Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval
Dungeons & Dragons - The Orb of Kendar Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:57 pm
Mikah, the faithful seeker.

There was something that bothered her, she couldn't quite place what or where was it but she couldn't just ignore it. -Eh... I'll have a bowl of stew and a glass of wine, red please!.- The girl then started looking around trying to figure out what was it that was bothering her. Her father's words about surroundings conscience kept sounding within her mind.

(perception roll= natural 20!)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:35 pm
Dwalin Vikramsson
Captain of The Guard

After the girls had ordered their meals Dwalin spoke up too "And i'll have a the biggest mug of Wraitheim Silver if you've got any or whatever your strongest drink is if you don't, as for food i'll whatever has the most meat on it." Dwalin's years as the captain ment he knew when something was off but it was obvious he was way too tired from his travels to get a real good feeling for it so he just brushed it off as being tired.

(Perception roll = 1 + 3)

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:05 am
Aelgeirr the Vengeful Warlord

The eladrin tried to find a place within the tavern by conventional means, but was stymied. Aelgeirr had a good idea that if he wanted more than trail rations tonight, he'd better take drastic measures. Carefully, very carefully, Aelgeirr moved as close as he could to the door of the tavern and took a good look inside. He quickly found an empty spot. It was next to the group from the inn, hopefully, they were used to having an eladrin....POP

POP Next to them. Hopefully they didn't notice and he could pretend he was standing here all this time. Now to await for whatever passed for service in this place and maybe find some gainful employment.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:56 am
The waitress would smile slightly and roll her eyes at Ambra's request, then nodded at hers and Mikah's orders. Upon Dwalin's, her face would frown slightly, as if in regret. "Aw, sorry, love. I don't think we carry that brand. But I'll go ask the boss, he'll know it, and we'll bring the closest thing."

At some point, the Eladrin from the inn decided to appear mysteriously in the last open seat, rather than walk over. Eladrin are mysterious like that!

The waitress nodded to the group, seeming unperturbed by the display, seemingly accustomed to such things, and the lack of high elf appetites for human cuisine. "I'll be back with your orders as soon as I can. It's a full house, but it usually is and we're pretty well staffed, so it shouldn't be too long. And one of Zelda's discounts, got it. My name is Bryanna, in case you need me for anything." She would smile to the lot of you one last time before turning and heading back towards the kitchen.

Dwalin! With your perception check, you're like, 110% sure she winked at you before she left! As you observe, she certainly has a swagger in her walk that catches your attention! What was with that last comment, anyways? Was she coming on to you? Maybe she has a thing for beards!

Mikah! With your perception check, amongst other things, you will note that Bryanna did not wink at anyone, if it comes up. But more importantly, despite the noise level in the tavern, you hear what sounds like restless horses. A lot of restless horses. The few elves (wood elves, not Eladrin like that other fellow) in the tavern seem to pick up on it too, but they seem to blow it off and go back to their meals and conversations. Also, you suspect that this is the result of getting that natural 20, and not because it was the skill check you were supposed to make.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:09 pm
Dwalin Vikramsson
Captain of The Guard

Raising an eyebrow as the waitress walked away, he turned to look at the girls "Did she just wink at me? i could of sworn she just winked at me." Nah she couldn't have...could she? the dwarf thought to himself as he looked back towards the waitress. "You're just like your father Mikah, i never saw him drink much else other than wine, i had to force the stronger stuff onto him most of the time, so that dagger, would you like to hear the story now?."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:16 pm
Ambra Goldstar
Mage in Training

User Image

Ambra was relieved when the waitress took her her order without questioning it. Usually she would have to convince them she was old enugh to drink. She then jumped a little bit as the eladrin teleported into a seat next to them. "Um, wow! Is he a friend of yours?" Ambra would curiously ask Mikah and Dwalin.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:01 am

The sudden appearance of the Eladrin at their table startled the ranger, who was muffling her giggles at Dwalin's comment on the waitress winking at him. -No, I've never seen him in my life... can we help you?- Still unsure on how to react to him she only managed to stare awkwardly at him.

Dwalin's words about the story of the dagger brought her back to reality. -Oh yes! please do!.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:34 pm
Aelgeirr, The vengeful warlord.

The Eladrin would stand and give a proper bow. "Please forgive me. The pub seemed full and I aimed for the most uncrowded spot." The warlord would simply state. "I am Aelgeirr Afvar, a wandering warrior in search of gainful employment that match my skills. Do you mind if I sit here? If not, I'll go and leave you to your dinner."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:42 pm
Ambra Goldstar
Mage in Training

User Image

"Well, I don't mind!" Ambra stated enthusiastically. "The more the merrier! Dwalin here was just about to tell us story about a dagger!"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:27 am
Dwalin Vikramsson
Captain of The Guard

Dwalin glared at the Eladrin when he sat back down, there was something in the dwarves eye, was it mistrust or did it go deeper than that? No matter what it was he had a story to tell so looking away from the Eladrin he began to tell the story "Well the story begins with your father just coming off from one of his adventures and being close to Wraitheim, he visited and stayed a few days to recover and see his old pal Dwalin, during his stay we had been receiving more and more reports of merchant caravans being hit on their way to and from Wraitheim so with your father being the kind of man he was, he offered to help us track down the source of these problems. He leaned in closer and continued to speak "While something we usually try to avoid, we required some bait to draw out these attackers so we asked a few of the caravans to pose as bait so we could find out just where they were coming from and put a stop to it. It took a few tries but eventually one of them got hit and we managed to track them up the mountain to what in Wraitheim is known as Sylvin's Door, it's an old outpost that was completely over run hundreads of years ago by giants we managed to take it back but the place was far too gone to be braught back to it's former glory. So once we tracked them back to Sylvin's Door we ran into a large group of trolls calling the outpost their home, it was strange since trolls weren't known to roam that area near the city, we were unprepared for what we found... Dwalin stopped mid sentence

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:27 am
Realizing an anecdotal tale when she saw one, Bryanna did not interrupt when she returned with the drinks. Dwalin's drink, a golden drink smelling heavily of beer that was bubbling and frothing actively, was placed by his hand in a tall, wide steel mug. A generously tall glass of clear red wine was placed before Mikah, while Ambra got a glass of matching size, filled with... water.

She hesitated a moment to see if Aelgeirr would ask her for anything, but it was a gesture done mostly as a courtesy rather than actually expecting anything from him (he WAS an Eladrin in a Human establishment, after all...). But at that moment, a piercing scream of a woman sounded from outside the tavern as all the chatter quickly died down, leaving the entire place quiet..... for the moment.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:43 pm
Ambra Goldstar
Mage in Training

User Image

Ambra was completely absorbed in Dwalin's story so much so that she did not realize her drink was the wrong color. However, before she could discover her disappointment she heard the woman's scream from outside.

Ambra quickly jumped to her feet and shouted, "What was that!?" Without a second thought she barreled her way through the crowded inn to the outside. She quickly looked around to try and determine the source of the scream.

(lol 3 perception check, hopefully the source is right in front of me)  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:22 pm

Hearing of her father made her feel as if he was so close, Dwalin's words made it feel as if he was somewhere near. The glass of wine brought to her back to the real world. She smiled and thanked the wench with a small nod.

When the ranger was about to have the first sip of wine when a woman's shout startled her. The half-elf instinctively jumped off her place and ran after Ambra to find out what was happening.

(perception= 8+6= 14)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:02 am
Aelgeirr the Vengeful Warlord

Aelgeirr made an attempt to ...not hear the tale the stout dwarf was relating, it was most likely not meant for his ears anyways. He was about to ask the waitress for a menu, but as soon as he opened his mouth a scream erupted from outside the building.

OOC: Perception = 14+1=15  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:57 pm
Dwalin Vikramsson
Captain of The Guard

Dwalin grabbed the mug and raised it to his lips but before he could even taste it, everybody heard the scream that came from outside, putting the mug back down on the table he rushed outside to see where the scream came from.

(perception 19+3 = woo?)

[D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces