Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
The Olympics are here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who are you rooting for?
  Barton!
  Durem!
  Aekea!
  Gambino?
View Results

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:52 pm
I added a poll to this thread. I wanna see how many of us are on each team. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:47 pm
Gambino forever talk2hand

@Achievement: Mine took over an hour to grant last night, so if anyone is still waiting on it, it is likely just stuck in traffic somewhere emotion_yatta  

Daypaw

Hardened Member

GillaGrrl

Beloved Heckler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:55 pm
Ned-san
I added a poll to this thread. I wanna see how many of us are on each team. wink
User Image

I am the only original Aekea... f-in geeeezzzeeeeee razz

Please BUMP all the tanks you play.
Support the Tank Owners.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:42 am
Okay, here is the guide for the next event, Lift Thing...
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/rejected-olympics-2012/thing-lift-guide/t.80880355/

Nobody has seen the game yet though, just the guide. As soon as I find a direct link I'll post it here.

This one is a team-effort game, which requires 5 members from each town. You guys may be able to find more people from the guild to go with you if you post a request here if that ends up being necessary. I have a representative from each town with my accounts, so I can lend a hand to any team. I also have two Barton accounts, and it's been hinted in the Event Forum that you may be able to use mules for extra players (ie, multiple windows).  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:47 am
Out of curiosity though, if the game is based on precise timing, wouldn't it be a little difficult to use 2 accounts?

And thanks for the update. I kept looking for the game xP.

Once it comes out, I'm open to go with anyone as well, I also have a mule on every team.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:49 am
Kyuui Kiwi
Out of curiosity though, if the game is based on precise timing, wouldn't it be a little difficult to use 2 accounts?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. smile  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:48 am
New game is here 3nodding Just walk to the right in towns until you reach the beach and you should see the new icon. Its actually a really easy game haha.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:17 pm
Yes, very easy. smile Just sit on the line around your town's rock, then when the countdown gets to 0, stand up. Do that until your points reach 20, then go back to the event page to collect your adoring babes!

I'm glad they made a game that allows you to interact with other Gaians this time. That's been the big problem with the Olympic games so far, is no multi-player interaction... just some little flash game that you play by yourself. We could go onto a thousand internet websites to play much funner games like that.

The best were the old forum-based events that we used to have... everything from vampire hunts to zombie invasions to water fights. We had much funner role-play and interaction that way.

Did anybody else have problems getting onto Gaia earlier? I wasn't able to get on until now. I took a break and watched Wrath of the Titans instead, then after I finished it still took me many tries to get back on.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

smarterish

Fashionable Smoker

1,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:28 pm
i lurn sumtins knew frum gumbinos gurls cuz dey r smartish. u duns nids 2 clik on buttun, u cans prez CTRL 2 sits n stands.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:38 pm
I think if you have a group of more than 5, as long as 5 people do it you still get points.... emotion_awesome Cause my points flash even if I didn't do anything.
Thats just an assumption though, I don't know if its actually true.  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Hexatus Aquatica

Olympic Champion

1,500 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:45 pm
Kyuui Kiwi
I think if you have a group of more than 5, as long as 5 people do it you still get points.... emotion_awesome Cause my points flash even if I didn't do anything.
Thats just an assumption though, I don't know if its actually true.

Yeah, you need to have 5 people on the same team doing it properly to get any points. It'll flash if you do it right. But you don't necessarily get the item after getting the points, for some reason. I just keep lifting in one window and keep checking the events page in another window to see if I got the item.

Barton is kind of disadvantaged because you can't sit anywhere and still see the countdown.

The CTRL trick from the smart Gambino girls really helps. wink

Unfortunately, some people play dumb and stand in front of the timer. If you wanna screw up the other team, I guess that would be the way to do it. wink But you can still tell when to stand by the movement of the rock.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:53 pm
Hexatus Aquatica

Yeah, you need to have 5 people on the same team doing it properly to get any points. It'll flash if you do it right. But you don't necessarily get the item after getting the points, for some reason. I just keep lifting in one window and keep checking the events page in another window to see if I got the item.

Barton is kind of disadvantaged because you can't sit anywhere and still see the countdown.

The CTRL trick from the smart Gambino girls really helps. wink

Unfortunately, some people play dumb and stand in front of the timer. If you wanna screw up the other team, I guess that would be the way to do it. wink But you can still tell when to stand by the movement of the rock.

Yeah, the points seem to update very slowly D: I know they said every 5 minutes... but I don't think thats really working well.
So far mine has only increased in increments of 100, but at the moment its not going up at all.

Lol, yep a few people were blocking the clocks for a little while. They eventually left though so its all good.

EDIT: Score finally went up.  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Neddog

Distinct Perfectionist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Yeah, the points seem to update very slowly D: I know they said every 5 minutes... but I don't think thats really working well.
So far mine has only increased in increments of 100, but at the moment its not going up at all.

Lol, yep a few people were blocking the clocks for a little while. They eventually left though so its all good.

EDIT: Score finally went up.

Yay! Good job. smile

lol, it seems the Aekea clock is the toughest to see if you keep your chat window up. sad I wish they would let you move those darned chat windows or at least choose which side they pop up on.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:10 pm
DISLIKE. Haha the scoring system changed. I didn't get a perfect 20 anymore. sad Well as long as the other ones counted towards the perfect achievement, I'm happy.  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:56 pm
And now you guys will see why Durem is so cool... wink

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And we even lifted this thing so hard that we THREW it out of the ring!
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff