Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Abandoned by the Gods [4E] - Full Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Unrelated to game poll (see second post)
  Bring back "Fantastic Realities"!
  Bring back "Shot in the Dark"!
  Bring them BOTH back!
  Let them die.
  The Narwhal Bacons at Midnight
View Results

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:37 pm
Ok, I'll fix that up in a bit, shouldn't take long at all. I made the mistake of counting 5x3 instead of just twice, that's how I got 40. =P  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:41 pm
Vampfighter1
Are Pixies allowed from heroes of Feywild?

Hmmm... I'm in 2 minds about that. Though when I saw it announced I was veeeery interested to see how it'd work on the table. The Pixie Dust power seems OP to me, plus I don't know if a Pixie will be fitting with the gritty feel of the campaign...

Though screw it. I said all books allowed, and despite the fact that I loath any of the Heroes or Essentials books, I'll stick to my word.

There is one condition though, as a fey creature, you'll be from the Eladrin Isle's of Maivland. That means you'll be subjected to the same bigotry and racism that Eladrin characters may or may not be inflected to. Fair compromise? twisted  

joe-dude667

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:43 pm
Absolute Virtue
Ok, I'll fix that up in a bit, shouldn't take long at all. I made the mistake of counting 5x3 instead of just twice, that's how I got 40. =P
I assumed so. I always tend to make that mistake. Gain 5hp each lvl, you're lvl3, that's 15 right...? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:02 pm
I enjoyed Shot in the Dark, but Fantastic Realities was lacking a hook. I like the idea of this game though, it seems pretty rich.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:08 pm
joe-dude667
Vampfighter1
Are Pixies allowed from heroes of Feywild?

Hmmm... I'm in 2 minds about that. Though when I saw it announced I was veeeery interested to see how it'd work on the table. The Pixie Dust power seems OP to me, plus I don't know if a Pixie will be fitting with the gritty feel of the campaign...

Though screw it. I said all books allowed, and despite the fact that I loath any of the Heroes or Essentials books, I'll stick to my word.

There is one condition though, as a fey creature, you'll be from the Eladrin Isle's of Maivland. That means you'll be subjected to the same bigotry and racism that Eladrin characters may or may not be inflected to. Fair compromise? twisted

Completely.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:15 pm
About the themes, it's basically an added background (to a degree) bonus you can retrain out much like a feat, with their own levelled bonus.
They introduced them in the dark sun books & in dragon #399.
If you have the dark sun books, they can explain a helluva lot better than i can.
(edit a few minutes later: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=377624 there's my sheet. just need to give it a bunch of infernal kickers & such. +2con,cha post-racial)  

Drag0nK1d

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:23 pm
@Arc:
It's because the game didn't get far enough to get to the hook! sweatdrop That fact being entirely my fault. If you remember, it had some very clichéd, overblown quest about a magic ring (I think it was a ring, may have been an implement of some sort) that a Goblin raid captured. After fighting said Goblins (not really a spoiler, you were tracking them when it all fell apart), something was going to happen which would bring the in the actual story line I had planned. I just wanted it starting off slow to get a more RP-y feel so I could really get to understand your guys characters.

@Dragon:
I'm still going to say no. Sorry. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:25 pm
My Rolls. -Really- glad I went this route.  

Ancelas

Drag0nK1d

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:29 pm
Don't worry bout it.
Not many dms accept themes anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:30 pm
Ancelas
My Rolls. -Really- glad I went this route.

*Rolls 3 6's and a 1*
Oh I got a 1, better re-roll it.

What were you expecting to achieve?! =P Haha!

Those are some seriously good rolls though man. I can't believe your lowest stat is 14! If I do another game I may have to edit the dice rolling system slightly. >.<  

joe-dude667

Ancelas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:33 pm
Yeah, I was blown away. I was chatting with Virtue and didn't want to roll at first, but I figured I'd give it a shot. And... it came out far better than anticipated >_>;;;

Lol, and yeah, that reroll was just 'cause I was curious.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:39 pm
Always go with the rolls, never can go wrong. 3nodding  

Absolute Virtue

Maelthra Ssinss rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 4, 5 Total: 19 (4-24)

Maelthra Ssinss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:47 pm
joe-dude667
ChidarRalan
Part 2

4, 5, 4, 5, = 14
5, 5, 3, 6, = 16
1, 1, 4, 3, 4, 5 = 13
1, 3, 4, 2, 2, = 9
4, 4, 3, 1, 4, = 12
6, 2, 1, 1, 5, 3, =14

Eurgh... Those're... not awful... but... eurgh
Don't forget, its roll 4d6 seven times, so you might be able to get rid of that 9! mrgreen

Oh yeah!
4 more d6's!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:58 pm
Absolute Virtue
Always go with the rolls, never can go wrong. 3nodding
If the rolls suck, you can just go with point buy. wink  

joe-dude667

Maelthra Ssinss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:27 pm
joe-dude667

....s**t. I used the 4e character creator... I don't know how to change that format... Fudge.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff