa
Madokamagica123

If you wish to make a noble or royal character I would be interested and making a character that serves as your retainer.

Sure thats a good idea!,

PS: I fixed up my character.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:08 pm
Madokamagica123
Rain Yupa
Madokamagica123

Sure, why not? If it doesn't force me to rewrite most of my plot, then you can be whatever you want, as long as it isn't purposely offensive or otherwise harmful to the process of me running a game.

You could be an envoy, or perhaps someone investigating the kingdom due to the unusual behavior. Or whatever you want.

From a DM perspective, you being X level of royalty of an otherwise completely unrelated background kingdom allows me, if I decided to do it, the ability to write plot around you later. Plot points for a DM to draw inspiration from = good. Making a DM rewrite plot for you = less good. 4laugh  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:22 pm
Madokamagica123
Sure thats a good idea!,

You've gone from one feat too few to one too many. Toughness (Ranger bonus) + Weapon Focus + Weapon Proficiency + Two Weapon Fighting = 4, and you should have 3. Unless you're hooman!

Your gold is incorrect. 2 Craghammers is 40gp, hide armor 30gp more. You have 800gp to start with. A +1 magic weapon or armor or other item is 360 gp though and you can get two of those with 80gp left over (which was my intent but by no means required). So you have more spending gold left!

Still missing your check penalty from hide armor (-1).

Base speed needs to be fixed. You've been watching too much The Flash on Netflix.

Your attack workspace is wrong. Your ability is +4, not +5. If you're copying over from the left, "+4" is your ability modifier, "+5" is your ability modifier with 1/2 your level added in. So in the attack space, you're adding in 1/2 your level twice. As a suggestion, in Attack Workspace and Damage Workspace, write in "Strength" in 'Ability 1' and possibly 'Ability 2' and it'll insert the write stats for you. Or any other ability score you want. Maybe "Dexterity"?

That's it for now. Gonna eat supper and be back later.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:35 pm
Actually I've changed my mind on the retainer thing, as it doesn't fit for the two characters I have in mind.

I will be playing either a wild looking petite elf who turns into a wolf to fight or an Avenger based on this character from a little ap game I'm playing.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was originally planing on making her a halfling but I don't have enough feats for what I want to do so it will have to be a Human instead.

Anyways I'm off to the movies. Will have to work on my character later.  

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 28 6-sided dice: 5, 2, 6, 3, 1, 5, 4, 3, 6, 3, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 4, 1, 1, 5, 3, 2, 4, 1, 1, 4, 5, 3 Total: 81 (28-168)

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:06 am
I will wait to decide what to play. Currently thinking a clan sibling of Thork(Paladin or Fighter), A rogue sniper, or warlock... Choices to make... In the morning...  
Kowsauni rolled 28 6-sided dice: 2, 3, 3, 3, 5, 1, 4, 2, 1, 4, 2, 6, 3, 4, 2, 5, 3, 3, 6, 1, 6, 3, 4, 4, 1, 6, 4, 1 Total: 92 (28-168)
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:58 am
I would go straight to point buy but Rain likes to see my depressing rolls so here it goes. rolleyes

Edit:

Not the worse set of stats I have ever rolled but probably a good close second or third. Equivalent of a 13 point buy. Time for roll number 2.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni rolled 28 6-sided dice: 5, 6, 6, 3, 3, 3, 4, 3, 6, 5, 1, 5, 6, 6, 6, 5, 4, 3, 1, 1, 5, 6, 6, 2, 4, 4, 5, 4 Total: 118 (28-168)

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:05 am
Set # 2

Edit:

eek Well...this might be my BEST stat roll ever in my long history in this guild. Don't think I will ever see this again.

I have decided on the Avenger. Will get her character sheet up tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:25 am
Rain Yupa
Madokamagica123
Sure thats a good idea!,

You've gone from one feat too few to one too many. Toughness (Ranger bonus) + Weapon Focus + Weapon Proficiency + Two Weapon Fighting = 4, and you should have 3. Unless you're hooman!

Your gold is incorrect. 2 Craghammers is 40gp, hide armor 30gp more. You have 800gp to start with. A +1 magic weapon or armor or other item is 360 gp though and you can get two of those with 80gp left over (which was my intent but by no means required). So you have more spending gold left!

Base speed needs to be fixed. You've been watching too much The Flash on Netflix.

Your attack workspace is wrong. Your ability is +4, not +5. If you're copying over from the left, "+4" is your ability modifier, "+5" is your ability modifier with 1/2 your level added in. So in the attack space, you're adding in 1/2 your level twice. As a suggestion, in Attack Workspace and Damage Workspace, write in "Strength" in 'Ability 1' and possibly 'Ability 2' and it'll insert the write stats for you. Or any other ability score you want. Maybe "Dexterity"?

Annnnnd done!  

Madokamagica123

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:01 am
Madokamagica123
Rain Yupa
Madokamagica123
Sure thats a good idea!,

Annnnnd done!

Still need to fix your base speed to 6 instead of 30 sweatdrop

I also don't understand your current "quick reference" damage. What do you mean by "1d10+B2+5+1R" and "1d10+B2+5+1N"?

You should, more or less, be taking the values from the Damage workspace over. But if it helps, here's what I recommend for your 4 lines:

Craghammer (Main) +7 1d10+5
Craghammer (Off) +7 1d10+4
Twin Strike (Main) +7 1d10+1
Twin Strike (Off) +7 1d10+0

Since you have the two-weapon fighting feat, the one in your dominant hand does +1 damage. Twin strike doesn't add your Strength modifier to damage though, so you have four different damage results. When you get Weapon Focus, all those will bump by 1 higher.

And your gold/equipment still needs to be adjusted sweatdrop Because right now, you have 2 mundane Crag Hammers and 1 mundane set of hide armor. You have 730 gp left. You can use that gold to buy magic items, or hoard it like a dragon (though I suggest converting some of it to platinum so you're not carrying 730 loose coins in your pocket; 1 pp = 100 gp).

If you want recommendations for magic items to spend that gold on, I'd be delighted to make them! You can get 2 and still have 10gp left over, or 1 and still have 370 gp.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff