Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Polyamory Guild

Back to Guilds

Polyamorous education, discussion, support. 

Tags: polyamory, polyamorous, poly, nonmonogamy 

Reply Gaian Polyamory Guild
Clearly Consensual Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:15 pm
Cuddlepoo

I'll quote a short thing I have read in the article that totally cracked me up:

Quote:
"Most students don't know what consent is," she said. "I've asked at the workshops how many people think if a girl is blacked out drunk that it's OK to have sex with her. The amount of people who raised their hands was just startling."

rofl rofl rofl

OMG! That's just as stupid as some item that was on the news a few weeks ago; about 40% of the Americans believe that the sun revolves around the earth.

xd

It's hard to believe this is about college students. wtf do kids learn @ schools in America? Not much if I should believe all these items.

schools in america teach that women's worth is defined by how sexy they appear to men and how little sex they have had. it's pretty ******** terrible.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:13 am
I worked for two different American companies in the past. Both of them had weird sexual herassment policies. In both cases it had everything to do with giving consent, so there were people working there to help out with procedures to deal with the 'attackers'. Back then I thought it was hilarious. but now I'm beginning to understand where that comes from. Thanks for this topic guys!  

Noble Legolas

Hardworking Sex Symbol

13,500 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Oxyria

Dapper Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:23 pm
Chieftain Twilight
Oxyria
About the quote, it's clearly not OK, and so many people feel entitled to predate on other people in moments of extreme vulnerability. It's the theme of popular entertainment ("Get a girl drunk so she'll take you home"). It's the subject of so many jokes. The rate of sexual assault is terrifying and is really telling of how violently misogynistic the culture we live within is.
It's the reason I make sure I have a support network of friends who know where I'm going and when I'm going there. It's why I'm very careful about how much I drink (if I do), and where I drink. It's the reason I don't walk alone at night in a city. Every single female person knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I really can't laugh about it. It's way too common and I have no tolerance for it.

None of this is to undermine that men are sexually assaulted too. I realize that there's not as much dialogue and it's not usually acknowledged. It's just that it's not such a common theme (which is admittedly part of why it's not as widely acknowledged). Mostly I'm saying with all this is that the rape of women is usually considered socially acceptable, and that's ******** class="clear">

100% agree. though you already knew that about me.

Of course C:  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:39 pm
Cuddlepoo
I worked for two different American companies in the past. Both of them had weird sexual herassment policies. In both cases it had everything to do with giving consent, so there were people working there to help out with procedures to deal with the 'attackers'. Back then I thought it was hilarious. but now I'm beginning to understand where that comes from. Thanks for this topic guys!

I just hope I didn't come across as too rude. I know I have an abrasive personality. you should see the state of the forums because of it!  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:31 pm
I think the bill has a little merit, but I can see it easily abused.

Generally, if I am choosing to have sex under the influence of drugs or alcohol, my partner and I discuss if sex is going to be a thing when we are in altered states.

Also, sex high on pot is amaze-balls. That is all.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:12 am
Chieftain Twilight
I just hope I didn't come across as too rude. I know I have an abrasive personality. you should see the state of the forums because of it!

I think holding grudges against people on the internet is a waste of energy. Lucky you wink
Blackrose_Knight
I think the bill has a little merit, but I can see it easily abused.

Generally, if I am choosing to have sex under the influence of drugs or alcohol, my partner and I discuss if sex is going to be a thing when we are in altered states.

Also, sex high on pot is amaze-balls. That is all.

Hell yeah it is! blaugh I can think of a few other toxins that work well with sex, but I won't promote them all here.  

Noble Legolas

Hardworking Sex Symbol

13,500 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Gaian Polyamory Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers