Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
"The Inquisitors." (OOC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested? And what name is better?
  Yes, "The Inquisitors"
  Yes, "The Invaders"
  No, "The Inquisitors"
  No, "The Invaders"
View Results

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:25 pm
Now, since I am oh so happy that I have a photobucket account and can give you all pics, it's time for me to go a little crazy with some reference pics! I hope these help you all out!

Temple Priest

Temple Templar

Noble Clothes Example

Royal Guard Armor

Temple Head Quarters (This is in the capital city of Dalcaria, and what you see here is only the front portion, there is much more to it. So basically, the place is huge. xd )

Witch Hunter (So, as it turns out, I was planning to have "Witch Hunters" as well, kinda forgot to mention that. sweatdrop They also work for The Temple but focus mostly on people that practice evil magics, so if you're a good witch, don't worry too much. xd They do a lot of the same things as Templars and Priests, but they're trained specifically at finding and killing bad witches, since bad witches can summon demons and other nasty creatures. Better the cut off the problem at the source after all.)

So, I know I promised a flood of stuff, but this is taking a little too long, so I'mma leave it here for today and try getting more stuff on later. I hope this helps you guys with some ideas. Let me know what you think, and if you have any reference pics of your own, don't be afraid to share 'em!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:00 pm
Just going to bump this up again, in hopes that people will take more notice more quickly. Hope more people join, I did go to more effort for this than any other roleplay I have done so far, so I would like to see it move forward if at all possible.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:55 am
A flood of info is coming? *Hops onto dresser*

I'l never let go Jack, never let go.

Just a quick question, what would the name of the foresty region o the West be called? Thinking of plopping the Lowsley family manor somewhere down in there.

EDIT: Another question, what does House Black mean by 'pure'? Like anyone not from the Capital province is impure, by skin, religious belief?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:31 pm
The_Sane_Hatter

Just a quick question, what would the name of the foresty region o the West be called? Thinking of plopping the Lowsley family manor somewhere down in there.

EDIT: Another question, what does House Black mean by 'pure'? Like anyone not from the Capital province is impure, by skin, religious belief?

xd I assume that is a reference to Titanic, well placed by the way!

Right now, the region name is kinda being debated by me. It will either continue to be called Cirencester, or I will change the name (the provincial name) to Clarendon (or something close to that).

Essentially, it means anybody not of one of the racial groups in Dalcaria. Everyone who is Dalcarian by race is caucasian, but there are foreign races that also have immigrated to Dalcaria. One place that is very important to note is Lishunda, an island colony of Dalcaria that is a ways away from Dalcaria itself. The northern island is mostly inhabited by darker skinned humans, but the southern islands are inhabited by animal people (half humans, half animals). There are also a few Asian like races, African like races, and of course other caucasian races, but House Black (for the most part) considers anyone not of the Dalcarian races (the races on Lishunda are not included as they are just a colony) are impure. As per religious belief, they do consider worship of The One and any other gods to be impure, but they are more focused on race for the moment, religion is more of a secondary thought.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:42 pm
Lord Sithious
The_Sane_Hatter

xd I assume that is a reference to Titanic, well placed by the way!

Right now, the region name is kinda being debated by me. It will either continue to be called Cirencester, or I will change the name (the provincial name) to Clarendon (or something close to that).

Essentially, it means anybody not of one of the racial groups in Dalcaria. Everyone who is Dalcarian by race is caucasian, but there are foreign races that also have immigrated to Dalcaria. One place that is very important to note is Lishunda, an island colony of Dalcaria that is a ways away from Dalcaria itself. The northern island is mostly inhabited by darker skinned humans, but the southern islands are inhabited by animal people (half humans, half animals). There are also a few Asian like races, African like races, and of course other caucasian races, but House Black (for the most part) considers anyone not of the Dalcarian races (the races on Lishunda are not included as they are just a colony) are impure. As per religious belief, they do consider worship of The One and any other gods to be impure, but they are more focused on race for the moment, religion is more of a secondary thought.

Thank you, I do my best to find references to things.

Gotcha. It helps fill out stuff on the near-complete bio. You don't happen to have or wouldn't mind having a small rocky crag of an island that Dalcaria could have gone to war with giving Robert and excuse to leave?

Also noticed there's no Personality segment on the skeleton, intentional or am I reminding you?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:59 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
Thank you, I do my best to find references to things.

Gotcha. It helps fill out stuff on the near-complete bio. You don't happen to have or wouldn't mind having a small rocky crag of an island that Dalcaria could have gone to war with giving Robert and excuse to leave?

Also noticed there's no Personality segment on the skeleton, intentional or am I reminding you?

Well, references are just one small spice of life. xd

I'm glad to hear it! I'll try and have a map up soon, but it may take longer than I expected. sad You mean like an enemy nation or something? Heh, as a matter of fact, there may be one close by, and let's just say the island may just end up being an important piece to the story. wink I should mention though, this particular island is a bit big (I may shrink it down a wee bit later) and has lots of snow, but I'm fairly sure there would be quite a bit of rockiness in many areas. If this doesn't work for you, I could make another smaller island elsewhere (frankly my world map could use a few more anyways xd ).

Ah, thank you for pointing that out! Nope, you are definitely reminding me. XD Thanks for that!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:44 pm
Well, since I thought it might be handy to have more ideas for outfits, here's a few more reference pics!

House Black Soldier I know this looks slightly modern, but House Black put a lot of effort into the best weapons and armor. This is essentially just heavy metal armor, nothing robotic about it.

House Black Dark Priest So this is pretty much the opposite of the priests from the Temple. These guys deal with dark magic, necromancy, demon summoning, and much more. Not someone you wanna mess with.

Dalcarian SoldierSo finally you get to see what Dalcaria's finest look like! This is just one of them obviously, but this is the standard uniform most soliders have.

Army Rifle Of course, our main army soldiers wouldn't be complete without a gun in their hands. This is the standard issue rifle used by the soldiers in the Dalcarian army. Now, in real life, this is a single shot Martini Henry rifle, but in Dalcaria this gun uses a top loaded cartridge (I may change it to bottom, we'll see) that holds around 5-7 shots, the caliber I am assuming would be close to .308 or something like that. So basically it's like your standard WW1 rifle.

I think that's all for now folks, but I'll hopefully have more for you soon!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:57 pm
Okay, so a bit more info on the lovely nation of Dalcaria, since it will help you all to understand what you have available to you.

Firstly, this is a big country, about 6 million square kilometers like I said, so getting around (even in vehicles) can be hard. Luckily, our good friends in the Office of Magic and Science already knew about this problem hundreds of years ago, so to get around it, they developed teleportation magic. This magic can allow you to go through one teleport place to another at any point in the Empire. Sadly, there are very few of these things (most of them owned by the Office of Magic and Science) so access is limited, and they can also only move a small group of people. However, there is a head quarters for the Office of Magic and Science in every capital city in Dalcaria, and even some other places dotted around, so you can at least save yourself most of a very long trip. The Office of Magic and Science is also fairly open with use of their teleportation system, so getting to use one isn't extremely hard. Also, the OMS has developed a magic that allows for instant communication. Essentially, this magic is enchanted onto small items (paper, mirrors, etc.) and allows to to communicate instantly from any place in the world practically. However, this is expensive, and limited, and for the most part only widely used by important organizations, including the police, military, and government. However, this magic is certainly handy if there is any kind of an emergency.

The next part I'd like to discuss briefly is Lishunda, the colony of Dalcaria. This land is somewhat tropical, with the Northern isles being slightly a more tropical version of Spain, and the Southern isles being more like South America. The inhabitants of the Northern isles are humans with slightly darker (somewhat Spainish if you will) skin, but the inhabitants of the Southern Isles are a huge variety of animal peoples. Nobody really knows where the animal peoples came from, but it is suspected they are the offspring of ancient refugees from another land that may have been destroyed. There is little evidence to suggest that the Southern isles were inhabited before these people got there, so it is possible they were the first settlers of the Southern isles. Their species' and the degrees of their animal qualities varies greatly from racial group to racial group, but there is a very large number of each group, so variety is not uncommon in this place. It should also be noted that despite their animal qualities, they all share human level sentience, have developed modern buildings, a system of commerce, and political systems, and are for the most part like any other nation. However, they were very war torn before Dalcaria colonized them, so things have settled down more now. Despite them not being fully human as well, they have extremely similar physiology to humans and, it has been reported a number of times, can even breed with humans. Interracial marriages and relationships with these animal persons has been a topic of debate, but since they are (for the most part) equal to humans, the Dalcarian government has allowed marriage and relationships with these people since the new Grand Chancellor has taken power. Some oppose this still, but the Grand Chancellor has more or less made this a case of people's personal choice. Moving on however, this colony is also known for a variety of luxury exports, from fruits, vegetables, animals, and other things that have made this place very important to everyday Dalcarian life.

I just want to quickly touch on food and drink. Dalcaria has most types of food and such, Kraigdarroch having some of the most interesting since a lot of it has had to come from wild plants (including pine needles, which if prepared a certain way can taste quite nice), animals, and a variety of salts and other flavor changers, many of which must be mined. As for drink, Dalcaria has a number of popular alcohols, including whiskey, ale/beer, bourbon, cognac, brandy, gin/dark gin (I'm not sure about this dark gin stuff, just kinda came up with it on the spot xd ), and a few others (would have put scotch, but it seems to close to real life, or at least to real life Scotland, so I'm going to avoid it for now). There are also a number of wines, and another drink I'm thinking of calling a Tvinter (Tivinter? Not sure if I'll keep this, but it's something I came up with). Also, cigars and other tobacco products exist, some of which is produced in Dalcaria and some of which is produced in Lishunda. There are a number of luxury cigar makers of course, and a number of average ones too, so you've got plenty of choice when it comes to smoking.

Last but certainly not least, Dalcaria's national animal. Now, Dalcaria is home to a number of animals, including bears, wolves, and wild cats, but none of them really define Dalcaria. There are whales and other sea creatures of couse (squids are important as the ones in this world can produce a oil like ink that can burn somewhat cleaner than fossil fuels and coal, and is also very useful for steam power. May have electric properties, but that remains to be seen), and they are important, but they aren't as great as the national animal of Dalcaria, though it too is a sea creature. The national animal of Dalcaria is the great serpent like creatures that haunt the depths of many seas, cause many a brave sailor to be made as fearful as a child, and is hunted (when it is even possible too) as if it were the greatest beast a hunter could find on any world. I am of course talking about the leviathans. These great creatures vary in size and power, but they are all dangerous. Typically the average leviathan is the size of a whale, but it is far more dangerous than any creature known to man. These beasts are so great that even the military considers them a threat. They also have some similar oils and inks in them like the squids do, but leviathans have a number of other qualities that biologists and business people alike are looking into. This creature may be one of the greatest threats to peace in Dalcaria at many points in time, or at the very least to those who use the waters of Dalcaria. But the sheer power, the strength, the beauty and the terror of these creatures can only be described as being symbolic to Dalcaria itself. So it may be a great threat to Dalcarians, but it is also one of their greatest symbols, and it of course gives the enemies of Dalcaria lots to think about when they consider doing battle with Dalcaria.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:23 pm
Lord Sithious

Well, references are just one small spice of life. xd

I'm glad to hear it! I'll try and have a map up soon, but it may take longer than I expected. sad You mean like an enemy nation or something? Heh, as a matter of fact, there may be one close by, and let's just say the island may just end up being an important piece to the story. wink I should mention though, this particular island is a bit big (I may shrink it down a wee bit later) and has lots of snow, but I'm fairly sure there would be quite a bit of rockiness in many areas. If this doesn't work for you, I could make another smaller island elsewhere (frankly my world map could use a few more anyways xd ).

Ah, thank you for pointing that out! Nope, you are definitely reminding me. XD Thanks for that!

Snowy is fine, though if it's important to the story, not sure if you want me messing around with it. Would also be awkward for both characters to go back there, because 'It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.'  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:30 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
Snowy is fine, though if it's important to the story, not sure if you want me messing around with it. Would also be awkward for both characters to go back there, because 'It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.'

Well, for the most part the island is uninhabited by anyone other than... well, let's just say creatures you wouldn't want to meet, day or night. That said though, I would say it's more around the central part of the island that is inhabited, so if you stayed close to the coast you're characters would have to have little to no encounters with the inhabitants. Of course, your characters could also end up on a smaller island coming off of the main one, might make things less problematic. On this note as well, was this island supposed to be bombed at one point, because if so that may be problematic, only because the island is more or less supposed to be unused by humans at this time. Then again, House Black may or may not have visited this island as well, so that may give you a little more to go off of for having a character there. But let me know what you think, you have a better idea of what you want for your characters.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Raff_sapphire6

Invisible Gawker

16,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:58 am
Lord Sithious

Interesting, may join after I finish reading things up. biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:16 am
Lord Sithious
The_Sane_Hatter

Well, for the most part the island is uninhabited by anyone other than... well, let's just say creatures you wouldn't want to meet, day or night. That said though, I would say it's more around the central part of the island that is inhabited, so if you stayed close to the coast you're characters would have to have little to no encounters with the inhabitants. Of course, your characters could also end up on a smaller island coming off of the main one, might make things less problematic. On this note as well, was this island supposed to be bombed at one point, because if so that may be problematic, only because the island is more or less supposed to be unused by humans at this time. Then again, House Black may or may not have visited this island as well, so that may give you a little more to go off of for having a character there. But let me know what you think, you have a better idea of what you want for your characters.

The island wasn't bombed, it's more a general phrase for 'don't wreck something and leave a bad impression and then come back the next day, or ever'.

Don't think it would work if the island is uninhabited by anyone other than.... Spooky things. I just need a small island Dalcaria could have gone to war with at around the same time the civil war was going on, giving my two characters somewhere to be OTHER than Dalcaria.

If that makes sense. In all honesty, I could probably just say they went to war with an island so far away, you've probably never heard of it.

And YAY more feedback.  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:04 am
Lord Sithious

eek
*drools*
It never ceases to amaze me how you put so much effort and pure creative skill into the worlds you create, Lord S... I could never even think of such fine details in my RPs the way you do! sweatdrop
I have so many ideas churning in my mind right now, my head might explode. xd
But no worries. Even if my brain does cave in on itself, I will force my way through the rubble to be a part of this roleplay. (Seriously, I am flabberghasted with excitement at how awesome this is going to be...)

I have a couple possible characters in mind also, some of whom I've barely ever used in rps. There's another part of me that's concocting some bizarre brand new OC, but like I said, my brain is still pulsating from all the excitement so it's a bit confusing.

...Also, I should probably brush up on my knowledge of guns and stuff, shouldn't I? xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:02 pm
Raff_sapphire6
Interesting, may join after I finish reading things up. biggrin

Thanks! I hope you enjoy everything! 3nodding  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:08 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
The island wasn't bombed, it's more a general phrase for 'don't wreck something and leave a bad impression and then come back the next day, or ever'.

Don't think it would work if the island is uninhabited by anyone other than.... Spooky things. I just need a small island Dalcaria could have gone to war with at around the same time the civil war was going on, giving my two characters somewhere to be OTHER than Dalcaria.

If that makes sense. In all honesty, I could probably just say they went to war with an island so far away, you've probably never heard of it.

And YAY more feedback.

Ah, I see what you mean. xd

Hmm... Well, I did make my own version of "America" in this world, and they are also an island (albeit a bit large), but I'm sure there might be some rockiness there, plus there are TONS of people there. At any rate, Dalcaria was DEFINITELY at war with these people, and there are some islands (a bit smaller these ones) to the south that the "American" nation was trying to take over, so it's very possible for you to have been there as well. Let me know what you think though, I'm still trying to come up with more countries I think. xd

Well, if you want to that is a possibility, since most of the world is still unexplored. xd Let me know more of what you think though! 3nodding

FINALLY! I've been waiting so long for more people to take notice, and it's finally happening! Hopefully this is just the start though, I'd like quite a few more people before I actually start the roleplay. Also I'd like my maps up on photobucket. rofl  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff