Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pokémon] Prismatic Chaos [Closed again!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

panic_memors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:19 am
Name: Gwen Young

Favorite Type and Pokémon: Dark and Jirachi

Least Favorite Type and Pokémon: Fire and Charizard

Description: Gwen has grey eyes and long blond hair with a grey stripe that she keeps in a braid. She is a tad on the shorter side, which can make her appear younger then she is. Though her pale skin and slight build can make her seem fragile, there is a terrifying cunning behind those grey eyes that would prove otherwise.

Personality: Gwen is a schemer, devious and resourceful she uses the fact that she looks so young to her advantage. While her antics seem to get her in trouble more often then not, she would like to think that they give her the upper hand. Despite all of this Gwen really does have a big heart, if you can get past her hard exterior you'll find that no one is more caring then her. While she keeps this part of her hidden, Gwen secretly hopes to one day have someone close enough to her to know this.

Background: Gwen was born in Goldenrod City. Her parents and older brother both worked for the Radio Tower so she spent most of her time hiding in the unused rooms. One day she was snooping around one of the recording rooms when a man walked in. Scared that she would be busted she hide behind the recording desk. The old man was none other then Professor Oak, he had seen her run behind the desk and decided to play along. Through out all the show Gwen was captivated, Professor Oak was talking about pokemon she had never heard of, never imagined! When he started to talk about the legend of Jirachi she had to climb out from behind the desk to make sure he wasn't tricking her. The rest of the show she sat there completely captivated, when the show was over she had completely forgot about getting in trouble and ran over to him. It was on that day she decided that she was going to become a pokemon trainer. The night before she was supposed to leave to go to Pallet Town with her family she could barely sleep, and that's probably what saved her life. Laying down she was impatiently waiting for morning when she heard the crash. Curious she sneaked out side to see what it was, through the shadows she could make out a few people and what looked like a smaller person. "Maybe it's a pokemon!" she thought to herself. Excitedly she called out to them asking if they were trainers, a man turned around and said, "Drowzee use Hypnosis." After that everything went black, when she finally awoke her house and several others were on fire. Terrified she ran into the crowd of people gathering around the fire. Nurse Joy found her crying on a corner and brought her to the pokemon center. That night Gwen Young became an orphan, she went from foster home to foster home, never staying long in one place. When she finally turned 15 she left, deciding to follow her dream and find Jirachi...the only way she could ever get her family back.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:22 pm
Audio Blur
which is why zorua is better for her!

And ditto is the MVW, most valuable whore

and I really, really enjoyed the last game, even though it was cut short. of course I'd apply join!

Well, she could be too? jk jk
(( :'D Liz the MVW. The ultimate person when it comes to being "loved" ))

Haha. I suppose so. I can't really tell if it was good or not, since I was the GM. //cries
;u; I never seem to think I do a good job at GMing.....

panic_memors

Umm...Well, I don't really care, but you do know that Lyra is the female counterpart of Ethan (both of the main characters) in HGSS, right?

And I never knew about the Lavender Radio Tower (had to go look it up). It looks like it was a GSC/HGSS thing only, since it was only for the Rocket occupation of the Goldenrod Radio Tower. Besides, Oak's Pokémon Talk was a Goldenrod radio show and never appeared on the Lavender Radio Tower channels.

I do love how you explain why she needs to find Jirachi, though. If you can fix the above thing, then it looks fine to me ovo/  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

panic_memors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:23 pm
xX_Terei_Xx

I changed her name to Gwen, I had completely forgotten about Lyra the name just happens to be one of my favorites. I also just changed the city to Goldenrod, it makes more sense and gives a little bit more reason to the fact that she's 15. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:13 pm
panic_memors

^u^/ Looks good!
Well, except that your paragraphs keep mentioning this "Lyra" girl still....No idea who she could possibly be  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:25 pm
I'd actually like to try one of these, but I'm only familiar with the first generation as I only ever played red and blue.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:57 pm
The Number Three
I'd actually like to try one of these, but I'm only familiar with the first generation as I only ever played red and blue.

That's fine. You would just be learning about new Pokémon along the way, right?
We're starting in Kanto anyways, so you would at least be familiar with the terrain!

All that's really changed is the addition of more Pokémon, anyways (hahaha)  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:24 pm
Name: Ben Fullton
Favorite Type and Pokémon: Fighting, Machop
Least Favorite Type and Pokémon: Electric, Pikachu
Description: Ben is average height, though thinner than he should be. He wears clothes that look and are second hand, often ill fitting and tattered. He has black greasy hair, and dark eyes.
Personality: Ben is typically very brooding; he's had a rough childhood and isn't very trusting. As such he is comfortable with causing and being in trouble. He has a sense of humor, but it's often hard to draw it out in uncomfortable situations.
Background: Ben's parents died in a car crash while he was still very young. He grew up with his aunt, though she never wanted to responsibility. Ben was left to his own devices most days, and started running around the streets of Saffron City. He became well known as a prankster and a hooligan. He was 8 years old when he met "Big Jimmy." At last he had the attention of someone older than himself. "Big Jimmy" actually cared. But "Big Jimmy" was just using Ben, most people overlooked a kid near an ally, so no one thought anything might be going on. And when the police investigated the robberies, no one remembered that kid to report.

A few years went by and "Big Jimmy" promoted Ben to thief. He would wiggle into small spaces and sneak into homes; taking whatever valuables weren't tied down. His life would make a change when he broke into the home of a retired gym leader. The rest of "Big Jimmy's" gang was captured by the police; but the elderly gym leader took pity on Ben. Perhaps he saw himself in the frightened boy's eyes, but for whatever reason he arranged for Ben to meet an old friend of his in Pallet town. It seemed to him, that an adventure would help sort out the young lad's life out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:07 am
The Number Three

I do have some things about your background:

If he was already well known for being a hooligan, wouldn't he be the first for the police to suspect? Especially if he was anywhere near the scene of the crime?

Not a question, but the retired Gym Leader should probably be Pryce. If you haven't read the comics then I won't spoil it for you, but it would make sense in your character's case. (He's also waaaaay past the age to retire, so it would make sense in that case as well) It would also explain why your character didn't know who it was (Johto Leader)
The spoilerificness also explains why he would be in Saffron emotion_awesome

Also, is there a specific reason he doesn't like Electric types? Was it a Pikachu that caused the crash? Was he mugged by an Electabuzz when out on the town?
Just some stuff to think about.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:10 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
The Number Three

I do have some things about your background:

If he was already well known for being a hooligan, wouldn't he be the first for the police to suspect? Especially if he was anywhere near the scene of the crime?

Not a question, but the retired Gym Leader should probably be Pryce. If you haven't read the comics then I won't spoil it for you, but it would make sense in your character's case. (He's also waaaaay past the age to retire, so it would make sense in that case as well) It would also explain why your character didn't know who it was (Johto Leader)
The spoilerificness also explains why he would be in Saffron emotion_awesome

Also, is there a specific reason he doesn't like Electric types? Was it a Pikachu that caused the crash? Was he mugged by an Electabuzz when out on the town?
Just some stuff to think about.
Well at 8 as a hoolagin he's egged some houses, been chased off some empty lots. Its a long stretch from that to breaking and entering, and burglary.

I've never read the comics, and my only exposure to pokemon is red/blue the original ive seen a few clips of the show here and there but ive never even seen a whole episode. So if that bit works story wise ill edit it to that, no worries about spoilers either i doubt ill be reading the comics soon.

As for pikachu, he doesn't actually have a dislike for them, he has no ill feelings towards pokemon. In this case he just finds electric types, pikachu specifically "uncool"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:52 pm
The Number Three
Well at 8 as a hoolagin he's egged some houses, been chased off some empty lots. Its a long stretch from that to breaking and entering, and burglary.

I've never read the comics, and my only exposure to pokemon is red/blue the original ive seen a few clips of the show here and there but ive never even seen a whole episode. So if that bit works story wise ill edit it to that, no worries about spoilers either i doubt ill be reading the comics soon.

As for pikachu, he doesn't actually have a dislike for them, he has no ill feelings towards pokemon. In this case he just finds electric types, pikachu specifically "uncool"

Hmmmm....If you say so.
I find it to be the logical progression, but maybe I'm just cynical.

.....There were so many things I could say, but I thought they all sounded really rude, so.... I would suggest at least starting the comic. It may be more violent than the games, but it's 100 times better than the show. But yes. I do feel like Pryce would be one of the few Gym Leaders that would make sense. ovo/

Ah, so "overrated". I see.... He's one of those people.

This still sounds rude. Oh well, I'm not editing it again  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:10 pm
If there were a place in which a person could read a manga without having to invest in it financially I'd give it a look over.

I'll update his backstory to include Mr Pryce

And yes, he's one of those people. The option was lease favorite, not most despised, or emotionally traumatized by....  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:45 pm
The Number Three
If there were a place in which a person could read a manga without having to invest in it financially I'd give it a look over.

And yes, he's one of those people. The option was lease favorite, not most despised, or emotionally traumatized by....

There are sooooo many online sites where you can read manga. All you have to do is search for them.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Kk

Mmmmm. There are as many options as you put your mind to creating.
- He could not like Electric types because he finds many similar qualities between himself and them, which would lead to him trying to distance himself from them in order to fool himself into thinking that he's nothing like them.
- There's also the option of him saving a Pikachu, only for it to shock him and run away. It would cause him to feel that all Electric-types were ungrateful creatures and thus do not deserve his love.
- Or, even still, maybe his aunt owned a Pikachu. That would make him feel betrayed by a creature that did nothing wrong, though he would know that he shouldn't harbor such ill will and feels a lot of regret from it in his later years even though he can't shake his hate.

But no, "uncool" is fine. It does characterize him as seeing Pokémon as tools and status, rather than as a partner. Though, now we're walking into Rocket territory....  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:15 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
The Number Three

There are sooooo many online sites where you can read manga. All you have to do is search for them.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Kk

Mmmmm. There are as many options as you put your mind to creating.
- He could not like Electric types because he finds many similar qualities between himself and them, which would lead to him trying to distance himself from them in order to fool himself into thinking that he's nothing like them.
- There's also the option of him saving a Pikachu, only for it to shock him and run away. It would cause him to feel that all Electric-types were ungrateful creatures and thus do not deserve his love.
- Or, even still, maybe his aunt owned a Pikachu. That would make him feel betrayed by a creature that did nothing wrong, though he would know that he shouldn't harbor such ill will and feels a lot of regret from it in his later years even though he can't shake his hate.

But no, "uncool" is fine. It does characterize him as seeing Pokémon as tools and status, rather than as a partner. Though, now we're walking into Rocket territory....
Generally he has more problems with people than with pokemon. He's not had a bad run in with any pokemon. He doesn't view them as a tool, so much as a pet. In this case it's purely taste. He likes fighting the most because he views it as tough, macho even. But when it falls to his least favorite, it's purely ascetic.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:23 am
Bump-a-roo

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:06 am
yay character edits!