Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
pathfinder mutant game? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:23 pm
I know, I stole the name from Final Fantasy Tactics, but I did come up with the story line myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:02 pm
Would you be willing to allow the Ninja alternative Rogue class from the Advanced Player's Handbook?  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:03 am
Posting my race for approval. I tried to stick with 9 RP points, since that's the average RP for the core races.

Tinkhrar, RP Total: 9

Type: Fey (2 RP)
(Grants low-light vision)
Size: Small (0 RP)
+1 AC and attack rolls, -1 on combat maneuvers and CMD, +4 Stealth
Speed: Normal, 30ft (0 RP)
Ability Score Modifiers: Standard, +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Cha (0 RP)
Languages: Xenophobic (0 RP)
Starting Language: Tinkhran
Bonus Languages: Common, Goblin, Sylvan, Undercommon

Defensive Racial Traits:
Fey Damage Resistance: DR 5/cold iron (3 RP)

Feat and Skill Racial Traits:
Craftsman: +2 on Craft or Profession checks to create objects from metal (1 RP)
Master Tinker: +1 on Disable Device and Knowledge (Engineering) checks. Tinkhrar are proficient with any weapon they have personally crafted. (2 RP)

Monstrous Traits:
Bite: Primary natural attack, 1d2+Str mod damage (1 RP)

Description:
The reclusive tinkhrar are a fey race that have descended from certain strains of gremlin after generations spent on the material plane. Tinkhrar and mites are both aware of their common ancestry, but hold no camaraderie with each other. Tinkhrar view mites as little more than cowardly, envious wretches, while mites regard tinkhrar as haughty traitors to their bloodline. For, unlike the mites, the tinkhrar have retained no magical abilities from their gremlin ancestors, save for their resistance to conventional weapons not forged from cold iron. In order to compensate for their lack of inborn magic, the tinkhrar pushed in opposition to their ancestors instincts. Where the gremlins would destroy, the tinkhrar decided they would create.

Generations of honing their craft have turned the tinkhrar into masters of the forge, skilled in working with all things metal. They acquired their knowledge by a combination of lurking on the fringes of society, studying the craftsmen of various races (dwarves in particular), and from a bit of rather hazardous trial and error.

Physical Description:
Small in stature, the average tinkhrar is around 3ft tall, weighing about 35lbs, and has the general appearance of a rabbit crossed with a small dog. They have large, pointed ears and beady black eyes. Their faces are mostly snout, with a wide, toothy mouth. Their bodies are covered with course fur, ranging from different shades of brown and tan, to a rusty red color. (Although albinoism is fairly common, given their preference for subterranean living.)

Society:
Tinkhrar travel in clans, usually consisting of several families who share similar outlooks, goals, and ideals. They rarely establish their own settlements, instead opting to infiltrate larger cities, where they'll hole up in basements and cellars. Sometimes a particularly large clan will move into the sewers, where they'll set up a sprawling community. Such groups usually take it upon themselves to keep the sewers running like clockwork, if only to keep outsiders from venturing down to investigate the source of any backups.

Independence is important to the tinkhrar, who prefer to craft their own weapons and armor, sew their own clothes, and raise their own food. Given their propensity for urban life, however, usually eliminates farming as an option, so tinkhrar trade crafted goods for whatever they can't obtain themselves.

Relations:
Turning to the forge as a way of life has left them with few friends among the fey. Aside from frequent skirmishes with mites, they have earned the ire of the gremlins as well, who take great delight in raising havoc in tinkhrar settlements with their destructive jinxes. It was frequent warfare with their kin that drove the tinkhrar to urban life, in hopes their more wild cousins would be less inclined to seek them out.

Among the humanoids, their reputations hardly fare better, especially among dwarves, who view them as thieves looking for any chance to steal more dwarven forging techniques. (A sentiment which isn't entirely false.) They find gnomish 'humor' to have too much in common with gremlin trickery, usually putting them on unfriendly terms. They admire human ambition and feel a connection with a halfling's sense of community and valued freedom. Combined with their shared small size, they get along reasonably well.

Alignment and Religion:
A life of hard knocks have left the tinkhrar a rather cynical and jaded race. They know that if you want to get somewhere or make something of yourself, then sometimes you just have to reach out and take it. As a result of this dire outlook, tinkhrar are mostly neutral, with an inclination towards evil. Tinkhrar are ultimately still fey at heart, and most pay homage to Gozreh. Evil tinkhrar typically hold the ideals of Droskar as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:41 am
iLL iNTENT
Would you be willing to allow the Ninja alternative Rogue class from the Advanced Player's Handbook?
I count core as anything on this site so... yes, you can use the ninja.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:47 am
Southern Cross Nemesis, How's the Aegyl?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:03 pm
the 3 that posted a mutant or race are all accepted.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:06 pm
Sweet. Ill start my character tonight!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:13 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
iLL iNTENT
I count core as anything on this site so... yes, you can use the ninja.

Ah, okay. When you said Core I thought you only meant the base handbook : P
Anywho, will start working on my character today.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT rolled 12 6-sided dice: 3, 2, 4, 1, 4, 3, 5, 3, 1, 2, 1, 1 Total: 30 (12-72)

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:25 pm
Rollin stats

EEEEUGH, thankfully we're rerolling 1s x.x  
iLL iNTENT rolled 12 6-sided dice: 2, 4, 6, 1, 1, 4, 5, 2, 5, 6, 2, 6 Total: 44 (12-72)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:27 pm
Rollin for last three stats  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT rolled 6 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 3, 3, 2, 4 Total: 19 (6-36)

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:28 pm
Rerolling 1s  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:34 pm
iLL iNTENT
Rollin stats

EEEEUGH, thankfully we're rerolling 1s x.x

3 2 4 3 = 10
4 3 5 3 = 12
4 2 3 3 = 10
2 4 6 2 = 12
4 4 5 2 = 13
5 6 2 6 = 17

Egh, not great, but I suppose it could be worse  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 6, 6, 3 Total: 20 (4-24)

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:00 pm
Rolling gold, hopefully I'll do better than I did with stats, lol
200gp, woot  
DeathAdams rolled 20 6-sided dice: 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 1, 2, 4, 1, 3, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 5, 4, 6, 3 Total: 68 (20-120)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:46 pm
Stats 1-5  

DeathAdams

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:48 pm
stat 6  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers