Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Bath House (OOC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:01 am
PupSage
Rain Yupa
@ Shi: Without a rank in Athletics, you can't call the required raise. It means you'll have to spend a void point to do so (either for 1 rank in the skill for 1 roll so you can call raises, or for a free raise).

Of course, if you don't want to spend the void point, you can just let her go.

With 3 void, i think that i can spare it.

Slight error on my part; void points can't be free raises in this edition; however, it allows you to have 1 temporary rank in Athletics (4k3), and thus you can now spend raises. So you need to roll an extra die and handle explosions, as well as officially call your raise ("to catch up").

Alternatively, all of the above, but don't call the raise, and just smash through the paper wall.

Either way, declarations must be made.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:22 am
... i already rolled dice. Consider it spent. I guess that is 2 void points ******** it. I was just doing it for thematics. Let her get away.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:35 am
PupSage
... i already rolled dice. Consider it spent. I guess that is 2 void points ******** it. I was just doing it for thematics. Let her get away.

You rolled 3k3 on unskilled athletics. That was correct.

But if you spend a void point, it becomes 4k3 skilled athletics, meaning you need at least 1 more die. Plus there was a 10, so that's another die for the explosion. Only one void point is needed. (You can't actually spend 2 void points at once anyways!)

But if you don't want to spend the point, that's fine too.

EDIT: Or spend the void point for +1k1, no explosions (so just 1 more die, period) since it's just a 4k4 untrained skill roll now. But since you would still need that raise, you'd be obliged to go through the wall or else there's no point in attempting it anyways.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:46 am
If you WERE to use the void point and roll the extra die (and explosions), your post would/should look like:

"Spending a void point for 1 rank in the skill.
1 die for the rank, + ___ extra dice for explosions.
Calling a raise to catch up to her despite her lead."

Or something to that effect.

As a GM, I make it a matter of principle NOT to put words in my players' mouths about expendible resources like void points, or things that might make them fail, like raises. If you don't actually say it, it doesn't happen.

Especially since I gave you an alternative to NOT spend the void point (i.e., smashing through the wall). So you really need to declare which option you took.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:32 pm
Ah! Something that's my fault. I wrote Agility/Athletics then Agility/Athletics. Don't know why I repeated myself. Edited to reflect the Agility/Athletics then Agility/Jiujutsu, as I had originally intended.

It's why I said "keep your roll as the second result, just roll for the first seperately". I hadn't realized I wrote the wrong thing for the second skill roll. Entirely my fault ^-^ I was in the middle of a Mage Wars match at the time so my attention was diverted.

Terribly sorry about that. If I post a skill roll that doesn't make sense at first glance, please call me on it, I'll let you know if I actually meant it or not (odds are, I wrote the wrong thing).  
PupSage rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:41 pm
Rain Yupa
Ah! Something that's my fault. I wrote Agility/Athletics then Agility/Athletics. Don't know why I repeated myself. Edited to reflect the Agility/Athletics then Agility/Jiujutsu, as I had originally intended.

It's why I said "keep your roll as the second result, just roll for the first seperately". I hadn't realized I wrote the wrong thing for the second skill roll. Entirely my fault ^-^ I was in the middle of a Mage Wars match at the time so my attention was diverted.

Terribly sorry about that. If I post a skill roll that doesn't make sense at first glance, please call me on it, I'll let you know if I actually meant it or not (odds are, I wrote the wrong thing).

Ok, ill spend the void.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:33 am
Paidi tou Selini
[Raw Willpower 2k2 vs TN 15 to avoid Performing in a stressful situation = 12]

Should I be awaiting an addition to your post, or are you leaving it at that? So I know whether to post sooner or later.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:47 pm
Rain Yupa
Should I be awaiting an addition to your post, or are you leaving it at that? So I know whether to post sooner or later.

You can post. She'll start the performance in my next post.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:52 pm
Paidi tou Selini
Rain Yupa

You can post. She'll start the performance in my next post.

The window of opportunity (i.e. my lunch break) to type something lengthy just closed sweatdrop

But for my clarification for when I get home tonight: Kaichiyo's not actually singing yet?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:31 pm
Since Shi's not going to pursue peasant drama, the next post will be for everyone, and I need more time than my lunch break to work on it. Probably when I get home tonight? Anyways, here was my impression of me yesterday:

"My tummy still feels a little grumbly, maybe I should lay down for a minute til it passes."
<8 hours later>
"GDI. Okay, maybe I still have time for-"
<6 more hours pass>
"My... my Monday TT-TT"

Today is annual eye checkup, tomorrow is L5R CCG date, Thursday is dentist and maybe still game night. But tonight I should ideally get a post up!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:31 am
Raganui Minamoto
Strength to attempt to lift Kaichiyo to shoulder height so she can sit there, on his shoulder and arm.

3k3 - 18

If this roll isn't right, I'll reroll whatever in the OOC

@ Gendo, Kaichiyo:

Careful on the touchy! Unless you don't mind minor breach of etiquette loss (for both of you). If you don't, go ahead. The Unicorn are cool with it.

Otherwise, yes, it's a straight Raw Strength roll, which you rolled correctly smile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:10 pm
Gendo cares not.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:35 pm
All the edits! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:16 pm
Paidi tou Selini
Craaaap. Foiled by a woman and a dog. Of all the useless...

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:56 am
Mwhahahahahahahaha I got the rabbit girl!  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff