Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Whizz Hard Books ~ Open! (Now Hiring!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:32 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...
I am not the Yongest, or the brightest son...

..I am the most hated, But I am strong.

User Image
Slytherin 5th Year

> Shin nodded, looking at his little brother, knowing he would miss the child, even if he could not stay in his situation.It hurt knowing he was leaving his little brother there, all alone with out him. He nodded at Mr. Whitehouse. He knew that he would wait, he was detracted enough that he was eating fruit that was not green.
⁈PREFECT⁉

Mood? Shaky.
Emotional state? Snappy. Irritated.
Physical State? Did not eat. In pain.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:43 pm
User Image
Hello~

User Image Sabb hugged his brother before getting up. He knew he had to go. He did not know what to say however. So he just smiled and waved, before leaving.  

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:29 pm
User Image

Gearvin watched as the younger boy took off and took the sign off the door. Whatever his initial assessment of the boy was, he obviously couldn't be all that bad if the child was truly concerned about his older brother. Going over to his briefcase, he opened it up and started to go through the papers inside. So much for eating with his family, he thought ruefully. It bothered him, but not as much as he thought it would, which made him annoyed with himself.

He watched the boy across from him eat for a moment, and decided that now at least would be a good time to ask him about himself, since Shin would be staying in his home. "So, you go to school? Hogwarts, I assume. Which house are you in?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:42 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Slytherin 5th Year

> Shin watched his younger brother go, feeling sad to see the child leave. He knew that there was always a chance he would never see the child again. Then Mr. Whitehouse came into the room Shin was silent as the man moved about, eating little pieces of fruit..mostly green fruit. He looked up when he was spoken to however. The question unsettled him. What if this man did not like the house he had been in.
"School is hard Sir. I am very...very bad at spell work" He admitted honestly. "I do go to Hogwarts...Slytherin house" he said the last part softly, looking away at his uncovered left hand. His left hand and the left side of his face were still covered.

⁈PREFECT⁉

Mood? Shaky.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:54 pm
User Image

Gearvin nodded as Shin spoke, though small frown lines creased his brow when the teen said his house, almost as though he'd been ashamed of it. "Schoolwork is always hard, Shin, and the only way it gets any easier is when you work on it. Even the most basic of spells, when enough time and dedication is applied, can become a powerful tool in a wizard's arsenal. As for your house, I would feel proud of it. It isn't easy getting into Slytherin, when the house demands sharp minds and the will to do what is necessary. Others may... disagree, mostly those from Gryffindor, but they do not realize the true objectives of that house." A small smile found its way onto his face. "Though to be honest, I may be biased. I am, after all, a Slytherin alumni. As long as you weren't sorted into Hufflepuff, then there has to be something that the Hat saw in you that placed you within that prestigious house."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:02 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Slytherin 5th Year

> Shin heard the man talk about practicing and he felt bad. He knew the man would not like his answer. The truth was Shin had not successfully completed a spell sense 3rd year. "I can not successfully complete a Ticking Hex" he said, still looking at his hand. The he heard that Mr. Whitehouse was a former Slytherin. He was in aww with this man. "But..Sir...Your Kind" He said bluntly, before looking horrified at what had come out of his mouth.
⁈PREFECT⁉

Mood? Shaky.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:12 pm
User Image

Gearvin gave a good-natured laugh at that statement. "My boy, if you ever thought that all Slytherins were Dark wizards just waiting for their chance to strike out and gain an advantage, then you are clearly mistaken. One of the best ways to gain favor in any circumstances is not through force, but through cunning. A simple application of charm and decorum go a long way to swaying people to your line of thinking. Something that the Dark Lord in his heyday never understood. As for your difficulties in wandwork, has it ever occured to you that perhaps the main reason that the spells will not come forth is merely mental?" He shook his head. "If you believe that you cannot do it, then you will never succeed. If you have the determination and the will to succeed, then you can. Sometimes, it is all mental."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:20 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Slytherin 5th Year

> Shin did not know what to make of the information. It was contrary to everything his parents had told him and he had not hung out with other children at school. However, looking at it from Mr. Whithouses point of view..it made a lot of sense. Cunning was cunning and it was not all bad. He nodded, having stopped eating completely and stopped drinking. However it was the information on wand work that shocked him to the core. His mother had always told him that he was a breath away from being a horrible muggle like swine. It had always been on his mind when he did spells...the fact that he could not do spells. "Yes Sir...I..I never thought of that.."
⁈PREFECT⁉

Mood? Shaky.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:36 pm
User Image

Gearvin shook his head. "No, I doubt that you would have..." he muttered. The more he heard the boy speak, the more he was glad that his parents had never treated him in such a way. It was one thing to correct a child for doing something wrong, but to sabotage the boy for even existing? That was unheard of in his mind. "May I ask as to why you have such a low opinion of yourself? You do not have to answer if you do not want to. I only ask since it has been... bothering me."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:51 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Slytherin 5th Year

> Shin listened, still not meeting the man's eyes. He was deeply ashamed to be him self. He looked at his hands still, taking in a breath as he heard the question. Part of him did not wish to reply, however he saw this man as his head of house, the place his father had formally held..and in his family, you were taught to reply and obey. He looked at his gloved hand before speaking. "I know that I have failed at everything I have tried..that was dignified. I am increasingly ugly and unskilled...yet I keep imposing on the earths hospitality and keep breathing air that could go to better, cleaner...and more beautiful people. I....I truly am a horrible person..I do not know why you don't see me as such..but..but please...let me still stay here" He said, voice just how bad his sense of self worth truly was.
⁈PREFECT⁉

Mood? Shaky.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:10 pm
User Image

"And I say again that you would have not been placed inSlytherin house should any of that actually applied." Gearvin's voice was firm. "To think such a thing about yourself is to allow failure into your life in everything you do. If you were such a worthless person, you would have been sorted into Hufflepuff." He stepped from behind the desk and knelt in front of Shin. Grasping his face in a firm but gentle hand, he raised Shin's face up until he was looking into his eyes, and a considering look crossed his face as he saw the scars. "So, that's why..." he murmured, before letting go of the boy's chin.

"I do not allow weak people into my house. They have to stand on their own two feet. I also advise you to look people in the eye. It is extremely rude to do otherwise." He gestured to Shin's face. "I care not for appearances, only that you have the strength to overcome said difficulties. Besides, that is merely a scar. Whatever happened to give you such a thing, you survived it, and you have survived whatever your family may have done to you." A smirk played across his features. "If your parents view you so poorly, prove them wrong. It is, after all, the best insult you can ever give them, and will assist you more than anything else."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:21 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Slytherin 5th Year

> Shin hung his head low, feeling ashamed to have made Mr. Whitehouse speak so firmly. He nodded, before seeing the man step out from behind the desk, eyes going wide. He tried to pull away when his face was grabbed, horrified that some one had seen his scares. He shook, feeling freaked out.

Then he heard the weak comment. At first he was sure the elder was going to throw him out. He looked up, at Mr. Whitehouse though. Merely a scar? He saw it as...just a scar? His eyes were wide at that. No one had ever told him such a thing, even his eldest brother who had been disowned thought Shin ugly. he had had the school nurse shrink away from it and one girl even almost run last year. Yet..merely a scar. He smiled, a real smile as that comment, feeling a deep, deep sense of relief. He nodded. "Yes Sir..I..I will try my hardest to prove them wrong" He said, looking up at the man, his hair in his face again. Little did he know his brother had run into some one right around the corner...

⁈PREFECT⁉

Mood? not bad.
Emotional state? Shocked
Physical State? Good, ate

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:39 pm
User Image

Gearvin watched the boy as what seemed to be relief cross what features he could see, and nodded in approval. "See that you do," he said simply. Mentally, despite his calm exterior, he was disgusted. It wasn't toward the teen, no, if it truly were, then Shin would not be siting on hsi couch in his private office. It was instead directed at the people who raised him. He was thinking that it would have probably been better had this boy been born to muggles instead of whatever claimed to be a pureblood. Such people obviously gave his kind an erroneous reputation, and he hated it when people acted without decorum.

Obviously the boy would have to be taught the very basics in certain things, such as human decency, but Gearvin thought that the boy could still learn such a thing. He stood then and sat back behind his desk, giving Shin a look of consideration as he thought it over. It would probably do the boy well to learn the true power behind his house was not through force, but through manipulation, something that Gearvin had perfected nearly to an art. "By the way," he said, as an offhand comment, "I suggest you smile more. It does wonders no curse or hex could ever do to your enemies. It puts them off guard."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Slytherin 5th Year

> Shin was still smiling as if not noticing it, the sense of relief seeping into his very pores, making him feel human again. He did not notice that Mr. Whitehouse seemed to be having inner turmoil. He still hid his face but his body was more relaxed..making him tired. It was an odd effect, but the truth was he was running on pure steam at this point the food not having given him energy yet. He then stopped. "..Is my smile really that scary?" He asked, automatically thinking the worst.

He then stiffened, hearing the door to the shop slam open. He could practically smell her..she was here..but..but how? He started to shake, knowing with out a doubt that on the other side of the office door was his..his mother. The look of pure terror in his eyes showed threw his hair.

⁈PREFECT⁉

Mood? not bad.
Emotional state? Shocked
Physical State? Good, ate

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:01 am
User Image

Gearvin snorted. "Shin, it isn't the look of the smile, it is the act itself. It makes..." He trailed off, hearing the door to the shop slam, and Shin's suddenly stiff posture. His hand immediately went to his wand, which he had stowed up his sleeve. Whomever or whatever had made that noise would regret it should they cause a disturbance in his shop, he thought, his own mood at the moment volatile.  
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff