Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e Recruitment - Under Siege (3/3 slots filled) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:01 pm
Is there still room?

Also, the background says, "If you really feel the need." but, the part under the house rules says, "Your character's fluff background + description count as part of your sheet, and is required."

I am confused, are backgrounds needed or not?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:46 pm
glitterboypilot
Is there still room?

Also, the background says, "If you really feel the need." but, the part under the house rules says, "Your character's fluff background + description count as part of your sheet, and is required."

I am confused, are backgrounds needed or not?

Sorry, that was a DM assumption on my part. I'm used to people in my games, and games I've played in, going "are backgrounds allowed?", meaning the PHB2 Backgrounds (the one that will give you generally +2 skill bonus or a bonus language). Which is different from character background.

So PHB2 Backgrounds are optional, if you're really gung-ho about it. PC backgrounds are mandatory.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:14 pm
Found the disguise kit! I thought such items would be towards the beginning of the book, or the very end, but they squeezed them in like 20 page in before the end. Tricky tricky!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:56 pm
Forgive me, but I am kind of lost... It has been too long since I played and can't seem to figure a few things out.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=974691

I will finish the fluff stuff tomorrow, by the latest.  

glitterboypilot

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:08 pm
glitterboypilot
Forgive me, but I am kind of lost... It has been too long since I played and can't seem to figure a few things out.

YOU, SIR, HAVE NO CLASS. *monocle*

Have 1000/2250 xp, btw. It's what you need to get to level 2.

Contrary to popular belief, you are not ageless, unless you are me IRL.

Human defense bonuses aren't enhancement bonuses, like from your magical gear. I'd list those under Misc. If they were enhancement, they wouldn't stack.

Wizards get a +2 Will class bonus.

You get the Ritual Casting feat for free.

As a note, I offer both versions of Magic Missile, you can choose one at character creation. The original version (which you have) which does more damage but relies on an attack roll, or the updated version which does less damage but auto-hits. If you need the stats to make an informed choice, let me know.

You don't have the Dexterity for Destructive Wizardry.

You get a second Tome of Replenishing Flame fire power. The only other valid option is Summon Fire Warrior (AP). You don't HAVE to take it, but letting you know it exists.

Your armor should be listed as "+1 Fireburst Cloth Armor" or something to that effect.

You have 345 gold not accounted for.

No physical description? D: (Height & weight too, I don't care how self-conscious your character is about them).

Cloth armor has an armor bonus of 0. Your +1 from magic armor gets put in Enh bonus up above.

Don't forget your speed!

Seems like a lot, but a lot of them are tiny minor fixes smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:13 pm
Sorcerer AND Wizard as 2/3 players! Player #3 will have their work cut out for him or her!

Maybe xxDanielleDelacroixyy?
xxDanielleDelacroixyy

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:22 pm
If Mlle. Delacroixyy doesn't wish for the spot, I'll see how quickly I can make a character. I kind of have a smashy urge of late.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:44 am
I was looking around for 4e books that could help me create my character and after talking to Kowsauni it seems like it'd be a bit impossible for me to make a character without owning at least a PDF version of the books that I'd need.

Which is just a long about way of saying I don't have what I need to make a character so I can't. So feel free to be as smashy as you'd like Plainsfox.

Plainsfox

xxDanielleDelacroixyy

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:47 pm
xxDanielleDelacroixyy
I was looking around for 4e books that could help me create my character and after talking to Kowsauni it seems like it'd be a bit impossible for me to make a character without owning at least a PDF version of the books that I'd need.

Which is just a long about way of saying I don't have what I need to make a character so I can't. So feel free to be as smashy as you'd like Plainsfox.

Plainsfox

I've helped people before by typing out everything they need to know about their class and abilities in PMs before. Doesn't bother me to do so again.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:09 pm
glitterboypilot

Things you missed from the first audit:

You now only have 25/28 points for your point buy after fixing your Dex.

Your armor should be listed as "+1 Fireburst Cloth Armor" or something to that effect.

Still lacking an age + physical description of your d00d.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:48 pm
Rain Yupa
glitterboypilot

Things you missed from the first audit:

You now only have 25/28 points for your point buy after fixing your Dex.

Still lacking an age + physical description of your d00d.

Sorry, somethings didn't save well on my phone. And last weekend real life became hectic, as both mine and my roommate's cars became very sick. On top of that, I didn't know if I wanted to stay a Wizard, or turn into a Fighter. Because I just want to get into a game, Wizard won out; but next game I will so make a Fighter.

You said, there was another Magic Missile? May I see the stats on the second one? Chances are I will stay with this one, just would like to know for certain.

And everything should be set now, unless if I choose to switch Magic Missile out. Again, sorry for the wait.

On a side note, I want to yell at the players in your Hell or High water game.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:40 pm
glitterboypilot
You said, there was another Magic Missile? May I see the stats on the second one? Chances are I will stay with this one, just would like to know for certain.

Type, keywords, action, range, target remain the same. No attack roll.

Effect: 2+Int mod Force damage.
Level 11: 3+Int mod Force damage.
Level 21: 5+Int mod Force damage.
Special: This power counts as a RBA. When a power allows you to make a RBA, you can use this power. If the implement used has an enchancement bonus, add that bonus to damage.

So basically a +1 magic wand would do +2 damage. +2 wand, +4, etc. Less damaging than the original version, but always hits.

glitterboypilot

This made me laugh. This made me laugh a lot.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:50 pm
Rain Yupa
glitterboypilot

Type, keywords, action, range, target remain the same. No attack roll.

Effect: 2+Int mod Force damage.
Level 11: 3+Int mod Force damage.
Level 21: 5+Int mod Force damage.
Special: This power counts as a RBA. When a power allows you to make a RBA, you can use this power. If the implement used has an enchancement bonus, add that bonus to damage.

So basically a +1 magic wand would do +2 damage. +2 wand, +4, etc. Less damaging than the original version, but always hits.

glitterboypilot

This made me laugh. This made me laugh a lot.

Glad, I could brighten your day.

Swapping missile for this one, and done.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:05 pm
I might be interested, just a few questions. If these was answered elsewhere, sorry.

Swordmage is only in Forgotten Realms and Arcane Power, only one of those is in the allowed list. Does that mean if we pick Swordmage it has to be the one form Arcane power?

Would it be game breaking, if the character was ordered to join in the fight from another Barony? As a backstory, I mean...

More might come later.  

Xun Ira

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:10 pm
Sheet for first pass

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=7055  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild