Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] Goblins- Step 3 of Char Creation (Game beginning) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:17 pm
The Number Three
I'll go with the point buy, and trust to the dm's creativity in finding an appropriate prophetic name. I like a challenge.

Str 16
Con 14
Dex 16 + 2
Int 11
Wis 11
Cha 8 + 2

Your stats are WAY over. I have you at 25 points, not 22.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:23 pm
Audio Blur
Do your worst!
But really, please be nice XD

I am named "Calms the Storm"

Let's see how you work with that!
I was gonna make it like "Summons a Demon," but I saw that biting me in the butt.

Str 8
Con 10
Dex 14 (+2)
Int 16
Wis 13
Cha 14 (+2)  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Liquidor

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:38 pm
Rain Yupa
Liquidor
one question: do we have to use the goblin from the MM or can we use the goblin from Into the Unknown: Dungeon Survival Guide.

MM only (+2 Dex, +2 Cha). I don't have the other book, and not about to buy it for goblin stats.

The only difference is

Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity; +2 Wisdom or +2 Charisma
Skill Bonuses: +2 Bluff, +2 Stealth

Plus the book includes Goblin feats and utility powers. I bought it for the dungeon advice and to support my local game store.

Stats
Str: 8
Con: 12
Dex: 18 (+2)
Int: 10
Wis: 12
Cha: 12 (+2)

Quote:
In addition to that, answer me the following questions:
  • What's a goblin in your warcamp that you are good friends with and why?
  • What's a goblin in your warcamp that you are on bad terms with and why?

I am good friends with Gets Blamed a Lot because he is willing to shield me from trouble.

I am on bad terms with Runs Really Fast because she abandoned us when we set a skunk lose in the Fortune Teller's tent and things went bad.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:26 pm
Liquidor
Rain Yupa
Liquidor
one question: do we have to use the goblin from the MM or can we use the goblin from Into the Unknown: Dungeon Survival Guide.

MM only (+2 Dex, +2 Cha). I don't have the other book, and not about to buy it for goblin stats.

The only difference is

Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity; +2 Wisdom or +2 Charisma
Skill Bonuses: +2 Bluff, +2 Stealth

Plus the book includes Goblin feats and utility powers. I bought it for the dungeon advice and to support my local game store.

Stats
Str: 8
Con: 12
Dex: 18 (+2)
Int: 10
Wis: 12
Cha: 12 (+2)

Quote:
In addition to that, answer me the following questions:
  • What's a goblin in your warcamp that you are good friends with and why?
  • What's a goblin in your warcamp that you are on bad terms with and why?

I am good friends with Gets Blamed a Lot because he is willing to shield me from trouble.

I am on bad terms with Runs Really Fast because she abandoned us when we set a skunk lose in the Fortune Teller's tent and things went bad.

If goblins were meant to have three ability score choices instead of two, they wouldn't be a monster race talk2hand

I knew about the goblin stats and thought about it, but decided against it because I don't want to glorify goblins beyond being "monsters" to kill for XP. Glorifying is your guys's job.

Anywho, welcome aboard Laughs Last the goblin!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:40 pm
Alrighty! Had a moment before work to post this.

1. What makes you stand out or different from any other goblin in your warcamp?

Born with very dark skin for a goblin, I've always been easy to spot in a crowd but not so easy to spot at night or in shadows.

2. Stats!

Str 11
Dex 13 + 2 = 15
Con 13
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 9 + 2 = 11

3. I am good friends with 'Snores-A-Lot' because he see's beyond the color of my skin, and as someone who is also shunned a bit, he understands me. Maybe he's just looking for a mate though, who knows?!

I am on bad terms with ''Beautiful-One' because she is the cause of most bullying, and spreads rumors as to why I am so dark skinned. (Whoo, Goblin racism for the win!)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:18 pm
BegrudginglyGood
Alrighty! Had a moment before work to post this.

1. What makes you stand out or different from any other goblin in your warcamp?

Born with very dark skin for a goblin, I've always been easy to spot in a crowd but not so easy to spot at night or in shadows.

2. Stats!

Str 11
Dex 13 + 2 = 15
Con 13
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 9 + 2 = 11

3. I am good friends with 'Snores-A-Lot' because he see's beyond the color of my skin, and as someone who is also shunned a bit, he understands me. Maybe he's just looking for a mate though, who knows?!

I am on bad terms with ''Beautiful-One' because she is the cause of most bullying, and spreads rumors as to why I am so dark skinned. (Whoo, Goblin racism for the win!)

You shorted yourself some stats sweatdrop You missed 10 points of your point buy.

Are you secretly giving your points to Three?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:20 pm
My name is Fidgets Nervously.

I'm on pretty good terms with Chicken Feed. He's one of the only goblins who doesn't mention my complaining.

I don't really like Big Mouth. He makes fun of me for being jittery while he acts so brave, but at least I actually follow through on things when he's just all talk.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:35 pm
WhimsicalXellos
My name is Fidgets Nervously.

I'm on pretty good terms with Chicken Feed. He's one of the only goblins who doesn't mention my complaining.

I don't really like Big Mouth. He makes fun of me for being jittery while he acts so brave, but at least I actually follow through on things when he's just all talk.

Str 14
Con 8
Dex 14 (+2)
Int 10
Wis 17
Cha 10 (+2)  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:02 pm
Rain Yupa
The Number Three
I'll go with the point buy, and trust to the dm's creativity in finding an appropriate prophetic name. I like a challenge.

Str 16
Con 14
Dex 16 + 2
Int 11
Wis 11
Cha 8 + 2

Sorry I got that from a list of 22 point arrays. Used a calculator to correct it.

Str 14
Con 12
Dex 16 + 2
Int 8
Wis 14
Cha 11 + 2

I am good friends with Lands On Her Feet because she likes how tall I am and she thinks I'm cute.

I don't really like Constant Indigestion because he is Lands brother and thinks her attraction to me will get her killed, so he pushed me down a hole.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:13 pm
The Number Three
Rain Yupa
The Number Three

Str 16
Con 14
Dex 16 + 2
Int 11
Wis 11
Cha 8 + 2

Sorry I got that from a list of 22 point arrays. Used a calculator to correct it.

Str 14
Con 12
Dex 16 + 2
Int 8
Wis 14
Cha 11 + 2

I am good friends with Lands On Her Feet because she likes how tall I am and she thinks I'm cute.

I don't really like Constant Indigestion because he tries to swipe my food all the time.

Looking on the list on page 18, I see a 16 16 12 11 11 8. Probably what you meant?

Anyways, welcome aboard Forgot-to-Duck!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:38 am
forgot this part

What's a goblin in your warcamp that you are good friends with and why?
I'm friends with Uses-Big-Words. It's always nice to have a civilized conversation.
What's a goblin in your warcamp that you are on bad terms with and why?
I would rather drink cold tea than spend a second with Uses-Elven-Cologne. They say it's an elegant fragrance, but I beg to differ.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:41 am
Waiting on

Southern Cross Nemesis

kualus457

BegrudginglyGood

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kazua Kisake

Partying Genius

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:54 pm
i'll take character name of Big un Tuff.

Big un Tuff likes Strong un Large for the similarity in physique, and dislikes Spindly Knees for his weak body  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:34 pm
You know what? It's about time I learned 4e.

What makes you stand out or different from any other goblin in your warcamp?
I'm the curious one of my warcamp, always the first to scout things out and always the first to run into trouble.

Choose the stats of your goblin!
    STR: 10
    DEX: 18 +2 -> 20
    CON: 15
    INT: 10
    WIS: 8
    CHA: 9 +2 -> 11

What's a goblin in your warcamp that you are good friends with and why?
I've always been good friends with Scared Silly, since I'm always there to lend them a hand. Their tales of horrors beyond the camp are a common way to entertain me when I'm not on patrol duty.

What's a goblin in your warcamp that you are on bad terms with and why?
I've never gotten along with Talks A Lot, because I can't listen to them without wanting to hit my head repeatedly on a tree. They also tend to try and explain everything, which takes all the fun out of finding new things!  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:54 pm
kualus457
i'll take character name of Big un Tuff.

Big un Tuff likes Strong un Large for the similarity in physique, and dislikes Spindly Knees for his weak body

Welcome aboard, Big And Tough!

Str 14
Con 17
Dex 8 (+2)
Int 14
Wis 10
Cha 10 (+2)  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash