Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
closed Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in any of the plots?
  Investigating the disappearance of dragonkind [Neutral Storyline]
  Establish peaceful relations to cast dragons in a new light [Good Storyline]
  Build up reputations as the dreaded beasts of legend [Evil Storyline]
  Would be interested, but not in those three plots.
  Not interested.
View Results

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:57 pm
Roilvn Whiro
Looking at silver or black, but I have not made a dragon PC, so no idea how too.

Just like any other character pretty much, using the dragon level charts in the link I provided in the main post.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:58 pm
Alzzak
Can we play the other dragons listed? Gem or outer?

No, as I said in the main post, only the basic dragons will be allowed  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:01 pm
Roilvn Whiro
are we level 6 or level 4?

You are level 4. You have all the abilities up to level 4 on your dragon level-up chart, as well as the abilities up to level 2 on your character class chart. You don't actually have levels in the character class, you just get them as bonuses, so you're still level 4  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:17 pm
Ok, working on Brynn, my Bronze Nestling Fighter (Savage Warrior)  

Kowsauni
Crew

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:42 pm
iLL iNTENT
Gabriel Lord of Flame
If we can meet the requirements for a prestige class at 2nd level could that be our class?

Even if you could manage to meet the prerequisites by second level, a prestige class might not be ideal because it would only have a few levels in it, as opposed to 20 like a standard class. However, each class has a number of archtypes that could surely meet whatever flavor of character you're striving for.

I can kinda see where that wouldn't be a terrible idea, though. We only get regular class levels every other level anyway. Wouldn't that mean by the time we hit Dragon 20, we'd only have 10 class levels?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:49 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Luukalarenolydas, Silver Dragon Nestling Inquisitor.

Just need to buy my STUFF, I think.

Looks good so far, don't forget about languages too  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:56 pm
iLL iNTENT

Ah, yeah, I might be blind, but I was looking and didn't see a language list for dragons. What do they start with? I assume they probably have access to anything after the starting languages like Humans do?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:05 am
Arch-types work?

Do we get a bonus feat on one and three, or is that the one feat we normally get?  

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:07 am
WhimsicalXellos
iLL iNTENT

Ah, yeah, I might be blind, but I was looking and didn't see a language list for dragons. What do they start with? I assume they probably have access to anything after the starting languages like Humans do?

You would assume correctly

As from where you've learned your languages and gained access to class features, you've gleaned the knowledge from the various hieroglyphics and cave paintings in your caverns, and tested what you learned while hunting creatures in the jungle that lies outside.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:08 am
Roilvn Whiro
Arch-types work?

Do we get a bonus feat on one and three, or is that the one feat we normally get?

Yes, Arch-types are fine  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:16 am
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
Arch-types work?

Yes, Arch-types are fine
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:18 am
iLL iNTENT
As from where you've learned your languages and gained access to class features, you've gleaned the knowledge from the various hieroglyphics and cave paintings in your caverns, and tested what you learned while hunting creatures in the jungle that lies outside.

Okay, yeah, but everyone has a starting language or two. Is it just Draconian, or Draconian and Common, or what?  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:56 am
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
Arch-types work?

Yes, Arch-types are fine

Feats will be done as normal  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:57 am
WhimsicalXellos
iLL iNTENT

Okay, yeah, but everyone has a starting language or two. Is it just Draconian, or Draconian and Common, or what?

Draconic and Common  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:01 am
WhimsicalXellos

I can kinda see where that wouldn't be a terrible idea, though. We only get regular class levels every other level anyway. Wouldn't that mean by the time we hit Dragon 20, we'd only have 10 class levels?
That's what I was thinking as well. And with me choosing 2 prestige classes I could mold them into a 20 level class anyway.
iLL iNTENT

Though here's the issue... The prestige class's 1st level that I want requires 5 ranks in a skill. Would that mean I could qualify for it at 2nd level after I put skill points into it or would I require to wait till 4th to start my prestige? I've seen many DMs do it both ways, I myself included. sweatdrop I'm also not that great on pathfinder's rules sooo...

Oh BTW I'm thinking Rovlin was asking about when it says "Feat" on the class feature list if those were bonus feats or the normal level progression. I'm not very good on pathfinder so I'm curious as well. Mostly because I notice I'll get a feat at level 5 when I was told the feat progression was like 3.5 in that we get a feat every 3 levels but....

The more I think about the way those two classes mesh together with a dragon the more I want to do it... I'll be pulling s**t out of my rear with Deep Pockets at just the moment the item is needed then slaying my foes with just the right plan from Student of War's abilities and then claim I planned it like that all along! It will be most amusing.

On a side note flavory note. It would seem that we all hatched at differing points in time, due to the fact that some colors (like red) are only nestlings still at 4HD while Greens and other dragons are at wrymling stage.

Edit: One last question. Every time I make a dragon PC I always think, "Why the F*** don't they wear armor if they are warriors? Its not like bits of metal will impair their mobility!" So can I wear armor if I buy it and I'm proficient? If so I'll probably dip into fighter(tactician archetype).

Sorry I maaaaay be a minmaxer... Not sure. No ones called me one yet but I like to examine all my options and build my characters to be exactly what I want to play and be the best at it... >.> And this time I'm going for "Dragon Commander!" type deal so...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff