Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Inleros Desiccated (Pathfinder full) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:14 pm
TheVulgarUnicorn
GregarMoon
TheVulgarUnicorn
GregarMoon
TheVulgarUnicorn

Pretty sure once you roll you cant change your mind.
Haha, i mean whats the point in rolling if you can just back peddle?

Ah dang it. Rolled it, take it like a man. I'll take it, no biggie. I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen? XDDD sweatdrop

A YEALON BANKULO!! 5+6+6= 17?!?! Are you blighted kidding me?! crying crying crying *flips tables everywhere*

You anger me, and in retaliation you find out how a healer is the worst torturer possible.

Well, that's one way of putting it sweatdrop

Im just saying.
Thats the worst that could happen.

Yeah....  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:12 pm
How is it my games fill up in less than a day when all these other games just get ignored? :/ I didn't even have a synopsis yet...

GregarMoon
Interesting. I've thought of making a Soulknife, is that eligible?

Yep, Psionic class.
Also, grats, that was just pathetic enough to warrant a 20 point buy. Nothing over 13... just... /golf clap

Xun Ira
The Psionic class and core races have the same link...
And are magic items a no go?

Fixed.
Magic items are still fine, they're just not functionally "magic" in this world.

Dion Necurat

You forgot to roll your 7th score. Potentially replace a crappy score.

TheVulgarUnicorn
1Standard fantasy world with psionics rather than magic?
2Is it feared?
3Are psionics extremely common?
4Rare?
5What are the interracial feuds that we will be dealin with?
6Is there a bardic version of the psionic-- books say no but... I mean...
I want.

7Will the Old Ones be around, or cults of them?
AKA will making a psionic disciple of Yogsothoth be nonexistant?

8Will there be... mindflayers... all over the place... *shudder*
I know a lot about the 3.5 psionics and have played some really awesome psionic games, one of my favorite things are the mindflayer hunters.
9Would a mindflayer slaying vendictive bag of hate be out of place?

1-4--The way I envisioned it, psionics are just magic with a different base mechanic. So the powers in this game will be functionally the same as spells in any regular Pathfinder/D&D game.
5--I don't really deal with racism. If the players want to, that's up to them.
6--Closest thing to a bard in this would be the Tactician and certain versions of the Cavalier, Vitalist, and Cryptic.
7-9--Dunno yet. There's just no pantheon. The operative idea here being that most powers don't come from any outside source.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

TheVulgarUnicorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:31 pm
Well yeah.
But i mean
Is this going to be high fantasy where were just a couple of run-o-the-mill adventurers
Or is it low magic where our psionic abilities make people stop and stare, burn us alive, or fear us immediately?

I didnt mean racism so much as certain races having some bad blood

And its not about the source of my characters power
Its about my characters motivations.

I never play classes that rely on a "greater power" to give it strength.
Its too easy to fall out of favor, and i just aint the monogomous type.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:49 pm
In general, I rely on agility and precision to take out enemies, as well as the dexterity of manual to deal with tricky situations, so yeah.  

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:56 am
TheVulgarUnicorn
Well yeah.
But i mean
Is this going to be high fantasy where were just a couple of run-o-the-mill adventurers
Or is it low magic where our psionic abilities make people stop and stare, burn us alive, or fear us immediately?

Judging form what he said already, The appearance of psychic power would be meet with the same stigma, as say... seeing a cell phone in the hands of a child, a tattoos, an soldier, or a gay couple kissing. It isn't rare nor looked down upon, just a oddity not normally seen by most.

He states on the first page, that the backstory isn't built yet, so if you want there to be bad blood between the red haired elves of Kirkstone and the blue skinned goblins of Diablo then put that info in your back story, and it is something he can go with on building the world.

the only thing that is constant is; in this world, it is personal power[be that power of mind, or skill with sword] that wins the day, instead of some godswar or arcane study.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:59 am
Xun Ira
TheVulgarUnicorn
Well yeah.
But i mean

Judging form what he said already, The appearance of psychic power would be meet with the same stigma, as say... seeing a cell phone in the hands of a child, a tattoos, an soldier, or a gay couple kissing. It isn't rare nor looked down upon, just a oddity not normally seen by most.

He states on the first page, that the backstory isn't built yet, so if you want there to be bad blood between the red haired elves of Kirkstone and the blue skinned goblins of Diablo then put that info in your back story, and it is something he can go with on building the world.

the only thing that is constant is; in this world, it is personal power[be that power of mind, or skill with sword] that wins the day, instead of some godswar or arcane study.

Well, gay people making out IS looked down upon by more then half America.
And more then half the world.
Soo...  

TheVulgarUnicorn

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:03 am
TheVulgarUnicorn
Am I the only one who doesn't care... sweatdrop Fine, ignore that part...

Edit: oh, your siggy is creepy!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:45 am
Xun Ira
TheVulgarUnicorn

No, im just an a** that points that s**t out.  

TheVulgarUnicorn

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:07 pm
TheVulgarUnicorn
Xun Ira
TheVulgarUnicorn

No, im just an a** that points that s**t out.

Have a plan for a character yet?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:15 pm
Im thinking a soulthief vitalist or a dread.
Not sure yet.

Maybe a psion telepath..  

TheVulgarUnicorn

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:51 pm
Xun Ira

TheVulgarUnicorn
Soo...

Couldn't have said it better myself, Xun. But! Unicorn is correct, too. Just because it should be acceptable to everyone at this point, there are still people who are varying degrees of weirded out by it. Now, while I doubt that percentage is 50% for the people that are weirded out by magic in Pathfinder, I'm certain they would exist. And that smaller percent would apply to this world as well.

I'm in the thick of my weekend now, so I'll be brainstorming for this. Even just basic ideas for classes and races gives me a better idea which direction to go.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:46 pm
Well the pathfinder verse is undefined.
The actual world has no set structure for socio dynamic interactions.
Not much atleast.
And thats the point.
Its all about the DM, thats why I am asking.
There are 3 kinds of basic structures
High fantasy: Magic is a mundane every day thing for most civilized places.
Mage guilds, magic lights, magic-made streets, etc.

Regular Magic: Magic in societies differs, some are more advanced and some are still a little back watery. You wont find a large mages guild, not will magic be relied on for every day use. However seeing a magic user doesnt make you drop what your doing and go running.

Low Magic: Witches are burned by the unenlightened, using magic usually makes people stop what their doing and come running, or run away.
Magic isnt evil, but its extremely rare. Its not always seen as evil, but it stands out like a black guy at a clan meeting.

This is the first and most important thing, as far as im concerned, about a fantasy setting.  

TheVulgarUnicorn

TheVulgarUnicorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:49 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Xun Ira

TheVulgarUnicorn
Soo...

Couldn't have said it better myself, Xun. But! Unicorn is correct, too. Just because it should be acceptable to everyone at this point, there are still people who are varying degrees of weirded out by it. Now, while I doubt that percentage is 50% for the people that are weirded out by magic in Pathfinder, I'm certain they would exist. And that smaller percent would apply to this world as well.

I'm in the thick of my weekend now, so I'll be brainstorming for this. Even just basic ideas for classes and races gives me a better idea which direction to go.

And yeah.
Even thought its Logical, and even gives us a better chance to procreate, a lot condemn the act.

Its kinda sad.
Guys will look down on two guys making out then promote two girls doing it.
How back asswords is that?
Logically, if you wanna choose one or the other, condemn two woman.
Its hot, but thats 2 less girls that you could possibly have.
Two guys making out is two less competetors.
Like cmon, atleast be a LITTLE logical about your Irrational hatred.  
Lord of the Vine rolled 4 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 4, 6 Total: 17 (4-24)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:55 pm
May the dice gods be plentiful to me...

I will gladly take that 16.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:22 am
TheVulgarUnicorn
Well the pathfinder verse is undefined.
The actual world has no set structure for socio dynamic interactions.
Not much atleast.

That's not actually true. The Pathfinder Chronicles are actually quite well defined, as are its views on magic. The default setting for Pathfinder is Golarion, and the views on magic for it can be summed up quite well with a quote from the Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting book about the Wizard class:
Quote:
Although they tend to congregate only in the colleges of large cities, individual wizards are not uncommon. It's no surprise to find a rural village supporting a hedge mage (and perhaps his apprentice). Merchants hire wizards to ease travel and defend them from bandits, and few armies march without the support of an evoker.

And even without this bit of lore, I think any game that gives you 13 classes that use magic in some form out of a total of 19 pretty much illustrates quite clearly how common magic is in the world.

This is the analog I was going off of. The only difference for this particular game is that psionic style "magic" is the way it works in this world. Much like Xun said, "it is personal power[be that power of mind, or skill with sword] that wins the day." Though he was a bit off about the arcane study part, since that pretty much precisely describes the role that the Psion class fills.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff