Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
This is Our Town [Full] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe...
View Results

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:01 pm
Is there any good templates for a merchant/diplomat using this system? I'm having a brain freeze day I think.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:03 pm
iLL iNTENT

I'm going have to say no to this whole bloodline thing. This is just too much information for me to go through for such a minor benefit, and seems a lot more convoluted than just playing an actual lycanthrope and taking the CL adjustment.

sounds fine, lycanthrope will be a lot of work so human it is. i'll adjust traits, flaws, history ect.....

see you in the morning  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:08 pm
iLL iNTENT
Audio Blur
iLL iNTENT
Audio Blur
the one pathfinder game i was gonna be in didnt kick off, so i'm down for one...is there available space?

Yeah we should still have room. Go ahead and make yourself a character : P

Pecha

here you go!
I'm writting her story as we speak

For your traits and drawback, could you please put down the effect each one has on your character? Just a convenience thing for anyone looking for it.

And about your alignment, you'll need to explain in your background why an evil character would care about the well-being of these survivors.

ya, I am redoing a few of the things. And she's Lawful Evil...just for the fact that she's an assassin. But I'll work it in there whee  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:12 pm
BegrudginglyGood
Is there any good templates for a merchant/diplomat using this system? I'm having a brain freeze day I think.

Well, for merchants, I like using the Alchemist class, though Bard and Rogue could also be appropriate. Bard and Rogue could work for a diplomat as well, as could a cleric.

I think the Summoner might interest you. You could build a humanoid eidolon, and have it serve her as a bodyguard of sorts.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:20 pm
iLL iNTENT
BegrudginglyGood

Well, for merchants, I like using the Alchemist class, though Bard and Rogue could also be appropriate. Bard and Rogue could work for a diplomat as well, as could a cleric.

I think the Summoner might interest you. You could build a humanoid eidolon, and have it serve her as a bodyguard of sorts.

I might have to multiclass for this one!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:46 pm
BegrudginglyGood

Also, your avi totally reminds me of a picture of a crane samurai in the Oriental Adventures book for 3.5 : P  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:50 pm
iLL iNTENT

DONE!
Story is written...It's a horrid mash up of batman and kick a** XD
I feel awesome...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:57 pm
Audio Blur
iLL iNTENT

DONE!
I feel awesome...

Or Dexter : P

Anyways, background looks good, skimmed over the rest of the sheet and I see no glaring errors. What about the rest of your currency? Have you spent every last cp on something? lol  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:59 pm
Hellbred

Humanoid - 0RP
Medium - 0RP
Normal Speed - 0RP
Flexible +2 Con and Cha - 2RP
Standard Language: Common and Infernal - 0RP
Skill bonus: Intimidate - 2RP
Darkvision 60 ft. - 2RP
Low Light Vision - 1 RP
Light and Dark - 1RP
Natural Armor +1 - 2RP

Description:
Sometimes, a soul recognizes the great evil he committed in life and truly wishes to repent. Most of these unfortunates become spectres that haunt Dis, repenting only as they realize their true fate. Others ascend to the heavens, having sought forgiveness before it was too late. Hellbred fall in the middle. They repent in the moment before their condemnation to Hell, yet too late to find salvation. The lords of good and justice, suspicious that the condemned soul merely seeks escape for selfish reasons, instead reincarnate the individual to give him one last chance at salvation. In exchange, this newborn creature, called a hellbred, gains impressive powers to better thwart the minions of Hell and maybe—in some way—prove his worth to the gods of good to gain clemency. The dukes of Hell do not forget those who have escaped their clutches. A hellbred faces a difficult path to salvation, but he fights in the name of justice with unmatched fervor.

Most hellbred are truly damned, despite their best efforts. While they sought repentance, they asked for it too late. Only the most epic of heroic acts can release them from their bond to Hell. Thus, a hellbred embarks on one seemingly doomed or impossible quest after another. A hellbred must prove his worth to the lords of good, but the laws encoded in the Pact Primeval ensure that only the most exceptional hellbred ascend to the celestial planes. Most still end up in Hell, where devils await to extract a hideous price for their daring. A hellbred must complete a truly legendary act—such as singlehandedly saving a city from invaders, destroying a duke or archduke of Hell, annihilating a potent artifact of evil, and so forth—to earn salvation. Most die long before achieving such goals, as they throw themselves into their crusade with the reckless abandon of the damned.

The Scourging
The Scourging transforms a character into a creature known as a hellbred. The powers of good and evil—warring for a hellbred’s soul—rend and twist him into a new form.

His physical form is that of a humanoid with dark red, smooth skin, or sometimes green scales. A hellbred usually has horns, though their exact form varies. He might have a single horn in the center of his forehead, a pair of short, stubby horns, or large horns similar to those of a ram. His eyes
shine with a sinister, red glow. These physical aspects are a parting gift from a hellbred’s onetime diabolic masters, serving as a reminder of the sins of his previous life.

While a hellbred’s outer body is a product of Hell, his inner mind and soul are purged and cleaned by the powers of good. He retains shadowy, vague memories of his past. The sight of a onetime ally or enemy triggers a vague sense of unease or pain, but details or exact memories are no more than shards of a split second of the past. Freed from the burden of guilt and the infl uences of those who drove him to evil, a hellbred is free to seek his own path.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:03 am
iLL iNTENT
Audio Blur
iLL iNTENT

DONE!
I feel awesome...

Or Dexter : P

Anyways, background looks good, skimmed over the rest of the sheet and I see no glaring errors. What about the rest of your currency? Have you spent every last cp on something? lol

I have like....37gp left....probably should add that in...
but ya, that's my character whee  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:21 am
RafeRavel
Hellbred

Humanoid - 0RP
Medium - 0RP
Normal Speed - 0RP
Flexible +2 Con and Cha - 2RP
Standard Language: Common and Infernal - 0RP
Skill bonus: Intimidate - 2RP
Darkvision 60 ft. - 2RP
Low Light Vision - 1 RP
Light and Dark - 1RP
Natural Armor +1 - 2RP

Description:
Sometimes, a soul recognizes the great evil he committed in life and truly wishes to repent. Most of these unfortunates become spectres that haunt Dis, repenting only as they realize their true fate. Others ascend to the heavens, having sought forgiveness before it was too late. Hellbred fall in the middle. They repent in the moment before their condemnation to Hell, yet too late to find salvation. The lords of good and justice, suspicious that the condemned soul merely seeks escape for selfish reasons, instead reincarnate the individual to give him one last chance at salvation. In exchange, this newborn creature, called a hellbred, gains impressive powers to better thwart the minions of Hell and maybe—in some way—prove his worth to the gods of good to gain clemency. The dukes of Hell do not forget those who have escaped their clutches. A hellbred faces a difficult path to salvation, but he fights in the name of justice with unmatched fervor.

Most hellbred are truly damned, despite their best efforts. While they sought repentance, they asked for it too late. Only the most epic of heroic acts can release them from their bond to Hell. Thus, a hellbred embarks on one seemingly doomed or impossible quest after another. A hellbred must prove his worth to the lords of good, but the laws encoded in the Pact Primeval ensure that only the most exceptional hellbred ascend to the celestial planes. Most still end up in Hell, where devils await to extract a hideous price for their daring. A hellbred must complete a truly legendary act—such as singlehandedly saving a city from invaders, destroying a duke or archduke of Hell, annihilating a potent artifact of evil, and so forth—to earn salvation. Most die long before achieving such goals, as they throw themselves into their crusade with the reckless abandon of the damned.

The Scourging
The Scourging transforms a character into a creature known as a hellbred. The powers of good and evil—warring for a hellbred’s soul—rend and twist him into a new form.

His physical form is that of a humanoid with dark red, smooth skin, or sometimes green scales. A hellbred usually has horns, though their exact form varies. He might have a single horn in the center of his forehead, a pair of short, stubby horns, or large horns similar to those of a ram. His eyes
shine with a sinister, red glow. These physical aspects are a parting gift from a hellbred’s onetime diabolic masters, serving as a reminder of the sins of his previous life.

While a hellbred’s outer body is a product of Hell, his inner mind and soul are purged and cleaned by the powers of good. He retains shadowy, vague memories of his past. The sight of a onetime ally or enemy triggers a vague sense of unease or pain, but details or exact memories are no more than shards of a split second of the past. Freed from the burden of guilt and the infl uences of those who drove him to evil, a hellbred is free to seek his own path.

Seems okay for the most part, though I don't think a +2 Cha bonus fits, given their hellish appearance. I'll allow it, but when appropriate, you will be facing diplomacy penalties due to your appearance.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:32 am
iLL iNTENT
Seems okay for the most part, though I don't think a +2 Cha bonus fits, given their hellish appearance. I'll allow it, but when appropriate, you will be facing diplomacy penalties due to your appearance.

The original 3.5 entry had them choosing between body and spirit - Con or Cha. I figured it'd be fair to just give a Pathfinder version both.  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:40 am
RafeRavel
iLL iNTENT

The original 3.5 entry had them choosing between body and spirit - Con or Cha. I figured it'd be fair to just give a Pathfinder version both.

Fair enough, you can go ahead and use this, but be warned that some NPCs will be prejudiced based on your appearance.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:46 am
iLL iNTENT
RafeRavel
iLL iNTENT

Fair enough, you can go ahead and use this, but be warned that some NPCs will be prejudiced based on your appearance.

I fully expected that, thank you again for allowing the custom race!  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
RafeRavel rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 7, 1, 1 Total: 10 (4-40)

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:21 am
Rolling HP - dice gods, don't hate me...

-.- I jinxed myself...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces