Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Dalcaria Reborn! (Accepting Profiles!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you interested in any of the roleplays below?
  Yes.
  No.
  Maybe.
View Results

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:58 pm
I'd join up. I still feel bad for abandoning The Inquisitors, and Gaia for that matter.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:15 am
The Lady Reaper
Ah okay, I'll have to look them up then.Still doubt. I'll be able to get into it though.My taste run more towards Mary Shelly and Bram Stoker.

Still leaning way too much towards the PreEmpire one lol.Ive got this character stuck in my head that would explain a great deal why Aydan was the way she was in the Inquisitors.But the war that unified the empire may work as well.

Ah, fair enough. Well, it also involves Sithious quite a bit, monsters a few hundred feet tall, dark magic with green glowy auras and such. Zombies and other dark creatures are involved too, but take some time and debate it over with yourself. Also worth noting this is a world war 1 style roleplay, so very heavy dark war elements and such. I like to think of this as one of my grittier settings.

Alright, well both may be interesting ones to go with, but if I do go with the Pre-War roleplay, "The Ancestors" sounds like the best title.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:17 am
The_Sane_Hatter
I'd join up. I still feel bad for abandoning The Inquisitors, and Gaia for that matter.

No worries, I'd be overjoyed to have you back in! If we do go ahead with one of these ideas, I'd love to see what you come up with for a character!

Speaking of all this, what roleplays are you most interested in seeing done?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:12 am
Lord Sithious
The_Sane_Hatter

No worries, I'd be overjoyed to have you back in! If we do go ahead with one of these ideas, I'd love to see what you come up with for a character!

Any of them, honestly. I know that's really not helpful in narrowing anything down, but I'm kind of an indecisive person.  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:41 am
The_Sane_Hatter
Lord Sithious
The_Sane_Hatter

Any of them, honestly. I know that's really not helpful in narrowing anything down, but I'm kind of an indecisive person.

That's alright! XD Maybe I'll do a vote on it or something, we'll see. If you've got any character ideas for any of the ones I've suggested so far, go ahead and post them though!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:13 pm
Can I join in  

Wazi Kong

Liberal Conversationalist

6,950 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:08 pm
Reo Kage
Can I join in

Absolutely! Give me some feedback on some of the roleplay ideas and let me know what you think. Medieval roleplays will make it harder to play races that aren't on continental Dalcaria itself, but I can work something out if people really want to play non-Dalcarian races.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:04 pm
User ImageIf we end up doing the Medieval unification idea, which I'm now slightly partial towards, I'm assuming the land would be populated with various smaller kingdoms and fiefs, in various states of war with one another. And during one of these power struggles, a Knight could find himself suddenly without a Lord and land to serve, and be forced to wander about, dishonored, in perpetual quest for non-specific vengeance and the reclamation of his honor. Or, you know, would just have wandering knights, one of which is particularly upset and goes about beheading foes with a zweihander for some reason.

What I'm saying is I might have an idea for a character that wanders about, beheading foes with a zweihander because it helps him work through his issues.  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Wazi Kong

6,950 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:17 pm
I'd go medieval or steampunk. Sane that's some crazy s word you're talking about lol  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:40 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
User ImageIf we end up doing the Medieval unification idea, which I'm now slightly partial towards, I'm assuming the land would be populated with various smaller kingdoms and fiefs, in various states of war with one another. And during one of these power struggles, a Knight could find himself suddenly without a Lord and land to serve, and be forced to wander about, dishonored, in perpetual quest for non-specific vengeance and the reclamation of his honor. Or, you know, would just have wandering knights, one of which is particularly upset and goes about beheading foes with a zweihander for some reason.

What I'm saying is I might have an idea for a character that wanders about, beheading foes with a zweihander because it helps him work through his issues.

xd I love this idea! And for the record, whether we do Pre-Empire or Unification, there will be smaller states dotted around the continent for us to fight against, have fought with, or to fight for (ie. rescuing them from someone else let's say), so there are PLENTY of options open for a wandering knight! In fact, there will basically be two kinds of nations in the Unification tale, nations who want a united Dalcaria, and nations that don't. More often then not, the nations who don't want it will be evil or lead by evil people at least, though some may be good, but in cases like that we're going to have to find another way to get them on the unity side, like diplomacy, or scratching their back. xp  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:41 pm
Reo Kage
I'd go medieval or steampunk. Sane that's some crazy s word you're talking about lol

Sounds like a plan. Alright then, I'll probably consider doing the Unification era, if Lady Reaper is interested. We may have to all do a vote or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:42 pm
I Have a personality I've already started and a sort of multi-talented build to Him.  

Wazi Kong

6,950 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:20 pm
Reo Kage
I Have a personality I've already started and a sort of multi-talented build to Him.

Excellent! Go ahead and post him once you've finished him up! By the way, to everyone else, I will probably play a female character in one of these roleplays, so you'll get to see me play a female for the first time! Actually, I'm probably one of the few men on here to play a female now that I think of it. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:33 am
I want too!!!!  

NamekWoman

Cluttered Lover

9,650 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:56 pm
User Image
Username: The_Sane_Hatter
Name: Sir Gregory Lowsley, revenant Knight of West Woods
Race/Nationality/Species: Clarendonian, of a kingdom since fallen
Orientation: Straight
Personality: Gregory, ever since the fall of his home, has grown vengeful and bitter, to the point of madness. Devastated by the loss of his home, lord, and family, his cold, violent rage is held back solely by the remaining shreds of his honor. He can get a tad bit psychotic in combat. He once was quite good-natured, it is yet to be seen if he ever could be again.

Education: Gregory received a decent education. He knows basic math, basic science, and can read and write. Unfortunately, he learned to read and write a language seldom used by anyone other than a particular sect of traditionalist monks of his faith anymore, so his practical reading and writing is quite limited.

Factions: Since the fall of his kingdom, Gregory serves no lord. Given his violent nature towards the knights, and lords, of several neighboring kingdoms, he could be considered somewhat of a criminal. Or a ghost story.

Religion/Philosophy: Gregory worships the spirits of ancient warriors of old who laid down the laws of honorable combat millennia ago. He feels he has offended them by his failure to defend his lord and land twelve years ago, and must regain his standing with them by offering the souls of vanquished foes.
Political Ideals: While currently neutral in the debacle of how the land should be governed, Gregory could be persuaded to fight for either side.

Biography: Gregory’s father, his father before him, and his father before him, were all knights. Meaning he had quite a reputation to live up to. At eight he went to begin his training. As a lad, he aspired to rise and be the greatest knight in the kingdom. And he possessed the skill to do so. Unfortunately, or fortunately, he grew up, unlike his ancestors, in a time of peace in his kingdom. Eventually, he got over his desires for endless glory, and settled for captain of his Lord’s royal guard at eighteen. At twenty, he married, and they had a wonderful son. But his small kingdom, like the rest of the surrounding land, got caught in a power struggle, and war was declared. His dreams of glory caught up to him once more, and he found himself leading the charge into battle against his Lord’s foes, and routing all those who would take up arms against him. However, his skill and reputation proved to be his downfall, as he could not turn down the challenge to meet a neighboring knight on the fields of battle. It was a trap, and by the time he realized the enemy was not planning on showing, it was too late. The army returned in time to watch the walls of their home fall, and to watch as the people they had pledged to protect were butchered. It became a bloodbath at that point, and when all was done, Gregory was practically alone, both armies had destroyed each other. His kingdom gone, his Lord and family both dead, he found himself to blame, and began to wander the land, desperately trying to atone for his failures.

How did you end up at the Palace: (Dunno if applicable? If it is, he’s probably picking a fight.)

Skills: A well-trained fighter, Gregory can make do with practically any weapon. He also is quite adept at taking proper care of arms and armor.

Transportation: Walking, if needed he’s hitched rides with caravans and wagons as protection.
Home: A wanderer, Gregory has no home, but he feels better in Clarendon than in other provinces.

Likes: A good fight, well-crafted arms and armor, honorable foes, the forests.
Dislikes: Reading, nobles, wizards, cloudless days, neighboring provinces.

Weapons: His Zweihander stills holds its edge.
Clothing/Armor: Gregory, despite lacking a squire, has taken quite good care of his armor throughout the years.
Powers: Gregory has held onto the charms and blessings of his kingdom throughout the years. He is blessed with the grace of the winds, allowing him to move more efficiently in his armor, and maneuver his sword easier.

Theme Song: Dark Souls II OST - The Rotten

Hopefully this mostly works for now. I'm guessing you'll probably make some changes to the bio at some point, but I can go back and fix things, and maybe actually come up with a name for this kingdom of ash and ruin. I had to resist the urge to make him some sort of ghost as well.

AND YAY MORE PEOPLE. Or person.  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces