Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 1 - Beast of a Thousand Knives (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:09 pm
Revenge would casually hoist his halberd back onto his plated shoulder, exhale slowly, then turn to follow the others, making it a point to not make eye contact with Poa.

He would try to share a glance with Kuori though, apparently thinking the same thing she was.

"I think we all should talk when we get a moment," he would say aloud, to no one in particular, after about a minute or so. When they had gone far enough from the gate, anyways.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:23 pm
The main gate was about a mile out from the town center so the adventures still had a bit to walk. The grazing fields on the outskirts of town eventually gave way to an apple orchard. Rows upon rows of apple trees now flanked the road that the party walked along. A few field hands could be seen tending to the trees. They all stopped what they were doing and curiously watched the party as they walked past them down the road. Up ahead the center of the town could be seen with little figures moving about.

The center of the town consisted of a large open town square that had a platform constructed in the middle of it along with small bell tower. Around the edges of the square there were several large buildings that looked to be various shops and warehouses. The biggest building looked to be some sort of a meeting hall. It was single story with a wide and squat design. On the other side of it there was a large Church of Pelor. There looked to be only one Inn in town. The name of the establishment could not be made out yet at this distance.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:16 pm
User Image
Kuori stayed quiet until the willows became small in the hind view and the town was upon them. "Soooooo .... that was suspicious as all nine hells." There was a bit more to the gate guard than she cared to know. Sardis may have been spot on with the weed killer comment.

[Perception: 23 Looking for oddities within the town, as well as the tavern name.]  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:34 pm
User Image
The town got quiet and people began to whisper. This happened yesterday too, but Gloom hadn't gotten the inside view. "Travelers." He said, his voice but a whisper. He pushed forward his glass, water, not beer, and scooted out his chair, being as noisy as possible. Let them bask in it. Even if Gloom wasn't the hero they needed, he was the hero they deserved. BATMAN! As he stood the very shadows seemed to cling to him, his cloak billowing in a non-existent wind. Then he exited the tavern, looking down at the four approaching adventurers.  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:06 pm
"Agreed," Revenge would respond, making a point not to look back over his shoulder.

"... we should mentally prepare ourselves for dealing with that before this is over. Let's not rush it, but I think we should expect it."

Revenge would make no eye contact with the gawkers, feeling it would make a better impression if they appeared to have a purpose other than mischief. Walking with purpose helped with that, generally.

"... however..." Someone up ahead seemed keenly interested in the group, someone who looked like they could be trouble. Revenge would slow his pace, hopefully to a complete stop if the others followed suit, as he did look forward at someone who looked like they danced with the devil in the pale moonlight.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:18 pm
Kuori's keen eyes pick out the details on the carved wooden sign outside the Inn like structure. Upon it is the carved figure of a rotund, orange fox. To the left of the figure, written in fancy lettering, are the words "The Fat Fox."

Other than that, nothing seems seems out of the ordinary in the town--well besides the party itself, and the shadowy figure now walking towards them. Kuori would notice they are getting a lot of looks from the locals, not necessarily unfriendly, but definitely curious. Locals seem to pay particular attention to the weapons everyone is carrying. Kuori is left with the feeling that armed adventurers must be a pretty rare occurrence in this town, and thus a matter of interest.  

Kowsauni
Crew

I Drink Blue Moon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:26 pm
User Image

[[The weapon isn't there unless I summon it.]]
[Diplomacy 25]

Good guys never wear black they say ... Whoever said that never needed to be stealthy, or stay warm in winter, or look insanely cool. It created a bad stereotype. Gloom walked towards the group as they slowed down. There were only two possible paths here, they were either allies or enemies, no other reason to enter town with weapons and armor. Time to get polite.
He lowered his hood and pulled down his mask. His eyes and teeth shined brightly against his black skin.
"Howdy Ho Adventures!" He loosened up his posture as he spoke. "Are you here to help hunt down The Beast of a Thousand Knives?"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:47 pm
(Bleh, busy week was busy!)

Revenge would just kind of stare at the man for a few moments in silence. No one else was speaking up, so it must have been left up to him to do the talking.

"Er... yes... 'howdy ho'," the Tiefling would awkwardly respond at first, then clearing his throat. "We are here to hunt down the Beast. I didn't realize the call for aid was to simply be back-up and help out."

He would tilt his head slightly to the side, taking stock in the fellow for a second. "You wouldn't be Mister Redford by any chance, would you? If so, I think we have a formal complaint to register about your front door."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:17 am
User Image
Howdy Ho? What kind of nightmarishly freaky town had they wondered into. Revenge started doing the talking. Tieflings were good at that right? Though something told her that the heavily armored man in all black wasn't the mouthpiece of the town.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:27 am
User Image
Thava continued on towards the village when the others stopped. She would have responded, but Revenge beat her to it. "It appears that somebody arrived before us. Or at least I assume as much. He seems more heavily armored than most of the villages, and a bit discolored." She continued up until she got got near the bar. "Lets have a small meeting before seeking out the councilman."  

Onlin3 Gam3r

Dapper Noob

2,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Member 100

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:37 pm
((I Drink Blue Moon will be given 24 hours to respond before I temporarily npc his character to move this story forward.))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:45 pm
User Image
Gloom's face became confused, "I am not Redford. The name that the Shadowlands gave me is Gloom. I arrived last night to hunt the beast."

((I was waiting on you.))  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:14 pm
"Hmm..."

Rather than addressing Gloom directly, Revenge (what's with our naming scheme, anyways??) turned his head towards Thava. "I think that is a good idea. Should Mister Gloom join us, you think?"

While spoken to Thava, the question was directed at Kuori as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:38 pm
User Image
Kuori muttered under her breath, "The more meatshields the better." She took the cue from Thava and headed towards the Obese Otter, or whatever the inn was in this town.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Onlin3 Gam3r

Dapper Noob

2,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:03 pm
User Image
Thava touched her clawed finger to her chin and said, "As appreciated as the extra help would be, I cannot be sure of his character. Let us retire to the Fox and Gloom can tell us what he knows and why he might be an asset to our team." She followed Kuori towards the bar.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff