Submit

ChiiDoLLx

Vice Captain

Smol Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:04 pm
Kai_Chi

ɖ σ ʟ ʟ • • •
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I've got a few artists down for the auction idea... and I was planning on using the small contribution to hold a "group auction."

We have a theme picked: twisted fairytale.

It's just going to be a simple auction, starting bid is 12mil (so that there's 1mil for each active artist right now). I am hoping for more than 24mil so that I can give 2mil/artist and then some more for those who are participating for fun and mods who are holding the event together.

So I'll continue with this auction... see how far it gets us... is that okay with you? ouo;; *3/4 of the way there already*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:38 pm
All of the 100 Day participants who are also in the auction have expressed enthusiasm for the idea. In fact, it was Cupcakechan's idea in the first place. It's really not a burden.

If Kai really doesn't want the auction affiliated with the guild at all, we can take our planning to the Art Pricing forum (that also has auction setup) and work from there, and just keep the gold for ourselves. :3  

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

Kai_Chi
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:15 pm
Xelyn_X13
Kai_Chi

Ok I'm gonna make a call here because I can see where not really advancing on this topic.

Personally I like the idea of holding a guild art auction but I don't think its a good idea to tie it to the 100 day event. Because I believe it adds to much extra stress/work for the contestants and the mods. So we will do this, just not right now.

I think what we should do is hold an art raffle at the end of the event like we spoke about in the past. I think we should allow the winner the chance to choose which artist they want to draw them and then we will commission the artist . I have a grand total of only 4 mill in my account right now : P so the artist who will be commissioned must cost less than 4 mill.

And thats... it haha... XD if you guys see any problems with this feel free to let me know : ) If not I say we do that, and call this topic resolved.

I don't think that's fair to the winners though. Because then even if there are several winners, only one of them get's a prize at random while the others get nothing.

yes but I simply can't afford to give everyone who finish's a reasonable prize this year. Last year alone the gold given out was something like 13 mill and same thing the year before. Originally we were thinking of giving no prize at all this year. Its only because people showed interest in the art raffle that we decided to do it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:18 pm
II Little China DoLL II
Shestval

Alright well if everyone is fine with continuing with the art auction I have no problem with that neither : ) I just don't want people to stress out over it, thats all.  

Kai_Chi
Captain

ChiiDoLLx

Vice Captain

Smol Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:28 pm
Kai_Chi
II Little China DoLL II
Shestval

Alright well if everyone is fine with continuing with the art auction I have no problem with that neither : ) I just don't want people to stress out over it, thats all.

ɖ σ ʟ ʟ • • •
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Yeah, I know what you mean! But creative people have found a way to incorporate the 100-day with this auction idea~ which is really awesome of them :>

How have you been? Now that we're done talking about prizes-- I have big visions with this auction, depending on how it goes~~ ouo;;

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:40 pm
II Little China DoLL II

How have you been? Now that we're done talking about prizes-- I have big visions with this auction, depending on how it goes~~ ouo;;

I've been ok. I've sadly got a lot of real life stuff going on right now that needs to be addressed, but I'm holding up fairly well. And you?

what kind of big plans did you have in mind? : ) or did you reveal everything already in your art auction thread?  

Kai_Chi
Captain

ChiiDoLLx

Vice Captain

Smol Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:50 pm
Kai_Chi
I've been ok. I've sadly got a lot of real life stuff going on right now that needs to be addressed, but I'm holding up fairly well. And you?

what kind of big plans did you have in mind? : ) or did you reveal everything already in your art auction thread?

ɖ σ ʟ ʟ • • •
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Oh, I understand the "lot of real life going on right now" sort of thing since I have my own to deal with-- school, bills, homework, more bills..... =w=;; Being an adult isn't fun....... it's just money, money issues, and more issues regarding money.

I revealed my plan in the auction thread in the guild... so that people know where things may head........ but the 50mil was the original AB (Shev corrected me and said it's too low.... so now we have no auto-buy) xD;; If we go over, we would have enough for next year without worries!! <33

** I've decided to not put an auto-bid.... but I am seeking for 50mil to cover all expenses.
        ** SB is 12mil so that if we do get that amount, I would have at least 1mil per current active artist
        ** 24mil would be ideal so that it can be jumped to 2mil/artist
        ** 50mil would give the 2mil/artist + something for the participating artists (10k for every 10 days finished; 500k at the end for finishing all 100 days -- meaning on the 100th day, they will receive 410k instead of just another 10k) + something for the lovely mods that have been working so hard on the event

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:12 am
Kai_Chi

yes but I simply can't afford to give everyone who finish's a reasonable prize this year. Last year alone the gold given out was something like 13 mill and same thing the year before. Originally we were thinking of giving no prize at all this year. Its only because people showed interest in the art raffle that we decided to do it.

I can understand that, but at the same time I think it would be better to give everyone a smaller prize than to leave people out completely.  

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:48 pm
I can throw something in for everyone. It'll be pretty small though, like 1mil/each.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:12 pm
Shestval
I can throw something in for everyone. It'll be pretty small though, like 1mil/each.

See, I personally think that's more than enough of a prize for everyone. It doesn't have to be something huge.  

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:18 pm
Xelyn_X13
Shestval

See, I personally think that's more than enough of a prize for everyone. It doesn't have to be something huge.
I guess. 1mil doesn't buy much anymore, but if that works!

I could do more than 1mil (like, 2-5mil per person) but only if we don't do the art raffle. We'll need a fair amount to pay an artist.

100 Days means a lot to me, and I'm willing to put in a lot of effort and gold in order to see it happen!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:10 pm
Shestval
I guess. 1mil doesn't buy much anymore, but if that works!

I could do more than 1mil (like, 2-5mil per person) but only if we don't do the art raffle. We'll need a fair amount to pay an artist.

100 Days means a lot to me, and I'm willing to put in a lot of effort and gold in order to see it happen!

No, but it still can get some fairly good items that are cheaper, and 1mil is a lot to someone who is saving up for something expensive. I would still rather get 1mil than nothing at all.  

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

Artist Corner

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas